Why is Marvel trying to DESTROY Thor...........What's their PROBLEM?????

• 124 results
Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lazarus4tempest
No Caption Provided

ps..don't mind the picture ..dramatic effect

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Because It's been a long time, they don't give a sh.... Anyway... You know what I mean.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What is the context of that photo? That was a cover from when Aaron first started his run.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: the photo don't mean anything, and my question isn't to bash Aaron ,i'm talking about the overall treatment that Thor has been getting throughout the years...what up with that tho.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thephoenx: it's messed up tho he is like a beating stick for almost every writer at Marvel these days.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lazarus4tempest
thor321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: how is that being diverse ? destroying one to lift another?

thor321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: how is that being diverse ? destroying one to lift another?

more or less.

diversity is affecting them.

feminism as well.

strong female character.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alphamon  Online

Because sjw’s and feminism that and not all ways having the bad writers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SJW bro.sad

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lazarus4tempest You saw what happened in "captain marvel #12" I presume...

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AbstractRaze  Online

This is a matter of concern among Marvel fans, just stop watching MCU, stop watching Star Wars films, anything related to Disney, not only Marvel fans should stop, but in general, inform yourself before consuming any product from them, besides The Mandalorian, the only outsider who is not under SJW influence, for now, but don't build up false hopes.

Captain Marvel Humiliates Thor! Marvel is desperate to make her popular!

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@thephoenx: that shit got me upset bro.....sad just sad

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: they are really desperate to make her popular but it's just garnering more hate....i know for me i'm done with the character,i tolerate no form of Thor undermined because i know what he is capable of .

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alphamon  Online

@lazarus4tempest: at least we still have good writers like al Ewing and Jane Kirby and hopefully Donny cates well do Thor justices

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: true bro ...hope he saves Thor's legacy

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AbstractRaze  Online

@lazarus4tempest said:

@abstractraze: they are really desperate to make her popular but it's just garnering more hate....i know for me i'm done with the character,i tolerate no form of Thor undermined because i know what he is capable of .

You already know what to do, even Jimmy demands it so, don't buy anything, don't be nuts.

Loading Video...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Stahlflamme

@alphamon: Ewing had White Tiger beat up Thor have Iron Man tell him he could not beat Spider-Man during the Axis Event in his mighty Avengers book and had in New Avengers he propped up his bad guy from the future by casually tearing Thors head off same as everyone else... Thor is what the Thing used to be, everyone has their creations and the characters they write beat the shit out of him to show how tough they are. They would still use the thing, but nobody views him as that impressive anymore.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Alphamon  Online
Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 main reasons:

1. Brevoort had no real love for these characters and both hired and allowed his writers to trample over any character if it was seen as fitting their overall social/political agendas or if it would make fans mad which he is on the record as thinking was a good thing because in his mind it would drive up sales.

2. I think Marvel's writers tended to not see Thor as cool which means he is just another character they can use to build up the characters they like by having them kick his ass. Writers always have favorites and if the person writing his own book won't stick up for him(I doubt I really need to go over Aaron's treatment of Thor) then chances are no one else will either.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: Ewing had White Tiger beat up Thor have Iron Man tell him he could not beat Spider-Man during the Axis Event in his mighty Avengers book and had in New Avengers he propped up his bad guy from the future by casually tearing Thors head off same as everyone else... Thor is what the Thing used to be, everyone has their creations and the characters they write beat the s*** out of him to show how tough they are. They would still use the thing, but nobody views him as that impressive anymore.

Pretty much, it's a way to show other characters are a threat by having them take out someone most readers would agree is a powerhouse, problem is, do it too often and eventually no one thinks of the character getting beat down all the time as powerful any longer. "Oh, Thor got his head ripped off again, well, yawn, big deal, that ALWAYS happens to him."

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@stahlflamme: White Tiger never beat him though. She evaded him and scratched him around a little but he was neither hurt nor down for the count. It took the combined threat of Blue Marvel and Monica to get him to back down.

Tony said he can't beat Spider-man fast enough, not that he can't beat him period. All this tells us he has terrible combat speed but hey, what else is new.

But yeah, he definitely doesnt get a lot of respect these days. As a Thor fan, its sad.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I don't get it he manages to go toe to toe with Silver surfer ,but can't match street lvl characters in speed ...that makes no sense

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lazarus4tempest: Surfer doesn't use his speed in combat. More specifically, he hasn't displayed it against Thor. Thor himself isn't as slow as the memes have you believe but he is no speedster. His combat speed is above average on a good day, barring something he might show once a decade.

No shame in that. He has other powers to make up for it.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: true that ...but ppl on CV makes combat speed look like omniscience

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Marvel like copying the MCU these days, so like them, they have to massively nerf Thor in everything.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Disney-fication of Marvel.

Although I'd say it started once Quesada took over the reigns as EIC with his "Anything goes!" mantra. Editorial discipline had already fallen by the wayside in the 90's so it was the perfect storm for Indy darling writers to come in and do whatever stories they wanted. Didn't help that Marvel was desperate in the late 90's and early 2000's to avoid bankruptcy, and in doing so started licensing their characters for major films which made money, and there you go. Now mostly all of the characters sound the same, have to possess some sort of snarky humor coupled with some pretty massive character flaws #becauserelatability. Thor is the poster child for this trend. Stunted speech pattern and behaviors, humanistic qualities intensified, less focus on the mystical elements of the mythos, etc.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Just wait it out until Donny Cates takes over. Hopefully, he'll do something interesting if he successfully managed to drag Venom back from the mess Bendis caused.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: yeah lets hope he successfully fixes my boii Thor...i'm tired of the undermined

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Underfire47

@brucerogers said:

@stahlflamme: White Tiger never beat him though. She evaded him and scratched him around a little but he was neither hurt nor down for the count. It took the combined threat of Blue Marvel and Monica to get him to back down.

Tony said he can't beat Spider-man fast enough, not that he can't beat him period. All this tells us he has terrible combat speed but hey, what else is new.

But yeah, he definitely doesnt get a lot of respect these days. As a Thor fan, its sad.

Not to mention White Tiger is literally posessed by a Tiger god through her pedant, she had feats of stomping Power Man and throwing Luke Cage and She-Hulk through a wall. And all she did against Thor is try to scratch him and i don't think she even penetrated his skin, she just blitzed him, which isn't nothing new for Thor he has been blitzed by even slower opponents before.

Anyway this whole thread is being a bit melodramatic...

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: melodramatic ?....i disagree obviously you haven't been keeping track of Thor through the past 5-6 year........

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: I have friend and i understand it's been bad, but SJW this and SJW that... i don't think that is helping anyone.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: i agree but we can't play dead .....we need to call out the problem and consistently show our displeasure

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The easiest and most cost effective way to show displeasure is to not buy the comics.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: But the thing is not buying the comics will give them the bright idea of replacing him....

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knew there was gonna be forced politics and complaining sprinkled with reasonable posters like Bruce.

Just relax everything will get better

And to address the I hate thor comments

I don’t hate him I like him more than hulk. And honestly an handful thor fans can’t really debate.

And Surfer should beat thor in a fight as well as Superman

But to address Thor’s current position. Yeah it sucks but wait for the context.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: It's a character/IP that has a very successful film franchise and is one of the staple characters in the publishing division, Thor isn't going anywhere. If the current stories aren't satisfying there's no sense in spending money on them. If anything, lower sales cause creators to evaluate what they can do to remedy that. I haven't bought a comic since about 2012-13 last I remember. Before 2012 it was an even longer hiatus. Current superhero comics are just not for me. Continuity and editorial discipline have been missing from the "Big Two" for many years unfortunately.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme:

It took the combined threat of Blue Marvel and Monica to get him to back down.

thor ran away from blue marvel bc tony starks knew even with a team that included scarlet witch, madusa and superior iron man that once blue marvel showed up not even thor could bring them victory against the mighty avengers. tony had neutralized monica and could have done it again if he had to. kaluu saved the team from instant death by scarlet witch for a few seconds so that blue marvel could fly to greece smash ULTIMO (who in weaker version of himself almost beat classic thor) and come back to the team.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Tony knows blue marvel wont let people die and will go save them to get him out of the fight so his tem can win.
Tony knows blue marvel wont let people die and will go save them to get him out of the fight so his tem can win.
this is when blue marvel returns after tony uses a continental level threat to cause him to leave to save people.
this is when blue marvel returns after tony uses a continental level threat to cause him to leave to save people.
this is tony and the team pretending to be mind controlled so they dont get smashed once adam returns to the team.
this is tony and the team pretending to be mind controlled so they dont get smashed once adam returns to the team.
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mace1111: what shit...who wrote this crap tho?

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superiorsgbeast: that SS business lets agree to disagree.......because Thor kicked his ass more than once,

the staff at Marvel they have been destroying Thor 5-6 years now

SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Thor has never beaten him without context and I loved Jane thor and her comics did decent to great sales

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Alphamon  Online

@superiorsgbeast: I’m pretty sure Thor beat surfer while he was in warrior madness state and surfer was bloodlusted the second time I believe was when he took on surfer and Adam warlock(can’t remember if he won or not)

SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: And they were not really going all out against thor

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Alphamon  Online

@superiorsgbeast: ok Thor still beat surfer far and square well in warrior madness state