#2  Edited By cattlebattle
No Caption Provided

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't like reading about kill squads, so my ideal X-Force team is the ultimate heist team:

Cable, Mystique, Forge, Monet, Gambit and Domino

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke,Domino,Cable,Deadpool,Warpath,X 23

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By GeekMangacomic

I'll make a team for Ressurxion.

My team would be:

Cable (It's not a real X-Force team without him)

Bishop (He needs to make a comeback, he's pretty cool. Besides, him and Cable are good friends.)

Domino (Another person Cable trusts.)

Sage (She's a good character, and she used to be Bishop's partner. Plus she'd be the brains.)

Deadpool (Him and Cable have a lot of history together, plus X-Force needs comic relief.)

Magik (X-Force needs a magic expert, why not the Sorceress Supreme of Limbo?)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will probably change for me several times throughout this thread but as of now...

Cyclops

Cable

Rachel Grey

Domino

Warpath

Meltdown

My premise is that this team would go after groups, corporations, nations, governments etc that still seek to employ the extinction of mutantkind whether it be by use of Sentinels or other technology, viruses, legislation etc. Killing would be a last resort but dismantling and exposing and destroying by any means would be the name of the game. They seek to avoid the dystopian futures most if not all of them have seen or been a part of.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leader: Stryfe

Vulcan

Luminous

Raze Darkholme

Adrienne Frost

Predator X

Premise: Stryfe finds mutants with scores to settle against the X-men and uses his powers to be a government sanctioned black ops force. However, every mission is made by a mind controlled government official and gets them closer to being legally allowed to kill whoever they please and change the future to whatever they want

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason I've been considering X-Force as more of a mutant version of Suicide Squad. Mainly badguys but with some tough as hell hero members.

Cable

Rachel

Selene

Mystique

Magik

Gambit

Cable and Rachel have the half siblings thing going on. Mystique is always a wildcard as is Gambit and I can kind of see them hooking up. Selene and Rachel hate each other, even if Selene might see this as an opportunity to bring Rach over to the dark side like she tried before. Magik is just a powerhouse and the much needed team teleporter. If they dont kill each other, could be an awesome team.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke

Rogue

Darwin

Cyclops

Cloak

Dagger

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

@masterofevil: Not a bad premise. Not sure about all of the roster or calling it Xforce but that's pretty cool. Sounds like a new version of the MLF or Xcell or go futuristic and call it Exhumes or X.S.E. I could also see this being a new and updated goal for the Hellfire Club though we may have to tweek it to operation Hellfire or something else like Dept H

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel

Magik

M

Captain britain

Gabriel shepherd

themadtitan187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By themadtitan187

Gotta go with.....

Archangel

Wolverine

Fantomex

X-23

Psylocke

Cable

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Nice squad. That's from Age of X right? What was that teams purpose, I don't remember right off hand. We're they just hunters? What would you have them doing now?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: Nice squad. That's from Age of X right? What was that teams purpose, I don't remember right off hand. We're they just hunters? What would you have them doing now?

Yeah, it's from Age of X.

They were like mercenaries from what I remember.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: They were specifically tasked with apprehending Rogue (Legacy) using all necessary force.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I see. So how would you use them now. As mercenaries again or to hunt and capture dangerous mutants maybe?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: I see. So how would you use them now. As mercenaries again or to hunt and capture dangerous mutants maybe?

To be honest, I don't even care for the concept of X-Force. The only time I found it even remotely interesting was oddly enough in the mid 90s....and it's because I sort of liked the idea of X-Force being trained as child soldiers for the supposed upcoming war. Though, I sort of wish that Magneto would have been their leader instead of Cable, because you could have had all the collective heroes of the Marvel Universe worried all the time that Magneto was secretly training a new generation of his Brotherhood ,which would have led to some interesting conflict and arguably Cable's character, which was interesting in the very early 90's, wore thin after awhile, . That's just fan fiction though.

If there had to be an X-Force I suppose I just keep it how they have been always been doing it....with the team handling more secretive, illegal missions.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yeah I'm with you on the idea of Magneto training and all. That would have made for far deeper storytelling. I've never been a huge Cable fan either and especially not a fan of the time travel stuff at least with him. The New Mutants changed into Xforce and trained by Magneto while everyone else is suspicious makes for some interesting stuff

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: Yeah I'm with you on the idea of Magneto training and all. That would have made for far deeper storytelling. I've never been a huge Cable fan either and especially not a fan of the time travel stuff at least with him. The New Mutants changed into Xforce and trained by Magneto while everyone else is suspicious makes for some interesting stuff

Well, Magneto did train the New Mutants for a time. Though, I think he was just supposed to replace the Professor in being a hippie mentor type or at least that's how he was portrayed in the old New Mutants run. I have always favored the idea of Magneto maintaining his somewhat fascistic outlook while training the NM, that way different generations of X-Men would feel different to one another as opposed to being jsut a boring gaggle of super heroes all the time.

