Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kingjohnrocks

TO BE COMPLETED

This is a thread of respect for Lord Voldemort/tom Riddle.

So over the past for weeks on comicvine I have seen SO MUCH hate and disrespect for Harry Potter, Voldemort in particular. People have gone so far to actually say Voldemort would die to a teenager with a shotgun. People have gone so far to say Voldemort would die to a fox or a wolf or a bear. People have gone so far to say that a addict like Tony Montana would kill Voldemort. Well guess what? Im sick of it. I think it's time to make it clear that Voldemort can decimate armies, and wouldn't fail to a teen with a shotgun. Let's peek through Voldemort's feats one by one.

Curses:

Voldemort has mastered a wide variety of Curses in in Harry Potter, a wide variety of spells, Transfiguration, etc and has gone so far to not have to speak when using Avada Kedavra or other curses

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore

Taken from - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Chapter 36

He has used Crucio as an accomplished way to easily stun someone. Rowling describes the pain of Crucio feeling like their bones were on fire, in fact their bones WERE on fire, and even brung someone near death begging for air with Crucio. Rowling was clear that Crucio sets the bones on fire metaphorically.

At the mention of Dumbledore's name, the members of the circle stirred, and some muttered and shook their heads. Voldemort ignored them.

"It is a disappointment to me...I confess myself disappointed...."

One of the men suddenly flung himself forward, breaking the circle. Trembling from head to foot, he collapsed at Voldemort's feet.

"Master!" he shrieked, "Master, forgive me! Forgive us all!"

Voldemort began to laugh. He raised his wand.

"Crucio!"

The Death Eater on the ground writhed and shrieked; Harry was sure the sound must carry to the houses around....Let the police come, he thought desperately...anyone...anything...

Voldemort raised his wand. The tortured Death Eater lay flat upon the ground, gasping

- Taken From: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Voldemort moved slowly forward and turned to face Harry. He raised his wand.

"Crucio!"

It was pain beyond anything Harry had ever experienced; his very bones were on fire; his head was surely splitting along his scar; his eyes were rolling madly in his head; he wanted it to end...to black out...to die...

With one word, Voldemort can kill someone/set their bones onto fire. That is power, that is faster then a teenager with a shotgun.

Voldemort has also mastered all 3 unforgiveable curses which is Crucio, Imperio, and Avada Kedavra. Let's move on to wandless/wordless magic, then the reflexes and teleportation.

Wandless/wordless magic

Voldemort is a master at wandless and wordless magic. He has multiple curses and lethal assaults that will be shown here for the FIRST TIME on Comicvine. Let us get to it, shall we?

Voldemort's mere finger sends Harry Potter into pain

Voldemort raised one of his long white fingers and put it very close to Harry's cheek.

"His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice....This is old magic, I should have remembered it, I was foolish to overlook it...but no matter. I can touch him now."

Harry felt the cold tip of the long white finger touch him, and thought his head would burst with the pain. Voldemort laughed softly in his ear, then took the finger away and continued addressing the Death Eaters.

Voldemort admits his own wordless/wandless curse hit him 7 fold, yet he survived, less then a spirit, nor a ghost, but he lived:

"I miscalculated, my friends, I admit it. My curse was deflected by the woman's foolish sacrifice, and it rebounded upon myself. Aaah...pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost...but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know...I, who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. You know my goal - to conquer death. And now, I was tested, and it appeared that one or more of my experiments had worked...for I had not been killed, though the curse should have done it. Nevertheless, I was as powerless as the weakest creature alive, and without the means to help myself...for I had no body, and every spell that might have helped me required the use of a wand....

"I remember only forcing myself, sleeplessly, endlessly, second by second, to exist....I settled in a faraway place, in a forest, and I waited....Surely, one of my faithful Death Eaters would try and find me...one of them would come and perform the magic I could not, to restore me to a body..., but I waited in vain.

Voldemort has used wandless magic multiple times. Take for one when with the wave of his hand he knocked down Harry Potter, but we'll go to a couple other instences before that.

1:46 wordlessly, without a spell, he makes Harry Potter bow to his feet in pain. Saying the word "Bow" isn't a spell.

1:51 He wandlessly knocks Harry Potter down to his feet with his hand.

2:08, wandlessly and wordlessly he uses his hand and deflects Expellimarus with it (I can't think of any other Wizard but Dumbledore who can deflect spells with his bare hand)

2:43 He wandlessly levitates harry's body (a mental spell) making him get up.

2:46 Without a word he casts Avada Kedavra, the instant killing curse.

0:12 Voldemort pushes the Giant's body, wandlessly, with his hand

0:06 Wandlessly disarms Harry..I would see no problem with Voldemort waving his hand, and if Harry had a gun disarming him of that,

Voldemort, without a word and wandlessly transfigures Dumbledore's fire rope into a snake:

Dumbledore had drawn back his wand and waved it as though brandishing a whip. A long thin flame flew from the tip; it wrapped itself around Voldemort, shield and all. For a moment, it seemed Dumbledore had won, but then the fiery rope became a serpent, which relinquished its hold on Voldemort at once and turned, hissing furiously, to face Dumbledore.

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 36

Teleportation/reflexes

Voldemort is a master at teleportation and can teleport at instant and thought, he also has very good reflexes such as casting spells without speaking, waving his hand and disarming/knocking someone down, etc.

As a spell is speeding at instant, Voldemort conjures a silver shield before it kills him. The spell, even though it was forceful, caused no damage to the shield

Dumbledore flicked his own wand: the force of the spell that emanated from it was such that Harry, though shielded by his golden guard, felt his hair stand on end as it passed and this time Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of thin air to deflect it. The spell, whatever it was, caused no visible damage to the shield, though a deep, gong-like note reverberated from it--an oddly chilling sound.

Voldemort has the speed to react to teleporters that go at instant and at second:

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak. Next second, he had reappeared behind Voldemort and waved his wand towards the remnants of the fountain. The other statues sprang to life.

Dumbledore was not fast enough to react to Voldemort's avada kedavra, so a centaur took the hit instead of Dumbledore:

Another jet of green light flew from behind the silver shield. This time it was the one-armed centaur, galloping in front of Dumbledore, that took the blast and shattered into a hundred pieces,

Voldemort teleports and then strikes at Dumbledore instantly if it hadn't been for the Fawkes the Curse would have killed Dumbledore, due to him being occupied by the snake :

Voldemort vanished; the snake reared from the floor, ready to strike--

There was a burst of flame in midair above Dumbledore just as Voldemort reappeared, standing on the plinth in the middle of the pool where so recently the five statues had stood.

'Look out!' Harry yelled.

But even as he shouted, another jet of green light flew at Dumbledore from Voldemort's wand and the snake struck--

Fawkes swooped down in front of Dumbledore, opened his beak wide and swallowed the jet of green light whole: he burst into flame and fell to the floor, small, wrinkled and flightless. At the same moment, Dumbledore brandished his wand in one long, fluid movement--the snake, which had been an instant from sinking its fangs into him, flew high into the air and vanished in a wisp of dark smoke; and the water in the pool rose up and covered Voldemort like a cocoon of molten glass.

Voldemort had incredible reflexes in this battle, and he also destroyed a large, big window and controlled the shards of glass accordingly:

1:42 Voldemort destroys a window with a giant scream and sends the shards to Dumbledore, if he hadn't put up his transfiguration shield, he would have been killed.

Possession:

Voldemort is a master of possession, and once possessed Harry:

He was gone from the hall, he was locked in the coils of a creature with red eyes, so tightly bound that Harry did not know where his body ended and the creatures began: they were fused together, bound by pain, and there was no escape--

And when the creature spoke, it used Harry's mouth, so that in his agony he felt his jaw move ...

'Kill me now, Dumbledore ...'

Blinded and dying, every part of him screaming for release, Harry felt the creature use him again ...

'If death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy ...'

Let the pain stop, thought Harry ... let him kill us ... end it, Dumbledore ... death is nothing compared to this ...

And I'll see Sirius again ...

And as Harry's heart filled with emotion, the creatures coils loosened, the pain was gone; Harry was lying face down on the floor, his glasses gone, shivering as though he lay upon ice, not wood ...

Voldemort mentioned as his own curse effected him, he only had one power, possession:

Only one power remained to me. I could possess the bodies of others. But I dared not go where other humans were plentiful, for I knew that the Aurors were still abroad and searching for me.

I sometimes inhabited animals - snakes, of course, being my preference - but I was little better off inside them than as pure spirit, for their bodies were ill adapted to perform magic...and my possession of them shortened their lives; none of them lasted long....

Voldemort's legilimency also aids him in possession, he is also an accomplished Occlumens.

Transfiguration:

Voldemort is a master of Transfiguration and has transfigured a rope into a fiery snake, that looks like Fiendfyre.

A long thin flame flew from the tip; it wrapped itself around Voldemort, shield and all. For a moment, it seemed Dumbledore had won, but then the fiery rope became a serpent, which relinquished its hold on Voldemort at once and turned, hissing furiously, to face Dumbledore.

Voldemort vanished; the snake reared from the floor, ready to strike--

There was a burst of flame in midair above Dumbledore just as Voldemort reappeared, standing on the plinth in the middle of the pool where so recently the five statues had stood.

Legilimency:

Snape mentions Voldemort being extremely skilled at it:

Snape looked back at him for a moment and then said contemptuously, 'Surely even you could have worked that out by now, Potter? The Dark Lord is highly skilled at Legilimency --'

'What's that? Sir?'

'It is the ability to extract feelings and memories from another person's mind--'

'He can read minds?' said Harry quickly, his worst fears confirmed.

'You have no subtlety, Potter,' said Snape, his dark eyes glittering. 'You do not understand fine distinctions. It is one of the shortcomings that makes you such a lamentable potion-maker.'

Snape paused for a moment, apparently to savour the pleasure of insulting Harry, before continuing.

'Only Muggles talk of "mind-reading". The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader, the mind is a complex and many-layered thing, Potter-- or at least, most minds are.' He smirked. 'It is true, however, that those who have mastered Legilimency are able, under certain conditions, to delve into the minds of their victims and to interpret their findings correctly. The Dark Lord, for instance, almost always knows when somebody is lying to him.

This is all so far. So here's my point on Voldemort, he's not some weak being. He is a quick man with horcruxes who can do many things, many things I am still searching for. So comment accordingly and be nice, please.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

What do all of you think?

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rolldestroyer

great thread! people underestimate him here so i think it's good that you made a respect thread for him, and i actually think that movie voldemort is more powerful than the book version.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@rolldestroyer said:

great thread! people underestimate him here so i think it's good that you made a respect thread for him, and i actually think that movie voldemort is more powerful than the book version.

I'd say they are a bit equal.. I could argue that Movie Voldemort could win against Book voldemort, but Book Voldemort teleports much more then Movie voldemort, so I think it'd probably be a stalemate.

Anyway, thanks for enjoying my thread.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Mucklefluga

@Kingjohnrocks: Awesome thread dude, you seem to have put a LOT of effort into it!

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Mucklefluga said:

@Kingjohnrocks: Awesome thread dude, you seem to have put a LOT of effort into it!

Thank you.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Kingjohnrocks: Awesome Respect Thread!

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks said:

What do all of you think?

How dare you forget me :(

very well made btw..

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

@Kingjohnrocks: Nice! I think you covered all the bases pretty well.

Now all must kneel before he who must not be named!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ShootingNova

@Kingjohnrocks: Nice, but sometimes you've forgotten to cite the source.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks: Again, I think I told I'd give some critic help, too. So here's it as promised:

1. As we discussed, mastering "every curse in harry potter" is really a very, very daring shot. For one, we've been told by lupin that sectumsempra is snape's iconic curse, and I find it very unlikely that it's in voldemort's arsenal. (He neither has the potion book handy, nor he has any spell copy feats, and learning from his subordinates is way too out of character for him). Lupin also mentioned that the spells came and went out of fashion, so saying he has mastered every curse in every era is too daring.. (like the babbity's unnamed pain inflicting curse, I'd say he wouldn't bother doing that as he already has crucio) I think saying "He has mastered a wide variety of spells" should be enough.. no need to make him nigh invincible God of HP verse.. just keep him where he is..

2. I'd not say crucio actually "sets bones on fire", it looks like more of an expression to show extreme pain.. as it also says "his head was splitting open across scar", which we know didn't happen. Crucio has also been expressed as "white-hot knives were piercing every inch of his skin" which, again, we know didn't happen, nor it is consistent for a curse to cause different effect. rolling has frequently used such expressions for extreme pain.

3. The scene where he touches harry's head and causes his scar to pain, If I am correct, is not connected to any magic. It's about harry and voldemort's relationship. We know harry has been feeling insane amount of pain whenever tom was around, or feeling strong feelings. Similar effect was shown when harry was touched by Quirinus as well, at the time when voldemort was on the back of his head, controlling him. Also, why I'm saying it's not affecting others in the same way is, when they first arrived at the graveyard by cup portkey, harry was practically overwhelmed by pain, because of physical presence of voldemort, yet diggory was perfectly fine. Rolling really stressed on the relation between harry and voldemort at that time..I think neon and nova would agree as well.. . What do you guys think about this point. (One before your names?)

Also, I don't remember being disarmed in the fight against dumbledore, IIRC, he still had his wand..

4.The rebounded curse was NOT wandless. That one is entirely wrong, please edit it out. Take my word, surely it was a spell with wand. Tbh, I'm not very convinced that voldemort can do endless magic, sure he had done so as a child, but as said by Mr. weasley (and maybe someone else before that), it doesn't work like that after they have trained.. It was shown once by harry in case of extreme anger though(Marge Aunt) Movie ones can, hands down.

5. Though voldemort has shown possession very well before, I'd say the time he possessed harry was more through their special link, that was why Dumbledore made harry take the lessons and kept telling him to close his mind, again and again. Snape also mentioned that harry and his connection made the possession

6.Legiliminecy: I think it was only about mind reading, not mind control/possession.. snape even mentioned something like he read the mind, then developed visions specifically to torture people.. It's certainly used as aid, but not directly related. Of course, I could be wrong. Nor I'm very sure of voldemort's occlumency.. It's something I've always wondered.

7. Fiendfyre: I have absolutely no idea how you worked this one. Only time fiendfyre is even mentioned is crabbe using it. I've never before seen anyone mention it.

8. At the time that one armed statue took the blow, Dumbledore was walking down the hallway like a boss, he didn't even bother erecting a shield. He was controlling the statued, I think, as they were doing exactly what he wanted, one pinned harry, one pinned bellatrix, and I'd say he sacrificed one for style lol. I mean, he'd not go walking down the path, without any shield, wand kept back, without some defense plan.. He's awesome, not an idiot to go guardless.. Same again, he takes care of snake while fawkes guards him, it's like a classic summoning contest.. Voldemort using his snake to attack, dumbledore's fawkes guarding him..

9. I think you should mention a bit about Horcruxes and their relation with voldemort.. And they have to be damaged beyond magical repair.

Note these points a bit, and you'll get a first class voldemort guide. :D

That's all for now.. I'll get back when I find something interesting.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks: Btw, Lord Voldemort is very happy about your efforts on his respect thread:

He's dancing:

He's singing:

He's so happy that they released his new solo early:

Sorry I owe these videos a lot of laugh (specially the third one) and was just waiting for a thread to share them. Enjoy XD

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Good thread Idea, I will admit many people will sometimes let their HP hating bias cloud their judgement in battles involving him.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Rumble Man

@The Stegman said:

Good thread Idea, I will admit many people will sometimes let their HP hating bias cloud their judgement in battles involving him.

I am inclined to have a Voldy vs Ahzek Ahriman

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Kingjohnrocks: Again, I think I told I'd give some critic help, too. So here's it as promised:

1. As we discussed, mastering "every curse in harry potter" is really a very, very daring shot. For one, we've been told by lupin that sectumsempra is snape's iconic curse, and I find it very unlikely that it's in voldemort's arsenal. (He neither has the potion book handy, nor he has any spell copy feats, and learning from his subordinates is way too out of character for him). Lupin also mentioned that the spells came and went out of fashion, so saying he has mastered every curse in every era is too daring.. (like the babbity's unnamed pain inflicting curse, I'd say he wouldn't bother doing that as he already has crucio) I think saying "He has mastered a wide variety of spells" should be enough.. no need to make him nigh invincible God of HP verse.. just keep him where he is..

2. I'd not say crucio actually "sets bones on fire", it looks like more of an expression to show extreme pain.. as it also says "his head was splitting open across scar", which we know didn't happen. Crucio has also been expressed as "white-hot knives were piercing every inch of his skin" which, again, we know didn't happen, nor it is consistent for a curse to cause different effect. rolling has frequently used such expressions for extreme pain.

3. The scene where he touches harry's head and causes his scar to pain, If I am correct, is not connected to any magic. It's about harry and voldemort's relationship. We know harry has been feeling insane amount of pain whenever tom was around, or feeling strong feelings. Similar effect was shown when harry was touched by Quirinus as well, at the time when voldemort was on the back of his head, controlling him. Also, why I'm saying it's not affecting others in the same way is, when they first arrived at the graveyard by cup portkey, harry was practically overwhelmed by pain, because of physical presence of voldemort, yet diggory was perfectly fine. Rolling really stressed on the relation between harry and voldemort at that time..I think neon and nova would agree as well.. . What do you guys think about this point. (One before your names?)

Also, I don't remember being disarmed in the fight against dumbledore, IIRC, he still had his wand..

4.The rebounded curse was NOT wandless. That one is entirely wrong, please edit it out. Take my word, surely it was a spell with wand. Tbh, I'm not very convinced that voldemort can do endless magic, sure he had done so as a child, but as said by Mr. weasley (and maybe someone else before that), it doesn't work like that after they have trained.. It was shown once by harry in case of extreme anger though(Marge Aunt) Movie ones can, hands down.

5. Though voldemort has shown possession very well before, I'd say the time he possessed harry was more through their special link, that was why Dumbledore made harry take the lessons and kept telling him to close his mind, again and again. Snape also mentioned that harry and his connection made the possession

6.Legiliminecy: I think it was only about mind reading, not mind control/possession.. snape even mentioned something like he read the mind, then developed visions specifically to torture people.. It's certainly used as aid, but not directly related. Of course, I could be wrong. Nor I'm very sure of voldemort's occlumency.. It's something I've always wondered.

7. Fiendfyre: I have absolutely no idea how you worked this one. Only time fiendfyre is even mentioned is crabbe using it. I've never before seen anyone mention it.

8. At the time that one armed statue took the blow, Dumbledore was walking down the hallway like a boss, he didn't even bother erecting a shield. He was controlling the statued, I think, as they were doing exactly what he wanted, one pinned harry, one pinned bellatrix, and I'd say he sacrificed one for style lol. I mean, he'd not go walking down the path, without any shield, wand kept back, without some defense plan.. He's awesome, not an idiot to go guardless.. Same again, he takes care of snake while fawkes guards him, it's like a classic summoning contest.. Voldemort using his snake to attack, dumbledore's fawkes guarding him..

9. I think you should mention a bit about Horcruxes and their relation with voldemort.. And they have to be damaged beyond magical repair.

Note these points a bit, and you'll get a first class voldemort guide. :D

That's all for now.. I'll get back when I find something interesting.

Anymore other lowballing of Harry Potter? Im honestly getting sick of it. I put hard work and dedication (and I appreciate your criticism) but you can't help but lowball it. You wouldn't be doing this on a Gandalf respect thread.

Voldemort can use Fiendfyre, Fiendfyre is a fiery snake which Voldemort used when he transfigured Dumbledore's whip into a snake. Voldemort also used Fiendfyre in his duel with Voldemort, like I just mentioned-BOOK AND MOVIE.

As for Legilimency, high practioneers of it can use it agressively. There's no denying that. Plus, Voldemort has imperio

Only thing I can agree with in your post is Horcruxes, once I can find a quote explaining Horcruxes I will.

Sure Voldemort has possessed Harry. Snape only said their telepathic connection was a special relationship, NOT because of possession. Also, Voldemort has possessed Snakes, etc etc. He has said it multiple times, do not lowball it.

I never said Avada Kedavra (rebounded curse) was wandless? That is not even apart of the Wandless spell (which Voldemort used multiple times) Avada Kedavra requires a wand, but Voldemort does not need to speak it.

Of course Crucio is extreme pain. It''s a metaphor.

Of course Dumbledore is awesome/epic, I, even with my knowledge, am very vague on Dumbledore's power. I know he can do wandless magic, Magic without speach, but only AGRESSIVE spells I've seen him do is Expelliarmus (which is made to disarm) Fire, and a hydrokenetic spell that he used to try to suffocate Voldemort. Voldemort's power is less vague, so if you can do a Dumbledore respect thread that'd be great. I will NOT do a respect thread for Harry Potter himself. Alot of PIS with him

I think Dumbledore tried to get Harry to close him mind because of the imperio curse. It IS unknown if Occlumency defends against that, so that will be in the HP book of mysteries.

I have sources to back up what I say, and I think it's kinda bad when you try to lowball it to death.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By JimTheSurfer

You've put great effort into this thread. Now I'm convinced, that a guy with a shotgun couldn't kill him... But how about a man with a AK-47?

Just kidding... xD

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks:

Your thread is about voldemort, if you didn't notice. Why would I be lowballing harry potter? And everything I have said is not going to change result of any of the battles voldemort has put on, I'm just explaining the things that sound technically flawed. I have already congratulated you on your hard work and dedication. I'm not saying you didn't, and am helping you to keep your thread free of mistakes. As I said, I'd have made a HP wizard respect thread myself. But you seemed more into it than I do, so I am pointing out to what seems wrong.

1. Fiendfyre : Fiendfyre is not some ordinary flame looking transfigured to look like an animal, it's a spell powerful enough damage horcruxes for God's sake. There is no proof whatsoever that what voldemort was using was fiendfyre. Otherwise, harry would have at least recognised it when crabbe used it. "It was not normal fire; Crabbe had used a curse of which Harry had no knowledge" harry potter 7, page 631, chapter 31. He hadn't seen it before. I am not saying voldemort may not be able to use it, I'm saying he hasn't used it.

2. I'm not convinced that legilimensy can be used offensively. It could be used as a support to offense, yes, but there is about zero proof that it can be used offensively.

3. I'm not saying voldemort can't possess. I'm just saying that the particular instance you quoted was more because of harry's connection with him, as dumbledore was fearing it for all the year.

4. So you agree that the 'bones on fire' is a metaphor yet you say:

With one word, Voldemort can kill someone/set their bones onto fire. That is power, that is faster then a teenager with a shotgun.

Unless you were using metaphor, too o_0

5. Harry had already defended impero many times in part four. (Thrice partially resisted moody, who used it in class repeatedly till mastered, and once from freaking voldemort). Why would he need to use occlumency to do that? They were trying to protect the information in harry's mind, such as harry will go to any lengths to rescue serious.. which makes me positive that legilimensy is more about discovering your secrets than possesing you..

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks:

I'd refute the lowballing claim though. Here are the corrections I've suggested:

1. Not master of every curse there is.

Proof: I've given you one iconic spell which voldemort has never used, and a statement saying spells coming and going out of fashion, saying voldemort (or any wizard, for the matter), is master of every curse there is sounds more like hype than anything.

2. Setting bones on fire being a metaphor, you accept it but haven't edited the part out yet.

Proof: A statement used to describe the extreme pain in different manner.

3. Tom's touch causing harry's pain:

Proof: Harry has been practically brought to ground by voldemort's presence before, of course direct physical contact is going to hurt. Cedric was shown to be completely unaffected when harry was writhing with pain.

4. Refuting of your saying voldemort transformed the robe without a wand, when there is no statement of him losing the wand.

Lack of proof on your part

5. Voldemort's possesion of harry was more use of the connection. I accepted voldemort is capable of possesion. Just this particular instance is different from ordinary possession

Proof: I agree I haven't given proof to this one: Harry was literally giving up on life due to the pain, but Ginny made no mentions of pain when she explained voldemort's possesion. And harry had the memories of what he had said when possessed before blacking out. Ginny had no memories of possessed time.

6. Offensive use of legilimensy.

Proof: It is mentioned many times throughout chapter 5 that legilimensy is used to discover opponents secrets. There is no statement claiming that it can be used for offense. Lack of proof on your part.

7. Fiendfyre: Voldemort has never shown use of fiendfyre, which is a spell strong enough destroy horcruxes.

Proof: Harry having no knowledge of it when crabbe used it, gave the exact statement above.

8. Refusal of statement: Dumbledore's use of centaur/fawkes meaning he wasn't fast enough to block the curse.

Proof: One (logical): The guy had put his wand back, and walking towards voldemort like he was walking in a park. No one does so if they are not absolutely confident of being able to defend. Maybe vegeta does,lol, but Dumbledore seemed much like the careful/intelligent type.

two (Preusage): He had already used a statue to defend harry from voldemort's curse. If he was fast enough to use a spell to bring the statue to life, why not simply chuck harry out of the way? (Man, the headmaster's got style :D )

9. Including horcruxes will make a better guide. No Proof. You accepted that anyway.

I've backed my every statement with a citation, or an argument. And most of them are related to technicalities which should be kept in mind when writing a respect thread, and one point about not having any back up, which should be strictly avoided unless you want to be called a fanboy. All these are to helping you make sure whoever reads the thread more seriously. I don't think it should be called 'lowballing'. If you want to dismiss them, no problem. Do whatever you want.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Proof: I've given you one iconic spell which voldemort has never used, and a statement saying spells coming and going out of fashion, saying voldemort (or any wizard, for the matter), is master of every curse there is sounds more like hype than anything.

2. Setting bones on fire being a metaphor, you accept it but haven't edited the part out yet.

Proof: Harry has been practically brought to ground by voldemort's presence before, of course direct physical contact is going to hurt. Cedric was shown to be completely unaffected when harry was writhing with pain.

Havn't disputed any of this..

4. Refuting of your saying voldemort transformed the robe without a wand, when there is no statement of him losing the wand.

It did not say he USED a wand to do fiendfyre. Plus how could he used a wand if a whip is wrapped around his body? He couldn't. That's ABC logic.

5. Voldemort's possesion of harry was more use of the connection. I accepted voldemort is capable of possesion. Just this particular instance is different from ordinary possession

Proof: I agree I haven't given proof to this one: Harry was literally giving up on life due to the pain, but Ginny made no mentions of pain when she explained voldemort's possesion. And harry had the memories of what he had said when possessed before blacking out. Ginny had no memories of possessed time.

Ok.....? I agree...?

7. Fiendfyre: Voldemort has never shown use of fiendfyre, which is a spell strong enough destroy horcruxes.

This is somewhat of a mystery. Let's try to see what J.K rowling is mentioning.

Though the only confirmed use of this spell is by Crabbe in the Room of Requireme there are numerous instances of living fire shown in the films that resembles Fiendfyre, either being it or a variant. These include:

The spell originated from Dumbledore, who is admittedly a powerful wizard, he is not a Dark Magic user. Also I don't think that you could change the type of spell you are redirecting (from spell to curse).

Even so, Fiendfyre is living fire, and thus the form of a rope doesn't fit with the normal shape of the curse. Only when V turns it against Dumbledore does it even look like it might be Fiendfyre.

So I may put it under transfiguration because we know Voldemort transfigured the rope into a snake. Can Voldemort do Fiendfyre? Im not sure. Can Voldemort manipulate Fiendfyre? Due to his mastery in Dark magic, probably.

. Refusal of statement: Dumbledore's use of centaur/fawkes meaning he wasn't fast enough to block the curse.

Proof: One (logical): The guy had put his wand back, and walking towards voldemort like he was walking in a park. No one does so if they are not absolutely confident of being able to defend. Maybe vegeta does,lol, but Dumbledore seemed much like the careful/intelligent type.

two (Preusage): He had already used a statue to defend harry from voldemort's curse. If he was fast enough to use a spell to bring the statue to life, why not simply chuck harry out of the way? (Man, the headmaster's got style :D )

Alright this is your opinion, I'l let everyone else believe what they want to believe against with my statement. Yes he had pre-cast the Statue on Harry so he wouldn't get into the duel.

Including horcruxes will make a better guide. No Proof. You accepted that anyway.

I've backed my every statement with a citation, or an argument. And most of them are related to technicalities which should be kept in mind when writing a respect thread, and one point about not having any back up, which should be strictly avoided unless you want to be called a fanboy. All these are to helping you make sure whoever reads the thread more seriously. I don't think it should be called 'lowballing'. If you want to dismiss them, no problem. Do whatever you want.

Alright, goodbye then. You say these things then you say they have no truth to him, whatever.

Voldemort is still the strongest Dark Wizard in HP, has amazing reflexes, and is a bad ass. Enough said.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks said:

Havn't disputed any of this..

well, you said only thing you agreed to only horcruxes, that's why I repeated them.. Good to know you aren't disagreeing though.

It did not say he USED a wand to do fiendfyre. Plus how could he used a wand if a whip is wrapped around his body? He couldn't. That's ABC logic.

We're just told what happened, not what voldemort did. "But then the fiery rope became a serpent".. it's not mentioned what voldemort did.. besides, tranfiguring spells just need a flick of wand, so he could've done it easily even if he was caught by a rope.. And that isn't ABC logic o_0 ABC logic term is generally used when some one says: A beat B, B beat C, so A beats C..

Ok.....? I agree...?

Good to know :)

This is somewhat of a mystery. Let's try to see what J.K rowling is mentioning.

Though the only confirmed use of this spell is by Crabbe in the Room of Requireme there are numerous instances of living fire shown in the films that resembles Fiendfyre, either being it or a variant. These include:

The spell originated from Dumbledore, who is admittedly a powerful wizard, he is not a Dark Magic user. Also I don't think that you could change the type of spell you are redirecting (from spell to curse).

Even so, Fiendfyre is living fire, and thus the form of a rope doesn't fit with the normal shape of the curse. Only when V turns it against Dumbledore does it even look like it might be Fiendfyre.

So I may put it under transfiguration because we know Voldemort transfigured the rope into a snake. Can Voldemort do Fiendfyre? Im not sure. Can Voldemort manipulate Fiendfyre? Due to his mastery in Dark magic, probably.

Exactly. I'm only pointing out that there's no explicit statement saying it was fiendfyre.. Nothing else.

Alright, goodbye then. You say these things then you say they have no truth to him, whatever.

Voldemort is still the strongest Dark Wizard in HP, has amazing reflexes, and is a bad ass. Enough said.

I didn't say he wasn't good. But what do you mean "they have no truth to him, whatever"? didn't catch your meaning/context.

I'd put him on number 2, in the dark wizards, though. Because dumbledore admitted that Grindelwald was evenly matched with him, and he was only a shade stronger than him. Their duel was considered legendary.. Aberforth also described him as being equally talented with albus..I mean, if he's good enough to go toe to toe against dumbledore, I'd say he's above tom..

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

More lowballing. How is Voldemort number 2? He stalemated Dumbledore. Dumbledore really didn't do anything lethal to tom. All he did was try to suffocate him, to know avail.

This is the Voldemort respect thread, go create a Voldemort/tom riddle hate thread and leave my work.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks said:

More lowballing. How is Voldemort number 2? He stalemated Dumbledore. Dumbledore really didn't do anything lethal to tom. All he did was try to suffocate him, to know avail.

This is the Voldemort respect thread, go create a Voldemort/tom riddle hate thread and leave my work.

Do you even know what lowballing means? Well, I got an impression like dumbledore kept voldemort pressed hardly against the ropes through the fight, not to mention they all said Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore. Unlike Grindelwald, who was always said to be equally powered as dumbledore.. and their duel was legendary as they were so evenly matched. Anyway, It's my opinion that he should be stronger if Dumbledore admitted that they were evenly matched, but you're free to boast that voldemort is the strongest dark wizard there is. I have no problem with that. Just stating my opinion, considering Dumbledore pretty much owned riddle in actual fight, and he wasn't even trying to kill voldemort "Above such brutality, are we?" "we both know there are other ways to destroy a man, tom".

I've no intention of creating a hate thread, because I don't hate him as said already.but I believe things should be true and with proof in a good respect thread.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

Do you even know what lowballing means? Well, I got an impression like dumbledore kept voldemort pressed hardly against the ropes through the fight, not to mention they all said Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore. Unlike Grindelwald, who was always said to be equally powered as dumbledore.. and their duel was legendary as they were so evenly matched. Anyway, It's my opinion that he should be stronger if Dumbledore admitted that they were evenly matched, but you're free to boast that voldemort is the strongest dark wizard there is. I have no problem with that. Just stating my opinion, considering Dumbledore pretty much owned riddle in actual fight, and he wasn't even trying to kill voldemort "Above such brutality, are we?" "we both know there are other ways to destroy a man, tom".

I've no intention of creating a hate thread, because I don't hate him as said already.but I believe things should be true and with proof in a good respect thread.

Alright, whatever you say. I know Grindle was number 1, I just wanted to see your response, I've just seen a much wider variety of spells that Voldemort has then him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

Alright, whatever you say. I know Grindle was number 1, I just wanted to see your response, I've just seen a much wider variety of spells that Voldemort has then him.

Good to know. I'd have loved to see the duel of Albus and Gellert though. :(

God rolling, write just one more book!!

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Bump.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By comicace3

Impressive

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RustyRoy

I'd like to see a graphic novelization of Harry Potter by Vertigo.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: this has come up a couple times even on the podcast. i believe rowling is fermly against it.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@rustyroy: this has come up a couple times even on the podcast. i believe rowling is fermly against it.

Alan moore did a good one though

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RustyRoy
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a great villain

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: idk. books wouldnt sell as much? too late now anyway.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: why is harry a bald giant with multiple eyes from the gheto?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: he mutated after killing hogwarts

this is the man they know as 'tom marvollo riddle'
this is the man they know as 'tom marvollo riddle'

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

He was killed by a teenager.

Respect.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@nerx: no more!!!! you're killing my childhood. no more!!! damn you moore. you hit it big with one thing and you think you can take on the lord and savior Potter. NAY!!1

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord Voldemort was debated to beat Superman.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: yes. that is hagrid's bro. the hippie. nice.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort was only killed by a teenager because of his mother's love. Magically Harry was above average. Fiendfyre would obliterate society

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MirrorWave4

@nerx: There was a battle thread called Superman vs Lord Voldemort on the battle forum that went on for over 5 pages.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Our society. Guy would be a normal magician in DC or Marvel.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: What era? if you are a religious folk that can be different, some folk would say jesus of nazareth would whomp his arse

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MirrorWave4

@nerx: I admit getting rid of Speed blitz was a little to much, prep time I say was fair game for him.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@nerx: Gods excluded, No one in our society could beat Voldemort.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nerx

@jnr6lil:they can shoot him before he grew up to be voldy or kill his parents, depending on time frame

@mirrorwave4:

giving him prep time is out of character, just like ordering salad at mcdonalds

No Caption Provided

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jnr6Lil