• 120 results
#1 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

now will people finally shut up about her size?

Fast & Furious 6 actress Gal Gadot was recently interviewed on Israeli television during which time she spoke about being cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman and her preparation for the role.

According to a translation via Batman-News, Gadot addressed the criticism that she has too slender a physique for the role: "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book'…it’d be problematic."

Gadot added, "It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regimen – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian…1,000 and 1 things…I’ll gain body mass."

Watch Gadot's full interview on Good Evening with Gai Pines below:

Batman vs. Superman starts filming in February in Detroit for a summer 2015 debut.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/26/gal-gadot-talks-wonder-woman-casting-and-prep

#2 Posted by ImagineMan16 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad she seems to be taking the role seriously

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#3 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23375 posts) - - Show Bio

The only legitimate complaint anyone can ever have is acting.

This "too skinny" argument was never valid. Everyone bulks up for roles. Everyone.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda dislike when actors defend themselves instead of understanding the criticism. The fact that she was like "jeez you guys it'll be fine" kinda gives me the impression that she isn't going to take the role seriously enough.

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

This "too skinny" argument was never valid. Everyone bulks up for roles. Everyone.

people had arguments about her not having big enough boobs and some poster here actually complained she didnt have the right eye color. im like really dude? and you wonder why it took this long to get ww onto the big screen. the only thing i ask out of snyder is dont sex her up to where it isnt wonder woman. i was fine with superman killing and i am curious to see his version of batman but just dont make ww into eye candy you know what i mean?

#6 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Also that one breast comment is annoying. Nobody cares about the history, they care about the characters in DC Comics. Modern age or no modern age you're expected to portray her correctly, it's kind of your job.

#7 Posted by the_stegman (38832 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could quote this a dozen times, because it's true. Anyone, and i mean ANYONE who is a serious actor and needs to pack on pounds, or lose it for that matter, does so for their roles. I'm far more concerned on if she can pull the role off, being the main protagonist, and keep it up for a franchise.

#8 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Also that one breast comment is annoying. Nobody cares about the history, they care about the characters in DC Comics. Modern age or no modern age you're expected to portray her correctly, it's kind of your job.

actually i like history a lot to tell you the truth. also with the whole new 52 being the big deal for dc im willing to bet this verion will be new 52 but visioned by snyder.

i hope the costume is more like an armor similar to siffs from thor and from what i hear superman will have new additions to his costume

#9 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

Was there any doubt that she'd be training for the role? There shouldn't have been.

#10 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Was there any doubt that she'd be training for the role? There shouldn't have been.

well a lot of people still hate the casting. i really do think she will amaze us and you know what if the movie sucks it sucks it wont be because of her but do to how the story is and they can just reboot it in 5 years. hiring the argo writter is a step in the right direction because fans will be out for blood if this movie ends up crap story wise.

#11 Posted by Perethorn (6174 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to hear she is bulking up. Most of the actresses that portray this kind of characters are only fit, but not bulky.

Heck, Linda Hamilton is the only actress that comes to my mind that was bulky for a role.

#12 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to hear she is bulking up. Most of the actresses that portray this kind of characters are only fit, but not bulky.

Heck, Linda Hamilton is the only actress that comes to my mind that was bulky for a role.

yummy linda hamilton. dont even get me started otherwise this will turn into a pent house thread ..................

#13 Posted by the_stegman (38832 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn said:

yummy linda hamilton. dont even get me started otherwise this will turn into a pent house thread ..................

I remember Demi Moore was ripped as hell for G.I Jane, don't know if she did it for the movie, or just for regular life though.

#14 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@perethorn said:

I remember Demi Moore was ripped as hell for G.I Jane, don't know if she did it for the movie, or just for regular life though.

last time i saw demi moore was when she was promoting the last charlie angels flick and daaaaaaaaaaamn shes a milf.

#15 Posted by the_stegman (38832 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for heraldofganthet
#16 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission:

I’ll gain body mass."

I always knew she would. Hell, doing P90X alone would get her right for that particular part of her character development. I know. Tony Horton (the creator/host of P90X) is a damn slave driver, but my abs haven't looked this good since I was in the Navy!.

She'll be fine. After all, she does still have her Krav Maga training to fall back on when it comes to the fight scenes!

