Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#1 Edited by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Stipulations:

· Nobody that has already written for her

· Nobody that is just going to mock her history

· Someone that is willing to invest their time and interest in the character

Avatar image for timelordscience
#2 Posted by TimeLordScience (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Snyder even still be considered a new writer? Unless you meant new to the character.

#3 Edited by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Mark Millar count? I haven't read Red Son yet, so I don't know if she was in it.

Also Frank Miller...

Jk

#4 Posted by Dr_Cheesesteak (270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with:

Kate Perkins
G Willow Wilson
Jonathan Hickman
Rick Remender
Jason Aaron
Kurtis J Wiebe
Marguerite Bennett
Becky Cloonan (on art, too!)

#5 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelordscience: Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant just new writers that would be better than Finch.

Avatar image for timelordscience
#6 Posted by TimeLordScience (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece: my vote would be for Tynion & Doyle, or Becky Cloonan. Or Blackman and Williams III.

#7 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I would just say Snyder, he's a batfan now because he's writing him, but apparently he already has some ideas kicking around about Wonder Woman. And I'd rather see him have ago at her monthly than anyone short of Morrison.

#8 Posted by Archizooom (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverpool: Yes she was in it and like many before him, Millar pretty much took a sh*t on Wonder Woman. In a nutshell, she spent her nights and days swooning over Superman though unfortunately her feelings weren't reciprocated. Then somehow Batman captured her, put her on a leash and used her as a bait to catch Superman. She then broke her indestructible lasso to release herself but suffered irreversible damage that soured her relationship with Superman. Because she resented him, Wonder Woman joined Luthor's campaign against Superman. However he just casually swat her away like she was nothing but a nuisance to him. Red Son is one of those macho comic book stories that portray women as submale, emotion-driven creatures that God created to service men. Apart from that, it's a good book.

#9 Posted by RDClip (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Kelly Sue DeConnick if DC can get her away from Marvel

W. Haden Blackman, but I doubt he`s ever want to work with DC again

#10 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@brunnhilde:

EL

OH

EL

I guess I take back Millar for WW, then.

#11 Edited by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

Sholly Fisch

#12 Posted by Saren (27933 posts) - - Show Bio

The correct answer is Genevieve Valentine.

@rdclip said:

For what, so we can get a year of stories about some cat Wonder Woman adopts?

#13 Edited by dshipp17 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Amanda Conner would work well as a Wonder Woman writer. I'd like to see what Toshio Maeda could do with Wonder Woman. Jim Balent would make a good writer for Wonder Woman. Frank Miller could make a good writer for Wonder Woman. Mark Rahner could make a good Wonder Woman writer by comparison to some writers since Messner-Loebs. I'd be very interested in seeing Alan Moore's take on Wonder Woman. I'd also be very interested in seeing Matt Wagner's take on Wonder Woman. There is an extensive list of writers who may produce a story that would match my tastes, but, I don't know them, because I haven't been sampling a large lost of comics lately. But, everything would be a big wash without the right artist. Amanda Conner is a good artist. Ed Banes would have to be a good artist. Holly Golightly would make a good artist. Mike Deodato would make a good artist. Terry and Rachel Dodson would make a good artist. Jay Anacleto would make a good artist. But Wonder Woman would have to be moved to a mature or adult comic to be made correctly; we have to pick back up with something like Wonder Woman and the Secret Six by Gail Simone without holding back.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (18744 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: Do you like Valentine's Catwoman?

#15 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Superman Unchained...which featured Batman heavily.

#16 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

@rdclip said:

Would you like it better if she strangles the cat and stabs it to death while screaming "For Themyscira!" ?

#17 Posted by Saren (27933 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

@rdclip said:

Would you like it better if she strangles the cat and stabs it to death while screaming "For Themyscira!" ?

How about we just ignore the cat?

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@saren said:
@somayareece said:
@saren said:

@rdclip said:

How about we just ignore the cat?

So she strangles and stabs herself instead? :)

@outside_85: Superman Unchained...which featured Batman heavily.

Which was a mini-series. And doesn't convince me to turn against Snyder.

#19 Posted by safefruitcake (636 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Jeff Lemire?

#20 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

Kieron Gillen (The Wicked +The Divine)..... That feels like a no brainer. That cat can write the $#!% out of some gods. Hell drag Jamie McKelvie with him, and put him on art...... This thread is now making me mad.

#21 Posted by Ladyonora (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I would just say Snyder, he's a batfan now because he's writing him, but apparently he already has some ideas kicking around about Wonder Woman. And I'd rather see him have ago at her monthly than anyone short of Morrison.

I completely agree with this. Snyder is an incredible writer and Batman is just one of his many amazing stories. He writes deep and engaging books that really hook the reader in and add so many interesting character developments. I really feel like he would add so much to the character of Wonder Woman. He would know how to play up her strengths beautifully.

#22 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

I completely agree with this. Snyder is an incredible writer and Batman is just one of his many amazing stories. He writes deep and engaging books that really hook the reader in and add so many interesting character developments. I really feel like he would add so much to the character of Wonder Woman. He would know how to play up her strengths beautifully.

He isn't a new writer. I need to edit that out.

#23 Edited by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I didn't turn against him, I just won't buy a book that he writes that's has Superman in it because I think he doesn't get the character.

His reasoning for why he used the Justice League in Endgame means he would have Batman show up in his Wonder Woman books as well--just to prove Batman is awesome.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
#24 Posted by GustavoBurciaga1 (652 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to go with Snyder, his ideas are usually pretty fresh but I wouldn't want him on the book for an extended period of time. Maybe a limited series for her 75th anniversary.

@outside_85: I didn't turn against him, I just won't buy a book that he writes that's has Superman in it because I think he doesn't get the character.

His reasoning for why he used the Justice League in Endgame means he would have Batman show up in his Wonder Woman books as well--just to prove Batman is awesome.

I have to disagree with that, Wonder Woman nearly killed him and would have too if it wasn't for that artifact. In fact she and Superman were the ones who did the most damage to Batman during that fight. I just wish we would have been able to see Green Lantern and Cyborg in the fight but I guess you can't win them all.

#25 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@gustavoburciaga1: Wonder Woman didn't actually do any damage to him, but that's besides the point: the use of the Justice League according to Snyder was only for props.

He basically just uses the Justice League members to make Batman look cooler.

#26 Edited by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
#27 Posted by GustavoBurciaga1 (652 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece: Sorry! I thought you meant to the book, as in they haven't written her as a protagonist.