2 New series coming in January

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So as you all probably know...there are two new xmen series that have been announced from Marvel.

Gambit and Rogue will have their own ongoing.

Legion gets his own series.

Somewhat interesting direction here for the Xmen. Especially considering some of the other rumors.

Thoughts?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By ursaber

@hawk2916: Gambit and Rogue partners or getting back together and its building to their love scene. Legion I am very interested in. I hope he breaks reality and reaches out to TV Legion and we have two Legions. Maybe it was Comic Book Legion who captured TV Legion in that sphere at the end of the final episode.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ursaber: @hawk2916: I liked the previous Legion solo comic.

Hopefully it will be as good it not Better.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Invain

Gambit and Rogue had a great relationship arc that came between 1991 and 1997, but they haven't received any actual development as a couple during the last 20 years. Hopefully they'll become interesting again, but most likely they'll just continue to run around in circles.

Legion having his own series seems weird.

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately i don't think their going to last long as Iceman,Jean Grey and Cable are all very low in sales.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HAWK2916

@mrabductor: you're probably right on that.

Although to be honest Marvel kinda half-assed it when they put those series out at least in my opinion. I mean we are fine with a Jean Grey solo but it should have been the real adult Jean Grey not the garbage teenie jeenie.

I think the time travel trope is just old and tired and Cable is really just too confusing.

As far as Iceman goes.... I'll just say that this is proof that she's just complain and look to post stuff on social media rather than buying comics. This was pretty easy to predict. I think none of these went over 15,000 in August. Marvel just missed opportunities when it came to all these characters so really this makes me wonder about these upcoming series.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: jean grey always gets sold out at my comicbook store.........x-men blue doesnt ........yet x-men blue is in the top 10 CB sells of every month.......jean grey is in the top 20 each month :P :D

@pyrofn O.-

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue and Gambit series? Reminds me of the Adventures of Phoenix and Cyclops series has in concept. Does that make them the new Scott and Jean?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

if they let Legion be as weird and awesome as the show I might pick it up

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

@hopesummersforthefuture: yeah it's sold out at mine too but they only order like 20 copies.

Blue has a stack about 3-4 inches thick on the shelves.

But really for me garbage is garbage and sometimes the masses get pulled in by advertising and whatever else. Hell most events seem to sell quite a bit but very few have writing that's worthwhile or even sensible.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Rogue and Gambit series? Reminds me of the Adventures of Phoenix and Cyclops series has in concept. Does that make them the new Scott and Jean?

lol remember when rogue had her limited series then gambit was in it ........also when gambit had his own series rogue was in it......but its weird that rogue and gambit were together for soooooo long and never got married? or had kids? or left the x-men to live normal lives?

i liked rogue and gambit from the x-men cartoon......i cant see them with anyone else but each other......although i didnt mind the magneto/rogue thing(which went no where either)

like @ursaber says Marvel is against long-lasting relationships.........my theory is putting random hook-ups for shock value and then breaking it up lol ......btw any long lasting relationships in Avengers???? lol no hell isnt it time captain america gets married?????<<<<<<<wheres that comicbook???? it would totally sell big

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: the longest avengers relationship was Scarlet Witch and Vision. Even that ended better than numerous other hook ups.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hopesummersforthefuture: they did leave the xmen in the extreme xmen series to lead normal lives and got pulled back in later in the very same series

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adamTRMM

Lol it's like I said, nostalgia is all they can do. Or synergy, but Legion I will check out because I like the character, though with the level of their writing I will be ready for... you know.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: i just dont like marvel saying long term relationships are boring.

@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: the longest avengers relationship was Scarlet Witch and Vision. Even that ended better than numerous other hook ups.

meh i was more of a fan of Scarlet witch and wonder man(from the short lived avengers cartoon in the 90's lol)

now marvel puts spiderman with mockingbird of all people?(i like mockingbird and hawkeye).......and they dont put peter back with MJ. is marvel trying to turn peter into a ladies' man?

i wonder if beast is still with Brand(lady with green hair)??? also i dont see deadpool with his wife anymore, lol

Loading Video...

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PyroFN

@hawk2916: I don’t really see advertising for the X-Men, so I ain’t buying the advertising excuse like they do the X-books. There is definitely something in the current X-books that is resonating with newer fans. It resonate with me as well, but I see the problems they have which could go away over time or not.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

@pyrofn: I think what may be resonating is the fact that there's no made up death cloud floating around and neither is there some magical wish that keeps new mutants from showing up. The Xmen seem to be out of extinction of the species crisis mode.

Marvel currently uses their advertising department to just promote new events not to build up anticipation for current books. And they wonder why sales tank. They don't advertise the Xmen or for that anything that's not really an event. That's one problem among many with the knuckleheads at Marvel these days.

I'm not so sure that the writing is what we would call quality writing. Overall it seems lazy and uninspired. Like I said there are big problems with Marvel in general and maybe it's just a sign of the print comic book industry dying, but I think really the old school fans are what's keeping the X-books in print. They keep buying and suffering through the rough patches. I'm not trying to knock the new fans. It's just that I have a different approach to calling myself a fan. For instance, I'm getting into Bloodshot over at Valiant, so I went back and got all the trades and read everything up until now. There's a guide on this forum about what to read for the Xmen.A few years back I had gotten out of comics completely but when I wanted to jump back in, I went and read some things for the first time others I reread to get myself caught up. If I'm looking to be a fan of something then I'm going all in. Not really looking for jumping on points. While that may be a daunting task for some that's how I choose to do it, otherwise at least for me I think it's a little asinine for me to have an opinion or comment about the direction of a franchise if I'm really a newbie. I think that's where me and the newer fans are at a divide. So usually something that seems to be resonating with the new fans, I see it as either a problem with continuity, way off base and out of character, social justice warrior catering and coddling,lazy and overdone nostalgia, or overused tropes. Case in point pretty much everything about the O5

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Peter Milligan will write Legion.

