BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BullPR

Not planning to see it for the moment.

I honestly going to wait for the spoilers.

And I am one of the rare that loved TDW.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can do Pepper and rhodey , captain America's sidekicks , and the ant men just fine I see no reason for the toxicity

thor321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sure they aren't just trolling?

unfortunately no.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why... Why.... :(

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they think we’ll all just follow like obedient lambs to the slaughter.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

take Thor out the original statement and you got it right lol

not gonna lie, I saw the new slate and I was only interested in Blade, BP 2, and Fantastic 4

got pretty upset that Blade was a show

EDIT:

LOOOOOOOL The article says it's going to take inspiration from Jason Aaron's Thor run HAHAHAHA as if that's a good thing!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give them a chance. Where have they failed? Has any MCU film really bombed?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to see Jane in anything she is a curse to the movies. I wanted Lady Sif and that would have made sense but why are we forced to watch a woman that has said before she cannot stand the MCU?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like the concept from the comics it will apparently be based on, I am not interested at all.

I also did not like Ragnarok as that was a film that felt like it bordered on self-parody at times. I'm also tired of all the virtue signaling by Disney/Marvel, as if they really give a rats ass about diversity. I thought Endgame itself was a giant blob of fan-service that fell on its face.

As for Thor, they've humanized him way too much and it stems from Ragnarok. Take away his hammer/axe an lightning and he's just another meathead. There's nothing special or unique about his character (or Asgard anymore for that matter) anymore.

It may be an unpopular opinion but Marvel/Disney isn't bulletproof, and while yes their films make a ton of money (I'm sure Love and Thunder will do well) that doesn't speak to the narrative quality.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spambot

Just like the concept from the comics it will apparently be based on, I am not interested at all.

I also did not like Ragnarok as that was a film that felt like it bordered on self-parody at times. I'm also tired of all the virtue signaling by Disney/Marvel, as if they really give a rats ass about diversity. I thought Endgame itself was a giant blob of fan-service that fell on its face.

As for Thor, they've humanized him way too much and it stems from Ragnarok. Take away his hammer/axe an lightning and he's just another meathead. There's nothing special or unique about his character (or Asgard anymore for that matter) anymore.

It may be an unpopular opinion but Marvel/Disney isn't bulletproof, and while yes their films make a ton of money (I'm sure Love and Thunder will do well) that doesn't speak to the narrative quality.

Ya idk at this point. Sometimes I like mcu Thor and other times its just like Chris Hemsworth is up there adlibbing whatever he thinks would be funny for Thor to say. Which is probably the Thor we'll be getting from here on out. Thor before Ragnarok was closer to comics Thor but he is probably gone now. More so with him probably only appearing in movies directed by Taika or James Gunn now.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taika said that Natalie isn't "Female" Thor , but "a" Thor like Hemsworth. This feels so stupid. Thor isn't a race or a fricking title. I really am afraid of the movie due to the possibility of female Thor outshining the main Thor and becoming the permanent one after this movie.

Why the hell couldn't marvel give us a movie about an arc like the God Butcher instead of bad ones like Jane-Thor. I also somewhat dislike the MCU trying to humanize Thor. Why the hell does a god have to be humanized and it's not always good for a character to be relatable.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell couldn't marvel give us a movie about an arc like the God Butcher instead of bad ones like Jane-Thor. [b]I also somewhat dislike the MCU trying to humanize Thor. Why the hell does a god have to be humanized and it's not always good for a character to be relatable.

This has been my biggest problem with certain characters in the last 15-16 years or so, or essentially in the Joe Q regime and beyond and it's why I gave up on the medium. Most characters are written the same and everything has to be relatable. No matter how much like a dumb fuck college fratboy they make Thor sound like, he's still a space god who has lived for millenia with insane, world-altering powers. There is no possible way a being such as that would have a similar outlook on the universe that a human being who lives for 80 or so years (drop in the bucket for Thor) does. It's just illogical and a lazy way of trying to tell humanistic stories with a fictional god. There are a plethora of human characters to tell human stories with. Writers should think outside of the box when it comes to super powerful characters in general.

The characterization of Thor in the MCU ever since Ragnarok has, IMO, done harm to the overall mythos. Him being an Asgardian god of the myths come to life has devolved into a mere affectation at this point, whereas his characterization as a massively overweight cosplay fatass video-gamer is lauded as some sort of brilliant way to humanize him. Perhaps the biggest travesty of the MCU is the horrific way the mythos of Asgard has been handled. Marvel essentially wiped them all out (save for Thor and Loki) and never explored it.

UnbanPleaseTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to see Jane-Foster kiss Valkyrie.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i know i'm going to rant after watching this bullshit movie ,this is THOR'S movie ,I don't see why most of the conversation is about that IMPOSTER jane..

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp looks like hulk has a friend to share his pain now

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: Fodder ugh.....i bet alot of the other pathetic fanboys of the other bases would love to see that

KevinforGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor love and thunder will be very cool (Chris Hemsworth is the main star, not Natalie Portman.)

Thor Ragnarok is the best Thor movie, until we see love and thunder