Create an X-Factor Investigations TV show

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fox have been killing it recently with Deadpool, Logan and the Legion TV series. The new series set in the X-Men film universe 'Gifted' is shaping up to be something very interesting too. This brings up the possibility of other TV series being set within the X-Men film universe, and this brings to mind X-Factor Investigations.

No Caption Provided

X-Factor Investigations (X-Factor Vol 3) is a brilliant comic series that takes some forgotten mutants and concepts from X-Men lore and combines them into something new, stylish, funny, enigmatic, gripping and most of all real and relatable. The story is highly serialised, and the characters have less flashy powers than many mutants, which makes it ideal for a TV series.

So how would you make an X-Factor Investigations TV series within the X-Men film universe?

What would you make the central premise for the series given that M-Day doesn't really make sense within the existing X-Men film universe?

What characters would you have as part of the main team and as peripheral characters?

Who would you cast to play them?

Who would you like to be showrunner/s for the series?

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Are any of the shows going to be set in the film universe, or are they just going to use the same universe as Legion? If they do ever adapt X-Factor to television, they would have to do some tweaks to the team. Probably get rid of Wolfsbane. I don't see a television werewolf looking very good.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: I'm pretty sure Gifted is set in the film universe. Legion is more a stand alone thing, but there has been talk of tying it in with the film universe.

I reckon they could do a decent werewolf on TV budget these days. Given that Wolfsbane is in the New Mutants film though, I agree it makes sense to exclude her from the show.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tristanheron: That is cool. Only problem is using it in the same setting as their movies might thin out the characters some.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So here is my pitch. Mutants are mysteriously disappearing from Mutant Town so Madrox sets up X-Factor to investigate.

Patrick J Adams as Madrox

Parker Young as Guido

Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Monet

Sarah Bolger as Terry

Diego Bonita as Ric

Morgan Lily as Layla

Supporting cast Omar Sy as Bishop and Kristen Bell as Val Cooper

Showrunner Howard Overman with Peter David

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, they either hire PAD or do it from scratch. The reason why this lineup did work was only due to David's magic and nothing else. I don't think anyone but him can make Mardox tolerable for me as I detest his powerset. Likewise, most of these characters only worked for very specific reasons and a writer who was passionate with these C-listers and was pretty much given freedom to do with them whatever he liked.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: You detest Madrox's powerset? I think it is brilliant that he acquires the knowledge of his dupes as well as them having their own personalities.

I agree that PAD made X-Factor Investigations great, but his original X-Factor run and the later parts of Investigations weren't as strong as the start. There was something special about the original concept.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron:

I dunno how to explain it, it just way too illogical to me. I know, I know, pretty much all superpowers are, put his are a special case. He basically gives duplicates himself out of thin air (how? why?!) and those dupes happen to be both alive, even independent and not so much at the same time, I mean, I can understand this power and its benefits from a conceptual viewpoint, but I can't help myself but feel some sort of cognitive dissonance on a comprehensive level with it.

I've yet to catch up with PAD's original X-factor tbh, read some issues here and there, mostly from crossovers but never the whole thing.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As far as concept goes I've always preferred the X Factor freedom force government team idea. I think going that route with maybe sprinkling in the investigations as a separate and possibly unsanctioned byproduct of the teams experiences dealing with being run by the government might be interesting.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I don't think a government sanctioned "superhero team" makes much sense. I think it would need to be a black ops squad, a SWAT team or a localised police force for it to make sense being government sanctioned. There would be a lot of rules about what they can and can't do.

That being said, I would be happy with any of those concepts being explored in comics or in a TV series.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HAWK2916

@tristanheron: But that's just it. You just described what it would have to be. It would still be government sanctioned though just not exactly public which is many times what many government sanctioned squads are. And them going off the farm so to speak while having many rules and so called oversight would be a huge part of any story.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Okay. I'd be into that. I guess I just don't associate that with Freedom Force very much. Those guys should have been reprimanded so hard!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron: lol. Yeah I gotcha. In fact as a bit of a twist and somewhat of a mirror to our modern day situations I would have the team be backed by a corporation somewhat like a defense contractor because as you know there are layers involved. Plus that kind of grabs all of Peter David's tropes for his teams and rolls it all into one