Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
@comicfan_60 said:

I really liked the ending of this arc. The Ares fight was lackluster but I don't think its over. In fact I think its far from that. The only part that I didn't like was Etta saying Diana is putting up a front. I don't think Diana ever puts up a front. She is who she is all the time. I also like that they mentioned Athena. About time they brought her back. And I see some pretty interesting dynamics between Diana and Aphrodite. I'm actually pretty excited about next arc.

I think so too. I still wish this was a Perez version of Ares but overall I love the character dynamics. GWW has interactions on point. The down side is the action. Its been like this for a while now so I cannot blame GWW. Moments that should show Diana as insanely powerful only show her as mid-tier. A fight with Ares should be treated as a Fight with Thanos, except Diana is powerful enough to survive and has the equipment to potentially win.

I hope we see more Gods in terms of character interactions, but I fear for their showings of power.

I so wish Xermanico was the main artist for the series. The art today was awesome.

Nord won't be on art for a while, so we still have a few more issues without him. Luppachino on 63 and Merino will be drawing Diana till 66.

Also, She is flying in both the issues today.

Thank the Gods.

Justice League Dark, even though it was a side story, it was still pretty solid.

Yea, JLD is still great as usual. This are just building up till the final battle, like ATLA. Next issue its introducing the Lords of Order! and the cover looks so cool!

I read somebody saying blame didio for the underwhelming fight with Ares. Does this mean that this man is truly trying to make WW and her verse weak? Does this mean we will never see our powerhouse return?

Where and can you post it?

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LOL!! 69!!

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anyone knows how big is Themyscira in the Pre-Flashpoint/Post-Crisis continuity?

Nobody?

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing said:

Anyone knows how big is Themyscira in the Pre-Flashpoint/Post-Crisis continuity?

Nobody?

I believe the size of Greenland based on some scans and guessamation, but don't quote me.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1361  Edited By TheKinfing

@masterwitcher88: Do you have a source or atleast something that i can verify it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing said:
@thekinfing said:

Nobody?

I believe the size of Greenland based on some scans and guessamation, but don't quote me.

Really I thought it was more like the size of a small country. It was shown with Earth in the background during our worlds at war story before it was destroyed. It looked like the size of a small country.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Sure, but if you are looking for proper size it's probably not a good source.

Wonder Woman Issue 173.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: Works for me, though i’m gonna search for some older sources, perhaps they have something more conclusive.

Thanks alot :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

Wonder Woman issue 63 *preview*

And interview with GWW.

https://screenrant.com/dc-comic-wonder-woman-preview-g-willow-wilson/

"And I thought it would be interesting to introduce more of those street-level elements" She keeps talking about how good it is to see WW in street level adventures basically. And suggesting that WW's background of divi ity, magic etc should try a more "relatable" approach. I doubt this woman will give us an epic-powerful type of WW adventure.

Its a shame because she's a great writer and I love reading her Diana. But, Diana just feels so weak and depowered. I just hope the next issue with the Giants (maybe Atlas) goes big or goes home. Atlas in myth was the Titan who lead the Titan army against the Olympians. When the Titans lost, his punishment was to hold the infinite weight of the Heavens/Olympus and the sky above his shoulders for his immortal life. It would be scaling all over again with him, but if Diana just caught his fist or lifted him, we'd have a serious strength feat.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

Wonder Woman issue 63 *preview*

And interview with GWW.

https://screenrant.com/dc-comic-wonder-woman-preview-g-willow-wilson/

"And I thought it would be interesting to introduce more of those street-level elements" She keeps talking about how good it is to see WW in street level adventures basically. And suggesting that WW's background of divi ity, magic etc should try a more "relatable" approach. I doubt this woman will give us an epic-powerful type of WW adventure.

