User Lists: 0

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

i thought her parents died in a apartment fire/explosion ...........wasnt Ororo stuck in the rubble causing her "claustrophobia"

A plane crashed into her house during the Suez conflict. Effectively making Storm in her 60s but still somehow not 60.

makes me cry. : (

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this thread. ‘Tis a good thread, @koays. Very good.

I still feel the same way I did then about these backstories. Maybe I should do another one. Hmmmmm....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Continue on. Second best. Third best. I mean really when you think about it the first 21 X-Men all have great backgrounds.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By adamTRMM

Seriously, those back issues (with the back stories) from Classic X-men are better than most of the actual comic stories, even from Claremont. That was his real genius.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Agreed. (Except for Wolverines. His was pretty random to me)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time for part 2!

1) Simply the Best: Emma Frosts as told by her solo series. I finally got around to reading it and oh my god, it is just tragic and beautiful, much like the queen herself.

2) Were revealed in the best story: Trinary. Granted, it’s clear that Taylor just favors his ideas as well as making the characters spokespeople, but still he really put a lot of effort into using her and she was used in the best ways during a time where Jean starts out her resurrection tour as a leader of her own team!

3) Were the most interesting: Stepford Cuckoos. Granted, their background is needlessly convoluted, but it raises so many questions and bridges a deeper connection between Emma and the girls even more despite the fact that they were already established as close, but in an unhealthy way. (I.E, the Cuckoos grudges, Emma’s controversial decision making, and the forced proximity by virtue of their teacher-students dynamic) Add the blood and you get more reason for Emma to care and unknown things about the Cuckoos that could arise.

4) Origin I find to be utter trash: Cables. Now don’t get me wrong. Cable is an interesting character and I do like the relationship he has with Jean. It’s Scott side of things that is just messed up, even though Cable ironically is on better terms with Scott and is less sympathetic towards Madelyne. I really wish they didn’t do that to Scott. I really do.

5) Origin stories I would tweak: Iceman. I’d keep all the stuff about Bobby’s power arising, the bullying, and the jail time. What would make sense of Bobby’s sexuality though would be nice so that people can actually relate to Bobby, rather than it coming out of nowhere tastelessly. Show, don’t tell. (Good luck DC with Bendis. I hope things go better for them than it did for us)