• 151 results
#1 Edited by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

There's this upcoming Justice League vs Teen Titans animated movie and, lo and behold, Wonder Woman's got no qualms about swinging her sword at children now! Luckily, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree and Damien's every bit the Mary Sue as his father, but she could've cut off his head ..

No Caption Provided

One can only hope this scene didn't make the cut...

UPDATE: She's under Trigon's Mind Control (maybe)

#2 Posted by Dernman (26089 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh please don't make me defend the trash that has become of DC animated movies.

#3 Posted by notaidiotidoit (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@brunnhilde: Maybe the teen titans did some screwed up stuff or she could be under mind control.

#4 Edited by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@notaidiotidoit: They explain in the sneak peek that the Justice League want to put away Raven but the Teen Titans are one for all and all for one so they fight

#5 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League is under control of Trigon. Relax.

#6 Posted by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously?! The movie is not even finished being made and you're complaining Robin ducked a swing?

#7 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtummytumms: Is Trigon capable of mind control? is that something he does?

#8 Edited by Dernman (26089 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtummytumms: Is Trigon capable of mind control? is that something he does?

Not saying they are mind controlled but sure. I remember stories involving implanted Demon Seeds that turned the titans evil at one point.

#9 Edited by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: ok I'm gonna take your word for it, I might've jumped the gun. Can you blame me though, in Throne of Atlantis she caught a bunch of fish-people in her lariat and threw them back into the ocean, she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier

#10 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba said:

Seriously?! The movie is not even finished being made and you're complaining Robin ducked a swing?

Yes. Because she has super speed and he doesn't. Honestly i don't mind the fact that powerhouses in movies are way weaker than their comic versions. But why can't they have more balanced opponents fighting each other?. No matter how watered down the powerhouses are in cartoons and movies. They will still be far above peak human level. Starfire fighting WW would have been a far better choice.

#11 Posted by notaidiotidoit (582 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by SaintWildcard (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

No, in the scene it looks like they want to take her because Trigon is coming. So they don't trust the TT to handle the situation. COuld the be mind controlled? Maybe, but I doubt it

#13 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: That's what I thought. Trigon is coming for Raven so the Justice League wants to stash her away. Furthermore, there's a precedent for Wonder Woman acquitting herself like this

#14 Posted by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: no, I always try to look at it from the ww fans point of view when this stuff happens but this is pathetic. There is zero context here. What makes you think she was even TRYING to take his head off? What in Dianas publication history makes you think she's okay with cutting the head off a ten year old? She could be trying to fight off mind control or think the titans are mind controlled or simply holding back because she's fighting kids.

@brunnhilde: I get you can be passionate about Diana but I've found you to be pretty intelligent with your posts but going off about this at this stage was beneath you.

#15 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba said:

@agent41: no, I always try to look at it from the ww fans point of view when this stuff happens but this is pathetic. There is zero context here. What makes you think she was even TRYING to take his head off? What in Dianas publication history makes you think she's okay with cutting the head off a ten year old? She could be trying to fight off mind control or think the titans are mind controlled or simply holding back because she's fighting kids.

@brunnhilde: I get you can be passionate about Diana but I've found you to be pretty intelligent with your posts but going off about this at this stage was beneath you.

Because sadly that's what the New 52 turned her into. In many New 52 comics they portrayed her as a cold warrior, like the no cannon Flashpoint movie where she stabbed a child. In the clip, she would have cut his head off if it wasn't for the fact that he dodged the sword. Of course that Diana shouldn't be a warrior that is cold hearted. But New 52 has done more bad than good with her.

#16 Posted by SaintWildcard (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: That's what I thought. Trigon is coming for Raven so the Justice League wants to stash her away. Furthermore, there's a precedent for Wonder Woman acquitting herself like this

Possibly. YOu might hate this, but it looks like SUperman is going to be the one who's left and not mind controlled . And helping the TT save the day

#17 Posted by GrandWonder (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@brunnhilde:

Thanks for the info.

I always watch animation because of the action scenes. You only need to know the story once but you will surely replay the cool fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#18 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people don't understand sarcasm.

#19 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they are under the influence in that scene, not yet but later on they probably are. This is just the first attempt from the League to stop Trigon before he gets going.

#20 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandwonder: You're welcome, I certainly enjoy a good fighting scene, more so when Wonder Woman wields her iconic golden lasso

#21 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by SaintWildcard (21878 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: Oh well, I don't intend to watch it. I'll watch it only if someone confirms she's possessed by a demon in this scene

#24 Edited by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

Warrior Woman seems like an accurate label for Diana these days.... =/

#25 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

Warrior Woman seems like an accurate label for Diana these days.... =/

She has always been a warrior, but some writers forget there is more in Diana than the warrior side. But if the fight has context then that's fine, all the JL is fighting after all.

#26 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: What I should have said was that it feels like she's only shown as warrior in a lot of comics and the animated movies. I get the plot of the movie but still. What happened to the compassionate Diana?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

New 52 WW probably would have cut his hand off. >_>

#27 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

WTH is this

#28 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

@theexile285: I will give the New 52 one compliment. Azz WW wouldn't have cut his hands off. The best thing he did was balancing her warrior and compassionate sides, like many Pre 52 writers did. But overall, his run still isn't my cup of tea, just like the rest of what i have seen from her in the New 52.

