• 85 results
dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

So far, Darkseid is taking one of those butt wuppings that Juggernaut took from Gladiator in X-men: TAS, but, he has better recovery, wasn't hit as hard as Juggernaut, as he wasn't displaced as far.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Meh. Last issue was better ??

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid should be skyfather level.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Nice preview... why dont you post a link?

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid should be skyfather level.

No, but Zeus should be.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey:

No Caption Provided

Obviously I meant Issue 36. Seemed more interesting then the preview here.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh....bullsh** is still bullsh**.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@lord_spectrum:

Plot superpower. I'm fine with that.

It's like Thor or Surfer forcefully absorbing energy from Odin or Galactus without their own will, do you think that there is common sense in that? Because i don't.

Plus, We both know there is a point of tier power where plot powers should not work on those characters especially when that plot power comes from a herald tier character trying to affect SKYFATHER tier character, so this is just BS.

Robinson made a goddamn Skyfather job to Herald, and as i predicted this is just Jane-Thor vs Odin all over again.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

1. Considering Zeus is only virtually omnipotent only in his realm and 2. Old and New gods are powered-up by the Source's godwave, 3. CURRENT Darkseid can beat Zeus and it would be pretty understandable.

1. Not exactly, DC characters don't work that way, nor was it ever mentioned that he is weaker outside of Olympus.

2. It doesn't work that way in N52/Rebirth era, Darkseid's power comes from stealing powers of old gods in N52/Rebirth era, in N52 era Old Gods didn't die in Ragnarok, thus no godwave, and the planet of Old Gods was not destroyed it was just damaged on surface and later was renamed into New Genesis, not only that Godwave was never mentioned as the progenitor of their beings and powers in N52, so far Godwave lore is specifically tied to Pre-52.

3. See my post above.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@tedirey:

I'm not going into this. It's just trivial and pointless.

How so?

Darkseid is not as weak as everyone wants them to be. Not anymore.

Nope, nothing changed really. He got back his standart power through BS of forcefull absorbing energy from Skyfather-level being and in process defeating him, and i already explained why this is BS. If you think this is legit then i guess if Surfer forcefully absorbed energy from Galactus and in process defeating him would also be legit. You see there is point of COMMON SENSE which plays the most important part here, and common sense tells us that DS vs Zeus was BS.

Plus I never claimed he was weak, just that literally many sources provide that he is Superman-level, that's not really weak and that is he not powerful enough to take on Skyfathers and WIN, unless you obviously consider Jane-Thor vs Odin legit.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By masterwitcher88

@lord_spectrum said:@tedirey said: @lord_spectrum:

Plot superpower. I'm fine with that.

It's like Thor or Surfer forcefully absorbing energy from Odin or Galactus without their own will, do you think that there is common sense in that? Because i don't.

Plus, We both know there is a point of tier power where plot powers should not work on those characters especially when that plot power comes from a herald tier character trying to affect SKYFATHER tier character, so this is just BS.

Robinson made a goddamn Skyfather job to Herald, and as i predicted this is just Jane-Thor vs Odin all over again.

Biggest load of BS I read in a while. Hated this issue and really hate this run. Also I love the moment Superman and the JL show Darkseid and all his "skyfather" glory ran with his tail between his legs.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Well, that was both tedious and stupid.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey:

In short, you can't give a proper explanation as to why this is not BS? Thought so.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

Biggest load of BS I read in a while.

Yeah, hey let's make a character with ridiculous reality warping powers on high scale that can't be killed by physical or energy attacks lose a fight against a character who can't even bust a planet and can be killed by energy and physical attacks, seems legit, lol.

I mean what were Robinson and DC Editors smoking when that idea came in, they cra**** on power-levels really in worst way possible, so the only way to fix this is that they need to retcon it as if it was Zeus's avatar.

Hated this issue and really hate this run.

I don't really hate it, but it is disappointing as hell. And given that Superman is gonna beat Darkseid in a few months from now as a conclusion to Apokolips arc (with Luthor and etc...), it would make it even worse, i guess Superman >>> Zeus now. XD

But anyways even Wonder Woman was made to job to Teen Darkseid. Though argument can be made that she was weakened due to her fights with Jason and Grail, then her capture and Grail giving her shots, then her escaping and having another fight with them.

I mean Power Girl, who is Diana's equal, gave Darkseid hell of a fight and made him work for the win and they seemed rather close powerwise, and even then PG was rather unharmed while DS was bleeding, and she was losing rather due to her magic vulnerability (omega beams, duh..), which Diana doesn't have, without it they seemed close.

So if Diana, who is just as tough as PG, has better fighting skills, is durable against magic and somehow can't perform the similar feats if not better due to her perks, i smell that there is something wrong there, but given in the context she was somewhat weakened, i can see it as reason.

Also I love the moment Superman and the JL show Darkseid and all his "skyfather" glory ran with his tail between his legs.

Ehhh.......Superman was weakened though, i bet he could have taken him out 1v1.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

LOL at comparing Darkseid to Surfer and Zeus to Galactus. Darkseid power levels have indeed fluctuated but as far as DCs cosmic hierchy is concerned he's top tier and always has been. Zeus has never even mattered beyond his own pantheon and even there he barely matters.

I wont pretend Robinsons run is anything special but Zeus was never winning this fight.

You take top versions of DS from FC or Great Darkness Saga and put him against top versions of Zeus from wherever and the outcome is hilariously one sided. The fight went fine. DC thinks Darkseid can fight universe absorbing Anti-Monitor, they're being consistent with their own cosmology. A singular multiversal being who is immune to the time/space discrepancies and a threat to the multiverse versus another guy who calls himself God.Zeus was out of his league here.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@entropy_aegis:

LOL at comparing Darkseid to Surfer and Zeus to Galactus.

You do realize it was not comparison of power, but comparsion at what tier difference is between them?

Darkseid power levels have indeed fluctuated but as far as DCs cosmic hierchy is concerned he's top tier and always has been.

Yeah sure without ignoring far more consistent portrayal of DS as Superman-level being, his power rarely flucates, that's just an excuse and rather a weak one, DS was never a big cake though and is pretty much always portrayed as Superman's equal, like it or not that's how he is consistently shown.

Also lmao him being top-tier cosmic force. Also DS from FC was no different than regular DS, what he made was essentially mess up vibrations (string theory for reference) of Earths which as a chain reaction did all that mess, plus Superman has done way better feat in that category, he saved Omniverse by affecting the vibrations of Earths.

Darkseid can fight universe absorbing Anti-Monitor.

How about mentioning that this N52 Am never asborbed universes nor has power to do so, and is rather featless outside of his fight with DS, not only that his origin, his powerset many things were retconned and literally had nothing in common with his Pre-52 version. Just shows how little people know about AM.

And usual posters don't know that COIE AM was different one and was actually massively amped, his regular power level is not that high, even in Pre - 52.

But since you brought this up, how about mentioning how Anti-Monitor was getting his a** handed to him by Ultraman a near-Superman-level being, he barely won due to anti-matter blast, which disintegrated matter upon contact (real science, duh....)

they're being consistent with their own cosmology.

Sure, buddy keep believing in this, when it is not as such.

A singular multiversal being who is immune to the time/space discrepancies

He is immune to time changes because his dimension as well as New Genesis is outside of Multiverse, just like Mr. Miracle and all New Gods, i guess Mr. Miracle is also Multiversal, lol.