#17 Edited by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet said:

@tazzmission:

I’ll gain body mass."

I always knew she would. Hell, doing P90X alone would get her right for that particular part of her character development. I know. Tony Horton (the creator/host of P90X) is a damn slave driver, but my abs haven't looked this good since I was in the Navy!.

She'll be fine. After all, she does still have her Krav Maga training to fall back on when it comes to the fight scenes!

yep. also i hope she isnt going to be like chyna from wwe and be this hulking sheman when it comes to muscle gain

No Caption Provided

#18 Edited by Dernman (24109 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll believe it when I see it.

#19 Posted by Wyrmdog (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly true, though female action stars don't always look like they've bothered (though there are also a lot of male ones that also don't bother to be fair), so I understand the sentiment. Lots of them look too soft even when they're supposed to be hardbodies, settling for attractive over truly athletic. It's still nice to see the actor trying to allay the fears. And come on, this is a Snyder movie, right? The man is a nut for that.

Thing is, it's movies and movies work visual magic. They can make her look taller, give her blue eyes, whatever. Even muscles. Also, she's super-powered so muscle definition is just illustration, not mandatory for verisimilitude. They also play with the details which means that the Wonder Woman we see won't be the Wonder Woman of the comic books, and that's to be expected. What matters most to me is that they treat the character with the same respect they treat the boys and that she's not just a footnote.

I just wish she hadn't made the historical Amazon comment. These are comic book Amazons. Not quite the same thing. Though again, the sentiment behind the comment I understand and agree with.

I'm glad to hear she's gonna be super fit for this, but I wasn't really worried.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
#20 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission:

yep. also i hope she isnt going to be like chyna from wwe and be this hulking sheman when it comes to muscle gain

No I don't think that Warner Bros. is going to allow her to take intravenous testosterone therapy the way Vince McMahon did for Chyna and looked the other way despite the health effects it had on Ms. Lauer due to the ratings he was getting at the time. I think that someone like Tanji Johnson would probably be the physique her trainers will be steering her towards instead: www.zimbio.com

Since both she and Gal are both military veterans, it makes since that her trainers could go in this direction. IMO.

#21 Posted by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyrmdog said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Mostly true, though female action stars don't always look like they've bothered (though there are also a lot of male ones that also don't bother to be fair), so I understand the sentiment. Lots of them look too soft even when they're supposed to be hardbodies, settling for attractive over truly athletic. It's still nice to see the actor trying to allay the fears. And come on, this is a Snyder movie, right? The man is a nut for that.

Thing is, it's movies and movies work visual magic. They can make her look taller, give her blue eyes, whatever. Even muscles. Also, she's super-powered so muscle definition is just illustration, not mandatory for verisimilitude. They also play with the details which means that the Wonder Woman we see won't be the Wonder Woman of the comic books, and that's to be expected. What matters most to me is that they treat the character with the same respect they treat the boys and that she's not just a footnote.

I just wish she hadn't made the historical Amazon comment. These are comic book Amazons. Not quite the same thing. Though again, the sentiment behind the comment I understand and agree with.

I'm glad to hear she's gonna be super fit for this, but I wasn't really worried.

well from what i take away from her comments is we could see wonder woman in action hence all the boxing and martial arts training plus sword fighting. maybe she plays a role during the batman superman fight herself?

#22 Edited by Wyrmdog (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyrmdog said:

@fallschirmjager said:

well from what i take away from her comments is we could see wonder woman in action hence all the boxing and martial arts training plus sword fighting. maybe she plays a role during the batman superman fight herself?

Good call. I hope you're right (you probably are), but my cynical side is still convinced she'll be an afterthought or only there to make one of the boys look awesome. I really hope for something more, but expect to be disappointed. Superheroes are just too easy to get wrong in live action, especially the girls. Some people can't even get them right in panels.

#23 Posted by lvenger (33283 posts) - - Show Bio

My major concern with Gadot is her lack of acting credentials and apprehension over whether she will be able to fully represent Wonder Woman in the film. Also Gadot saying she plans to seriously bulk up for the role is a heavy indication this might not be a cameo. Why would she put on loads of muscle weight just for a cameo appearance?

