Wonder woman is boring ?

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 90mv

What are your thoughts on people that say this, is it just ignorance ?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Or it could be you know, something called an opinion based on personal taste?

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or it could be you know, something called an opinion based on personal taste?

gasp

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not boring, but her book is. The Wonder Woman in Superman/Wonder Woman #1 is effing AMAZING!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wonder Woman the character is NOT boring. But depending on the writer, the STORY could be.

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love her solo title, it's one of my favorite reads, though that's mostly because I dig the whole greek gods, and mythology. I do think not a lot read her books, and originally even I thought she was a boring character, just from past knowledge from past media. Just gotta give her a chance, luckily most of the people I've made read her comics have been hooked on her, so slowly opinion of her is getting changed...a few people at a time.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love her solo title, it's one of my favorite reads, though that's mostly because I dig the whole greek gods, and mythology. I do think not a lot read her books, and originally even I thought she was a boring character, just from past knowledge from past media. Just gotta give her a chance, luckily most of the people I've made read her comics have been hooked on her, so slowly opinion of her is getting changed...a few people at a time.

We long term Wonder Woman fans have been getting mythology backwards, forwards and sideways for years now. It's fun to see her being a superhero again. What we haven't been getting in her own title is much characterization. We learn about First Born, Ares, Apollo, Zeus, Hermes, Poseidon, Hades...Hera, Zola, Lennox, Orion, Hephaestus, Dionysus, Eros, Siracca, Milan, Demeter, Eris, Cassandra, Strife and Zeke, but there's not enough Diana. I miss her. It's funny how so far she fares better with Superman and his mythos than she does with her own.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jphulk26

She's not boring, but her book is. The Wonder Woman in Superman/Wonder Woman #1 is effing AMAZING!

I´ll buy it, I have to support WW somehow since I dropped Azzerrelo like a bad habit. But I wish they would just be like justice league and not refer to Azzerrelo´s stuff. The less I hear about her Zeus origin and Ares training her the better. Honestly. But they did a good job for the first one. I´ll wait and see where they go from here.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gokuwarrior

everybody has different tastes,but many people that say she is boring or don't have a personality have only seen super friends,or JL on TV,or go by what they see in some jl comics when her best development as a character is in her own title,like happens with every other character.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I agree with this.

Also ive found that alot of male readers have trouble identifying with female leads, might be a factor.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Women is so boring, all she does is fight, and protect, give goody-two shoes speeches, and try to set a good example, and a few other things! What a bore!

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan of hers but I do know that her fan base is huge.

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaraZorL

She very boring character.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

KillerFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazorl said:

I totally agree with you.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all are like the people that don't watch Scandal, unenlightened, uninformed and suffering from very bad taste.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No,No,and No

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oceanmaster21

wonder rocks shes my favorite female charchater she the heart of my DC LOVE

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Superwondy

@karazorl said:

Exactly.She is the most boring character DC.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerfrost said:

@karazorl said:

@drgnx said:

Wonder Women is so boring, all she does is fight, and protect, give goody-two shoes speeches, and try to set a good example, and a few other things! What a bore!

@killerfrost said:

@karazorl said:

ignoring. killerfrost is probably the stupidest character ever created by the way.

GuardianHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerfrost said:

@karazorl said:

I agree with you.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Everyone has their own opinion on this matter and stupid to insult someone if a person's opinion is not the same as yours.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Everyone has their own opinion on this matter and stupid to insult someone if a person's opinion is not the same as yours.

How did I insult anyone. I said Killer Frost THE CHARACTER is stupid????

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

@superwondy said:

How did I insult anyone. I said Killer Frost THE CHARACTER is stupid????

Then you should write a nickname with big letters and words separately.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love Wonder Woman but absolutely hate reading her own books. I can't explain it but I agree she is boring when it is just her, but you add her JL or other books and she is well done, can't explain it.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Wonder Woman but absolutely hate reading her own books. I can't explain it but I agree she is boring when it is just her, but you add her JL or other books and she is well done, can't explain it.

and i think she is very interesting on her when she is well written,you probably don't even read her best runs,what you should do is stay out of this forum if you find her so boring.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gokuwarrior

@guardianhuman said:

@superwondy said:

@killerfrost said:

@karazorl said:

I agree with you.

so many lois lane fanboys come here to troll wonder woman,it's not our fault that they dumped that egocentric bitch that only knows how to get in trouble to be saved,i would love for wonder woman to be with somebody else and let superman keep his bitch with him,so don't blame us for the fact that DC dumped lane.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayso4201: Thanks for being respectful and actually explaining why you find her boring so that WW fans can actually reply. I think you should try some of her better runs honestly. I mean it depends on your taste, but some of her better runs show her to be really badass. The problem is she´s had so many terrible ones.

Also, I keep doing it, I keep falling for the bate, and being childish so I should say Killer Frost is not one of my greatest villains but I actually don´t find her boring, I was just pissed at the comments made without explaination. When you insult someone favorite character wrong or not they may take it personally.

By the way to everyone calling her boring, I´ll allow it because hell that is the title of the original OP, so it´s kind of inviting it, but I must reiterate, again, I never go on the forum of a character I hate and just say they´re crap of boring. But anyway that is the title so I can´t say you´re trolling, but just think about that a second.

I also think we DC fans should stick together more. Hell I don´t like Aquaman or Green Lantern, but I would always support them getting animated series or a film, so that maybe I can get why everyone else likes them. I wouldn´t say I could do without an Aquaman or Green Lantern film. Also when Green Lantern came out I went and supported in the cinemas. Can´t we just be a bit more supportive of eachother rather than just trying to piss eachother off.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardianhuman: @superwondy: @beautifultemptress: @karazorl so many lois lane fanboys come here to troll wonder woman,it's not our fault that they dumped that egocentric bitch that only knows how to get in trouble to be saved,i would love for wonder woman to be with somebody else and let superman keep his bitch with him,so don't blame us for the fact that DC dumped lane,and then some power girl/super girl fanboys pissed off here too,guess it hurts them the fact they are b-list next to wonder woman,stay mad.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jphulk26:just look at the people you are dealing with,they are pissed off lane and power girl/super girl fans pissed off because the amazon princess takes the spotlight away from their favorite,let them stay mad.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By whygamespot

@gokuwarrior: ah, I was just wondering why they bother to reply if they think WW is boring. Unlike indifference, dislike/hatred is another thing. As far as I am concerned, I can't hate WW if I haven't read the real her, and now that I've read about her, I have no reason to dislike her. In fact I have no reason not to love her.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Jayso4201

@jphulk26:

After posting this I actually looked through the forums to see what other runs were suggested. If you have any suggestions on WW, please let me know, I'm always up for a good read.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: ah, I was just wondering why they bother to reply if they think WW is boring. Unlike indifference, dislike/hatred is another thing. As far as I am concerned, I can't hate WW if I haven't read the real her, and now that I've read about her, I have no reason to dislike her. In fact I have no reason not to love her.

it's not a coincidence that all of them are talking about lane and power girl/super girl in other forums,they are mad because wonder woman is still the most successful female character in comics of all time and is taking the spotlight away from their favorite.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jphulk26

@jayso4201 said:

@jphulk26:

After posting this I actually looked through the forums to see what other runs were suggested. If you have any suggestions on WW, please let me know, I'm always up for a good read.

As I said its all down to taste, but me personally not only do I love the character but also the very concept of the character. So I hope you enjoy what I suggest.

I´d say to ease into the idea of Wonder Woman read:

Eyes Of The Gorgan (I really love this story it kind of cystalizes what I feel the character should be)

Also and this is really a matter of taste but I love this story by Greg Rucka. Read Down To Earth. Very beautiful.

Alex Ross did a wonderful no pun intended book called Wonder Woman Spirit of truth.

Simone did a really nice run, but her problem is being a bit anticlimactic at times. I really like The Circle and War Killer by Gail Simone which gave us Alkyone whose a really cool villain.

Animated film if you haven´t seen it is great, but a bit heavy handed bash you over the head with feminism which is my only real criticism of the film. It has a point sometimes but still at times in the film wonder woman comes across a bit less kind, open minded and understanding as I would like.

I also like Perez origin story of Wonder Woman.

Oh and Wondy fans:

At the risk of sounding like a hippy, lets try and follow the example of WW. Rise above the provocations. I´m fed-up of this forum being a war zone. We are DC fans, and, we should stick up for DC characters, including Lois Lane who is one of my favorite supporting characters of all time. No need to diss her. WW would seek understanding even in the face of ridicule. I know you´re protective, I understand so am I, but this has been a 2 year slagging match, we need to calm down.

By the way I hate that Wondy isn´t with Steve and Supes isn´t with Lois. It pisses me off because to start with WW and Superman aren´t an interesting couple, plus this new character they claim to be "wonder woman" is even makes the pairing even less interesting. Its superman dating a less i Xena Warrior Princess The Mob Boss Years. Totally out of control, talking about snuffing out her enemies. That is not WW. So I wouldn´t even be that bothered. Steve will find his way back to the real Diana and Lois to Superman, because we all know they were meant to be together. ;)

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KaraZorL

@gokuwarrior said:

@guardianhuman: @superwondy: @beautifultemptress: @karazorl so many lois lane fanboys come here to troll wonder woman,it's not our fault that they dumped that egocentric bitch that only knows how to get in trouble to be saved,i would love for wonder woman to be with somebody else and let superman keep his bitch with him,so don't blame us for the fact that DC dumped lane,and then some power girl/super girl fanboys pissed off here too,guess it hurts them the fact they are b-list next to wonder woman,stay mad.

I really think, what Diana boring character and Lois are not the reason for this opinion.I like Lois, but I'm not a big fan of her.My most favorite character Power Girl , not Lois Lane.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazorl said:

@gokuwarrior said:

I really think, what Diana boring character and Lois are not the reason for this opinion.I like Lois, but I'm not a big fan of her.My most favorite character Power Girl , not Lois Lane.

and she is boring for you because?,let's see if you can give me a good reason,she has much more development and a more defined personality than power girl,so let's hear the reasons why you find her boring.

GuardianHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Причем тут Лоис? I am not a fan of her.I and before reboot считал Wonder Woman the most uninteresting character.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jphulk26

@gokuwarrior: Причем тут Лоис? I am not a fan of her.I and before reboot считал Wonder Woman the most uninteresting character.

What?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that is your oppinion,let's see why do you find her boring?,try to explain .

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

"How dare people have an opinion I disagree with!"- The internet

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gokuwarrior

no,how dare people to call a character boring without an explanation,without reasons,none of them gave any reason why.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@peppeyhare said:

no,how dare people to call a character boring without an explanation,without reasons,none of them gave any reason why.

Who cares? People don't have to like a character

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@peppeyhare said:

Who cares? People don't have to like a character

if they come here to say she is the most uninterestin character for no reason,that feels like trolling more than giving an oppinion,you must have a reason why you find something boring.

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: As correctly noticed Superwondy that everyone has their own opinion on this matter.And let only God will know the reason.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazorl said:

@gokuwarrior: As correctly noticed Superwondy that everyone has their own opinion on this matter.And let only God will know the reason.

that will only confirm what i think,you don't have a real reason to say she is boring,probably because you haven't even read enough about her.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Boring is a really easy way to discredit something without giving any evidence. Nothing wrong with not liking Wonder Woman, but she is certainly anything but boring. I will admit, although Azzarello's current Wonder Woman book is amazing, Diana herself has taken a backseat to much of what is going on around her. That really doesn't help to convince people that she is an interesting character.