Kelly Thompson seems to be the writer for Rogue and Gambit which is a 5 issue mini

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

With that said... JEAN'S BOOK SUCKS! I'm sorry-- I wanted to LOVE this book. But it's written so poorly. Iceman turned out better than expected. I still miss Storm and Magento's solos tho...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: That’s fine. At least you gave it a try. I disagree whole heartedly for the record though.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I agree with you but would say at this point the whole line just about sucks. In my opinion the whole Iceman thing is just pathetic and a complete disregard for continuity in favor of sjw fan service. The idea of the solo for Xmen is something I've never been a fan of anyway.

Teen Jeen and Blue are a perfect example of the hypocrisy of the modern day Xmen at its finest. I mean let's further try and crush Emma and prop teenie up on her shoulders while ignoring the fact that somehow it's perfectly ok to trapse around with Scarlet Witch and enjoy a monster bbq or low country boil or last supper or whatever the hell that was, but never mention the fact that she virtually destroyed an entire race. Yeah let's get mad at Emma for going to war with a race of slave owners and have her be crazy because of the death, off panel mind you, of one of the most iconic and important Xmen in history. Yeah that's Xmen Blue which again happens to feature the time traveling (that's new #rolleyes) Bendis-speak O5.

I was hoping something would change with the NYCC panels, but it looks like my vacation from reading xbooks will continue on. Getting my kicks from these forums is more economical anyway

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

Milligan writing Legion is interesting, though can be really bad when it comes to X-comics. But if he pulls a Terminal Hero again, that would be nice.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PyroFN

For those who missed the panel

https://www.newsarama.com/36783-nycc-17-marvel-legacy-x-men.html

They were really cryptic. Some straight answers:

•Cyclops WILL NOT be returning at this time.

•Jeen will meet the Phoenix Force in Legacy.

•Charles Xavier is confirmed to be coming back, but not every X-Man will make it out alive in Astonishing apparently.

•The O5 will still be around. (Inb4 boos and hisses)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@poisonfleur: I agree with you but would say at this point the whole line just about sucks. In my opinion the whole Iceman thing is just pathetic and a complete disregard for continuity in favor of sjw fan service. The idea of the solo for Xmen is something I've never been a fan of anyway.

Teen Jeen and Blue are a perfect example of the hypocrisy of the modern day Xmen at its finest. I mean let's further try and crush Emma and prop teenie up on her shoulders while ignoring the fact that somehow it's perfectly ok to trapse around with Scarlet Witch and enjoy a monster bbq or low country boil or last supper or whatever the hell that was, but never mention the fact that she virtually destroyed an entire race. Yeah let's get mad at Emma for going to war with a race of slave owners and have her be crazy because of the death, off panel mind you, of one of the most iconic and important Xmen in history. Yeah that's Xmen Blue which again happens to feature the time traveling (that's new #rolleyes) Bendis-speak O5.

I was hoping something would change with the NYCC panels, but it looks like my vacation from reading xbooks will continue on. Getting my kicks from these forums is more economical anyway

As a new reader for X-Men (but not new to the ideas and characters,) I like a few things about Blue and the O5. My one problem, is mostly with how Marvel time-hops with these characters, and I don't mean time-travel. They went from having a self-contained adventure about Jean and Jimmy just hanging out and meeting a few new mutants who knew Wolverine and the next issue they're wanted freedom fighters in New Tian and I swear it feels like I missed at least 2 issues and now we're back to those new mutants from earlier, but I still feel like I missed something.

Admittedly, I don't have much background and thus care for Emma who has (to my knowledge) played both sides of the fence, but with more Magneto in her than Prof. X.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

•The O5 will still be around. (Inb4 boos and hisses)

No Caption Provided

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

•Charles Xavier is confirmed to be coming back, but not every X-Man will make it out alive in Astonishing apparently.

They'll probably kill Old Man Logan.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for legion!!

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Rogue to be back in the X-Men.

I still need to watch the Legion show that everyone loves so much. I'll probably have to end up buying the first season to see it.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: AHHHH, I’m just the messenger!!!!!

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue and Gambit are two of my favourites. I hope that book gets a good creative team.

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrAbductor

@invain said:

They'll probably kill Old Man Logan.

That's what i'm thinking, but then again i think i recall ed brisson (guy doing OML and cable) talking about the future of OML saying how he's going to feel like a jilted stepfather being replaced by the real thing.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07/which-iconic-x-men-character-isnt-returning-for-marvel-legacy

it's the second paragraph i think

Also weapon h is getting a mini series

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Brisson also shed light on the future of Cable as he takes the reins of the series in Marvel Legacy. Brisson will be introducing a new version of the New Mutants that includes Blink, Longshot, Shatterstar, Armor, X-23 and even Doop. This new team will be tasked with tracking down a mysterious enemy who's killing Externals.

that line made me very happy

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol someone wanna tell me what the recent rumors are from the OP?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Kelly Thompson is writing the Gambit and Rogue series/mini.

I hope they do get rid of OML. Having all these different versions of the same character running around is silly.

A New mutants that includes Doop....no thank you. Not to mention that clusterfuk that's Longshot and Shatterstar.

I just think if they want to do something with convoluted characters like Cable it should just be an Exiles book and boot the time displaced characters over there and let Cable run it. I guess I just never really got into all the Multiverse-Omniverse-time travel- alternate reality stuff. I know Cable is actually from the main marvel universe, though that was not the original intention, but after all the time jump foolishness it's hard for to even deal with him. This is why I say don't mix it, put him and the others in an Exiles book since that is the premise of what the Exiles do and let it be. Then maybe it makes better sense