Wonder Woman 42 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Questions still remain about the origins of Jason's new powers. Grail used a new trick to momentarily disable Wonder Woman and escape the lasso. Grail revealed most of Darkseid's plans, basically, trying to build enough energy to retake his home planet. But, next issue, Steve may be in mortal danger.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Another bland issue.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I am really getting the impression of Robinson being kinda ill-suited for regular solo superhero books like WW, because there is just so much talking, and then there is a brief fight and then some more talking. Like it's slightly out of balance for someone like Diana, but maybe spot on for something like the Shade.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: She soloed Grail using skill. That's something (its the only thing) I'd post on her respect thread if I wasn't so bored with this arc.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

There must be something wrong with me because I'm enjoying Robinson's WW so far and I'm in the minority?

I guess so.

The only saving grace in this story for me is an EPIC Darkseid vs Diana fight.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathandGrim

@tedirey said:

There must be something wrong with me because I'm enjoying Robinson's WW so far and I'm in the minority?

Yup.

Other than this scene

No Caption Provided

And the Darkseid vs Zues fight, I've been severely underwhelmed

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Itachus17

@tedirey said:

@DeathandGrim2: @masterwitcher88:

What I love about Robinson's take on her title is the scope and gravity of the situation. This reminds of Eric Luke's run where the stakes are so high.

And I do confess I like the DC Olympian gods than Diana herself which is why I got hooked in the first place. And I'm more excited about seeing Ares or Jasonmore than WW.

No Caption Provided

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@DeathandGrim2: @masterwitcher88:

What I love about Robinson's take on her title is the scope and gravity of the situation. This reminds of Eric Luke's run where the stakes are so high.

And I do confess I like the DC Olympian gods than Diana herself which is why I got hooked in the first place. And I'm more excited about seeing Ares or Jason more than WW.

Luke's run was better written, had way better feats, and we had no Jason. That's what's wrong with this run, That's why most of us don't like it. It could have been great.

We probably are not getting Ares, but this brings me to another point. I love the Olympians too that's why whenever they are present I critic how they are presented both in character and visually. It's why I hated Azz's Olympians. But this is actually worse then Azz; poor characterizations, using cliff notes versions of Greek myth not even good ones(I would go further in detail but this post would be way longer), and flat out having the KING OF THE GODS get slapped around by a WEAK Darkseid. I'm genuinely surprised why your not even ticked off at this.

Love what you love don't let me stop you, but I'd like to know.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:Jason isn't the reason this run isn't very good. Jason is only a very recent character. And yea he's bland as hell. Diana's blind brother from the New52 run is more memorable.

However the reason this Wonder Woman run is not good imo is because it's so damn tame. Nothing is exciting in the slightest. The story isn't exciting, the characters aren't exciting, Diana being weirdly distant from reality more than usual isn't exciting and was also for some reason a plot point. It doesn't feel like I'm reading about a powerful demigod but more along the lines of someone writing to push the idea that demigods and gods weren't insane especially in the Greek Canon.

"Look how beautiful and ethereal this all is" "look Ares is beautiful and totally charming" "All woman Warrior race dealing with something interesting? Nobody wants to see that" The writers keep trying to make me care than letting me care naturally. I don't like characters because you keep telling me they're good people, I want to be shown.

No Caption Provided

Seriously, this is supposed to be a big "OH SHIT" moment in a WONDER WOMAN book.

Jason is one reason this run is leaving a sour taste in my mouth but he's not the biggest or most damning. I have such a big issue with this run because it feels like a slice of life Anime. It's boring and full of moments you have to try to actually have some sort of investment in.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:Jason isn't the reason this run isn't very good. Jason is only a very recent character. And yea he's bland as hell. Diana's blind brother from the New52 run is more memorable.

However the reason this Wonder Woman run is not good imo is because it's so damn tame. Nothing is exciting in the slightest. The story isn't exciting, the characters aren't exciting, Diana being weirdly distant from reality more than usual isn't exciting and was also for some reason a plot point. It doesn't feel like I'm reading about a powerful demigod but more along the lines of someone writing to push the idea that demigods and gods weren't insane especially in the Greek Canon.

"Look how beautiful and ethereal this all is" "look Ares is beautiful and totally charming" "All woman Warrior race dealing with something interesting? Nobody wants to see that" The writers keep trying to make me care than letting me care naturally. I don't like characters because you keep telling me they're good people, I want to be shown.

No Caption Provided

Seriously, this is supposed to be a big "OH SHIT" moment in a WONDER WOMAN book.

Jason is one reason this run is leaving a sour taste in my mouth but he's not the biggest or most damning. I have such a big issue with this run because it feels like a slice of life Anime. It's boring and full of moments you have to try to actually have some sort of investment in.

Not disagreeing with you at all.

I've said it 1000 times I'll say it again Wonder Woman NEEDS to be DC's answer to Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@masterwitcher88: Orion is DC’s answer to Thor imo

I can see how you think that, but Orion doesn't work that well as DC's Thor compared to Diana. She just has more going for her on paper.

Also you hear about the New Gods movie DC is making, suppose to be their Guardians of the Galaxy I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

I can see how you think that, but Orion doesn't work that well as DC's Thor compared to Diana. She just has more going for her on paper.

Also you hear about the New Gods movie DC is making, suppose to be their Guardians of the Galaxy I think.

maybe,but what exactly do you mean by diana being DC's answer for thor,afaik kirby introduced orion and he was used to amalgamate with thor in the amalgam series,though it's true that he has less appearances than ww.

the DCEU better give their main characters solo movies before giving villains and lesser known characters solo movies,it's like they haven't actually learned from jl's flop

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

I really like Orion, but he is a pretty poor answer to be honest.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@mowjack said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
@mowjack said:

maybe,but what exactly do you mean by diana being DC's answer for thor,afaik kirby introduced orion and he was used to amalgamate with thor in the amalgam series,though it's true that he has less appearances than ww.

the DCEU better give their main characters solo movies before giving villains and lesser known characters solo movies,it's like they haven't actually learned from jl's flop

I think he means that Diana is the main character out of the League bigwigs who is magically and divinely connected the same way Thor is to the Avengers.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@masterwitcher88: Wonder Woman NEEDS to be DC's answer to Thor.

But Wonder Woman is vastly more iconic. If anything, Thor is a weak answer to DC's Wonder Woman.

Marvel Thor isn't what a god should be. He's just a brick with a powerful hammer.

100% agree with you after all Thor entered comics a couple years after Diana. But the level of story telling and awesome feats just are too far and few in between. Some of her most impressive moments aren't even in her own book anymore.

I still believe Thor would lose to Diana but I can't deny his power and showings in his book because he has them. That power is there fully on display, Diana is getting sidelined in her own book. Even if she wasn't we are getting one missed opportunity after another.

We could have had a 5v1 with Diana showing off her power and skills against the furies in the first issue of this arc. But we didn't, we got hand fisted cameos/origins for 3 WW villains, two of whom deserve their own stories. Zeus didn't even need to show up, have weak Darkseid fight and drain Diana. Not only would that have given Diana something to do in her own book it would have given her some striking feats, combat speed feats, and durability feats on top of power scaling, consider that it took nearly all of Zeus's children to get Darkseid back at what half or 3/4 of his full power while Diana would have gave him enough to make him complete.