Its a shame because she's a great writer and I love reading her Diana. But, Diana just feels so weak and depowered. I just hope the next issue with the Giants (maybe Atlas) goes big or goes home. Atlas in myth was the Titan who lead the Titan army against the Olympians. When the Titans lost, his punishment was to hold the infinite weight of the Heavens/Olympus and the sky above his shoulders for his immortal life. It would be scaling all over again with him, but if Diana just caught his fist or lifted him, we'd have a serious strength feat.

But didn't gww say she likes the street level approach? How do you interpret her words? Isn't she basically saying that she wants her to be weaker for her story to work, or am i being paranoid?

She means street-level as in down to earth stories. Like instead of the end of the universe type deal its more what's going on with Diana personally. The small things, like when Rucka had his side characters in his 1.0 story or Perez with Julia and Vanessa. WW wasn't weak power wise in those stories but they were smaller in scale. In the background the Gods were planning things true, but Diana story was closer to home. That's what she means.

GWW first run, story wise was great IMO, but as you said Diana and as a result Ares were weak and depowered. Perfect opportunities to show off Diana's power were lost and instead we got her with a sword and shield again. All of that could be avoided if GWW just added a few inner thoughts for Diana pointing out how powerful the fight was. like if every punch Diana threw the whole planet would shake or how Ares and Diana would deliver millions of strikes in mere seconds. It would at least take away the pain of seeing Ares be reduced to a Marvel copy of a True God with no reality warping. This is a battle between Gods for Gods sake. SHOW IT!!

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, in justice league I learned that Wonder Woman, A freaking Goddess, needs oxygen to breath in space. And that the only thing she is good for in the Justice League is doing nothing even when a fight was going on.

In her own title she helped some creatures. We saw Ferdinand again. Oh yes, and the GODDESS OF DIVINE RETRUBUTION AND VENGENCE can be chained in a basement. I'm sure (hope) that there is some explanation with the chains next issue. It seems oddly familiar with how Thanatos got chained and locked away in myth. And no one could die.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

So, in justice league I learned that Wonder Woman, A freaking Goddess, needs oxygen to breath in space. And that the only thing she is good for in the Justice League is doing nothing even when a fight was going on.

In her own title she helped some creatures. We saw Ferdinand again. Oh yes, and the GODDESS OF DIVINE RETRUBUTION AND VENGENCE can be chained in a basement. I'm sure (hope) that there is some explanation with the chains next issue. It seems oddly familiar with how Thanatos got chained and locked away in myth. And no one could die.

The whole can't breathe in space thing is not the biggest issue. She used to be able to hold her breath for a very long period of time. And once again why didn't she do anything on the battlefield? That is the most annoying part. It's been ages since she did anything, why is she on the jl if she doesn't do anything?

I couldn't tell you. She does nothing and shows up just to say a few words. She could have used her lasso to pull one of those planet sized Omega Titans into the source wall. Maybe the one that the Thanagarian's were bringing, but nope. She just sat in the jet and looked pretty.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

The whole can't breathe in space thing is not the biggest issue. She used to be able to hold her breath for a very long period of time. And once again why didn't she do anything on the battlefield? That is the most annoying part. It's been ages since she did anything, why is she on the jl if she doesn't do anything?

I couldn't tell you. She does nothing and shows up just to say a few words. She could have used her lasso to pull one of those planet sized Omega Titans into the source wall. Maybe the one that the Thanagarian's were bringing, but nope. She just sat in the jet and looked pretty.

We don't see her fling either. Or did i miss a scan where she flies?

She can fly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of today's Wonder Woman issue. The art even though it was Merino was mediocre. Looks like he was on a tight deadline for this one. The writing and the plot was pretty average as well. Hope the arc picks up in the next issue.

Justice league Dark on the other hand continues to be freaking awesome!

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of today's Wonder Woman issue. The art even though it was Merino was mediocre. Looks like he was on a tight deadline for this one. The writing and the plot was pretty average as well. Hope the arc picks up in the next issue.

Justice league Dark on the other hand continues to be freaking awesome!

