Darwin's powers for sentinels?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wouldn't Darwin's powers have fit better for Trask's Sentinel Program? Adapting to survive... you can't put them down. They were pretty OP in DOFP already, I just think his powers make sense than Mystique's shape-shifting.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Koays  Online

@oscars94 said:

Wouldn't Darwin's powers have fit better for Trask's Sentinel Program? Adapting to survive... you can't put them down. They were pretty OP in DOFP already, I just think his powers make sense than Mystique's shape-shifting.

I think him being "dead", made him a non-factor.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hindsight's a bitch.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@oscars94 said:

Wouldn't Darwin's powers have fit better for Trask's SentinelProgram? Adapting to survive... you can't put them down. They were pretty OP in DOFP already, I just think his powers make sense than Mystique's shape-shifting.

using Mystiques power they basically duplicated darwins, and yes it would of been a better fit but then the movie wouldnt of been able to exist cause well darwins dead :-p

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oscars94 said:

I think him being "dead", made him a non-factor.

Pretty much. But, TBH, it would have made more sense if they made up some crap about how they found fragments of Darwin's DNA and used that instead. I suppose they had to make Mystique more important and give another reason that her assassination attempt had to be stopped.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still dont feel Darwin should have died considering his powers according to the comics should have allowed him to live.... but then again its Fox!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Darwin's death was bullsh*t. Of course the only other person of color with cool powers dies first and the other black person betrays her friends and immediately becomes a villain trying to kill her former friends.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Darwin's death was bullsh*t. Of course the only other person of color with cool powers dies first and the other black person betrays her friends and immediately becomes a villain trying to kill her former friends.

yes i dont feel as thou they did enough research on Darwin and how his powers actually work. as far as angel i was good with her betrayel because she did join the new Brotherhood in the New X-men run awhile back but yes her immediate dislike and attack on the others was overdone, i was hoping more for a arguement being thrown back and forth between her and one of the xmen on how she could still follow Shaw after witnessing Darwin's "Death"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Well, it could have also been the fact they were the lesser known, least popular characters out of all the X-recruits. But, if people of color want to search for any reason to complain about something...that's cool too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Well, it could have also been the fact they were the lesser known, least popular characters out of all the X-recruits. But, if people of color want to search for any reason to complain about something...that's cool too.

I didn't need to search for anything to complain about. Not like there is anything wrong with complaining anyway.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

@farkam said:

I didn't need to search for anything to complain about. Not like there is anything wrong with complaining anyway.

OK.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

yes i dont feel as thou they did enough research on Darwin and how his powers actually work. as far as angel i was good with her betrayel because she did join the new Brotherhood in the New X-men run awhile back but yes her immediate dislike and attack on the others was overdone, i was hoping more for a arguement being thrown back and forth between her and one of the xmen on how she could still follow Shaw after witnessing Darwin's "Death"

Angel's betrayal was badly written imo. I guess we were supposed to buy her betrayal because she was a hooker or whatever and was of low morals. I can get if she joined Shaw out of fear but then her ferociously attacking the X-Men at the end seemed like bull as she had no real reason to be fighting so viciously. You can't get indoctrinated overnight.

There was no reason for Darwin not to evolve to survive Shaws attack other than the writers needing him dead. So that was also badly written. I suspect that he was killed off because he was too powerful otherwise. I actually liked the character and didn't expect him to get killed off so quickly.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

Yeah that was BS, there is no way Mystique should give the Sentinels that power. Darwin who is power is evolve to everything works better or Rogue who is copy whatever power someone else has. Heck I would have even bought jacking wolverine's infinite heal potential.