New Wonder Woman Costume Revealed

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saren said:

Minus the wristblades, this is literally just Sif with a different color scheme:

No Caption Provided

Wow I didn't eve think about that, but you're right. That explains why I like it minus the Baraka Woman part.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's cute how a lot of you seem to think this outfit is here to stay. It has the same chance of staying as Bunny Robot Batman and Buzzcut Bro-Superman.

"Loosened Continuity" ring a bell? Good thing too cause the outfit sucks.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF is this? I was really hoping it would be Fabok's design !

I dont like it.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh thats right, this is only because Donna Troy is trying to kill her. So most likely she'll go back to her normal uniform...man im glad i remembered that. i was getting really mad.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_ said:

I actually really like that.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its far better than Supes and Bats new look.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

oh thats right, this is only because Donna Troy is trying to kill her. So most likely she'll go back to her normal uniform...man im glad i remembered that. i was getting really mad.

It will....eventually.

The outfit just isn't good. It's not really fitting for someone who's a full blown Greek Amazon. As many have mentioned before, Fabock's design was outstanding.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man, not shoulder pads. I like the overall design, but I would take away the shoulders, the stars, and the spikes. I guessing the spikes are retractable and can serve as weapons if her sword is unavailable.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

The gauntlets look terrible. Aside from that the design looks awesome. Is anyone else amazed at the quality of Finch's art? It looks so different and even more amazing than usual

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess high 'hooker' boots are ok as long as you wear leggings under them. Donna Troy is trying to destroy Wonder Woman? I dropped out of the book after Azzarello did his hatchet job on the amazons and this isn't giving me any reason to pick it up again. I guess the spikes are a reflection of how easy it is for heroes to kill these days.

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this has a really nice look,but i do not know what to make of the spikes....but it is a good look

selfproclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its really just the spikes, weird collar and the boots that i don't really like. Other than that it its ok i guess but i hope the quality of the writing has improved. I hope in the JL Fabok's design is still used for a loooong time(i prefer it over this one) but yeah either way this one will probably not last forever. i find it ironic that only NOW people are regretting complaining about Diana's original nu52 design

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: I doubt it. I was hoping that Donna would lose the "kill the men, screw the queen " thing but .. Ugh. Also, I just realized the shoulder things ...hell NO.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao at those ridiculous gauntlets. Must have been hangin out with Shredder lately.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never picked up a WW comic before, but that new design is enough to make me want to start reading it.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I'm not sure about the skirt part, but I like the rest. :)

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty cool actually

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By SodamYat

faboks new design was one that i wish would stay forever.

this one im posting though isnt that bad either.

No Caption Provided

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah , now I can take her serious :)

GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By GODofART

I dont like the arm spikes at all or the pants but thats just me, this looks more like wonder womans cousin or niece, rather than the real wonder woman, in my opinion

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I just dont get it, if they wanted to redesign her for the sake of armor, whats wrong with these?:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#172  Edited By Teerack

Not a huge fan of the books and I wish it was short sleeves. The Star on the rib is cool.

I don't mind covering her cleavage, but I always thought WW showing off her arm muscles was cool.

No Caption Provided

The wrist blades are dumb. giving her a sword and shield she can magical summon similar to how Jason Todd is able to call out his swords would be the best idea for her. Since she is the god of war they should just made it so she can summon out the sword, spear, and shield of Ares out of thin air.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@scouterv said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@scouterv said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Why do you say that? She looks pretty Warrior to me.

That looks nothing like a warrior from her setting

She's rarely in her setting though, and you gotta admit, this says Warrior. At least in some regard, no?

What it says is "Armed Circus Clown"

^This

I don't know what circuses you guys visit, but I'd be intrigued to see it. Same as I'm intrigued by Diana's new look.

Seathdroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@scouterv said:

@outside_85 said:

@scouterv said:

@scouterv said:

She's rarely in her setting though, and you gotta admit, this says Warrior. At least in some regard, no?

^This

I don't know what circuses you guys visit, but I'd be intrigued to see it. Same as I'm intrigued by Diana's new look.

4th of July parade?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

She's the best there is at what she does.

No Caption Provided

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Oh dear God, not the INTERNET!

Oh the wasted keystrokes! The comments! The memes! The trolls!

How could they ever not stop to think what the internet had to say!?

Those fools! Those foolish fools!

As you may have guessed, I'm being sarcastic. When isn't the internet split?

Fabok's design didn't split the internet so there you go. The comic book industry is the only one I know where customers are disdained, shamed and ridiculed. Most product developers conduct surveys on the internet, process internet data, seek customer feedback but for DC Comics the internet is a pond of endless stupidity where the proverbial haters flock to trash-talk their perfect, wonderful products.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These two people are clearly brother and sister, right?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I like it! Strong AND sexy!

~MiB

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't mind it.I do like Fabok's better though.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So new Superman is Superboy and new Wonder Woman is Sif? Meh.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By donmeca2020

A little too concealed for her.... i don't think she has to have that come bang me look, but this is just too concealed for her.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, maybe a bit too american but otherwise fine. Hope the spikes are removable.

deathcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting really tired of these horrendous redesigns.

This is certainly the worst Wonder Woman concept in the last 20 years. IMO, the very best was actually what SOE did with DC Universe Online, classic, but with gold trim and some really badass armor. But that was only for the intro of the game, and the comic inspired by the game.

DonJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I didn't like the initial design of The New 52 with pants, I would prefer it 1000x over this if pants are mandatory.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@outside_85 said:

@scouterv said:

@scouterv said:

^This

4th of July parade?

Sounds like fun.

@foamborn said:

@scouterv said:

Oh dear God, not the INTERNET!

