I can dig it.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Don't mind me, just posting the objectively best outfit redesign she's had in years.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

This to me is much better than what we actually have. The real design looks like Wonder Woman had a psychotic mental breakdown, and is trying to wear all her outfits at once. Either that or she's wearing Superman's tights and trying to fit her armor over it.

THIS on the other hand actually looks like something Wonder Woman would wear.

this looks amazing

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

This to me is much better than what we actually have. The real design looks like Wonder Woman had a psychotic mental breakdown, and is trying to wear all her outfits at once. Either that or she's wearing Superman's tights and trying to fit her armor over it.

this looks amazing

I know right. It's almost as if it looks....Amazonian. I know, crazy right? It's as if she doesn't look like she's on the set of American Gladiators, or a Space Cop.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah..Not feelin it.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

You'll never get universal praise though. You could have some amazing artist from deviantart or something give the perfect design for Wonder Woman.

Someone, somewhere will hate it.

And what about when they do something "right?" And someone still hates it. Appearances are so subjective, and something can always be improved upon and made better. I'm not saying that creators make the perfect decision all the time, because they don't. However, even when they have done a good job, there will be people that say "that sucks" for whatever reason. It's part of the game.

So what do you do when you think you've done write by what you wanted to bring to the table, but people on the internet say otherwise? Granted, constructive criticism is one thing, but it's something you can either take or leave, and you can't get mad because someone doesn't take your advice. However, sometimes there's a lot more hate than constructive criticism.

Like people here are saying "get rid of the wrist blades." That's a valid objection to make. However there are people just calling the gauntlets ugly. That's not constructive criticism.

Unanimous praise is unattainable but a great design doesn't exactly split the internet in two. We're not talking about half-a-dozen discontent voices buried underneath a landslide of praise. It's almost unbelievable that David Finch was chosen to do this in the first place, it's like getting to cook for the Queen of England when you've stuffed up your 10 previous attempts at making an omelette.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Wonder Woman's outfit I have mix feelings for as well. I really liked her outfit in the Amazo Virus story looks cool. I do like this outfit. I think if I give it more time I think I would come to really like the outfit. The wrist blades look cool.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's cute how a lot of you seem to think this outfit is here to stay. It has the same chance of staying as Bunny Robot Batman and Buzzcut Bro-Superman.

"Loosened Continuity" ring a bell? Good thing too cause the outfit sucks.

Fair point. All criticism and praise aside, I think it's foolish for anyone to believe that this new outfit is gonna be her standard outfit for years and years to come. I would honestly be floored if she's even wearing this costume in 2016.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't stand these people who think it's "not warrior-like" for Wonder Woman to show any skin.

Because as we all know, ancient warriors NEVER showed skin in battle.

No Caption Provided

exactly. it would have badass to just copy this image and put wonder woman in it. the light armor was tied to the era. now she's covered in like jeans...it looks like she's allergic to germs or something....every inch covered with some retarded cloth.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

yesss...way better. this makes way more sense.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like it, though I would've liked it more if they kept the silver color of the armor but other than that, I like the armor, the blades, everything. I still like Jim Lee's new 52 design and Jason Fabok design. I hope to see every style of armor every now and then it's good for variety's sake for Diana.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

She kind of looks like a transformer

GokaiFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to horrible. But she does look like the MCU version of Sif.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

Now this is what I'm talking about, I like the colors a lot more. Good work with the edit.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She looks good, I don't mind the more conservative, armored approach. It fits WW.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerrigan said:

These two people are clearly brother and sister, right?

No Caption Provided

Well...one is a complete Kryptonian with the benefit of an appearance that can blend with the people from this planet, the other one is a now Goddess, Amazonian born and raised on planet earth. They basically ARE different people enough to get them to be even considered as brother and sister unless of course one likes (and have all the freedom and right to do so) to consider sibling relations only by the mere basis of looks. Personally I like consider sibling relations by bloodlines, parentage and genetics, simple look alikes just doesn't count enough to my opinion to think of someone as siblings. But hey! it's all good about opinions.

Notathug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta agree don't like the spikes but everything seems okay to me

Banes_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219  Edited By Banes_cat
No Caption Provided

No. My favorite version has been from New 52 Earth 2. It has roots in Greco-Roman culture while paying homage to Wonder Woman's past, and most recognizable, costume.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armor looks fine enough. Wristblades ? Not so much.

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not my thing, but this is more like it

No Caption Provided

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

...FOH, cuz...

takashi_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see myself liking this

Avatar image for mrmatchesmalone
Mrmatchesmalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about this. Yes, she's a Warrior but it seems like there's a lot going on. Does she really need all those accessories? She's Wonder Women! I need to see her in action.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

exactly. it would have badass to just copy this image and put wonder woman in it. the light armor was tied to the era. now she's covered in like jeans...it looks like she's allergic to germs or something....every inch covered with some retarded cloth.

