Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mitran said:

@tazzmission said:

@mitran said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@tazzmission said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I'm buff and my legs and chest are bigger than Gal Gadot's. There's a vid on youtube where some built guy says his booty is rounder than her's, but I won't go that far.

you can be buff all you want but i dont see you in any military.

And you won't either, but it's not like she did anything more than work in the mess hall.

As for her "bulking up" I don't see how she can do it in 30 days. Filming starts in February and there's not enough creatine and whey powder at GNC to make her look like Wonder Woman.

Gotta love how you make sh!t up.

i know right? he must be new to the whole actor can lose or gain weight for a role thing. i guess he also missed the part where tom hardy put on like 20 or 30 pounds of muscle for rises to play bane.

I mean about working in the mess hall. It's worse if it was supposed to be a sexist joke.

with a attitude like that he will fit right in with the rest of the anti-woman people over in the middle east seeing as he shares almost similar views.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#103 vance_astro  Moderator

@tazzmission said:

glad to see im not the only one who loved mos and is pro gal gadot. and also understands what i have stated for weeks even though it was under rude context

i think chris is a fantastic captain america honestly and see what i do is when i hear of a casting i honest to god erase any past films the actor has done from my mind and pretend that this person is just starting out and i see him or her portraying the charachter in the film im seeing. i know it sounds crazy but it gives me some satisfaction that i went into a film not knowing anything about the actors past history with his or her movie career.

Too me, Chris Evans is about as good a Captain America as Tobey Maguire was Spider-Man. He's not the BEST choice but he does well enough that it won't ruin the film. I saw his previous films but I don't think the issue is that I can't detach him from his previous work, I think "Captain America" is simply out of his range. It's amplified in the Avengers too because he's standing next to the PERFECT Thor & the PERFECT Iron Man.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: why not cast someone physically right for the role? She's beautiful like I said before but she looked EMACIATED in Fast 5. WW is an amazon close to Suoermans stature and she doesn't fit that. I don't know about your "Skinny People's Crusade" and all but I'm insulting skinny people just saying a skinny chicks not fit to be WW. If she has time to bulk up or out in 30 lbs ala Christian Bale for "American Hustle" I'm all for it but I doubt she can her frame won't allow it.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@tazzmission said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I'm buff and my legs and chest are bigger than Gal Gadot's. There's a vid on youtube where some built guy says his booty is rounder than her's, but I won't go that far.

you can be buff all you want but i dont see you in any military.

And you won't either, but it's not like she did anything more than work in the mess hall.

As for her "bulking up" I don't see how she can do it in 30 days. Filming starts in February and there's not enough creatine and whey powder at GNC to make her look like Wonder Woman.

Gotta love how you make sh!t up.

What did I make up? These pics of Gadot arriving to train are from 5 days ago. Filming starts in February, that's actually less than 30 days for her to undergo the miraculous transformation many of you insist that she'll go through. I don't think it's possible, she's just wrong for the role.

No Caption Provided

There's nothing about her posture, or the way she carries herself, that says "I'm a powerful warrior that came here to kick ass".

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: you know, some people now are saying that an actor can actually pretend to be different from what he's like in real life. I mean, it's just a rumor, but you know... maybe she could act like Wonder Woman.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, but I saw her scenes in the Fast and the Furious, she's not that good an actress.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'll just leave this here, not that any whiners will pay attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe, but I saw her scenes in the Fast and the Furious, she's not that good an actress.

She was pretty darn badass in FF. And her acting wasn't bad either.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: why not cast someone physically right for the role? She's beautiful like I said before but she looked EMACIATED in Fast 5. WW is an amazon close to Suoermans stature and she doesn't fit that. I don't know about your "Skinny People's Crusade" and all but I'm insulting skinny people just saying a skinny chicks not fit to be WW. If she has time to bulk up or out in 30 lbs ala Christian Bale for "American Hustle" I'm all for it but I doubt she can her frame won't allow it.

she was good enough for the israeli army and good enough to land the role. i think you really are confused when you try to argue what constitutes as physically right seeing as you are more worried about her frame ( wich is a look) and not her actual stunt work ( that requires actual movement).but i guess none of that matters because its the hip thing to bash anything now a days.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:
No Caption Provided

I'll just leave this here, not that any whiners will pay attention.

you forgot this also

No Caption Provided

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what would you know about being a actor ? are you one yourself because if you are you really really suck at it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Well, Christian Bale is the exception since he always has unnatural determination for a role (similar to Daniel Day-Lewis). He even gave himself a beer belly for the American Hustle (as well as an actual comb-over).

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TazzMission

@maccyd said:

@tazzmission: Well, Christian Bale is the exception since he always has unnatural determination for a role (similar to Daniel Day-Lewis). He even gave himself a beer belly for the American Hustle (as well as an actual comb-over).

true but from the interview gal gadot gave she sounds like she is really commited to the training. another actor who commits a lot of time putting into a role is tom hardy. that dude put on around i believe 30 pounds of muscle just for dark knight rises. i think in bronson he put on like 50

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he do it in 30 days?.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does it matter? its being done regardless so do me a favor and pipe down and take your meds junior

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

does it matter?

Yes! That's not enough time to "bulk up" when you start out @ a measly buck o'five.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

she was good enough for the israeli army and good enough to land the role.

I am going to point out that military service is mandatory in Israel for nearly everyone regardless of gender and we dont know if she was considered good at it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

she was good enough for the israeli army and good enough to land the role.

I am going to point out that military service is mandatory in Israel for nearly everyone regardless of gender and we dont know if she was considered good at it.

Her entry into the military was delayed by almost three years because of her pageant work. So instead of 18, she was almost 21 and was already pretty famous in her own country. Once in the army, she worked as a sports trainer of some sort. Not too sure if she was put through her paces or if she was given a "soft" job so she could continue her modeling career. I highly doubt it though -- the Israeli army is pretty tough and I don't think it would have washed over well with the general populace if she was treated with kid gloves.

What would be great is if everyone spoke more about her acting than her physical appearance.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#121  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@lykopis said:

Her entry into the military was delayed by almost three years because of her pageant work. So instead of 18, she was almost 21 and was already pretty famous in her own country. Once in the army, she worked as a sports trainer of some sort. Not too sure if she was put through her paces or if she was given a "soft" job so she could continue her modeling career. I highly doubt it though -- the Israeli army is pretty tough and I don't think it would have washed over well with the general populace if she was treated with kid gloves.

What would be great is if everyone spoke more about her acting than her physical appearance.

Pretty much... It all comes down to her acting... You wouldn't cast a plank of wood to play WW, not even if its cut in the form of a really hot woman.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Pretty much... It all comes down to her acting... You wouldn't cast a plank of wood to play WW, not even if its cut in the form of a really hot woman.

Exactly. And really, while I am gunning for her and really, really want to be proven wrong, I don't feel I am being unfair when I say her past "appearances" on film (both on the big screen and little) have left me underwhelmed. I am of the mind the role should have gone to a well established, minimum B grade female actor. Just like Batman. The comparison of Ms. Gadot to supposedly other unknowns like Henry Cavil and Chris Evans doesn't hold water because those actors are trained actors -- not pageant beauties who take acting classes between takes.

I sound harsh, but I dislike this idea you are either in one camp (hey -- she needs boobs - or she's anorexic ) or the other (you're a sexist pig). My criticism is primarily on the fact she is not a proven actor - she is a model. A model. And while many a model have made the leap to acting very successfully, expecting fans to be happy with the choice of one who hasn't made that leap is unfair in itself.

I am not passionate in my opinion but I am passionate about being made to feel as though I shouldn't voice my opinion because of supposedly being a "whiny comic-fan brat". There is a lot riding on the portrayal of this iconic, female character. I justifiably believe it's off to a rocky start. The only good thing is that the movie has been delayed so while others might be fixated on her "gaining bulk", I am hoping she can get more Drama 101 class time.

Yeah, I should go for my run. I am all annoyed now.