The idea of what X-Force has become is what I always imagine X-Factor should be about....except they should work for the government in a Suicide Squad type scenario....essentially what Mystique's Freedom Force was. I guess there is no real difference these days between X-Force and X-Factor....don't know though, I have just always thought X-Force was a dumb name.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HAWK2916

@cattlebattle: lol yeah. I think just simply calling it Xtreme X-men would suffice though the Xforce name isn't altogether terrible I guess

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is almost the gold standard for an X-force team lolz

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable, Domino, M, Wolverine, Magik, Deadpool, Sage.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

After the last three pretty terrible X-force runs the question isn't only what I want, but how it will click with the fandom again before it's getting canceled after 10 issues. K/Y and the followup by Remender did it successfully, but then such premise was basically killed off with the subsequent relaunches, which is sad, but still true. So if X-force will ever be published again, we need a strong premise with somewhat different stakes. I'm thinking, maybe take some of the messed up X-people with "demons" and aim them at the "right direction".

Let's say we'll keep Cable's precognition powers and restrict him from time travel. He still has a sense of it, still "connected", only not physically, and since his entire existence is based on preventing "apocalypse", he now has doomsday scenarios written all over his head and he knows he cannot do it alone, so he assembles a team of people who won't think twice if the fate of the future is at the stake before they pull the trigger. Let's also acknowledge all the current lineups and developments, considering they left so many awesome characters, it's quite interesting what can be done with just them.

• Cable - leader
  • Psylocke - second in command
  • Magik - taxi/base of operations (X-haven)/wildcard
  • Bishop - ah the drama!
  • Monet - her dirty bro hands still need to eat!
  • Polaris - I'm thinking of the possibilities
  • Archangel - a given

-----------------------

The villains can be Apoc Twins, make sense on most of the areas.

I think there's a significant portion of the fandom that loves their heroes twisted. I know I do.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

X-Force-Wolverine,X-23,Archangel,Psylocke,Deadpool,Cable

Villain-Twins of Apocalypse

Summary-Premise

Apocalypse Twins had four horsemen i.e Sabertooth,Grim Reaper,Banshee,Sunfire

They were send to acquire the life seed for creating genocidal ecosystem .....

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy. I haven’t done this one yet! Ok....

Leader: Cyclops

Team Members: Magneto, Emma Frost, Danger, Magik, Colossus, Idie Okonkwo

Main Villains: Bastion, Ultron, and Master Mold, and Donald Pierce

Premise: Donald Pierce restarts the Sentinel Program, seeking to end all mutants for an associate of his. So, he seeks technology from a battle that Ultron has with the Avengers to repair Bastion and Master Mold as well as upgrade himself. Unbeknownst to Pierce, this reawakens Ultron with new info on mutants and Sentinels. Obviously, the X-Men must stop them.

Special Antagonist: The Real Madelyne Pryor, Miss Sinister, Apocalypse, and the Hellfire Club

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Lists like yours keep reminding me of how good the Extinction team line up was....any special reason behind Idie?

I was thinking along similar lines

Lead by Cyclops, with Emma Frost, Danger, Magik, Magneto, X-23, Creed

Without the Juggernaut powers influencing him I don't think Piotr belongs on a kill team, he does have some anger in him, but at his core the man is a gentle giant. Everyone else on the team has a history of being willing to do the dirty work.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordMordor: Idies elemental abilities would come in handy, plus her character in Schism where she didn’t mind killing would fit in with the others who would not necessarily kill, but do what is needed.

I put Colossus on the team more for Illyana’s sake and his durability. Granted Magneto has shields and Emma has a Diamond Form, but I’d imagine they would need a tank for more impulsive physical decisions. Though Magneto has power likened to telekinesis and force fields, I wouldn’t write him in situations for him to successfully prevent disaster, like someone about to be hit by a car or someone grabbing a piece of a building with bystanders in danger. Emma has her Diamond Form, but not only would I use it sparingly in favor of her telepathy, but it’s more known for its durability, not its strength. (Not to say it doesn’t augment her strength)

In my story though, Danger would have a significant role. I bet you can already figure out how.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Thunderscream

X-Force: Archangel, Wolverine, Polaris, Sunfire, Gambit, Caliban (the strong version)

Villains: Ozymandias, Dark Beast, Decimus Furius, Blink (616)