Gladiators might've fought with scanty clothing but soldiers serving in the army most certainly didn't. With that said it's almost like they've taken a dig at everyone that complained about the bathing suit like we're supposed to wish she was half-naked now.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. I like it a lot.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The wristblades look awful and ruin it for me.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a really beautiful outfit. I love the design

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Boots need the boot!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

This... why couldn't it have been this?

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's okay. Prefer the Fabok design but this is okay

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new design. However I do really like the Fabok design, so hopefully Wonder Woman will have different outfits in the different titles she appears in.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sent this image to the Finches. Hopefully they fall in love with the colors and change them by the time June comes around

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbreen: I agree I hope too see more different outfits/armors on WW she is the God of War after all

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now if only the creative team quality was anything worth reading!

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Love it! Not too overly sexualized (something I hate about comics) but still a womanly posture.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitality said:

Let me say that I like it before we get all the "No, she must dress like a whore, or else it isn't wonder woman" people who screwed up her last potential outfit change (jacket and pants) which was awesome as well.

Hooray for straw man arguments! It couldn't be that people found the jacket and pants dull and uninspired or that they think this one is too busy. No let's ignore the criticism of all individuals.

DesertHunter24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#239  Edited By DesertHunter24
@mightypug78 said:

I like it alot. Feminine while still looking like something a warrior like Diana would wear. This would have been a great costume for the new movie coming out. Still cant get over wonder woman wearing what looks like high heels.

Oh, please no high heels. That would be just stupid. She's supposed to be a warrior and not a pseudo-medieval-model...

@viin said:

Don't like the spikes but I can deal with pretty much everything else. Not the biggest fan of the boots either but I will see what its like when I see more artwork.

Same here. Don't yet know what to think about it. Gotta wait for more artwork before I can make a final opinion. But the blade-extensions of her bracelets should be removed. They're totally unnecessary and look out of place.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By MPfly88

@outside_85 said:

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

This... why couldn't it have been this?

Why? Because you had a portion of the fanbase, that whined for years about Wonder Woman showing skin. Because skin is sinful right?

@sodamyat said:

I sent this image to the Finches. Hopefully they fall in love with the colors and change them by the time June comes around

There's not much point in doing that really, other than saying "Yeah your design sucks, this one is better." Because they're not gonna fix it. If they did, they'd be admitted they screwed up.

Also this "new outfit" of hers is temporary. She might break it out every now and again, but anyone thinking this is Wonder Woman's new standard outfit for years to come is fooling themselves. In the meantime the real Wonder Woman outfit is gonna be worn in the JL run after Convergence.

TieDyeBowtie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably my favorite Wonder Woman design, even in front of the jacket/pants combo, and the Fabok design, which is pretty good, too. I prefer the silver in place of the gold, though.

I hope those wrist blades are retractable. I imagine she's gonna need to bend her wrist back sometimes, y'know? If those blades were retractable, though? Totally badass.

I just prefer my heroines not showing an unnecessary amount of skin, is that just me?

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably my favorite Wonder Woman design, even in front of the jacket/pants combo, and the Fabok design, which is pretty good, too. I prefer the silver in place of the gold, though.

I hope those wrist blades are retractable. I imagine she's gonna need to bend her wrist back sometimes, y'know? If those blades were retractable, though? Totally badass.

I just prefer my heroines not showing an unnecessary amount of skin, is that just me?

No you're not, unfortunately.

TieDyeBowtie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donjack: If everything were made everything silver, got rid of the blade on her left, and gave her black sleeves similar to what you did with her thighs, this would be a personal dream come true.

Good work!

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It's atrocious. It's like they said "let's cover her up as much as possible and see how they like that". The only good thing about it is the return of the gold metal and red boots. Those wrist blades are ridiculous though. They make me notice she hasn't used the Swiss Army bracelets since the start of the Finch run. It appears the one decent addition from Azzarello has been jettisoned.

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By DonJack

@tiedyebowtie: Thank you. I think all-silver only works if there is more skin. I tried to do all silver the way it is and it didn't work so well.

I agree it would be best if she showed her legs, if there aren't any blades and the boots are up to the knees. But then the new costume would be only slightly changed, which actually shows that the old costume was quite ideal.

And showing skin, the boots can be red.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Janjaman

Looks like an All American Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it,except the gaunlet blades which hurt the look of an otherwise great looking outfit. Lose those blades. Personally,I like it other than that.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:
No Caption Provided

This is amazing and i like this colour scheme better i never liked the gold.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dig it

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers