Vision #7

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Month after month, Tom King's Vision blows me away. He's taken a pretty straight forward character and added layer upon layer on the robotic Avenger. This issue, like the previous, contains a gamut of emotions. Vision is sometimes portrayed as a cold and unfeeling character, yet this issue is oozing with emotion.

While Vision has recently set up a family of synthoids for himself in the suburbs, this issue takes a look back at his first real relationship with Scarlet Witch. There's no denying the idea of the two of them together has always been a little odd. With Michael Walsh on art and Jordie Bellaire on colors, we have some amazing visuals and we're seeing things in their lives we never really thought we'd see. We may have seen them holding hands or kissing, but things get more intimate here. With the story covering their time together from start to finish, it's a strange roller coaster ride as we witness the highs and lows of their courtship. You can't help but feel some of the emotions or heartbreak when things really go sour.

It might be tempting to call this a fill-in issue with Walsh handling the art and the focus shifting back on Vision and Wanda. It's so much more than that. Seeing this close look at Vision's life is detrimental in understanding where he's at today. There's also a big answer revealed about an aspect we've been wondering about. Throughout it all, Walsh and Bellaire truly nail all the emotions contained within the story.

Reading Vision has quite an effect on you. Tom King's take on the character is both joyous and heartbreaking at the same time. King is delivering and creating multiple layers on the book and character which are fantastic and surprising. You almost have to stop and catch your breath after reading, as if you just got done running a marathon. Michael Walsh's art along with Jordie Bellaire's colors are absolutely brilliant. They capture every beat of the story in a glorious fashion. This is easily my favorite book of the week. I need more.

RockyRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If they cancel this perfect series someone's gonna pay *shakes fist*

No Caption Provided

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@rockyraccoon: With Tom moving to being exclusive at DC, would you rather they cancel it or try to get another writer? I'm torn.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DonFelipe
@gmanfromheck said:

@rockyraccoon: With Tom moving to being exclusive at DC, would you rather they cancel it or try to get another writer? I'm torn.

Not every damn series needs to be ongoing forever. King planned this to be 12 issues long and he's going to finish it in 12. A while ago, King said something like he wouldn't want this to go on forever and end like LOST. It'll be great to have a proper ending for once!

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@gmanfromheck said:

Not every damn series needs to be ongoing forever.

Name one Marvel series that does, nowadays...

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DonFelipe

@bl00dwerk: He. Good point! :)

Still a difference whether a series is being canceled or being finished as planned, or being continued forever just because.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bl00dwerK

@bl00dwerk: He. Good point! :)

Still a different whether a series is being canceled or being finished as planned, or being continued forever just because.

Indeed...

Avatar image for marthamanhunter
MarthaManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an unbelievable book. I have been recommending this to anyone and everyone who will listen. This is very much the type of story where you either embrace the weirdness or you slowly back away from it, and luckily for those of us who have continued to read, it's the kind of weirdness we embrace.

I would encourage anyone who continues to fence sit on this series to just dive into it. Challenge your comfort level and give something new and different a chance.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt like this would be one book that would have a set number of issues, but so far it seems it can tell a great story that way. Also does anyone here know why Tom is moving exclusively to DC?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt like this would be one book that would have a set number of issues, but so far it seems it can tell a great story that way. Also does anyone here know why Tom is moving exclusively to DC?

$$$...and Batman.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 owie  Moderator

This is a book that just nails its tone. Pitch perfect.

galacticshrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

This was one of the most bittersweet things I've ever read. They managed to illustrate the rise and fall of a relationship in a way that was entirely real, and was equally sympathetic to both characters. This series never fails to amaze me.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe: LOST was great throughout the series, including the ending.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DonFelipe

@rabumalal: I do agree and I loved the heartbreaking ending but I know a few people who didn't like the abstract ending and because of it they questioned the entire series or felt it wasn't worth watching it to the end then.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Thor-Parker

@gmanfromheck said:

Has Tom King written another series for Marvel, or is Vision his first work for the company ??