Finches to Write Wonder Woman Again... Sorta (Update- Preview)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard
No Caption Provided

The Finches are tackling Xena next. Just thought it was funny that they are tackling an other Amazon princess so soon.

Link-https://www.newsarama.com/36705-meredith-david-finch-relaunching-xena-warrior-princess.html

UPDATE- Preview

XENA #1

Writer: Meredith Finch

Art: Vicente Cifuentes

Covers: David Finch, Vicente Cifuentes

The path to redemption is never easy, and the journey of a warrior princess seeking to wash the blood of innocents from her hands is no exception. Xena travels to Athens, to plead for redemption in the temple of Eleos. But some things can never be forgiven and the shadows of past sins are long. Will Xena find redemption or betrayal waiting for her in the temple of the gods? The power, the passion, the danger… her courage would change the world. Xena: Warrior Princess.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good on her, she gets a shot at redemption

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Outside_85

Who?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets see how THIS turns out.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think she's redeemable, bless her heart. She's just not qualified or talented enough for this field.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@archizooom said:

I don't think she's redeemable, bless her heart. She's just not qualified or talented enough for this field.

I think that Finch's hands were tied by editorial, as you can see how dramatically different her first chapter was from the rest of her run (e.g. and based on her first chapter, I was so looking forward to the rest of her run); I believe that it went something like this: Finch sent in her issue, than editorial bounced it back; Finch sent another issue, editorial bounced it back; Finch went the hell with it and just threw something there way, and editorial accepted it, as it wasn't different than what editorial told here to write; to get a gauge of Meredith, I'd probably judge her more from what she wrote leading up to Wonder Woman, and what she's written since; and I think, just to do such a thing myself, I'll take a look at her Xena: Warrior Princess stuff.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: I feel bad for Meredith, you shouldn't cut your teeth on Wonder Woman, it's a tough nut to crack plus some would say she had a tough act to follow (I know you disagree), she also channeled Superman/Wonder Woman, t'was a perfect storm

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
@scorpio_cassadine said:
@archizooom said:

I think that Finch's hands were tied by editorial, as you can see how dramatically different her first chapter was from the rest of her run (e.g. and based on her first chapter, I was so looking forward to the rest of her run); I believe that it went something like this: Finch sent in her issue, than editorial bounced it back; Finch sent another issue, editorial bounced it back; Finch went the hell with it and just threw something there way, and editorial accepted it, as it wasn't different than what editorial told here to write; to get a gauge of Meredith, I'd probably judge her more from what she wrote leading up to Wonder Woman, and what she's written since; and I think, just to do such a thing myself, I'll take a look at her Xena: Warrior Princess stuff.

Well I'll have to wait on your review. I already gave her a chance and let problems with her first arc like "vegetative injustice" slide. Then I defended her second, but by the third when the Donna Troy stuff went nowhere, I was done.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
@scorpio_cassadine said:
@archizooom said:

Well I'll have to wait on your review. I already gave her a chance and let problems with her first arc like "vegetative injustice" slide. Then I defended her second, but by the third when the Donna Troy stuff went nowhere, I was done.

I'll review her Xena run right here, than.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@dshipp17: Cool thanks

But, I also just found out shortly after my last post that this wont take place until starting February 2018, a long way away; by than, I may have literally experienced a couple of life events, as I have several things currently taking place like in my employment case.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<p> This is interesting! Considering that DC has forced so much Zena onto Wonder Woman, perhaps we'll see some Wonder Woman rubb off on Zena?</p>

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Super-Wonder

@agent41: After Xena, DC started to mold her into a more Warrior like character embracing more spartan like behavior, rather than a super hero, to make her "cool", eventually fitting here with a battle skirt, sword and shield.

Johns had her walking through walls like a barbarian in early issues of JL in the n52

She now looks more like Xena now than she does a traditional Wonder Woman.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
@scorpio_cassadine said:

But, I also just found out shortly after my last post that this wont take place until starting February 2018, a long way away; by than, I may have literally experienced a couple of life events, as I have several things currently taking place like in my employment case.

I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors and lots and lots of money.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:
@dshipp17 said:
@scorpio_cassadine said:

I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors and lots and lots of money.

Thank you for the best wishes; while the money will be good, I'm more looking forward to being back in the laboratory again; and, because of the length of time that's transpired, just the back pay that I would be entitled to is very good compared to any payment that a federal or public employee could ever get in way of monetary compensation. But, unfortunately, the legal process in the administrative agencies and courts aren't always as honorable as they are given credit for, meaning they're more likely to be looking for another way to screw me over again (e.g. and, usually, that's avoiding actually making a decision that involves balancing all of the important elements of my case, since they're all mostly favorable to me; in a situation were I was an applicant to this same federal agency, the EEOC seemingly did that, except they also placed me in a position where I'm headed for the court and circuit that has the most Democratic judges, and, believe or not, it's actually not the Ninth Circuit this time, even though that's where I'm fighting to get back to in my main case; I'm just hoping for a just result from the Supreme Court, as they just made one in one case that I'm relying on to get me over that initial hurtle, where the Supreme Court ruled in someone's else's favor in a similar case as mine back on June 23, where it was a question of district court jurisdiction and the involvement of a settlement agreement).

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I feel sorry for Xena fans though I guess they're use to it considering that last few seasons.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Actually I heard through the grapevine her book Rose is not bad at all, the reviews are good, for all that's worth

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12