Yea, next issue should actually give us a WW vs Nemesis battle. This is the same Nemesis that could solo the entire JL from Post-Crisis. Apparently the Gods remember the timeline change and Diana doesn't, which makes sense, hopefully she'll get her memories back and my thinking that Post-Crisis, Nu52, and Rebirth WW are all the same. There is no way Themyscira, Olympus, and the Divine Realm are all gone. Me thinks it involves Dr, Manhattan and I'd hate that. The Olympians are already weak, don't need another being supposedly more powerful then them to be the one that caused their downfall, literally.

JLD is Perfect. The build up is great, the characters are all written great, the art is great, I don't think you could ask for a better book right now.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-unveils-year-villain-special-25-cent-issue-1186135

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"This May, DC will bring on the bad guys in a special comic book preview of what lies ahead over the next 12 months, as it unveils DC’s Year of the Villain.

Featuring new material by Brian Michael Bendis, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Alex Maleev, Jim Cheung and Francis Manapul, the 25-cent issue will include short stories tying in with continuing and upcoming stories in the Justice League and Superman titles, as well as continuing the storyline of Batman Who Laughs in preparation for a new, as-yet-unrevealed series to be launched this summer.

Additionally, the issue will preview a future storyline in the ongoing Batman comic book, offering clues about the upcoming “City of Bane” showdown between the Dark Knight and a number of his many super-foes.

The 32-page DC’s Year of the Villain will be released May 1, ahead of that weekend’s Free Comic Book Day celebrations in participating comic book stores. The main cover for the issue comes from Dark Nights: Metal artist Greg Capullo, with variant covers available by Maleev, Cheung and Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, each spotlighting a different DC bad guy. (Lex Luthor, the Batman Who Laughs, and Cheetah, respectively.) You can see all four covers below."

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The not-so-good news is the Snyder/Tynion dynamic duo are penning this. If nothing else, Cheetah gets an awesome Artgerm variant cover out of this

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: If, and that’s a big if, there’s any action to begin with, Snyder/Tynion are sort of the kings of info-dumping. Justice League Dark is pretty nice though

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: If Justice League is anything to go by, I’m sure it’s gonna be great

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you guys think of Young Justice's Wonder Girl? (comic not show)

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

Wonder Politician continues her adventures. I am super happy. @geraldofvengerberg

I actually don't know what's wrong with this preview.

Cale is doing one of the many things I can she her actually do to knock Diana down a peg. Even if Diana wasn't using a sword and shield this would still happen. Her emotions are perfect, considering the circumstances. People she genuinely cares about are possible gone forever and one of the 12 Gods who could counter what Cale has said is suffering an identity crisis/memory loss. Yea, there is little action and lackluster feats but that's been the main problem for a long time.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The not-so-good news is the Snyder/Tynion dynamic duo are penning this. If nothing else, Cheetah gets an awesome Artgerm variant cover out of this

Tynion is good, Snyder bad. So 50/50, the problem is just that Snyder has usually way more influence.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pleasantly surprised by today's issue. I really liked it. I'm glad how the veronica cale and Nemesis situation actually turned out.

Also, I really appreciate the fact that GWW is letting Diana fly left and right. She is flying in half the issue today.

And for some reason, I'm really liking the dynamics between Aphrodite and Diana and the fact that she is tagging along with Diana on her adventures.

I think this arc might turn out pretty good.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL was fine. Not good but, not great.

Diana was finally in Doomsday Clock, issue 9 of 12. Her portrayal was good trying to dissolve a conflict before it got even worse. The ending was pretty cool. I doubt she's going to do much, except lose next issue but whatever.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

JL was fine. Not good but, not great.

Diana was finally in Doomsday Clock, issue 9 of 12. Her portrayal was good trying to dissolve a conflict before it got even worse. The ending was pretty cool. I doubt she's going to do much, except lose next issue but whatever.

She is fighting next issue?

Probably.