Wonder Woman bloodlines animated movie

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Thankfully, the movie is not about Azzarello's WW or Zeus or Jason as title hinted from the voice cast

Rounding out the voice cast are

Ray Chase (voicing the Lead Bandit),

Mozhan Marno (Dr. Cyber),

Adrienne Moore (Etta Candy),

Cree Summer (Hippolyta),

Courtenay Taylor (Dr. Poison),

Nia Vardalos (Julia Kapatelis), and

Constance Zimmer (Veronica Cale).

Still not very excited especially after seeing the quality in the animation of recent DC movies?

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

finally she's getting an animated movie

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

@geraldofvengerberg said:

Thankfully, the movie is not about Azzarello's WW or Zeus

Total freakin false advertising. What the hell does this cast have to do with Bloodline? This sucks! I wanted First Born dammit!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg: I personally like the animation style but it looks like they are changing it up

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would’ve been happy with an adaptation of Azzarello’s run but I’m glad her classic, non-public-domain villains are getting a bit of much needed love

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard said:

Total freakin false advertising. What the hell does this cast have to do with Bloodline? This sucks! I wanted First Born dammit!

N52 stans BTFO once more. I love it. Just bury that WW. Everything from that lousy era must be crushed underheel.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least they're planning to have Ferdinand in it; they got all characters except Dr. Psycho.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SaintWildcard

@zariusii said:
@saintwildcard said:

N52 stans BTFO once more. I love it. Just bury that WW. Everything from that lousy era must be crushed underheel.

Well. you know what they say? Better dead than to get ruined by Bendis

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art style looks like it leaves a lot to be desired.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the complete picture with Steve not cropped out of it which you've probably seen already

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the complete picture with Steve not cropped out of it which you've probably seen already

No Caption Provided

Ugh, he's got that dumb goatee. Liam Sharp's Steve with the full beard is my personal favorite. I wish this was in his art style or maybe if she ever got a video game they could look to Sharp.

Tedirey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

I’m going to give this a try and DC Animated hasn’t really disappoint. Even the gazillion Batman animated movies are fine

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kevinffinity

@saintwildcard: I actually would have liked to see first born despite having mixed feelings about Azzerello's run. But it might be about how someone's bloodline or something of the sort does not dictate one's future. So in that sense the title might still work

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kevinffinity

Personally, I am not a fan of the animation still. It looks more cartoony and as a result cheaper that more recent animated movies. It kind of shows you the lack of faith DC has in the character. Which is why we have over 20 batman/ superman animated movies while the other leaguers have less than a quarter of that combined.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kevinffinity

Personally, I am not a fan of the animation still. It looks more cartoony and as a result cheaper that more recent animated movies. It kind of shows you the lack of faith DC has in the character. Which is why we have over 20 batman/ superman animated movies while the other leaguers have less than a quarter of that combined. I was hoping they'd announce an AQ or Flash movie.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of which, they announced a JL dark movie next year that I hope Diana will have a small role in as opposed to them shoving batman into it. They might be waiting to see bloodline's performance.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

From my perspective...

Pros:

• Themyscira has greco-roman architecture and advanced technology (great combo of Perez and Marston)
  • WW's rouges are taking a spot light for once in a while, rather than acting like canon fodder in JL movies
  • Action oriented which is nice
  • Etta and Steve (with what looks to be ARGUS?)
  • Animation is better then in the first still images
  • original story

Cons:

• Diana "goes against" the wishes of her mother and the amazons. So, we continue the new trend of Diana not earning the title of champion/WW, but stealing it. Also means no contest. Basically its movie WW and not The WW.
  • Diana might get a lot of action though it seems high mid-tier at best, so she still doesn't seem that powerful. Plus she's clearly getting hurt in some sences.
  • Still using a god damn sword that does nothing for her.
  • Might still be Zeus's daughter IDK.
  • original story
  • It seems like Diana eventually just ignores Vannessa? I hope that's not the case cause that doesn't seem like a flaw Diana would have. If its Jullia on the other hand... then I can see the theme of Family playing a role.

Overall I'm excited for this. I LOVE what they did with Themyscira, though I wish they looked more at Nicola Scott's artwork with the huge amazon colossus imbedded in cliff side. Also, I think the island is too small?

I'm just glad WW is finally getting an other movie after 10 years, and its got nothing to do with Zeus or he who shall not be named.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

• Diana "goes against" the wishes of her mother and the amazons. So, we continue the new trend of Diana not earning the title of champion/WW, but stealing it. Also means no contest. Basically its movie WW and not The WW.

I am WW purist. But I really don't see the logic that Hippolyta who wants a child for centuries, finally makes one from Clay and loves takes care for centuries only for to let her go to dangerous World with a Man she met yesterday. I just really don't see the logic of that. I really think Hippolyta being Selfish about her daughter is much more interesting and logical take.

The problem is Hippolyta and Amazons are extremely one dimensional instead of being flawed but likable and movie or comics never really explore the consequences and emotional impact of Diana running away on Hippolyta, Amazons and even Diana

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

I am WW purist. But I really don't see the logic that Hippolyta who wants a child for centuries, finally makes one from Clay and loves takes care for centuries only for to let her go to dangerous World with a Man she met yesterday. I just really don't see the logic of that. I really think Hippolyta being Selfish about her daughter is much more interesting and logical take.

The problem is Hippolyta and Amazons are extremely one dimensional instead of being flawed but likable and movie or comics never really explore the consequences and emotional impact of Diana running away on Hippolyta, Amazons and even Diana

Steve's entrance on to Paradise Island was, to the amazons, a sign that they should reenter man's world. You can talk about how some view this as threating the amazon way of life but, the leaders, Hippolyta specifically, should not want to keep him as a prisoner. I get Hippolyta wanting Diana to stay, so why instead of Hippolyta forbidding Diana from entering the contest do they take the contest out?

The contest is there to show that the amazons are not "evil" people. That instead of keeping Steve as a prisoner forever, they believe its time to spread their message of truth, justice, peace, prosperity, and equality by determining who is the best among them in a contest. Its not just there to show off how skilled Diana is.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think trailers like these are so dumb. Especially when they place lines over characters speaking that you know are the wrong lines, cause the mouth animation is saying something else. Cheetah was some hot garbage, I hope she's full of steroids or something cause that was not base cheetah. So, the amazons have advance tach but still use regular bows and arrows? instead of like energy arrows or something syfy? Hippolyta being angry with Diana leaving vs sadden is kind of a clique, like they fight after the initial confrontation. Once again no contest means its this bull Diana betrays her sisters and steals the WW gear instead of earning it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SaintWildcard

The only upside to that trailer is that i get to see more of that amazing JL:War costume (but I'm sure it's gonna build up to her getting the movie version by the end), beside that my lack of sinterest is like a bottomless pit. I keep asking myself why the hell is this damn movie titled Bloodlines? Why the hell are they even making an other stupid origin story?

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think trailers like these are so dumb. Especially when they place lines over characters speaking that you know are the wrong lines, cause the mouth animation is saying something else. Cheetah was some hot garbage, I hope she's full of steroids or something cause that was not base cheetah. So, the amazons have advance tach but still use regular bows and arrows? instead of like energy arrows or something syfy? Hippolyta being angry with Diana leaving vs sadden is kind of a clique, like they fight after the initial confrontation. Once again no contest means its this bull Diana betrays her sisters and steals the WW gear instead of earning it.

The movie seems to be based on the new 52 movie verse. So i won't be surprised if we have no amazon contest.

