Disassembled

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

"X-MEN DISASSEMBLED brings together nearly every mutant left on earth in a story that threatens to destroy them – an epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance, with an adventure so earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!"

Another riff on an Avenger event. Marvel's decided "Everyone dies!" never gets old. Looks like they tried to include everyone, but I notice Rictor, Strong Guy, Karma and Cecelia Reyes missing from the image. I gotta say I'm curious to see how Psylocke's return to her body is approached, buuuuut we juuuuust came off of Death of X....which killed off characters so now we get another story....killing off characters. Are the writers getting off on torturing mutants?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f
deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

"Hated and feared by those who make money out of them"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Just end this franchise already. The X-men are more like Pokemon these days, a ton of sort of color coated characters that appear in titles that are designated by colors where some of it's main characters wield lightning and telekinesis.

I keep waiting for the Fenris twins to show up again and say "Prepare for trouble...."

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Lol. You can’t say that they aren’t trying. They are getting rid of the O5, Jean is back, and they are going back to Uncanny. What could they possibly be missing?

Come on. Turn that frown upside down Mr, Grumpface. Come on, you still know how to smile don’t ya? Come ooooonnnn.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Eh, too little too late. The franchise is far more broken than that, nearly every character has been through the ringer and back and all the newer characters are derivative and boring. The X-Men need Hickman to bring in new ideas. That guy gave every franchise he wrote for a renaissance.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Takeshi57

So... why don't all the Avengers team and and have a bunch of them die instead... oh wait.

Seems the comics got things mixed up.

Story would have been way more interesting if the X-Men broke up and went their separate ways and not try and kill everyone again predictability.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I wouldn’t go as far as Hickman, Secret Wars put me against he idea of Hickman doing anything other than the Fantastic Four. I also don’t think a reboot is necessary either. I’m not opposed to the idea, but the X-Men aren’t beyond repair, they just need a good writer. Rosenberg has done well so far. I’m also still a Bunn supporter.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@cattlebattle: I wouldn’t go as far as Hickman, Secret Wars put me against he idea of Hickman doing anything other than the Fantastic Four. I also don’t think a reboot is necessary either. I’m not opposed to the idea, but the X-Men aren’t beyond repair, they just need a good writer. Rosenberg has done well so far. I’m also still a Bunn supporter.

Secret Wars was sort of a company crossover mandate though, done to bring in characters from the Ultimate Universe, so, I excuse him for that. His Avengers run was good, or, at least I thought it was.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Ok fair enough. So long as he expands on the lore rather than change it willy-nilly. Any changes should have an impact for the better of a character. I think he writes a good Doctor Doom though.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Every title he has written for he has generally brought in new ideas, even so to the point where The Black Order (is that their name??) are heavily featured in lots of modern things and were even in the recent Marvel film, they were his creation. The X-Men desperately need new ideas, that franchise has been coasting off the Claremont run, popular story arcs from the 90s, and Morrison/Whedon stuff for too long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @cattlebattle: Getting them back to top is too much trouble, just kill 'em all in a blaze of glory (OK, the blaze of glory is optional, but kill 'em all), and no phoenixesque resurrection gimmicks, no Ragnarök cycles. 55 years is more than enough for this lot.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Takeshi57

Why can't there just be a new storyline where they find more mutants? Why do they keep on killing them off? When House of M was around and SW depowered most mutants, that was considered a big deal, but now that kind of "kill off mutants because drama" is boring and stale. Not to mention it's just another stale way of killing off semi-popular mutants and getting rid of mutants who haven't been relevant in years.

We're going to end up with only 5 mutants left, so it kind of ends the way it started.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwasright: If that’s the case, then they should go out Teen Jean style then

https://upload.bitfeed.co/5a33fc1022ed7-Jean-grey-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Or maybe 17th century witch burning style. Intriguing indeed.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be adverse to having several mutants disappear, depowered or killed off.

The X-Men heroes now out number their villains! Too many mutants, way too many mutants.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I keep thinking of this as 'X-Men: Dismembered' and limbs are flying all over the place.

Tag line: "Give me my arm back!"

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Isn't that typically the case? A big bad Vs. a group of X-Men isn't exactly old.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi57:

If I were the editor in charge of the X Titles, I would make make it a mandate to spend more time developing foes over new students.

But that’s me.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

Damn. There are so many muties I'd like to see slaughtered.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Transonic even there? Does this mean we can see the rest of the Five Lights die?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koays  Online

Lol when everyone is so filled with event fatigue that they cant appreciate the fact that this is the first event without the O5 on the cover in years.

I mean of course it's still hilarious that virtually none of these characters have anything close to momentum or fan attachment because of years of stories wasted on gimmick characters that are no longer around....and that's not just a shot a the O5...I'm looking at you too Oya, Quire. Smh.

On the other hand.....F***KING SURGE IS HERE!!!HELL YES!

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Does Rachel know you have wandering eyes?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There are quite a few missing faces. Mag, Emma, X-force, Quire, Cuckoos, Mystique just to name a few.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I suspect Magneto is future ridden in X-Men Blue, Emma is in that cosmic arc, Quire is across the country in West Coast Avengers, the Cuckoos are anti-villains in X-23, and Mystique........ well, she could be anyone lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Koays  Online

@ashetdust: Rachel is the wife. Surge is that old flame from high school you sometimes wonder about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Quite picky in hair color. Let me guess, Polaris is also a good family friend.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Just think of all the cybernetic replacement parts. Forge is gonna start feeling inadequate.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Let me guess...another event where the mutants are killed off? How many times has Marvel killed off and brought back the mutants? They really need to come up with new ideas.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm hoping this is good and brings something new to the xmen but anyone that thinks killing off the is a good idea your not really a xmen fan at all. lots of fake fans around here

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great... now I'm worried this will just be an excuse to kill off Beak.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

With an ominous statement like "No one survives the experience," ya gotta wonder...who could they kill off at this point that would even make an impact that hasn't already "died" or recently been resurrected?

Jean - recently resurrected
Kitty - thought dead while riding the bullet, but she might be a kill contender
Storm - has she ever died? i think her fans would be LIVID, but the death of Storm would definitely make headlines
Rogue/Gambit - not sure they'd be so bold as to kill off a couple with their own title
Havok - he's had a rough ride, but there's gotta be at least 1 Summers
Dazzler/Cannonball - they're both Externals aren't they?
Psylocke - they wouldn't go through all this body-switching just to kill her
Beast - has he ever died? hmmm.
Colossus - resurrected a while back
Nightcrawler - resurrected a little while back
Banshee - resurrected
Bishop - not sure he's ever died either
Madrox - resurrected via dupe, kinda
Rachel - ....oh man, she might def be on the chopping block
Iceman - not sure he can ever really die

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glob should die to put him out of his misery.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thunderscream:

Storm - has she ever died? i think her fans would be

LIVID, but the death of Storm would definitely make

headlines

lol no. check CBR, her fans want her to die, they feel left out that she hasn't had a dead and ressurected arc. it's weird. reading the comments in her appreciation thread is weird .

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Takeshi57

@del_torro: Does that mean Beast fans are even madder?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream:

The X editors have a thing about having both Jean and Rachel being around at the same time. I half expect Rachel to die soon.

Which really stinks because she’s really been dragged through the mud in Gold this whole time.

Poor girl can’t get a break.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t like that they following a Avengers trope. Doesn’t feel Original.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Beast has to go.