Oh the wasted keystrokes! The comments! The memes! The trolls!

How could they ever not stop to think what the internet had to say!?

Those fools! Those foolish fools!

As you may have guessed, I'm being sarcastic. When isn't the internet split?

Fabok's design didn't split the internet so there you go. The comic book industry is the only one I know where customers are disdained, shamed and ridiculed. Most product developers conduct surveys on the internet, process internet data, seek customer feedback but for DC Comics the internet is a pond of endless stupidity where the proverbial haters flock to trash-talk their perfect, wonderful products.

No product is perfect, and with all due respect to the internet, it's not like it's filled with the most rational-thinking and open-minded individuals the world has to offer. Not to say that there aren't rational and open-minded people on the internet, but the term "troll" has gained prominence for a reason.

And the customers bash companies all the time. What's to expect?

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big fan of the wrist spikes. I feel like that's used way to much as a potential weapon and i liked her better with the lasso or the sword and shield. That gripe asside though I really like the outfit!

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Looks a lot like Sif's outfit from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show. Aside from that, the wrist blades, and the little flap hanging from her waist, the outfit is fine. But why the blades? Doesn't she carry around a sword 90% of the time? And whenever she doesn't have that sword, she's packing Donna and Cassie, which is what I've decided to name her arms. They seem kind of ostentatious. In fact, why not just give her gauntlets? It would look cooler than what she has at the very least. Still, overall, it's nice.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. Nope. Lose the Wolverine blades, the sleeves, the pants, and bring back the Praetorian style battle skirt. I actually prefer Wonder Woman with a sword and shield. This just does not pop in any way. It is really sort of boring.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By MuyJingo

I'll get used to this, but I much prefer the Injustice costume.

I like this in that it keeps many classic elements and incorporates them into a mdoern design, but ultimately, to my mind, something looks off about it.

Look at this New52 Version of her costume with pants, which were removed for some reason:

No Caption Provided

With pants, she looks amazing!

What about her Injustice costume?

No Caption Provided

Her proportions are a bit off, but the costume design is amazing.

I like a lot of the elements of this costume, but I think it has problems. You can't just transition to the bathing suit costume to having her showing no skin at all. There should be a transition, and she should show either her shoulders or her legs.

The skirt flap doesn't make sense given how covered she is, and isn't practical since it serves absolutely no function.

Also, much like Superman, she shouldn't be covered in armor given how powerful she is. I think that costume would be better if they showed a bit more skin (just to show some, shes more covered than Clark is which is odd).

Something closer to this would have been perfect. I don't really like her in a skirt since I don't think any flying female super hero would wear a skirt...

No Caption Provided

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: What I think is that creators excuse their failures by blaming the "haters", they just chalk it up to hate and get away with mediocre output. I think they need to discriminate between hate and constructive criticism, take it on board and seek designers to redesign characters if they wish to attain consistently good results.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By brian88

Looks like she's joining the american gladiators. It's clear that they don't want to show any skin because they don't want people to think they're being sexist. Wonder if she's going to get a hood any time soon because heaven forbid comic fans might think of her as somewhat attractive.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@scouterv: What I think is that creators excuse their failures by blaming the "haters", they just chalk it up to hate and get away with mediocre output. I think they need to discriminate between hate and constructive criticism, take it on board and seek designers to redesign characters if they wish to attain consistently good results.

You'll never get universal praise though. You could have some amazing artist from deviantart or something give the perfect design for Wonder Woman.

Someone, somewhere will hate it.

And what about when they do something "right?" And someone still hates it. Appearances are so subjective, and something can always be improved upon and made better. I'm not saying that creators make the perfect decision all the time, because they don't. However, even when they have done a good job, there will be people that say "that sucks" for whatever reason. It's part of the game.

So what do you do when you think you've done write by what you wanted to bring to the table, but people on the internet say otherwise? Granted, constructive criticism is one thing, but it's something you can either take or leave, and you can't get mad because someone doesn't take your advice. However, sometimes there's a lot more hate than constructive criticism.

Like people here are saying "get rid of the wrist blades." That's a valid objection to make. However there are people just calling the gauntlets ugly. That's not constructive criticism.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is to much going on there, need to analyze it on my laptop screen than the small smartphone screen I'm seeing through right now. So.... for now..... NO COMMENT!!!

gkal_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spikes? Dreadful...Generally speaking, it's ok.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lose the punch dagger wrist bands and the loin cloth like pieces of fabric and we have a winner. I'd like the red to be a little more bronze but I have lived with a greek warrior running around in the american flag long enough to let it slide.

Draku28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Draku28

@saren said:

Minus the wristblades, this is literally just Sif with a different color scheme:

No Caption Provided

Holy cow, you are right there is a similarity between the two, did DC hired the same person who design Lady Sif movie outfit, or did the designer look at Lady Sif outfit and say "Let steal the design and tweak it and simply give it to Wonder Woman" .

NaveTorment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I guess it works. The gauntlets are a bit much, but this is perfect for the new-52, and reminds me of both the Injustice costume as well as the one from JLA: War. And as others have pointed out, Lady Sif. What I never had a problem with about the original costume was that it looked very Spartan and Greco-Roman and I'm glad Snyder's staying true to that in the new movie. I never had a problem with her showing skin, it was both sexy as well as a nod to her athletic roots. I like the new costume since it make sense for the story, but nothing can replace the original.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By MPfly88
No Caption Provided

This to me is much better than what we actually have. The real design looks like Wonder Woman had a psychotic mental breakdown, and is trying to wear all her outfits at once. Either that or she's wearing Superman's tights and trying to fit her armor over it.

THIS on the other hand actually looks like something Wonder Woman would wear.