I think overall the trailer looks good. And there is a very positive aspect i saw. They are using many of her villains, and it seems that will lead us to a good deal of action. Which is great because her villains need more exposure, and WW needs to stop being so passive and insecure like she has been in her current comic title.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think it’s an origin story per se, I think it’ll be like Rucka’s Rebirth run with flashbacks to year-1 but where the main plot takes place several years after Wonder Woman left Paradise Island

It looks good to me, the only thing I’ve got a bit of an issue with is Cheetah, she looks like a hyena, I’m not digging this look at all. But at least she’s got super speed like she’s supposed to so kudos for that.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think it’s an origin story per se, I think it’ll be like Rucka’s Rebirth run with flashbacks to year-1 but where the main plot takes place several years after Wonder Woman left Paradise Island

It looks good to me, the only thing I’ve got a bit of an issue with is Cheetah, she looks like a hyena, I’m not digging this look at all. But at least she’s got super speed like she’s supposed to so kudos for that.

Yeah. Cheetah's look could have been better. But like you said, at least they showed Cheetah as a super fast foe. And i think the Cheetah we saw could be Sebastian. Didn't Cheetah's voice sound kinda like a male voice?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Archizooom

@agent41: it crossed my mind that this might be Sebastian Ballesteros but it has a pair of tits, plus Villainy Inc. is an all-female supervillain team so it's Barbie Ann

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kevinffinity

Has its pros and cons. It looks like themyscira is going to have the Greek architecture, cheetah looks kind of fast in one scene, looks like there's going to be a decent amount of action, looks like there's going to be some focus on Argus (which would be great), the advanced tech and its bringing in some villains that are not often focused on

On the other hand cheetah looks like a werewolf-like brute, there was nothing even remotely impressive power-wise or skill-wise tbh, I like having multiple villains but 5 is a bit much even for me, Its another origin story, the quality of the animation is sucky and looks like Diana might physically fight her mother.

But love it or hate it, I guess people must watch it otherwise WB would be justified for not making a WW animated movie for over a decade. Plus I am kind of hoping that she'll be in the Justice League Dark movie next year now that she's leading the team in comics. I guess if this movie does well then they probably will rather forcing batman into it.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By agent41

@kevinffinity: It is not an origin story per se. Based on what we saw. Most of the movies takes place after she left the island and joined the jl. So the only thing we will see about her leaving the island will be short flashbacks.

Cheetah's look is not that great. But at least they showed her being super fast. And if she can give Diana a fight. Then that will speak well about Cheetah's power level.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

DeadpoolUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im glad she is getting respect

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seen it and its very good guys. Buy it. It suggests they are thinking of sequels.

Although I wish they had saved certain story beats for direct adaptations, and I wish the origin was more Perrez and less Wonder Woman movie, nonetheless, these guys did their homework and while not a Flashpoint Paradox, or Dark Knight Returns or All Star Superman, its better than most the recent batman films and about as good as Superman Unbound. Nice addition.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

Seen it and its very good guys. Buy it. It suggests they are thinking of sequels.

Although I wish they had saved certain story beats for direct adaptations, and I wish the origin was more Perrez and less Wonder Woman movie, nonetheless, these guys did their homework and while not a Flashpoint Paradox, or Dark Knight Returns or All Star Superman, its better than most the recent batman films and about as good as Superman Unbound. Nice addition.

Its nice. Went a little over board with the ending fight, but I'm glad they are using story beats from good WW comics. The ending is what did it for me though. The mother/daughter relationship is more movie than comic to my distaste, but is fine.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About time she had a solo film.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About time she had a solo film.

About time she had a solo film again. This is her second animated film.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was great. It was nice to see her other villains get some shine other than just Ares.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make sure you buy it so we get more. Ordering mine Sunday. ;)

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ok

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The upsetting thing is that WB animation sees the performance of such a movie (if it doesn't do well) and thinks, “Oh I guess people weren’t as interested in Wonder Woman as we thought. Lets give it another 5 to 10 years” instead of thinking maybe, just maybe we made a crappy movie. How does the character that has not had a movie in a decade get the worst of the year when she has a lot of good (or at least better) material to pull from? I don’t like being negative but had to let that out. Anyway, I will post more positive thoughts later on.