gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Something big is about to go down. At least that's what we're expecting when it comes to the big revelation of Charles Xavier's will. Despite the thought that Xavier's estate has already been settled, She-Hulk has come to the X-Men with a copy of the will and it's required that certain X-Men be present. With the tension between Wolverine's and Cyclops' factions, you can imagine how this could be a bit of a problem.

Besides trying to bring Cyclops together with the others, we also see more on the insanely powerful guy named Matthew who just destroyed his surroundings last issue. We can safely assume he'll play a role in upcoming issues. By looking at the cover, you can see that this is where Dazzler's new look debuts. Last issue she was seen dealing with the recent events against her.

Kris Anka's art is a joy to see. His work is so crisp and clean. He manages to put in subtle bits of emotion in the characters expressions without overdoing it. This is the type of art that immediately makes you want to see more.

The Bad

Last issue was billed as the big ORIGINAL SIN revelation over Xavier's will. We still don't get the big revelation. Oh, there definitely is a big on here, just not THE big one. There was a surprise mention of one character as the will was starting to be read. Hopefully we'll find out why that person wasn't required to be present. Also, we're not expecting to see every single moment in the characters' lives. It just felt a little odd that Dazzler appears here in her new look and no one seemed to notice or comment. I felt bad for She-Hulk having to wait so long for everyone to get to the Jean Grey School. She should have called them first to arrange for everyone to be together before heading over.

The Verdict

Brian Michael Bendis is still laying out the groundwork for some shocking twists in the lives of the X-Men. This is billed as an ORIGINAL SIN tie-in but it's refreshing that the revelations coming actually don't have anything to do with that story. Bendis gives us a look at the characters and their relationships with each other (including having to deal with Cyclops) but we also see a new storyline being fleshed out with a new character having been introduced. Kris Anka's art is great. It's exciting to see the characters and you really hunger for more. We may not get all the answers in this issue but you'll definitely want to see the bombshells being dropped here. There's no telling what sneaky ideas Bendis has cooking for this series.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am sorry but it was just horrific, I think the whole Xavier Mystique thing is ridiculous and will eventually be something like "Mystique did it all after he died". I want them to just quit the whole thing and bring all the X-Men back together, I am bored of the poor characterizations of each character.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@xrs10: maybe I'm just naturally skeptical so I'm just assuming there's more to it than we know. That makes me want to read it more to find out what's going on. No way it's a natural thing.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm curious why the new dazzler outfit is being featured under the good section.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@xrs10: maybe I'm just naturally skeptical so I'm just assuming there's more to it than we know. That makes me want to read it more to find out what's going on. No way it's a natural thing.

I am just getting tired of the X-Men being split I guess, Xavier had to have some big secret but its just like ergh to me. I was hoping for the school to go to someone like Emma and then have the groups sort of come together for something.

MrCrabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree with "The Bad" above, but on what planet is Kris Anka's art "a joy"? After Immonen and Bachalo, the change was jarring at best. If Anka is the regular artist, I'm out.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't read the issue yet, but based on the preview, I doubt Xavier would give the school to Cyclops. They weren't on good terms before Xavier died.

andreww154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Tony that Anka's art is stunning - I hope he stays around for awhile. Dazzler's new look rocks!!

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10 said:

I am sorry but it was just horrific, I think the whole Xavier Mystique thing is ridiculous and will eventually be something like "Mystique did it all after he died". I want them to just quit the whole thing and bring all the X-Men back together, I am bored of the poor characterizations of each character.

I never want the X-men back together. I love this book the way it is, as the sole oasis free of Wolverine in the X-men Universe.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This issue was eh. Bendis is one of my favorite writers but he is definitely a trade writer.

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a big fan of Bendis on X-Men, but with these last two issues of Uncanny I seriously feel ripped off. Two issues with absolutely no plot movement. As a whole I think the X-Men need to move past the death of Xavier. It's ridiculous given their past and everything they know about the Phoenix, that they would still blame Scott for Xavier's death.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Bendis is really good at the three act, but last issue and this issue have just been trickling things out in what feels like a crazy-slow way. It's so frustrating, especially given how abruptly the last arc ended.

I feel kinda ripped off that I didn't just wait for them on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited.

@dcfox said:

I've been a big fan of Bendis on X-Men, but with these last two issues of Uncanny I seriously feel ripped off. Two issues with absolutely no plot movement. As a whole I think the X-Men need to move past the death of Xavier. It's ridiculous given their past and everything they know about the Phoenix, that they would still blame Scott for Xavier's death.

THIS!

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just happy for that scene where something was revealed & Emma couldn't help but laugh her ass off! That was amazing & then Dazzlers reaction to that, priceless.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sparty-dbq

Will someone please, PLEASE shoot Emma in the face?

God, this is getting so stupid. Just like that, right out of the blue, Xavier and Mystique were married and had a kid. And she somehow never showed any signs of pregnancy despite appearing consistently in several titles over the past several years. I defended Bendis against the nay-sayers during his time helming the Avengers franchise, but his X-Men stuff is really starting to piss me off.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: can you explain? I read ANXM religiously and must have missed something huge if this is the case.

Gudvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gudvin

@liveforever said:

I read ANXM religiously and must have missed something huge if this is the case.

Dude. She mothered Xavier Jr. (while being disguised as Moira); the same guy who recently assaulted All-New X-Men basecamp.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seriously, Beast's hardcore hatred of Scott is disgusting at this point. Cant wait for him to get what he deserves

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm I get that Xavier could have banged Mystique at some point (the guy was human after all), even I can understand that he got her pregnant, but having a relationship and even marrying her? WTF? This is really weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baf755c5bf81
deactivated-5baf755c5bf81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't believe that Xavier will give it to Mystic, that's bullshit. Mystic have been enemy of the X-men for years.

Rainhorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else think that this could be a ploy by Mystique, assuming the form of She-Hulk, and offering a Fake Will ??

Ishkafel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I blame First Class (not really though)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn. Just....do something already. Having just caught up with this series, it seems like a recurring theme with this book to hold off on revealing anything. It's like, character A mentions they know the truth and character B then says something like, "you don't mean?!" and then character A and B disappear until the next book and yet again, the same is happening here except the reveal itself is unexplainable. Say, what now?

At this point, I'm paying for dialogue. Oh well, that's good enough for me. I have a running counter on how many times Bendis is cramming down our throats what an _sshole Beast is. I should make it a drinking game to get me through this story arc.

Still love the X-Men. Still waitng for them to get back together. Oh, and also, can we get some more information on what's happening with Tempus? That's a huge drop to leave hanging in all of this (what happened to her during that test run and how it's affected her since then). Is it just me, or is she looking older now? Curious, that.

Ishkafel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Still love the X-Men. Still waitng for them to get back together. Oh, and also, can we get some more information on what's happening with Tempus? That's a huge drop to leave hanging in all of this (what happened to her during that test run and how it's affected her since then). Is it just me, or is she looking older now? Curious, that.

The Tempus story will take place in the next Uncanny X-men annual Bendis writing and Sorrentino on the art.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ishkafel: Thank you so much! It's good that they are giving it real focus and just due. I have a couple of theories and I can't wait to find out.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By copete

Why people complain? MY only complaint is that I have to wait for the next issue to come out!

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, didn't Hickman's New Avengers already mention Xavier's will being read? I thought that was how Beast stumbled onto the Mind Gem in the first place.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sparty-dbq

@raggedscarecrow: Bendis doesn't give a rat's ass about any character's continuity except the one he writes for them. Everyone knows this by now.

DcNoobReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree with alot of other people. I just can't get into this, i've read the last 12 issues of uncanny xmen over and over, im just not captivated by it, and i want to be. I also reallly really really really want the xmen as one big happy disfunctional family again.

i am loving all new x men tho, although it has confused the crap out of me, i am still digging it.

I don't think im the only one that is oerwhelmed with the plethora of avengers and xmen books, not only can i not afford to buy them all, my brain is over clocked trying to process and keep up with all that is going on.

that being said, the only x book im keeping up with from now on is all new x men, untill the x fam is back together, if it ever happens

DcNoobReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

last thought, i hate what bendis is doing to one of my favorite oddball charecters, dazzler. i cant help but think shes cool, but i hate how bendis is making her out

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Ahhhh, yeah. Battle of the Atom. Forgot that little nugget was dropped!

Outburstz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Outburstz

Wow so now Mystique has 3 sons by 3 didn't dudes that is crazy she is becoming a baby machine

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know this is late in all but that Matthew guy destroyed Newberry, SC and i live 35 minutes from there which is crazy lol.