Emma Frost or Jean Grey : Who do you like the more

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Emma Frost or Jean Grey : Who do you like the more (138 votes)

Emma Frost 48%
Jean Grey 47%

In one of my previous polls, Emma is leading as X-Men best lady. So I have decided to put Emma Frost against the other X-ladies individually. We had Storm and Emma and Rogue and Emma and Psylocke and Emma Frost. Now its Jean Grey and Emma Frost.

Jean and Emma has one of the most popular rivalries in X-Men comics, not just the characters, but the fans as well.

Who do you like more Jean Grey or Emma Frost

• 
somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hopesummersforthefuture: Same here, I love teen jean, she's gonna be more powerful than her adult counterpartm and hopefully more relevant

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Same here, I love teen jean, she's gonna be more powerful than her adult counterpartm and hopefully more relevant

Her counterpart is one with the Phoenix now, so I doubt it. They are the same Jean Grey anyway, this one just hasn't spent enough time with Xavier or experienced Dark Phoenix, so restraint isn't a primary concern. She is not pulling punches and using more power than the adult Jean Grey did when she was her age.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very hard to pick, I love both of these girls...

But I have to go with Emma because overall I feel like she's more interesting and evolves more as a character.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

Her counterpart is one with the Phoenix now, so I doubt it. They are the same Jean Grey anyway, this one just hasn't spent enough time with Xavier or experienced Dark Phoenix, so restraint isn't a primary concern. She is not pulling punches and using more power than the adult Jean Grey did when she was her age.

which is cool but i hope she doesnt become dangerous

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By time1

@lordofallhumans said:

@somacula said:

What do you think of these images

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@somacula said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is the last one from a future of all-new x-men? Also it looks pretty cool

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By time1

@time said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@somacula said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is the last one from a future of all-new x-men? Also it looks pretty cool

No it's just fan art, I would love to see Rachel Grey in All-New X-Men with Teen Jean.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

its weird how teen jean looks like hope summers. also yeah it would be cool if rachel joined anxm but i think scott is using her as a spy at logan's school

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

its weird how teen jean looks like hope summers. also yeah it would be cool if rachel joined anxm but i think scott is using her as a spy at logan's school

Why would he used Rachel as a spy ?. Well Hope is rip-off of Jean, so I'm not suprised she looks like her.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time:

Why would he used Rachel as a spy ?. Well Hope is rip-off of Jean, so I'm not suprised she looks like her.

IDK to spy on his friends especially Logan

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time:

IDK to spy on his friends especially Logan

Why spy on them. Shouldn't he trust Storm and Logan to run the school. Unless he is worried about Mystique.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing that interests him at JGS now that he has the O5 with him, and well hope became kind of pointless after AvX. I'm expecting hope to come and ask scott to join the revolution, it'd go like these

Hope: Hi grandpa, can I join the revolution?

Cyke: Nope hope, you're my grandaughter and this is a dangerous fight, plus I don't know if you are spying for the avengers

Hope: So after I restore the mutant race you just dump me?

Cyke: So after you side with the avengers, a psycho killer that tried to kill you twice, and put in risk everything I was fighting for don't expect me to just let you in my team

Hope: What if the phoenix comes back, who'll handle it? You again?

In that moment jean passes by and says "morning scott, morning red that looks like me but is not me"

Hope: Was that, was that . . .?

Cyclops: (smirk) that seat is taken, your dad is gonna pick you up for school in 5 mins, later hope. . .

Hope is useless now that we have (young) Jean, I'm gonna buy her solo as soon as it comes out and I hope cyclops makes her realize that

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@time said:

@time:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing that interests him at JGS now that he has the O5 with him, and well hope became kind of pointless after AvX. I'm expecting hope to come and ask scott to join the revolution, it'd go like these

Hope: Hi grandpa, can I join the revolution?

Cyke: Nope hope, you're my grandaughter and this is a dangerous fight, plus I don't know if you are spying for the avengers

Hope: So after I restore the mutant race you just dump me?

Cyke: So after you side with the avengers, a psycho killer that tried to kill you twice, and put in risk everything I was fighting for don't expect me to just let you in my team

Hope: What if the phoenix comes back, who'll handle it? You again?

In that moment jean passes by and says "morning scott, morning red that looks like me but is not me"

Hope: Was that, was that . . .?

Cyclops: (smirk) that seat is taken, your dad is gonna pick you up for school in 5 mins, later hope. . .

Hope is useless now that we have (young) Jean, I'm gonna buy her solo as soon as it comes out and I hope cyclops makes her realize that

Great scene. Hope is useless now but i kinda feel sorry for her.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: hope was a tool for the Phoenix and nothing else, I saw that miles away in second coming. Now that her purpose is fullfilled she is in the tool shed/ backburner were she belongs. I wonder if Teen jean becomes popular enough could she match her adult counterpart?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Plot device > tool if there is anything that ranks below she's that. Maybe she gets killed by a z lister and we dont have to Heard of her ever again, or maybe Jean abosorbs her

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are those images from marvel or juat a fan art?

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When I first watched X-men films I was always fond of Jean Grey and her super powers especially with the Phoenix. I voted for her, of course. Lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are those images from marvel or juat a fan art?

fan art

Galactus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Gene Gray winning this?? She is just another Omega-level mutant who can't be 'assed' to use her powers properly. Emma Frost is waaaaaaay hotter and uses her powers to her full advantage.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galactus92: Because Jean, like Emma is a very popular woman. And she CAN and HAS used her powers properly on multiple occasions..

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galactus92: Because Jean, like Emma is a very popular woman. And she CAN and HAS used her powers properly on multiple occasions..

Agreed

Galactus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Fair point, you are right; I just generally prefer characters that use their all power, all the time at 'full belt' because frankly its what I would do If I had powers. I love Phoenix Jean for this very reason but non-phoenix jean just isn't as thrilling, obviously.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Fair point, you are right; I just generally prefer characters that use their all power, all the time at 'full belt' because frankly its what I would do If I had powers. I love Phoenix Jean for this very reason but non-phoenix jean just isn't as thrilling, obviously.

lol there is a reason why people like Jean, Storm or Bobby don't go full power all the time. Although I think Marvel trying to show that Jean is more than the phoenix with this new teen jean thingy (My knowledge on Jean is sorely lacking i really need to refresh my memory.)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to go with Emma simply because I enjoy heroes that have a weakness, their own personal kryptonite as it were. In the same light I despise the "Omega level" mutants. If you want them, fine but move them out of the books where everyone else isn't one. I prefer heroes to have real flaws and limitations, especially in a team book where they need to depend on each other more to accomplish things. With Emma I can see that, the way they keep upping the power levels with all the Omega idiocy destroys that for me.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

I'm going to have to go with Emma simply because I enjoy heroes that have a weakness, their own personal kryptonite as it were. In the same light I despise the "Omega level" mutants. If you want them, fine but move them out of the books where everyone else isn't one. I prefer heroes to have real flaws and limitations, especially in a team book where they need to depend on each other more to accomplish things. With Emma I can see that, the way they keep upping the power levels with all the Omega idiocy destroys that for me.

Being an omega level mutant was a limitation for Jean IMO. Due to the Dark Phoenix everybody was afraid that Jean could turn into that and anytime she used more power than they were use to seeing they panicked and she could sense it. So she kept her powers locked down for years, being an omega level mutant was like a curse because she could never comfortably use her powers without being reminded of how potentially dangerous they were without being held in check at all times. In all honesty without the seemingly standard psi blocks of today and robots Emma doesn't need a team either because she is a telepath.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

Being an omega level mutant was a limitation for Jean IMO. Due to the Dark Phoenix everybody was afraid that Jean could turn to that and ainnytime she used more power than they were use to seeing they panicked and she could sense it. So she kept her powers locked down for years, being an omega level mutant was like a curse because she could never comfortably use her powers without being reminded of how potentially dangerous they were without being held in check at all times.In all honesty without the seemingly standard psi blocks of today and robots Emma doesn't need a team either because she is a telepath.

Good points. I never saw it that way.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emma will never surpass jean in any way. she already have scott. that's it. emma will never be more powerful and love more than jean.

1. because jean is the 1st x-woman

2. emma started as a villain

3. jean has always been the heart of the x-men and emma's a bitch

4. kitty, storm and rachel hates her. no one hates jean except emma and her fans.

Jean is now comfortable with her powers, she knows that with the x-men she won't go dark phoenix.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By numi

emma will never surpass jean in any way. she already have scott. that's it. emma will never be more powerful and love more than jean.

4. kitty, storm and rachel hates her. no one hates jean except emma and her fans.

Jean is now comfortable with her powers, she knows that with the x-men she won't go dark phoenix.

Uh... what? No seriously, you're saying she's better because she's a damn Mary Sue? Having essentially infinite power is already a massive problem. Power corrupts and we've seen Jean give in to that multiple times. As for love, sorry I just don't buy that, it's your own perception and I don't see it being backed up. As to your other points.

1. So what? Scott is the first x-man, right? Doesn't make him beloved.

2. ...and became good as opposed to going the other way in your simplistic terms. But better yet, Emma is neither black nor white, good nor evil. She's much more human and connectable than that with all her flaws and it's more enjoyable reading her deal with them.

