Wonder Woman's portrayal in Justice League (video contains spoilers)

• 188 results
Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First Half is spoiler free. Second Half contains spoilers.

I pretty much agree with her points here. I knew Joss did something (he had that horrible WW script and introduced the Hulk x Black Widow thing), Snyder isn't off the hook either.

What do you guys think of her portrayal in the movie? The choices they made for her? etc...

seleneheksss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By seleneheksss

I agree. Makes me so sad for Batgirl....

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Why are you sad? He's the reason Batgirl is even getting made. WB wouldn't have signed it on otherwise.

Though Joss is getting a lot of flack for WW/Amazons and his retweet dissing Steppenwolf. The DCEU is a blackhole.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Archizooom

The Snyderverse is a total creative fiasco, I have no plans to see Justice League and if Jenkins takes Wonder Woman on another journey to the past, smack dab in the middle of Earth-Snyder, I'm gonna be bummed

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Joss didn't write the movie, and he didn't change her role in the film. The film was about building a team, so no one individual would really stand out here, except probably superman (haven't seen it yet, but he's the big comeback from the dead character here). My point is, if she looked weak, it is because the people making the film, before Joss came to finish it off wrote her that way. She wasn't that strong in BvS, and only had that god mode thing in her own movie, which if these people didn't know about, they weren't going to rewrite anything to include that because it's not really that important.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: A period piece doesn't afford Jenkins the opportunity to evolve Wonder Woman beyond the sad state of affairs in which she finds herself at present, she's without a supporting cast, earth-bound, underpowered and an unsung hero that no one knows exists

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: that I agree with, not because of the hold god mode thing, I actually hated that. I have a pet peeve with the whole friendship-love power up thing. like why couldn't she just outthink or out skill her opponent? but besides that, I thought wonder woman was really really solid and by far and away the best of the dceu. and that's not only because (and again, haven't seen JL yet) batman and superman are dreary goth super brooders in dceu, but because she was just done well period. They got the character.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be honest Diana was nerfed here. She did well against Doomsday did well in her solo, then was nerfed I'm JL. She was shown as anything but a background character though they tried to Force that she was the glue it's didn't work. Not only that, but Diana did better against Doomsday a stronger threat, here with backup she was getting beaten good by a weaker villian wtf?? This movie does have some good action scenes but that's about it. Story/plot sucked and they rushed the background for the team. So it's a meh movie certainly worth watching but Nothing special. Not what he should have been.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU is just a mess right now, let Nolan direct the Batwomen/Batman movies, and find a new Director for the JL films.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: supposedly a lot of YouTube critics thought everyone had there "moment to shine". Jody's corner thought Diana was accurately portrayed. He even made a response video to the video above. To each to their own I guess.

Did you see the movie? If so thoughs?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They made Diana and the team look so weak and pointless. Why Nerf the team, when the plot was to make the team.. Garbage is this movie see it once never again. Other then Suicide squad it's the WORST DECU movie. At this point CW is better. Can't believe they nerfed Diana as much as they did

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: They dropped the ball on Diana and the team in this movie, they should call it Superman and his lackeys the way they portrayed it

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: lol yeah Agreed. I mean Diana's best feats were using her bracers to knock him back and using bracers shield combo to DESTROY a walkway. They had a chance here much like Thor vs hulk to have a good fight and they didn't. As you said they didn't learn

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: @agent41: LOL, well this will be a laughable movie to watch then. Not spending money on this, I'll wait till it's on 123freemovies.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: my issue wasn't god mode it was how she achieved it. it was a cheap win imo. ares was more powerful, ww is very powerful too, but also skilled and intelligent. imo it was lazy to just make her go super sayan and win the day instead of outplaying a physically superior opponent. I still really liked the ww movie though, this is just my issue with it. but to each their own.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I was more invested in Aquaman and Batman than Wonder Woman in JL. And seeing how Clark's resurrection would play out.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Archizooom

@agent41: I don't doubt Patty's ability to deliver a good movie, I just don't want Wonder Woman to be beholden to Snyder's vision

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@thordinson: Meh at you thinking you need to come to her forum, to tell us you don't care about her. We all know your attitude towards this character, so don't worry.