#29 Edited by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Here, to calm all the nervous nerves out there, this is the Diana that took a swing at Damians head:

No Caption Provided

You can thank me tomorrow for the nightmares :)

#30 Posted by SaintWildcard (21878 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#31 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll actually find some way to watch this film but with the Justice League looking like they'll job inconsistently so the Titans can win at suitable points, the express mention of a 90210 soap influence and possible poor romances between Raven and Damian along with the other broken ship doesn't fill me with high hopes. To say nothing of Bat-God Jnr taking out Superman, the Chew Force must be guiding Damian in the ways of prep time.

#32 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Here, to calm all the nervous nerves out there, this is the Diana that took a swing at Damians head:

No Caption Provided

You can thank me tomorrow for the nightmares :)

Now let the complaints that Damian is an unstoppable juggernaut begin ... but seriously, even a mind controlled WW should wipe the floor with the entire TT roster ... DC is beginning to really stretch credulity with this one :)

#33 Posted by Shadowmaster91 (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85:Is it me or she looks hot and exotic in red???????????

#34 Edited by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: again, she could be fighting it.

#35 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

Now let the complaints that Damian is an unstoppable juggernaut begin ... but seriously, even a mind controlled WW should wipe the floor with the entire TT roster ... DC is beginning to really stretch credulity with this one :)

Theoretically I suppose you are right.... though you are ignoring Raven is Trigons actual daughter and not his puppet, and she could be as powerful as Diana if not more so if she gave in :)

#36 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: Looks like Trigon set Superman aside for a greater purpose 'cause he's special. And the Justice League is but a warm up for the Teen Titans, Superman's the toughest nut to crack. Mini-Batman's got this though, like father like son. Uh I'm gonna love this one

#37 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: she's never shown signs of being that powerful ... Neither has Trigon IMO ... the Olympians have always come across as vastly beyond a mere demon to me, but I freely admit I could be wrong

#38 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba: probably is but that doesn't make her 1/1000000000000 less powerful.

#39 Posted by MoSsuperman (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Trigon went toe to toe against Mr. Mxyzptlk in Injustice comic.

#40 Edited by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: no it means she's actually trying to not kill them. So she may only be fighting at 1/100000000000 of her best. However that would take away all the reason to complain wouldn't it?

#41 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

So they were controlled.

#42 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

@outside_85: she's never shown signs of being that powerful ... Neither has Trigon IMO ... the Olympians have always come across as vastly beyond a mere demon to me, but I freely admit I could be wrong

Maybe not to her fathers level, but usually when Raven goes south she usually takes down entire teams on her own in pretty short order.

Regarding Trigon vs Olympians... well thats an easy comparison to make since the Olympians are just one group of gods on one single planet, while Trigon ruled an entire universe by the age of 30. Also he was measure by the Monitor to be on the same kind of power level as that of the Sprectre.

#43 Posted by PapiNacho (3396 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol relax guys the Titans have always taken down the JL, because of plot. In fact, pre-52 Dick Grayson took down WW when he was still a Robin. I'm sure Batman wil get his ass kicked as much as the est of them will.

#44 Edited by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

So what will the next complaint be?

#45 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

Maybe not to her fathers level, but usually when Raven goes south she usually takes down entire teams on her own in pretty short order.

Regarding Trigon vs Olympians... well thats an easy comparison to make since the Olympians are just one group of gods on one single planet, while Trigon ruled an entire universe by the age of 30. Also he was measure by the Monitor to be on the same kind of power level as that of the Sprectre.

Yet a group of sidekicks managed to take him down, a lot .... Trigon is one of those threats I've always thought of as "all hype" if he was truly that powerful a handful of kids with relatively unimpressive powers taking him down seems silly to me.

@kiba said:

@csg_cl: no it means she's actually trying to not kill them. So she may only be fighting at 1/100000000000 of her best. However that would take away all the reason to complain wouldn't it?

Which means all Trigon has actually accomplished is to give her 4-eyes and red skin. I suppose if Trigon was just going for distractions this could work.

@csg_cl: Trigon went toe to toe against Mr. Mxyzptlk in Injustice comic.

Alternate universe, the same one where WW took SM apart without breaking a sweat ... Trigon also "destroyed" Ares, only to have Ares rise right back up without a scratch later.

#46 Edited by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

Yet a group of sidekicks managed to take him down, a lot .... Trigon is one of those threats I've always thought of as "all hype" if he was truly that powerful a handful of kids with relatively unimpressive powers taking him down seems silly to me.

So we are just down to lowballing then... same could be done to the Olympians, who for all their divine power usually get their faces kicked in by mere mortals and some out of town characters like Rao and Darkseid... or rather; his minions.

The reason Trigon was ever defeated was, in Battle forum terms, through a thousand years of preparation. Ares however I seem to remember dying because Diana had enough one day and gave him a viking crewcut.

#47 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

So we are just down to lowballing then... same could be done to the Olympians, who for all their divine power usually get their faces kicked in by mere mortals and some out of two characters like Rao and Darkseid... or rather; his minions.

The reason Trigon was ever defeated was, in Battle forum terms, through a thousand years of preparation. Ares however I seem to remember dying because Diana had enough one day and gave him a viking crewcut.

I'm not trying to lowball, it's just the way I see him ... I'm absolutely open to Trigon being some massively powerful being, but to be truthful I don't see the purpose for another cosmic entity in the DCU. I just don't think they've ever really depicted him as such, seriously I find it hard to take him seriously at this level when he's been beaten by a bunch of teen heroes with less than spectacular powers. I guess it boils down not particularly caring for the concept of Trigon, I just think he's something of a boring villain to be honest.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#48 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

So they were controlled.

Definitely Trigon's doing.

#49 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio