Could we see Superwoman as a DCEU villain in the future?

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This bad girl may just be the feminine villain that Wonder Woman needs in the DCEU. She represents the opposite of everything Wonder Woman stands for like no other and she is virtually Wonder Woman's equal. If WB ever decides to set a movie in modern times then this definitely one villain that should be considered in that setting. With the proper script, Superwoman could easily be one of the most loved villains in superhero films to date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since Wonder Womans movie are doing great it wouldn't be a bad idea for WB to release more of her movies. It would help DCEU in general as well, as DCEU, in general, is doing really bad.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Justice League would've been much better if they used the Crime Syndicate and had a different plot

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should just do the legion of Doom the concept of another earth or other realities is to to hard for the shit writers at DC to handle

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Sort of. If we bring more characters in a crossover with her, it can help develop a following for them. Thats how characters become popular *with an exception to Guy Garder*.

mobriladigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This bad girl may just be the feminine villain that Wonder Woman needs in the DCEU. AudacityFind My iPhoneOrigin She represents the opposite of everything Wonder Woman stands for like no other and she is virtually Wonder Woman's equal. If WB ever decides to set a movie in modern times then this definitely one villain that should be considered in that setting. With the proper script, Superwoman could easily be one of the most loved villains in superhero films to date.

Since Wonder Womans motion picture are doing awesome it wouldn't be a terrible thought for WB to discharge a greater amount of her motion pictures. It would help DCEU when all is said in done too, as DCEU, by and large, is doing extremely terrible.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

You pretty much had her in Faora save in the name.

Secondly, no, dont use her in Diana's movies, she has enough powerful female adversaries that she doesn't need to pinch the likes of Superwoman or others that only show up during League-stories. Plus you have to explain the bizarre concept of the DC Multiverse to the viewers along with who and what Superwoman is... which is something comics also tend to be pretty poor at.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I was more so poking at the idea that she would be a side villain for a main villain but I understand where you're coming from and why it wouldn't work. It would be hard to explain why you have Superwoman in the DCEU and not the rest of the Crime Syndicate. A multiverse storyline would earn the DCEU great success but unfortunately it would do terribly considering how WB/DC operates as of now.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I was more so poking at the idea that she would be a side villain for a main villain but I understand where you're coming from and why it wouldn't work. It would be hard to explain why you have Superwoman in the DCEU and not the rest of the Crime Syndicate. A multiverse storyline would earn the DCEU great success but unfortunately it would do terribly considering how WB/DC operates as of now.

To be honest if they did a Multiverse story in the DCEU or any movie for that matter, I would actually hope they didn't use 'Superwoman' and instead made an evil Wonder Woman for the team that made more sense... like calling her Olympia, Shim-Tar, Artemis or something instead of the Lois Lane/Superwoman thing, which I think is being maintained mostly out of tradition.

I may be nidpicking, but generally it does annoy me that with respect to the CSA that you have his evil bunch of Leaguers and pretty much everyone has an original name and backstory, while the Wonder Woman stand in just moves into someone elses identity and pretty much looses all resemblance to the character she was supposed to mirror. So I don't know, maybe I would hope that a later appearance of Superwoman has it revealed that she is the Earth-3 Lois Lane and her powers are a result of something Ultraman did or she did to herself and the actual Dark Wondy is somewhere else.
Actually wouldn't that be great if you had that kind of story where you have the CSA and the Dark Wonder Woman appears and kicks the crap out of any of them that offers her any lip? (and possibly killing Superwoman since she is most likely to get physical with her).

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@outside_85: @ That something that has bothered me too. Why Crime Syndicate doesn't have evil Wonder Woman as the main member. Another case of DC not giving a damn about Wonder Woman

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg: @outside_85: Yeah DC clearly wasn't thinking when creating Superwoman. Superwoman is suppose to be Wonder Woman when it is just a kryptonian Lois Lane with a lasso. IMO what they should've done was make Superwoman a evil version of Diana with powers based on chaos or dark magic from different gods. I feel like we had that with Grail but I didn't care much for her since they dropped the ball with her.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruh...the better question is will the DCEU survive the next 5 years smh

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

Why not?

Q: Who are the top 2 greatest and biggest names in DC comics?

A: Batman and Superman

Q2: Who are the two heroes in the DCEU that lost their respective actors just recently?

