Astonishing X-Men: A Man Called X *SPOILERS* So many questions

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Is anybody reading this? Some weird stuff has happened, but I'm along for the ride.

So...any thoughts on the Xavier/Fantomex body switcheroo? Does it make sense? Does that make Fantomex the caretaker of the Astral Plain? If Xavier could arrange the molecules of this new body any way he wanted, why wouldn't he maintain the regenerative capabilities? Seems like a no-brainer. Does he have Fanto's 3 brains? Would that make him an even more powerful telepath?

I've gotta say, it's interesting having these particular characters interact. Mystique, Rogue and Gambit have so much unresolved history. The idea that Bishop has a log from his cross-time hunt for Hope laying out signs of the end is pretty exciting. Could this team become like the Exiles as Inter-Dimensional Doomsday chasers?

Was it too easy for X to just blink and erase Archangel's "Death" persona? When did he regain his memories as Warren in the first place? I thought I wouldn't be into it, but there are hints that Bets and Warren still have feelings for each other. It is AWESOME that the team voted Psylocke leader over X! There still is a lot he needs to explain before they fully trust him.

Thoughts on playing up Proteus's Irish heritage by altering his energy form to be green and his astral form to wear traditional Irish garb? X unknowingly reconstituted the reality manipulator into his most powerful form yet, with his manipulative track record...could that have actually been purposeful?

The art and story so far have been great thus far, but I just found out Greg Land is drawing #11 :( My favorite gal, Betsy graces the cover...but it still doesn't look great.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

this story is convoluted and makes no sense, but i am really enjoying it :D I think he made himself a new body, so no three brains or any of that he is identical to young Xavier basically i think was the point. I love the bishop story and wish we had more of it, and Archangel being cured is silly but I dig it, I love the Archangel warren so glad to have it along for the ride. IMO the story could do without mystique or OML but they dont bother me that much and the added bonus of taking away my most hated character (Fantomex) is always good

Greg land ewww, but yea i could dig this as a team to follow Original Cyclops when he returns <.<

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderscream

@mcklayn: Amen to the end of Fantomax! ....for now

Since Proteus brought it up.....and the imminent result of the explosion will be a world where one's deepest desires are granted with a thought.....and resurrections (X) and evil demons purging (Angel) and all kinds of spontaneous things are in the air.....and Psylocke's been a big focus for the book so far. What if she unconsciously thinks of her old body and being "whole" again and *POOF* she's British? And it sticks?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I agree about it being convoluted. I do however like your idea of this team joining a returned Cyclops.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @mcklayn: I'm curious to hear if y'all hung in there for the finale? (Issue 12)

I....am not satisfied.

It feels like, whilst writing, Charles Soule forgot what he'd just written on the previous page.

X kills Shadow King. Proteus emerges. X kills Proteus. Shadow King re-emerges from X, splitting his skull. Shadow kills X. X literally pushes his head back together. X kills Shadow King.

It focussed a ton on Psylocke, which I of course love, buuuut where the hell does X get off just erasing himself from the rest of the team's memories AND how in the bloody hell is Psylocke cool with it considering his previous manipulations? Rogue and Mystique got the shaft characterization wise. The most shallow representation of the two I've ever seen. Really, most everybody else only got mentioned in a few role-call panels Wizard of Oz style. X grants each a "gift" and they all suck...especially Archangel's....because X had already waved his magic wand and done that at the beginning of the arc. Member that, Soule? Member?

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I try not to sound negative, because that seems to be a thing on comic boards with everyone always doom and gloom, but I can really see why this is that creative team's last issue. It was just nasty.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: I was really trying to stay positive too, but considering the outcome here and that the creative team that follows includes Greg Land... I'm jumping ship. All I have left is Red.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thunderscream

@ashetdust: He's not writing, he's doing the interior art. I do not enjoy it to say the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f
deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Such a waste. Rosenberg isn't half bad, the roster isn't bad either, but Greg Land ... his "art" is anything but astonishing.

If only they would keep that guy off x-books.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xwasright: His art is better then the gen x books or the guy who drew mystery in mandipoor

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: The last issue wasn't bad the only thing I didn't like was the memory erasing thing and psylocke letting him do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His art is better then the gen x books or the guy who drew mystery in mandipoor

Small consolation, I'm afraid.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwasright: I mean his art has given some of the best comic covers ive ever seen. The thing that's wrong with his art is the repeat trace and his backgrounds suck alot

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im still creep out........a guy in his late 40's in a body of a guy in his 30's ......ick......i dont even want to think about if he find a girlfriend lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: The only girl for that man is E.V.A.

i wish E.V.A would look like how she did in "here comes tomorrow" .......does it really take her 100 yrs to look more human-like???

No Caption Provided

there was this from X-force.......but i like it better in shiny/metallic

No Caption Provided

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwasright: His art is better then the gen x books or the guy who drew mystery in mandipoor

Chris Bachalo!? Listen, back in Gen X his art was definitely so stylized that people and objects were often difficult to distinguish...BUT at least he had original style then and, well, the ability to draw. Nowadays I have a much higher appreciation for what he does as he's become a lot cleaner. Land literally cannot draw without tracing...and even then he doesn't quite grasp foreshortening or basic anatomy.

I had initially written off Mystery in Madripoor because Land did the covers, but the interior art by Thony Silas is actually quite lovely and Jim Zub is doing an excellent job of reintroducing Wolverine's past as Patch.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: I said his gen x books back in the 90s art was better I don't enjoy his art. I'm saying it is better then the genx book from a year ago. His style is too boxy and there is normally just too much on the page. I dont like the artist for mystery in mandipoor either edges are too sharp and harsh. I wish rb silva was doing it.