Oh gee, more antagonism over someone expressing an opinion.

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well its them overcompensating for how they treated Superman in BVS. That's the problem with DCEU films, they spend the next film cleaning up the previous ones mess and usually swing from one extreme to another.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: to be fair. While Doomsday is stronger she was doing well because of her skill snd his lack of it. Steppenwolf was quite skilled actually.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MasterSkywalker

@agent41: I don't even know the point you're trying to make here. As usual, with Wonder Woman you get inherently passive aggressive. And about her durability She does though. I don't know any powerhouse who is vulnerable to bullets and general piercing weaponry. Hell, even Colosssus is bullet proof...what's Diana's excuse.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By masterwitcher88

@destinyman75: to be fair. While Doomsday is stronger she was doing well because of her skill snd his lack of it. Steppenwolf was quite skilled actually.

Yet Kal who has no fighting skill manhandles Steppenwolf, tosses him around like a piece of CGI meat(He literally couldn't do that to Dumbsday). entropy-aegis said it best, DC overcompensated for how they treated Sups in BVS, and in turn weakened the team so he could shine at the final act.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MasterSkywalker

@agent41: So you admit you're passive aggressive to people who don't share your views? I think that's some decent progress. Also you're deluding yourself if you can read anything from me. You aren't a psychologist LMAO. That's the best one I've heard today. Also no, I don't know a single brick who is weak to billets, arrows, genrally piercing weaponry. Even various mid tiers can tank those. And blunt damage and energy aren't the same thing. On the totem pole Diana is just pitiful with that weakness and her general showings against more established powerhouses (or actual powerhouses). Those feats exist and you cannot deny them :)

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@thordinson: You are not an authority on Diana's overall durability, "objective" user. Diana has cointless of feats taking hits from hevy hitters and dnergy attacks. So her overall durability is not bad. Sadly for you,

And you're the authority huh? Hmm. Well, nobody is objective to begin with so this is a pot calling the kettle back moment if you were insinuating you are one. She has countless feats of nearly dying or being harmed by various heavy hitters. Outside of some minor edge in speed and some magic gear she's just a low high tier brick. Oh wait youre right I'm forgetting those amazing durability feats.

No Caption Provided

This is very impressive ????

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

^She did get shot yeah, but she seemed not to be affected that much by it in the next issue.

Well it is supposed to be a team movie, not a WW movie. Plus she had an entire movie dedicated to her. Power-wise, I will agree that she didn't seem that strong here but it's not like she was one-shotted or anything.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird how it derailed the thread again. Over an opinion no less...

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: You seem to contradict yourself here among the poor grammar. Piercing damage is not the same as blunt damage and energy based damage. Its a very simple concept. And in every single one of those she didn't tank a single thing. She was having problems with those opponents especially Zoom who was toying with her and which is apart of his character.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: That series is written and drawn by a guy who just came off a major Wonder Woman run.

Its clearly a Wonder Woman spinoff book from what I can see.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: You seem to contradict yourself here among the poor grammar. Piercing damage is not the same as blunt damage and energy based damage. Its a very simple concept. And in every single one of those she didn't tank a single thing. She was having problems with those opponents especially Zoom who was toying with her and which is apart of his character.

You mean the fight where a BLIND WW took like 4 infinite mass punches from Zoom then afterwards caught him in her lasso WHILE BLIND. That one?

Come on dude, at this point your not trolling your just being a dick.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chimeroid

@masterwitcher88: :

that also makes sense because kal is also stronger and faster than steppenwolf. look. A man with a spear has been known to kill a bear (ww vs doomsday) however Steppenwolf's armor was not damaged by her sword and he protected his face against her . Supes pummeled his face.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Exactly how I saw it too. I was hoping for some better stuff from Diana.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I disagree with what you said that everyone had to be fodders for Clark to shine. Yes he was obviously going to win but they messed it up. They had a chance to duplicate an awesome fight between the top two members of the team, duplicate Thor Hulk fight make it grand but it was a huge mismatch which made the team look useless especially Diana. He could have won without a Stomp and still shined like gold