As for the Multiversal part, i already explained what he did during FC.

and a threat to the multiverse

Yeah sure, he is such a threat to Multiverse, that he got one-shotted by Alan Scott, who was stalemated by Power Girl. He is such a threat to Multiverse that he could barely win a fight with Power Girl, even when he had magic advantage against her, do i need to go on?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack:

True, but does it change the fact that is still BS? No, it doesn't really.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack:

True, but does it change the fact that is still BS? No, it doesn't really.

well i was going to say it's better than this considering that odin wasnt knocked out

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

well i was going to say it's better than this considering that odin wasnt knocked out

Hmm....after thinking about it, you are right, didn't think that DC could handle things worse than Marvel...worse than Aaron. And then DC hired Bendis, yeah this is not gonna end well.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: So Zeus is scaled to be DC's answer to Galactus and Darkseid is to Surfer? LOL please.

This isn't a battle thread, we dont aggregate feats and use the average ones while discarding the outliers. Thats a battle forum requirement. The writer doesn't operate within that framework. In Zeus case it doesn't even apply as he's virtually featless. So Darkseid can lose to Superman all he wants in different books with different plots. But I'll humour you what exactly has post Flashpoint Zeus even accomplished again? Hanging with Darkseid IS his ONLY feat. So even the battle forum rules dont favor your argument in the slightest.

DS from FC pulled the multiverse down with the sheer presence of his power and will. Zeus can come back when he does something even a fraction as impressive. And Superman needed a plot device machine to accomplish what he did. Stop saying things without context.

That AM absorbed atleast one universe and maybe more. Forever Evil made it clear.

Darkseid War acknowledged COIE.

And seeing as Post COIE AM only showed up in like 4 stories all of which I've read you can stop lumping me with "people". I've read all of AMs stories. Your dismissal of him fails but your own points do hold up against featless Zeus.

Yes Mr Miracle is Multiversal, you need to get your head out of the battle forums already.

More lies and out of context BS. Darkseid stomped the Earth 2 wonders. He even healed his eye with in 2 panels. Alan Scott was powered by all 4 Parliaments of his universe and still got curbstomped. Then he got powered by the multiversal Green and could only run away after landing one punch (which was even illustrated to show the power of dozens of universes). Darkseid was completely fine the next time he was seen 2 pages later. That Scott would also stomp Zeus so using him is meaningless.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

Yeah sure, he is such a threat to Multiverse, that he got one-shotted by Alan Scott, who was stalemated by Power Girl. He is such a threat to Multiverse that he could barely win a fight with Power Girl, even when he had magic advantage against her, do i need to go on?

Don't know what you were reading but I'm pretty sure Alan Scott was amped by literally every Parliament in existence giving him their power, and even then Darkseid was back on his feet within a few pages. As for "barely winning a fight with Power Girl", if we were reading the same issue, Power Girl hit him once and then ran away to dodge his Omega Beams. Darkseid was fine. This seems pretty disingenuous of you considering that in the same issue where Scott "one-shotted" Darkseid, he also fought him under his own power alone and Darkseid easily swatted him.

The Omega Force is not magical. Darkseid is not a magical being.

People keep bringing up all these great feats Zeus supposedly has. What exactly are these supposed to be, or is it just Wonder Woman fans talking up the pantheon to make it seem impressive? Zeus is nowhere near "skyfather-tier" either; Odin can literally bust solar systems just as a side-effect of his fights.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I'd like to add that Alan was double amped.

First he was powered by all the Parliaments.

Then after getting embarrassed by Darkseid the entire multiversal green decided to empower him. He then ran away after punching Darkseid once.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: "Yeah sure, he is such a threat to Multiverse, that he got one-shotted by Alan Scott, who was stalemated by Power Girl."

When did Power Girl stalemate Alan Scott? You aren't referring to their fight from Earth 2 Society 21, are you? The fight where Alan was on the verge of literally crushing her inside a construct? A construct Alan made when he was being mind controlled by Ultrahumanite, a construct from which Karen who has survived a planetary punch escaped only because Alan was weakened? If yes, it was hardly a stalemate since I clearly remember Power Girl screaming at him saying he was crushing her.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@entropy_aegis: @saren: Lord Spectrum believes that Darkseid is only Silver Surfer/Superman level because of handbook/guidebook statements. So this WW issue has him all salty because it ruins his preconceived notion of Darkseid's power since he's clearly above Zeus at full power.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TrueThemyscira
OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: You know, even taking at face value the idiocy you said about Darkseid being merely Silver Surfer/Superman level, what does that make Zeus, whose most significant showings in the DC Universe are getting BTFO by virtually every god-tier being from Darkseid back during the early Post-Crisis days to Rao just recently?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh it's a story Darksied beat a near featless Zues and ....

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren:

Don't know what you were reading but I'm pretty sure Alan Scott was amped by literally every Parliament in existence giving him their power,

You mean the nigh-featless parlament? Yeah not impressed honestly, and couldn't care less about powersource, but rather what feats they accomplish by it. Cyborg during Metal-tie in literally could harness the power of 52 Earths, just like Alan in his fight with DS, yet he was still below Wonder Woman power-wise. My point powersource doesn't talk about power-level. Plus Alan's powerlevel prior to that was rather low, the guy was utterly curbstomped by degenerating clone of Earth 2 Superman.

and even then Darkseid was back on his feet within a few pages.

Since when 9 pages is few? That's a lot even by comic book standarts.

As for "barely winning a fight with Power Girl", if we were reading the same issue, Power Girl hit him once and then ran away to dodge his Omega Beams.

You do realize that was weakened PG? You can clearly see that she is damaged from her previous fights just by looking at her, plus that was not the fight i was referencing, it was their first original fight, in which she was unharmed and Darkseid lost his eye.

Darkseid was fine.

So drawing blood from him is fine? Yeah i ain't buying that, not only that in their original fight she ripped his eye, and even managed to hold her own in H2H, even when DS was spamming his magic beams, just shows that the gap of their powers is just not that big. And then her fight with Alan in H2H was pretty much stalemate with Alan winnin with the magic construct. And PG = Supergirl <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Superman.

This seems pretty disingenuous of you considering that in the same issue where Scott "one-shotted" Darkseid, he also fought him under his own power alone and Darkseid easily swatted him.

That was before Alan understood how to properly utilize his powers and how to fully harness those energies, that's called context.

The Omega Force is not magical. Darkseid is not a magical being.

I guess you didn't read his NEW 52 origin, Omega Force was created when Darkseid stole power of Old Gods, Old Gods = Magic, simple as that. Literally almost nothing from his Post-Crisis origin is canon to New 52 one.

Not only that in Rebirth in order to restore his power he was stealing mystical energies of ZEUS and his children, that also by default proves it.

People keep bringing up all these great feats Zeus supposedly has. What exactly are these supposed to be, or is it just Wonder Woman fans talking up the pantheon to make it seem impressive? Zeus is nowhere near "skyfather-tier" either;

Zeus (i don't count Jove, because he was Zeus' avatar and they later merged) and DC Odin split THE SOURCE in 2 parts.

" Here Zeus fights Kane Milohai, who shows power over the heavens, supposedly even created them and implied that Kane could make billions of anything his own. So they fight in an impressive battle, where at the end Zeus rips out his heart(in a most bad*** display). Take also note, that they were also in Kane's realm. " - DC Zeus Respect Thread

Those feats are way beyond someone of the powerlevel of Darkseid.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Lord Spectrum believes that Darkseid is only Silver Surfer/Superman level because of handbook/guidebook statements. So this WW issue has him all salty because it ruins his preconceived notion of Darkseid's power since he's clearly above Zeus at full power.

Before we start, grow some balls and tag the person about whom you talk behind his/her back, that will show that you at least have some qualities of a man, lol.

But anyways it was not 1 handbook, but 2 (Mongul's entry also states the same), as well many fights of Darkseid which showcase it as well.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By Lvenger

@lord_spectrum: I try not to waste my time with lost causes who refuse to change their ways. But since you seemingly want me to talk with you, I'll oblige for once. Your over-reliance on a couple of handbook entries are wrong and have been proven wrong multiple times by now. They don't carry the same authority that Marvel's handbook entries do, they may not have been written or authenticated by anyone who's currently working on DC's ongoing comics for all you know. And they do not change the fact that current Darkseid is above Superman/Silver Surfer level by on panel feats. Everyone is showing you where you're going wrong but you continue to walk closer to the edge of the cliff. Not my fault if you walk off it with how incorrect and misguided you're acting.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See that here shows the whole problem, everyone's tallking about Darkseid and a bit about Zeus.

Wonder Woman had basically just a cameo in her own comic...

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See that here shows the whole problem, everyone's tallking about Darkseid and a bit about Zeus.

Wonder Woman had basically just a cameo in her own comic...

QFT.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

You mean the nigh-featless parlament?

A single Parliament killed everything on Earth in Rotworld, including Superman and Wonder Woman. Alan was empowered by every Parliament on his Earth and the entire multiverse's Green. The power of the Parliaments is something that's been made explicit many times, not just alluded to. For that matter, it's post-Flashpoint Zeus who's the nigh-featless one, not the Parliaments.

Cyborg during Metal-tie in literally could harness the power of 52 Earths

No, he couldn't. He could travel around the multiverse and view different Earths, that was pretty much it.

You do realize that was weakened PG? You can clearly see that she is damaged from her previous fights just by looking at her, plus that was not the fight i was referencing, it was their first original fight, in which she was unharmed and Darkseid lost his eye.

Are you joking? You're bringing up the issue where Darkseid beat Power Girl, Val-Zod, Flash, Doctor Fate, Aquawoman and the rest of Earth-2's heroes all at the same time, as a knock against Darkseid?

That was before Alan understood how to properly utilize his powers and how to fully harness those energies, that's called context.

The context is that was before Alan received a massive power-up.

Since when 9 pages is few? That's a lot even by comic book standarts.

The issue in question has multiple parallel plot lines following different characters. Not all of it is focused on Alan Scott and Darkseid. Most of those nine pages take place on other parts of the planet and space.

I guess you didn't read his NEW 52 origin, Omega Force was created when Darkseid stole power of Old Gods, Old Gods = Magic, simple as that. Literally almost nothing from his Post-Crisis origin is canon to New 52 one.

No, I'm guessing you haven't read the Didio/Johns stories that erased Pak's Darkseid origin and reverted to the previous one. Read Infinity Man and the Forever People. The Darkseid War Shazam one-shot also restored the previous origin where Darkseid is the son of Yuga Khan, not Pak's story from Forever Evil where Darkseid is some mud farmer.

Who do you think the Old Gods are? They're the ancestors of the New Gods; they draw their power from the Source. Yuga Khan was an Old God. A lot of the people trapped in the Source Wall are Old Gods. Robinson calling Earth pantheons Old Gods is more about him not understanding anything about the Fourth World than anything else. It's Darkseid fans who should be complaining about this arc, not Wonder Woman fans.

Not only that in Rebirth in order to restore his power he was stealing mystical energies of ZEUS and his children, that also by default proves it.

He was stealing their life, not their powers.

Zeus (i don't count Jove, because he was Zeus' avatar and they later merged) and DC Odin split THE SOURCE in 2 parts.

Issue #?

" Here Zeus fights Kane Milohai, who shows power over the heavens, supposedly even created them and implied that Kane could make billions of anything his own. So they fight in an impressive battle, where at the end Zeus rips out his heart(in a most bad*** display). Take also note, that they were also in Kane's realm. " - DC Zeus Respect Thread

Those feats are way beyond someone of the powerlevel of Darkseid.

So your big Zeus feat is him killing some random character whose only feat is something he claimed he did once, and whose only appearance involves him dying? Weak.