Trinity #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman have long been known as DC's Trinity. As DC's most popular and powerful characters, we've seen many stories focusing on the dynamic and friendship between the trio. With the current events in the comics that started right before Rebirth began, the status quo of the Trinity has changed.

The big change with the Trinity is Batman and Wonder Woman no longer really know who Superman is. Because the Man of Steel they knew died, they're not quite sure how much they can trust the pre-Flashpoint version.

Francis Manapul takes the reigns of the the Trinity to set up their new direction. With these three powerhouses, we don't often see stories like this. Manapul cuts right down to the nitty gritty by having Diana and Bruce pay a visit to Clark's farm.

Despite the five year run of the New 52 and the current versions of the characters, it's almost as if we're seeing them together for the first time. These three know each other, but at the same time, they're also strangers in some ways. Manapul does a nice job in establishing just how these relationships should be, with Lois thrown in as well.

Manapul's art and color are phenomenal. You will want to pause at times to take it all in. Manapul gives readers what they want. There are some nice striking pose shots, but the lighting and color in other panels are definitely noteworthy. This issue may not be super-heavy on the action, but it's not a huge complaint. A series featuring these three will likely be packed with action so it is a nice change of pace to see something a little different. Maybe it's not exactly the start every single reader will want, but it has me hooked.

Francis Manapul has a big task in front of him. Besides handling the writing and art duties, he has to drive a book featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman. This first issue shows how this isn't simply another Justice League book. There is some heart as well as we see Bruce and Diana get to know a Superman they're not familiar with. Manapul's art and color is as fantastic as you would expect. With a strange cliffhanger, you'll definitely want to come back for the next issue.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been anticipating this series for months!!! Finally

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UltimateSMfan

This book blew me away! This and Superman #7 are probably my picks of the month.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I wasn't very impressed by Manapul's Darkseid War one shot with Superman but I have to say this issue was a marked improvement for his writing abilities. It was a nice choice to focus the issue around a dinner visit to focus on character dynamics and re-establish the relationship of the Trinity once again. I wonder what the deal is with that mysterious green stuff and this mirror/portal back to young Clark in Smallville in the Pre Flashpoint universe.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger: You've made me very interested in this issue now. Can't wait to get it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

DC, I can't afford all these titles, you're killing me.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I definitely need to read this book at some point, mainly because I was afraid they were just going to have everyone ignore that this is a different Superman than the one they all know and pretend that nothing has changed.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking forward to this

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Great issue.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

DC, I can't afford all these titles, you're killing me.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really feeling this series.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first time I saw Manapul's art, I wasn't sure, but the more I look at it, the more I love it :)

Fun issue, also loved the narrative writing from Lois' perspective :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was great. Love how gruff Batman was.

vskdharmasena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know there was a Trinity rebirth series out? Gotta pick this up.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By Inglewoodian

@the_stegman: God I feel the same way...It's like fuck DC stop being so good so I'll stop buying stuff lmfao I like the issue. It was a nice introduction & honestly I'm Ok with the lack of action since all 3 of these characters solo Rebirth #1's were action packed. I love how Batman is throughout all of this too. He's like "Nah bruh. I don't know you. You & your son are the greatest threats on Earth now." while Superman is all "Bro you're my best friend. Remember?" Good stuff for sure. Nice change of pace & the artwork was great too.

@vskdharmasena: I pirate several books but to be honest, I want to support tf out of DC to shut up all those idiot Marvel fans that constantly try to downplay DC Rebirth based on the past without giving the new a chance. Marvel is so weak right now it makes me cry.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Carnivius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good. This and Superman 7 gave me super-smiles this week. :)

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't pick this up bc of all the other books I bought. DC and Image have some good story's going. Maybe I will pick it up next week if it's not sold out.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC released all these cushy issues like this one, Superman 7, and Green Lanterns 7.... and I loved it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman #7, Trinity, and Aquaman were my favorites this week. DC is killin' it

FreedomZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good. This and Superman 7 gave me super-smiles this week. :)

Same! Top 2 in my pull for sure. Supes has been killing it lately.

I loved the Rainbow Batman callback. Hopefully we get more of those as Superman reminds them of their old adventures.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here!

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Those and Cyborg too. Great stuff!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC back at it again with the good books

vskdharmasena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inglewoodian: I want to do the same dude But I Live in Sri lanka so no Comic Book shops :( So Only Option for me is to Pirate them. But when i move out of from here Im gonna buy everysingle Comic I ever read from DC again to support them

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@vskdharmasena: If I pirate a book & I like it I buy the TPB online. It saves $ on trying to scramble to collect 50+ back issues or possibly buying a TPB that you end up not liking. I wasn't buying comics at all during the New 52 run so when I started purchasing Rebirth it made me want to go back & read some of the New 52 to see how certain things were set up. I've read Aquaman & Sinestro so far & I'll be purchasing the TPB because I loved them. Especially Sinestro. God that dude is badass.