3. Utterly subjective and childish. The heart of the x-men? Rather a whiny anchor around their necks.

4. Pretty sure some of the cuckoos hate Jean for similar reasons as to why Rachel hates Emma.

Talking about teen Jean aren't you? I wouldn't be so sure about either her comfort or any certainty that she won't go Dark.

@lordofallhumans

"Being an omega level mutant was a limitation for Jean IMO. Due to the Dark Phoenix everybody was afraid that Jean could turn into that and anytime she used more power than they were use to seeing they panicked and she could sense it. So she kept her powers locked down for years, being an omega level mutant was like a curse because she could never comfortably use her powers without being reminded of how potentially dangerous they were without being held in check at all times. In all honesty without the seemingly standard psi blocks of today and robots Emma doesn't need a team either because she is a telepath."

So you're saying poor Jean was really a victim of having the power of a god? We should feel sorry for her because she chose not to unleash her full power all the time? So any trouble they found themselves in she could have gotten them out of with a thought, therefore anything that actually happened to all the rest was technically her fault because she allowed it to happen.... because she didn't want anyone to be afraid of her and what she could do? Does that actually make her a coward or just evil?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@darthphoenix said:

Uh... what? No seriously, you're saying she's better because she's a damn Mary Sue? Having essentially infinite power is already a massive problem. Power corrupts and we've seen Jean give in to that multiple times. As for love, sorry I just don't buy that, it's your own perception and I don't see it being backed up. As to your other points.

1. So what? Scott is the first x-man, right? Doesn't make him beloved.

2. ...and became good as opposed to going the other way in your simplistic terms. But better yet, Emma is neither black nor white, good nor evil. She's much more human and connectable than that with all her flaws and it's more enjoyable reading her deal with them.

3. Utterly subjective and childish. The heart of the x-men? Rather a whiny anchor around their necks.

4. Pretty sure some of the cuckoos hate Jean for similar reasons as to why Rachel hates Emma.

Talking about teen Jean aren't you? I wouldn't be so sure about either her comfort or any certainty that she won't go Dark.

@lordofallhumans

"Being an omega level mutant was a limitation for Jean IMO. Due to the Dark Phoenix everybody was afraid that Jean could turn into that and anytime she used more power than they were use to seeing they panicked and she could sense it. So she kept her powers locked down for years, being an omega level mutant was like a curse because she could never comfortably use her powers without being reminded of how potentially dangerous they were without being held in check at all times. In all honesty without the seemingly standard psi blocks of today and robots Emma doesn't need a team either because she is a telepath."

So you're saying poor Jean was really a victim of having the power of a god? We should feel sorry for her because she chose not to unleash her full power all the time? So any trouble they found themselves in she could have gotten them out of with a thought, therefore anything that actually happened to all the rest was technically her fault because she allowed it to happen.... because she didn't want anyone to be afraid of her and what she could do? Does that actually make her a coward or just evil?

Who is feeling sorry for her? I am explaining how she does have limitations and how they are self imposed. Your argument gets kind of silly as I continue to read so I will wipe it from my memory.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@lordofallhumans

Who is feeling sorry for her? I am explaining how she does have limitations and how they are self imposed. Your argument gets kind of silly as I continue to read so I will wipe it from my memory.

Which is a reflection of the ludicrous claim that a self imposed limitation is any kind of real limitation or flaw at all. When it can be abandoned at will to become a lazy plot device for writers to save or destroy anything and everything. If you can't follow the logic that any self imposed limitations of Jean's that keep her from fixing a problem or saving the life of someone when she has the ability make her either (a) a coward for not saving them or (b) evil for choosing to let them die then you don't understand the fallacy of your argument. Putting handcuffs on yourself when you have the key to them doesn't really restrict your actions and the same holds true for your argument for her limitations.

That being said, I would read a solo book for her just to see how they write someone with that kind of power and where they can go with it but in a team dynamic it just doesn't work for me. "...and here's our fifth member, Jean! She's essentially god but she 'll try to play being mortal so we don't all feel useless or afraid..."

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@numi said:

@lordofallhumans

Which is a reflection of the ludicrous claim that a self imposed limitation is any kind of real limitation or flaw at all. When it can be abandoned at will to become a lazy plot device for writers to save or destroy anything and everything. If you can't follow the logic that any self imposed limitations of Jean's that keep her from fixing a problem or saving the life of someone when she has the ability make her either (a) a coward for not saving them or (b) evil for choosing to let them die then you don't understand the fallacy of your argument. Putting handcuffs on yourself when you have the key to them doesn't really restrict your actions and the same holds true for your argument for her limitations.

That being said, I would read a solo book for her just to see how they write someone with that kind of power and where they can go with it but in a team dynamic it just doesn't work for me. "...and here's our fifth member, Jean! She's essentially god but she 'll try to play being mortal so we don't all feel useless or afraid..."