#24 Edited by lykopis (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@joygirl said:

actually i like history a lot to tell you the truth. also with the whole new 52 being the big deal for dc im willing to bet this verion will be new 52 but visioned by snyder.

i hope the costume is more like an armor similar to siffs from thor and from what i hear superman will have new additions to his costume

Uhm, not to be THAT person, but the one breast thing with Amazons has never been proven and in fact, was used more as a precautionary tactic to discourage women from running with the Amazons. I appreciate what Ms Gadot was attempting to get across but it does come off flippant, unfortunately.

As for the size of breasts critique, that annoyed me because who freaking cares - she's right. She's going to train and she'll tighten/bulk up due to that. Great. Sincerely, my concern with this actress is her acting skills.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Also Gadot saying she plans to seriously bulk up for the role is a heavy indication this might not be a cameo. Why would she put on loads of muscle weight just for a cameo appearance?

No idea on whether is merely a cameo, a smaller supporting role or a full fledged one but typically, starting up a regime and maintaining it early on is typically something actors in these situations tend to do. Why showcase a performance unprepared, despite how little a role may be? Her role could be miniscule and because of that, she may want to make the biggest impact with as little to work with!

#26 Edited by Dernman (24109 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Maybe because the possibility of a JLA or WW film in the future. Now would be the time to make her first impression. Though I'm still sceptical of the outcome.

#27 Edited by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe this has to be addressed, We all knew this was going to happen. The only issue people should have with Gal is that she is not a good actress, So lets hope they get her an acting teacher as well as a personal trainer.

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (17839 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if she is buffed up or if she remains the same for the movie.My concern with her is that I have never seen her in that big of a movie in which she shows at least some good acting skills that have impressed me.And the other thing is that she doesn't look that much like Diana or at least I can't see her.

#29 Edited by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

People will always find something to whine about. Not muscled enough, not enough acting experience etc. You don't know how she's going to do it in advance, so give her a chance already.

#30 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

Good that's one concern put to bed.

#31 Edited by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

People will always find something to whine about. Not muscled enough, not enough acting experience etc. You don't know how she's going to do it in advance, so give her a chance already.

A F'N MEN!

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#32 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

I thought it was annoying too. It reminded me that she couldn't even spell "Wonder Woman" when she first commented about getting the role on twitter. She has no idea who she's playing or what it should entail.

Apparently whoever cast her doesn't know either.

#33 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1963 posts) - - Show Bio
@fallschirmjager said:

This "too skinny" argument was never valid.

Who are you to decide which criticisms are valid? We're allowed to have our own opinions. You're free to disagree, but you can't tell us they're invalid or illegitimate because they don't line up with your own ideas.

#35 Posted by lvenger (33283 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I dunno, she sounds like she's bulking up all the weight needed for the role and if she's starting so soon, it might mean she could be playing a bigger role than expected.

@dernman Heck even some people are saying that the Batman/Superman film is going to become a Trinity film for some reason. Gadot's comments only add fuel to the fire.

#36 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I think she shouldn't have a major role, this is the first time we'll see Batman and Superman together in a live action movie so this movie should only focus on them IMO. And its a good thing she's bulking up but I still can't see her as Wonder Woman, her acting is also not that good.

#37 Posted by jphulk26 (2275 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

You know that bothered me too, because although I found it funny, is she actually researching WW the DC character. Thats what I want to know. Can she act and is she actually getting a big stack of wonder woman comics from Marston to Rucka to Simone to even Azzerrelo. Thats what she should be doing in my opinion, so she can decide what side of wonder woman she wants to portray. WW isn´t about "oh she can kick ass and is a warrior." because it seems to me thats all strong female leads are these days. She needs to actually be a character, a relatable person.

#38 Posted by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Her physical condition was never an issue to me because I knew from the beginning that she was going to get in the gym.

What ultimately matters in the end is her acting ability.

#39 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:
@scorpio_cassadine said:

@joygirl said:

I thought it was annoying too. It reminded me that she couldn't even spell "Wonder Woman" when she first commented about getting the role on twitter. She has no idea who she's playing or what it should entail.

Apparently whoever cast her doesn't know either.

A spelling mistake and an attempt at snark mean she and WB know nothing about Wonder Woman.

@scorpio_cassadine said:
@fallschirmjager said:

This "too skinny" argument was never valid.

Who are you to decide which criticisms are valid? We're allowed to have our own opinions. You're free to disagree, but you can't tell us they're invalid or illegitimate because they don't line up with your own ideas.

It's an insignificant problem given previous actors changing their bodies for roles, especially in CBMs. Complaining about it is scrabbling for a reason to criticize Gadot's Wonder Woman before Gadot even gets to portray Wonder Woman.

She was the wrong choice, she's very pretty but she looks nothing like Wonder Woman to me. Anyone that would pick her couldn't be very familiar with Wonder Woman and if they were, they're deliberately trying to reimagine the character to fit what they find attractive and that doesn't sit very well with me. Neither does her "I'm the Wonder Woman of the new world" comment, like there was something wrong with the old one.

Her statement about buying breasts for 9,000 shekels is something I wish she would do, because all the working out in the world won't increase her bust size or widen her narrow hips.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#40 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like it, she's got a beautiful face but she looked like a number 2 pencil in Fast and Furious. WW's trunks aren't supposed to sag. She can't bulk up enough to be taken seriously as an Amazon IMO.

Avatar image for divingfalcon713
#41 Edited by divingfalcon713 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Her bulking up was never the problem for me. I figured she'd do some sort of training if she was serious. The issue is that, although beautiful, her face doesn't look like WW to me. Too young looking. I think I'd like her better as Wonder Girl, but she doesn't naturally portray the regality/wisdom/authority I expect from Diana.

#42 Posted by LyraFay (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she answers every answer with eloquence and poise which reminds me of Diana. And she's right Amazons are mythical and she's a new version of Wonder Woman which this is all about, much the same way Batman and Superman are. I find all these arguments are just stupid. I look forward to see Gal as Wonder Woman.

#43 Posted by lvenger (33283 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: That's the problem with this type of film, overcrowding. Could run the risk of suffering the same mistakes Iron Man 2 went through on a possibly larger scale.

#44 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think 3 major characters are too many and I don't think Wonder Woman's role will be that big. Iron Man 2's biggest problem wasn't the amount of characters, it was the execution. People didn't seem to have trouble with LOTR and it had more.

#45 Edited by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

he hits it right on the head. i said pretty much the same

Loading Video...

also

Loading Video...

#46 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1963 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...
#47 Posted by LyraFay (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think 3 major characters are too many and I don't think Wonder Woman's role will be that big. Iron Man 3's biggest problem wasn't the amount of characters, it was the execution. People didn't seem to have trouble with LOTR and it had more.

Yes exactly. Spiderman 3 also had this same problem, it wasn't executed right.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#48 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

The more Gal Gadot/WW threads I read, the more I'm embarrassed to be a comic fan

#50 Edited by TazzMission (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I don't think 3 major characters are too many and I don't think Wonder Woman's role will be that big. Iron Man 3's biggest problem wasn't the amount of characters, it was the execution. People didn't seem to have trouble with LOTR and it had more.

Yes exactly. Spiderman 3 also had this same problem, it wasn't executed right.

unlike spiderman 3 at least snyder knows how to build a film with a group. it isnt a knock on ramie since fans wanted venom in a story wich was already written for just sandman and gobblin jr to wich sony caved and forced venom in. like singer as another example. he gave us 2 great xmen films but sucked at superman and i dont even know why people continue to hate the man with all this outrage like oh singer sucks. and for all we know he may be great with doing group hero films. same with snyder even though i think he delivered a far better superman film than singer.

the problem with fans is they say they want something they get it and it may fail and they would rather blame the director instead of themselves wether its venom or whoever in xmen or even a jla film. for years they demanded it and everyone just wigs out like omg it needs to follow the marvel formula. no it dosent. do you really think wb and dc want to spend at least 5 years just to set up one movie by bringing out solo films ?

truth is not everybody is going to be happy and besides i think people need to realize just because there idea may be great at times dosent mean any studio is going to simply bow to it. simply put my attitude is either see it or dont but if you dont than you lose all right to complain period. also the other gripe i have is people attack her now but when she blows everyone away all the haters are going to pretend like they were 100% pro gal gadot. they did it with ledger they did it with iron man so my attitude is if your bashing her now dont come back and say you were always 100% because i will call anyone out on it.