Wonder Woman #79 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

I thought that this was another good issue. Wonder Woman thought her way through her problems and used the concept of justice to defeat Cheetah; and, justice is the concept that I'd more associate with the post-crisis Wonder Woman.

And, Steve really laid it out in breaking up with Wonder Woman; absent lust, as created by the presence of love somewhere in the equation, Steve realized that he actually considered Wonder Woman a really good friend, but, he wanted more from Woman Woman. But, on reciprocal side of the equation would be: what was he ever willing to give up for Wonder Woman in exchange? Answer, nothing or very little beyond what a friend would provide, from what I saw, with his vanilla type demeanor. Unconditional love is understanding; you just have to understand Wonder Woman better. Part of that understanding is that she's from a society where one could understand how her sophistication with dealing with men would be quite lacking, but, I also saw that she was more than willing to meet a man, at least part way, if that man would understand, by sympathizing, to look at things through the other person's shoes.

My read also usually tells me when I'm likely being played for a fool by someone too, but, I don't get those vibes from Wonder Woman. I just picture her being awkward for being honest, and is the reason why developing dynamics with Dr. Psycho would be perfect. In that situation, the matter would be if Wonder Woman could ever become mature enough to grow out of shallowness. It's not really a foregone certainly that Wonder Woman is shallow, but, many indicators are, is to say that she very likely is. But, at least, she'd be honest in a very awkward sort of way; she just needs to be pressed to reveal how she truly feels about things by Dr. Psycho asking her out for a date, as one example.

No Caption Provided

And, with Veronica and Wonder Woman, again, I think it's just one of those situations where you know that two Women just don't like each other; so, not surprising that missing love hasn't really affected anything between the two of them.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I still need to read this issue. But at the same time I’m thinking of waiting for the new creative team.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I still need to read this issue. But at the same time I’m thinking of waiting for the new creative team.

I think you'll enjoy it; are you looking for a lot of feats? This issue is a few smooth story heading into the next issue.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I’m not looking for too many feats but I do feel like this story arc can be better. Not a fan of the art too.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was terrible. Willow is going out with a whimper, bring on Orlando!

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZariusII

The Diana/Steve break up was B.S, out of character, and far too expected given DC are in the midst of testing all relationships, so it's not even fresh.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

The Diana/WW break up was B.S, out of character, and far too expected given DC are in the midst of testing all relationships, so it's not even fresh.

Yea, it was really stupid how that played out.

onetrueGAWDDDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onetrueGAWDDDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers