Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/03/make-mine-marvel-will-relaunch-titles-not-1-legacy-numbers/

With the ECCC rumor of a relaunch with legacy re-numbering and which crazy man Rich points out Thor is due to reach 700 this fall I think it is safe to say the Jane experiment is coming to an end. Aaron is off DS in a couple months so for those who disliked his direction we will have to see if he remains.

http://www.newsarama.com/34197-marvel-re-embraces-legacy-with-new-direction-original-numbering-throwback-extras.html

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: I doubt they would relaunch Thor but it would be good if they do it

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I hope this turns out to be true but I need more than a Bleeding Cool article to go off.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger: While I do agree that a BC article is not a "valid" source, lately, most thing they had

speculated actually happened lol.

I don't know how, but BC is doing a good job apparently. And yes,

I'm emboldening this idea. Hope this is true.

This better meaning Marvel is going to "meat and potatoes" and not some gimmick.

Avatar image for genjiunstoppablemiracle
genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: worry me might odinson thor not get ultimate mjolnir or ultimate mjolnir turn into classic mjolnir shape similar to original mjolnir that why we had two thor in poster picture generation.

will dont matter anymore to me now if marvel change story again.... ok to me if he not get ultimate mjolnir and unlock his godlike lighting power with no hammer and migt jane foster die or might she give his original mjolnir back to original thor.

or might original thor both had ultimate mjolnir and original mjolnir i hope that happen or maybe not... if that not happen jason aaron make mistake being slow not realise unworthy thor faster in last year.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6 dernman  Online

@eto said:

@lvenger: While I do agree that a BC article is not a "valid" source, lately, most thing they had

This better meaning Marvel is going to "meat and potatoes" and not some gimmick.

They said they're going back to more traditional style but are keeping the characters they created so Jane Thor might not be going anywhere.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Finally Marvel are doing something right, something that will make a lot of their fans happy.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope this happens won't get my hopes up though

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Finally Marvel are doing something right, something that will make a lot of their fans happy.

I wouldn't count on it, but I suppose one can always hope.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

I wouldn't count on it, but I suppose one can always hope.

Yeah, I like to keep my hope up.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@dernman said:
@eto said:

They said they're going back to more traditional style but are keeping the characters they created so Jane Thor might not be going anywhere.

I don't think they will get rid of her, but hopefully it means that Thor will be the star of the Thor book again, and that characters will stop jobbing to Jane just to promote her.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more Jane please and oh yes , Sif as his leading lady in his life. I mean makes more sense they did marry after all.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read elsewhere that Marvel is claiming they won't be using time travel or alternate reality versions of the original characters, which leads me to believe they won't be the actual original characters at all, but rather in the minds of their replacements. Like if Jane Fraudsthor went on a three day bender after having a crisis of confidence and in a drunken stupor imagines discussing things with the original, classic Thor, who then says "there, there, it's alright, I'll wear the dress in this story and forsake my name and genitalia, all for the sake of the agenda nobody asked for or wanted".

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it happens it won't matter because they will just go back to single numbers in a few months

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Hey, can't give up on those new #1s every few months now, that's guaranteed money in the bank.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be gaining traction now.

http://www.newsarama.com/34160-report-marvel-returning-to-legacy-numbering-after-secret-empire.html

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss reading Thor so much, but Marvel to do more than simply "unnumber" to get me back as a reader. Clean house from top to bottom and keep very few creators and almost zero editorial staff is a START. Just a start... Yes precious...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Seems to be gaining traction now.

http://www.newsarama.com/34160-report-marvel-returning-to-legacy-numbering-after-secret-empire.html

But Marvel are also sticking to their guns with some of their diverse characters too.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/20/marvel-legacy-brings-back-planet-hulk-tony-stark-announced-2017-diamond-summit/

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not getting my hopes up they'll probably return back to single number issues after a few issues

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not getting my hopes up they'll probably return back to single number issues after a few issues

I'd give it 20 issues at most, then the next "All New NOW" Marvel relaunch.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:

Yea exactly, isn't it meant to be a time travel thing anyways with the characters being themselves from the past or was that debunked?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Yea exactly, isn't it meant to be a time travel thing anyways with the characters being themselves from the past or was that debunked?

I honestly have no idea, though I wouldn't be surprised if the original characters are just in the minds of the replacements, like asking WW_D? in a moment of doubt or crisis. Seems like something Marvel would do.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:
@antithetical said:
@thorthunder98 said:

I honestly have no idea, though I wouldn't be surprised if the original characters are just in the minds of the replacements, like asking WW_D? in a moment of doubt or crisis. Seems like something Marvel would do.

Hmm I don't think they'd build it all up to not have them physically be there but idk with current marvel I have no faith in them

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like Rebirth rip-off.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

well duh, if it sells books and brings back the old favs then more power to them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28 dernman  Online

@rubear said:

well duh, if it sells books and brings back the old favs then more power to them.

True. I don't care who they rip off if they work towards fixing the crap they've been doing.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaHans

Awww, does this mean Jane's phallic hammer won't be able to do all her work for her anymore? Tsk, tsk.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:
@thorthunder98 said:
@antithetical said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Hmm I don't think they'd build it all up to not have them physically be there but idk with current marvel I have no faith in them

I don't put it past them to do something stupid like that either.

@rubear said:

Unfortunately there's this quote from the article...

"From there, the Marvel Legacy initiative spreads out across the Marvel Universe, showcasing epic storylines hearkening back to the glory days of Marvel starring Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, the Champions, Wolverine, Ironheart, Hulk, The Punisher and so many more!"

Sounds to me like more of the same bs we've been getting the last few years, Jane is still "Thor" and Thor has still given up his name and been relegated to a supporting character. And since when have Ironheart and America Chavez been associated with Marvel's "glory days"? I smell a bait and switch in the works.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Exactly on point! Either THOR returns with Mjolnir in hand or he doesn't. I suggest that anyone who is a REAL Thor fan boycott anything that is published that is not emblazoned with the title "THOR" on it. "Odinson" is BS. Thor and ONLY Thor will be acceptable! Hammerette needs to go! No co-existing. No nothing! Dead. Murdered. Stabbed. That is all.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Exactly on point! Either THOR returns with Mjolnir in hand or he doesn't. I suggest that anyone who is a REAL Thor fan boycott anything that is published that is not emblazoned with the title "THOR" on it. "Odinson" is BS. Thor and ONLY Thor will be acceptable! Hammerette needs to go! No co-existing. No nothing! Dead. Murdered. Stabbed. That is all.

Then there's this garbage where Thor gets to be Jane's sidekick.