A2: Batman and Superman

lol

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@agent41 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:
@agent41 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

Why not?

Q2: Who are the two heroes in the DCEU that lost their respective actors just recently?

lol

Wonder Woman and Raven.

hahaha I guess you got me there XD

Anyway. It was about time they learned that you can't build a franchise like the MCU with only 2 characters. Every character should get the chance to shine. Wonder Woman is part of DC trinity, but i bet many wouldn't have imagined that she would be the one rceiving more praise and success in the DCEU than the other 2. But it serves as a great example that bm and sm aren't the only characters in DC that can carry their own films.

I completely agree. I think the reason WW succeeded so well is because not only was it the first film that catered to a often over looked demographic of Comicbook fans, but also just like Patty Jenkins said; It took a lot of it's inspiration from the Classic Superman movies. Something Man of Steel should've adopted. I felt like Zack Snyder only really cared for Superman, which is why MoS was such a great film but BvS/JL seemed a little half assed.

The reason I made the statement earlier was because I just kind of feel cheated as a huge Batman and Superman fan, that not only has WB cut ties with the actor of Superman (that in my opinion is the greatest casting for Superman ever) who's literally in the middle of the DCEU intro scene. but they also cheated the fans out of a worthwhile uniting of the Trinity by introducing Batman and Wonder Woman as side characters to Superman. I feel like there were a million ways to make the DCEU successful from the get go and whatever Zack Snyder did was not one of them

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

Why not?

lol

There is only a report that WB is ready to move away from Cavill and Affleck, but for the time being Cavill has one movie left in his contract as Superman and no one has come forth and said it's over.

@geraldofvengerberg: @outside_85: Yeah DC clearly wasn't thinking when creating Superwoman. Superwoman is suppose to be Wonder Woman when it is just a kryptonian Lois Lane with a lasso. IMO what they should've done was make Superwoman a evil version of Diana with powers based on chaos or dark magic from different gods. I feel like we had that with Grail but I didn't care much for her since they dropped the ball with her.

Didn't care for Grail either, she was just a case of 'trying too hard'. Johns bent continuity over backwards to explain her existence, and the design was over the top.

But you raise and interesting question: What is the twisted mirror of Diana on Earth-3 and how many changes has she and her world seen?

Like if we take Morrisons Earth-2 story, you have someone like Ultraman who was once human, shot into space and came back 'Ultra' as long as he remains within some proximity to a glowing rock. And you have Owlman, pretty settled to be a Thomas Wayne Jr who's dead on the real Earth, and is pretty much the Midnighter in all but name and sexual orientation. With a dark Wonder Woman, do you go like Ultraman and say she was an explorer-type who stumbled onto the Amazons and was sacrificed as a vessle for a dark power? Making her similar to Enchantress. Was she always an Amazon and instead came as an invading warlord? Ala Kingdom Come/Injustice and other versions who are more forceful about her desire to change the world. Or is she basically just Circe, who uses her vast powers for petty and selfish pursuits?

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@outside_85: or maybe a female version of Ares. Ares is the opposite of Diana and Amazons.

Or Ares successfully convinces Diana into giving up the Amazonian code and become his protege. Meanwhile, Cheetah discovers Paradise Island and Amazons make her their Champion.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Outside_85

@outside_85: or maybe a female version of Ares. Ares is the opposite of Diana and Amazons.

Or Ares successfully convinces Diana into giving up the Amazonian code and become his protege. Meanwhile, Cheetah discovers Paradise Island and Amazons make her their Champion.

Could be. But since most things tend to be backwards on E3, I doubt the Amazons are any better going from being Ares' people or still adversaries but at their opposite ends... like Ares, God of Peace. You are right however that since Diana is twisted on E3, so will her enemies... so Barbara is adored by her benevolent plantgod... unfrotunately most of these E3 stories sort of always go with the idea that the CSA are the only ones left and everyone else has been killed off.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: oh is that what's going on? From what I heard there was a huge scare last month that Cavil is done, but he confirmed through instagram that he isn't. Then a couple of weeks ago those reports were confirmed and he didn't say anything or post anything regarding it. Ben Affleck said he wants to come back around that same time, but recently there was this story about how he wants to focus on his family life which I can't possibly be angry about lol

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she's hot so yes 🙂

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers