Wonder Woman immortal

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UsagiTsukino

How is wonder woman ageless in young justice but not in others? Should she not be allow to age?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By krspaceT

@UsagiTsukino: The Amazons have a certain extent of immortality or long life. They can be killed by spear but not by time. They can loose this, but it really depends on the world and has never been explained in detail

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krspacet said:

@UsagiTsukino: The Amazons have a certain extent of immortality or long life. They can be killed by spear but not by time. They can loose this, but it really depends on the world and has never been explained in detail

yeah just like Thor and other Gods.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

shes immortal in that she doesnt age but she can be killed

some versions say that she looses this if she steps off paradise island, some say she is immortal by nature of being amazon, and other stories say she's immortal by nature of her birth while amazons are normal women

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some versions say that she looses this if she steps off paradise island, some say she is immortal by nature of being amazon, and other stories say she's immortal by nature of her birth while amazons are normal women

I think there was one comic in which WW was seen with grey hair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She just ages very slowly

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

like Thor.although they call themselfs immortal.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
@jayc1324 said:

Strange thing is I actually seen her claimed many times that she is immortal but writing can be contradicting

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazons are age-less not immortal , they can be killed by anything, but Wonder woman with all of her powers and abilities allows her to take more damage than the others

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GoodBoy6

@somayareece said:
@goodboy6 said:
@jayc1324 said:

Strange thing is I actually seen her claimed many times that she is immortal but writing can be contradicting

yeah its the same thing in Marvel.Norse Gods are calling themself(and othere beings also are calling them) immortal,while they are consuming Golden Apples to sustain them which means that they are not immortal.I dont know if they use it anymore since Odin lived for millions of years and Angela also have some millions on her and she looks young like in her twenties without the apples.it depends on a writer.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
@jayc1324 said:

They need to eat the golden apples to remain immortal, so to speak.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dragon54321

@lordraiden: which is funny.I guess they are immortal outside of Asgard since Angela didn't ate any apple and she is a lot older than Thor.heck,Thor is part Elder God so he should be immortal and yet he was seen eating some apples.typical Marvel plot hole.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: which is funny.I guess they are immortal outside of Asgard since Angela didn't ate any apple and she is a lot older than Thor.heck,Thor is part Elder God so he should be immortal and yet he was seen eating some apples.typical Marvel plot hole.

There was a lot of retconning there with Angela and I can't even remember if Gaea being Thor's mum was a retcon either? or always the case? I guess the golden apples were the least of their concerns when marvel decided to make Angela asgardian lol

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dragon54321

@lordraiden: there wasn't really much of a retcon except that she was the firstborn child of Odin.Thor is still the son of Gaea.

I was always under impression that they use apples only when they are in Asgard.I mean,Thor spends most of his time on Earth.there was one comic where Thor and Hercules were arm wrestling.they said that they are immortal and that this arm wrestling could last for decades,centuries.besides,apples sound too Greekish to me.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh and Wonder Woman is immortal when she is a God of War.I don't know if she is immortal when she is not.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is immortal. Thor is not. He's a fake god. Deal with it.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dragon54321

@grandwonder: lol.Thor is a God although I assume that you are trolling.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
@willienotwilliam said:

I think there was one comic in which WW was seen with grey hair.

That's the Wonder Woman of preCrisis Earth 2, she lost her immortality when she left Paradise Island but she still aged very slowly.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paradise island had fountain of youth if you drink from it you dont age or age at a very less rate. but that maybe from pre crisis.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is/was immortal when she was on Paradise Island.every Amazon was.they changed her origin(which is stupid imo).she is now a demigod,daughter of a God and Hippolyta(who was granted immortality).this doesn't necessarily mean that she is immortal.she was immortal when she became Goddess of War.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GrandWonder

@dragon54321:

You know what's sincerely annoying? You claiming that I'm trolling but I can read between the lines.You're obviously aThor fan with some hidden agenda so again let me give you the facts: Thor is extremely long-lived. Thor is MORTAL. Now, I suggest you back out from your stance because your word means nothing when you're going against decades of Marvel canon and history. Now, Thor may be a god not the God (why use capital "G"?Atheist?), but in DC that would just be a normal brick.

Now let me give you another set of facts

1. Pre-Crisis - Amazons are immortal as long as they do not forsake it for the sake of love which leads to marriage and/or if they leave Paradise Island.

2. Post-Crisis - Amazons are given the gift of immortality as long as they don't leave Paradise Island. In Wonder Woman's case, after her death from Neron, she was granted a new bulletproof goddess of truth body. She's immortal even if she leave Themyscira.

2. New 52 - Amazons are immortals but they have to replenish their ranks by mating since they can still be killed.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dragon54321

@grandwonder: you mean Marvel's decades of inconsistencies.why are you attacking me???Thor a mortal,lol.I assumed that you were trolling since your comment made no sense.if I offended you then I'm sorry.Marvel is very inconsistent with Thor and his Pantheon.I read to many of his comics.Atheist,lol.

no I'm definitely not a Thor fan or have any hidden agenda.heck,I like Wonder Woman more than Thor.

again,if I offended you then I'm truly sorry.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By dernman

I prefer it that WW lost her immortality like the rest of the Amazons when they leave the island.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dernman

@tedirey: Definitely yes. She like the Amazons should only be immortal because of the island when you leave it has to be so important that you have to sacrifice your immortality. Without going into full detail it takes away from the character to be immortal. It also takes away from legacies taking up the mantle n future stories n the sense they'll always be second best with Diana around.

Lets stop comparing her to Thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Thor's immortality has nothing to do with this thread so I don't know why he's being discussed. And in some versions Wonder Woman's immortality can be stripped away when she leaves the island so it depends.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Bruce and her had a crush, her immortality was a big concern for her back then since she didn't want to see him age while she didn't.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dernman

@tedirey said:

@dernman:

Wonder Woman is about beauty so definitely she should be ageless anywhere. That's one of her traits.

Wonder Woman was given the gift of beauty which is different that being about beauty. Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder there is no reason she can't age let alone the separate issue of being immortal.

Thor is often said to be immortal when he's not. That's why he needs golden apples. We need to bring out that FACT.

All of this is irrelevant to Wonder Woman. FACT.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dernman

@tedirey said:

@dernman:

Read the early posts

Thor fans say he is immortal. It's our duty to correct them.

Read my posts. Read the OP.

Anything having to do with Thor is irrelevant to Wonder Woman.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lol at the salt.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@dernman:

You sound like a broken record. It may be irrelevant but Thor is not immortal. He will die of old age. Period.

Diana is ageless. She should stay that way.

That is factual. In CM Punks last Thor story he wrote about the far future and Thors grandchildren and how Thor was getting prepared to die of old age.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dernman

@tedirey said:

@dernman:

You sound like a broken record. It may be irrelevant but Thor is not immortal. He will die of old age. Period.

I don't care. It doesn't matter. This is about WW not Thor. Period

Only reason you bring up Thor is because your only argument for WW failed.

No. She hasn't always been that way and no she should not stay that way.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dernman

@yarva said:
@tedirey said:

@dernman:

That is factual. In CM Punks last Thor story he wrote about the far future and Thors grandchildren and how Thor was getting prepared to die of old age.

It's pathetic how people keep bringing up Thor up in a Diana discussion. Its says they don't think Diana is good enough to hold and be her own thing.

Salty fans trying to go after another character because they're insecure others think differently about WW then they do.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Defenders was a great show.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dernman

@tedirey said:

@dernman:

Thor is not immortal.

And Diana should stay ageless, Thorfan.

Don't matter. Don't care.

You still have no argument

No she shouldn't, blinded salty fan

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman@tedirey

Diana's immortality is rather ill defined. People say it should mean she can't age but that clearly isn't the case as she went from a baby to an adult. I'd say her immortality is that she does age but does so slowly and can be killed but not as easily as normal humans.

So if that's the type of "immortality" I don't think the legacy stories will be an issue. Not that DC will be doing a WW legacy any time soon.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@agent_z said:

@dernman@tedirey

Diana's immortality is rather ill defined. People say it should mean she can't age but that clearly isn't the case as she went from a baby to an adult. I'd say her immortality is that she does age but does so slowly and can be killed but not as easily as normal humans.

So if that's the type of "immortality" I don't think the legacy stories will be an issue. Not that DC will be doing a WW legacy any time soon.

Why not?.

because comics take place in a bubble where they can only progress so far. That's where they get the term the illusion of progression.

Though Agent z misunderstood what I was referring too when I brought up my point.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dernman

@tedirey said:

@dernman: @agent_z:

During the DC One Million event, the Amazons are living at the planet Venus and haven't aged a day and it's the 853rd Century!!!!

Lots of things could have happened in those millions of years like gaining immortality on Venus.

Regardless I never questioned the Amazons having immortality now or not. I just pointed out the flaw in your comparison.