Once enthralled as Horsemen of Apocalypse, these 6 mutants with a common thread converge to prevent the spread of a virus Dark Beast (Pestilence) derives from Ozymandias's (Famine) celestial curse, granting the infected an immortal organic stone form. They're drawn to a small town that appears deserted, the streets littered with stone rubble. It's not until a little girl emerges from her hiding place that they realize the rubble IS the townspeople as the little girl is living, breathing granite. The town was not interested in Ozymadias's offer of immortality, but he unleashed it anyway. They revolted and Decimus Furius (War) smashed everyone to bits, but they got what they came for. It worked. To make the hunt that much harder, Blink (616) has joined them rounding out their 4th as Death and giving them the ability to spread the virus anywhere at any time. They do have the misfortune of needing to find a strong enough host within a dense community to gestate the virus long enough for it to become airborne. Along the way X-Force encounters people who've accepted the offer and the repercussions of that decision. The loss of tactile feeling, stagnant physical development and realizing their bodies are more durable, but not totally invincible...actually enslaving them to Ozymandias's whim as he can manipulate stone with many turning to suicide to escape his control. Without a teleporter or a telepath, this team has their work cut out for them and they'd probably have to split up into 2 or 3 teams over the course of the adventure.

(I would've added Psylocke, but I think the Phoenix purged her Death seed...and she was technically a Horseman of Archangel.)

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: agree with you on the need for a tanky strength based member, that's why I added creed. considered namor as well though

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adamTRMM

Cable

X23

Warpath

Kwannon

Bishop

Cypher

Damn I'm losing my fluency of the X verse. Feel like I didn't even consider way too many.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GladeusEx

Just gonna jump on the necromancy band wagon.

Co-Leader, Heavy Hitter: Havok
Co-Leader, Telepath, Brawler: Emma Frost
Teleporter, Sorceress, Brawler: Magik
Technician: Forge
Bruiser, Heavy Hitter, Heavy Weapons Guy, Time Travel Guy: Bishop
Tank, Heavy Hitter, Unstoppable: Juggernaut

Emma Frost and Havok give the team the Yin Yang leadership, given contrast to the possible decisions of the team. Emma is the teams telepath, keeping them mentally linked, while also being useful in a scuffle with Diamond Body. Havok is capable of mowing down foes at range, and while having his potential unlocked by Emma, can pretty much topple even the staunchest of foes.

Magik is the team's magical and demonic expert, allowing the team to engage the supernatural. Additionally, she's the teams teleporter and adds to the darker nature of X-Force.

Forge allows the team to engage technological problems and devise technological solutions. He synergises well with Bishop, keeping him well supplied with cutting edge tech, and repairing it when necessary. Bishop himself allows the team to engage in time travelling disturbances and future threats, and can absorb Emma's telepathy, Havok's plasma, or Magik's magic to force multiply.

Then there's the Juggernaut. He's there to swat down threats that are a little too large for the rest of the team to handle. He gives incredible shock value (I can just imagine Magik teleporting him in) and physical presence to a team that's slightly light on overwhelming force or nigh invulnerability.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just gonna jump on the necromancy band wagon.

Co-Leader, Heavy Hitter: Havok

Co-Leader, Telepath, Brawler: Emma Frost

Teleporter, Sorceress, Brawler: Magik

Technician: Forge

Bruiser, Heavy Hitter, Heavy Weapons Guy, Time Travel Guy: Bishop

Tank, Heavy Hitter, Unstoppable: Juggernaut

Emma Frost and Havok give the team the Yin Yang leadership, given contrast to the possible decisions of the team. Emma is the teams telepath, keeping them mentally linked, while also being useful in a scuffle with Diamond Body. Havok is capable of mowing down foes at range, and while having his potential unlocked by Emma, can pretty much topple even the staunchest of foes.

Magik is the team's magical and demonic expert, allowing the team to engage the supernatural. Additionally, she's the teams teleporter and adds to the darker nature of X-Force.

Forge allows the team to engage technological problems and devise technological solutions. He synergises well with Bishop, keeping him well supplied with cutting edge tech, and repairing it when necessary. Bishop himself allows the team to engage in time travelling disturbances and future threats, and can absorb Emma's telepathy, Havok's plasma, or Magik's magic to force multiply.

Then there's the Juggernaut. He's there to swat down threats that are a little too large for the rest of the team to handle. He gives incredible shock value (I can just imagine Magik teleporting him in) and physical presence to a team that's slightly light on overwhelming force or nigh invulnerability.

Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun. But you would have to avoid the Jobbernaut aura he seems to have acquired lately.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: If this was real (and its clearly not) Juggernaut could actually be one of the first villains the five face before calling him in later when something gets really dicey.