Can a lightsaber cut through Colossus' skin?

LordInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I am pretty new to the Vine!

I was wondering what would happen if someone tried to stab Colossus with the iconic Star Wars weapon. (Unfortunately, this site does not let me tag two forums at once. So I gotta go with the X-Men forum instead of the Star Wars one)

So what do you guys think?

Can this

No Caption Provided

Cut through him?

No Caption Provided

LordInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3 god_spawn  Moderator

I'd say yes.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

Probably

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By arkbound

Not so much cut as burn through really, so I guess it depends on his melting point. Probably though

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm considering the time he went through the Breakworld core, deflected lasers on multiple occassions, and whatever the wikia says about his metal form. I don't think a lightsaber would casually cut through him, but maybe if applied for a long time, it would eventually start cutting through.

LordInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yee.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Yes lightsabers have been shown multiple times to cut through hard metals.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how hot the light saber is and what Peter's melting point is.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess would be yes? I've heard LightSabers can cut through anything soo sure why not.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quasi organic forms (metal, diamond and even ice) are more durable than their inorganic counterparts. Real steel cannot take the kind of punishment Colossus can that includes force and heat. A lightsaber being able to cut through hard metals is not proof that it can cut through Piotor.

InvincibleDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InvincibleDom

@lordofallhumans: I agree that lightsabers cutting through hard metals does not prove it could cut Colossus. I'm kind of undecided as I think it is difficult to determine things from one universe interacting with another. I can detail a Pro and Con which could bolster either argument:

Pro: There was an Excalibur comic where Pete Wisdom cut through Colossus' skin using his "hot knife" mutant power. I believe they were fighting about Kitty. Now I have no idea if his power has the same temp as a lightsaber but they are quoted as "as hot as the surface of the sun". Almost positive they had to do surgery to repair the damage to Colossus' back because of it. Another example would be AOA X-Men Omega comic where Gambit hit Colossus in the back with a charged object such that it broken the skin and stopped him from fighting to save his sister. Stored kinetic energy to lightsaber heat is again something I have no idea how to convert. To be fair, it could have been more do to the explosive impact than any heat.

Con: There are many materials in star wars cannon or legends that short out or are uncuttable by lightsabers. Some are metals, or materials or even living creatures. Cortosis, Neuranium, Mandalorian Iron, Armorweave, Phrik, Songsteel, Ultrachrome, Vonduun Crab, Zillo Beast, Orbalisks all had some or permanent resistance to lightsabers. The metals are interesting because they are typically an amalgam of known and unknown substance which should not give the ability to resist high heat. But they do. The animals which are resistant are interesting as "Organic Steel" may allow for lightsaber resistance due to a byproduct of it being a living thing.

A similar argument, "Can Lightsabers cut Adamatium", also bothered me for the same reason. People who say it can typically want to apply modern understanding of science to make it possible when the same modern science does not explain inconsistencies in Star Wars lore to allow for light saber resistant materials. These same people consider a lightsaber as plasma and not the original concept of light... which makes no sense in a scientific concept.

Overall, I think it is almost impossible to make an accurate argument for or against apples and orange comparisons in different universes. Since I love the X-Men a 1000 times more than Star Wars, I believe that Nope, Colossus is too awesome to taken out by some "laser sword" George Lucas didn't even bother researching to see how it worked properly.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Koays

Yes it can. Good bye.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than likely.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know how hot are lightsaber blades, so I can't say for sure.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends on the strength of the wielder of the lightsaber.

Even lightsaber-resistant material can be cut through if a Force user is strong enough to pierce it(like Luke, Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Grievous, Exar Kun among many others did).

KingKarate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most wouldn't be able to from what I've seen.