This is not something unique to Jean, many powerful mutants have self imposed limitations on their powers whether they are conscious or subconscious. Putting handcuffs on and not using the key is not cowardly if you know that taking the cuffs off could jeopardize the lives of everybody you know. Jean herself said she was having trouble with the rushes of power that using more gave her but she did all she could to remain in control, if Jean uses too much power she gets closer to the Phoenix and when that happens the potential of her being replaced by it increase. It shows strength of character to not become a "god" when the possibility of doing so could end the universe. Like I said your argument is silly if you know about the character and why she actually never used her full power.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Jean. They're both great characters, but Jean and Scott's relationship is probably my second favorite in comics, under Peter and Mary Jane.

Dark_s_wing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Dark_s_wing

Why is it that some Jean fans love to compare her with Emma so much? Why should anyone care whether she surpassed Jean or not? Jean may be your reference, but she certainly isn't mine, and I feel it's the same way for Emma fans in general. With one year in Generation X, Emma had already surpassed Jean in every way that matters, but that's just my opinion.

Not sure if serious...

Jean fans have spent more than a decade bashing Emma in many of her threads, and Emma was also a popular topic on Jean's own forums for most of the time when was appearing in 5+ titles. On the other hand, now that Jean is relevant again and Emma is in a bad spot, threads like this one show that Jean fans still have a huge problem with Emma, while you hardly ever see Emma fans causing trouble on Jean's threads. I feel Emma fans in general don't have much of a problem with Jean, or at the very least are way more... reserved about it. Look at your own posts on this thread and tell me whether its Emma fans that hate Jean or you that hate Emma.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

Why is it that some Jean fans love to compare her with Emma so much? Why should anyone care whether she surpassed Jean or not? Jean may be your reference, but she certainly isn't mine, and I feel it's the same way for Emma fans in general. With one year in Generation X, Emma had already surpassed Jean in every way that matters, but that's just my opinion.

@darthphoenix said:

Not sure if serious...

Jean fans have spent more than a decade bashing Emma in many of her threads, and Emma was also a popular topic on Jean's own forums for most of the time when was appearing in 5+ titles. On the other hand, now that Jean is relevant again and Emma is in a bad spot, threads like this one show that Jean fans still have a huge problem with Emma, while you hardly ever see Emma fans causing trouble on Jean's threads. I feel Emma fans in general don't have much of a problem with Jean, or at the very least are way more... reserved about it. Look at your own posts on this thread and tell me whether its Emma fans that hate Jean or you that hate Emma.

Even when emma was fighting zorn/jean she said "it was white queen vs black queen, the message boards would love this."

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm lost on the bold....they hate Emma ? I know for certain Storm doesn't hate Emma...storm even gave Emma permission to insult her when they were bonding.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

I'm lost on the bold....they hate Emma ? I know for certain Storm doesn't hate Emma...storm even gave Emma permission to insult her when they were bonding.

did you see avx 11 where storm was like to emma "there is something i wanted to do for along time" did her powers hit emma at full speed :ka-boom"? lol there frienemies

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@hopesummersforthefuture: ..........how the hell did Storm get back to wanting to cook Emma to a crisp? O_O......AVX is when they were the Phoenix five or something?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: ..........how the hell did Storm get back to wanting to cook Emma to a crisp? O_O......AVX is when they were the Phoenix five or something?

yup then the phoenix four, then two and then one

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

yup then the phoenix four, then two and then one

well....................Storm probably wanted an excuse to unleash hell. I thought that they would have that kind of bitchy sister relationship..

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Eeshaan1685

The third picture looks like they're gonna.... You know.... start doing a lot more than just fighting...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

celeste doesn't like teen jean but didn't have problems with the grown up jean, i don't know any scene where the cuckoos said anything bad about old jean. storm will always be on jean's side. she loves jean too much to be chummies with emma. and yeah, her feelings towards emma showed during avx.

I just love the jean-storm relationship. there's just no competition between them. they always look after each other, especially storm. She has always been protective of jean.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

celeste doesn't like teen jean but didn't have problems with the grown up jean, i don't know any scene where the cuckoos said anything bad about old jean. storm will always be on jean's side. she loves jean too much to be chummies with emma. and yeah, her feelings towards emma showed during avx.

I just love the jean-storm relationship. there's just no competition between them. they always look after each other, especially storm. She has always been protective of jean.

Firstly celeste is disappointed that jean is not "the psychic warrior princess" people let them believe. Secondly thats so cute that storm and jean protect each other

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@darthphoenix said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Storm cried in No More Humans when she was fighting dark phoenix...she was the only one who cried when everyone was like "kill her quick!"...I think Jean/Phoenix went after Emma at one point for messing with storm's head....