Wonder Woman: The True Amazon Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This story was a great and creative new origin story for Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman was crafted from the sands of the beach and brought to life by the tears of the gods who had compassion for Hippolyta's constant pleadings for a child. At the same time as her birth, the tears of the gods are what gave Diana her powers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Diana's arrogance is what accounts for her warrior traits in this new take; so, she goes off and has easy victories wherever she could find a fight; but, one day, Diana encounters a humble stable girl who doesn't seem impressed with her; one day, during one of Diana's pranks, during an alternate contest, this humble stable girl pays the ultimate price for Diana and the Amazons; Hippolyta has no choice but to punish Diana for the many casualties.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And, so, Diana was exiled into Man's World, as Wonder Woman, never to return until she has atoned for her arrogance.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This new origin should satisfy all parties, both old, new, and ostracized Wonder Woman fans alike.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By SaintWildcard

A chain of events led me to remember this was a thing. And then wanted to know what people thought of it so I came here. Not a lot of buzz apparently. So many origins in the span of one year. I plan on reading this, Earth One and Legend. Wonder which one I'll prefer the most

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I like the art but I don't know about this take on Wonder Woman.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Diana is basically Princess Morbucks in Wonder Woman: the True Amazon, she's spoiled and brattish but her mischievousness is actually rather cute…until the chariot race, the story takes a dark turn, things escalate quickly and her shenanigans result in the death of several Amazons including Alathea, to whom she bid farewell with a kiss in the mouth. As a consequence, Diana is banished from Paradise Island but the Amazons were calling for death penalty! the ending felt somewhat unresolved, it needed an epilogue…overall it's not bad but it reads like a children's book

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Eh, I'm not a fan of it. I just don't see the big deal with her having *gasp* a mother and a father. Superman and Batman are cited as male power fantasies, but even they had mothers. See no reason why her New 52 origin doesn't work for people.