#151 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like Aaron's OKT stuff. I wish they would just give him an OKT book

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#152 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

I actually really like Aaron's OKT stuff. I wish they would just give him an OKT book

#153 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

So Have you guys seen the upcoming War of Realms event? I think(hope) Aaron will leave after that

#154 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

So Have you guys seen the upcoming War of Realms event? I think(hope) Aaron will leave after that

Do you have a link to any description or previews of the event ?

#155 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Edited by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems Thor and Captain Marvel will get destroyed by Sentry.

Fucking hell...

#159 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio
#160 Posted by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: its Void Sentry but still, he is used as a hype tool lately.

Sentry #5.

#161 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: aight thnx

fernando on yt posted a vid of thor vs sentry looked like sentry had upperhand once again.

shame

#162 Edited by God_Spawn (43267 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's a complete joke at this point. Shame.

#163 Posted by Supermanthor (21750 posts) - - Show Bio
#164 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: are you reading the current king thor story line ?

Yep, it's been pretty good.

If only current Thor was half as good........sadly it's not.

#165 Edited by destinyman75 (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron was ok with God Butcher and OKT stuff everything else sucks. Please bring back walter

#166 Posted by Supermanthor (21750 posts) - - Show Bio
#167 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Edited by Supermanthor (21750 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: king Thor run is great but current Thor is meh still looking for this run though and the war of relams

#169 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Posted by Supermanthor (21750 posts) - - Show Bio
#171 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they would get another writer this story arc is horrible and getting worse by the issue. King Thor or necro sword or whatever all the things I find bad and insults the reader.They need to get him off the book , off the avengers and onto something else maybe Pippi Longstocking. Something he cannot mess up.

#172 Posted by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

chapter 7 was meh.

Thor getting a viking girl who bigger than him LoL.

Loki using that to help Odin to drive Thor away and the moral is Immortals shouldn't be with mortals.

#173 Posted by StellatedColt (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321 said:

chapter 7 was meh.

Loki using that to help Odin to drive Thor away and the moral is Immortals shouldn't be with mortals.

Lol I thought I was the only one that noticed. Why did they make Erika bigger than Thor? Are they doing this on purpose? She looks like a man and was towering over him in one panel. Like wtf?

Besides that, have Odin always acted like this towards Thor? I know that Odin can be quite stern and harsh but man, Marvel is really painting Odin in a bad light. Aaron writing him like an abusive father or something.

#174 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Thor’s storm/lighting always so OP while having sex

#175 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321 said:

chapter 7 was meh.

lol first she hulk now this one

#176 Edited by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio
#177 Posted by coolcat4 (848 posts) - - Show Bio

At least in avengers we kinda saw thor do cool stuff. He lifted the island thing, and hit debris into the sun from the ocean.

But he couldn't be shown actually fighting well. I just dont get why they are doing this.

#178 Posted by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio
#179 Posted by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321 said:

chapter 7 was meh.

Lol I thought I was the only one that noticed. Why did they make Erika bigger than Thor? Are they doing this on purpose? She looks like a man and was towering over him in one panel. Like wtf?

Besides that, have Odin always acted like this towards Thor? I know that Odin can be quite stern and harsh but man, Marvel is really painting Odin in a bad light. Aaron writing him like an abusive father or something.

Odin hasn't really been written well at all since Jurgens wrote him imo(which was almost 20 years ago). He did an acceptable Odin. Fraction started us down this path of patriarchy and Aaron has run with it down the path of oblivion.

#180 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a doubt, Jason Aaron's Odin is the worst depiction of the character in all history, I do not recognize this character, this is a tyrant who enjoys killing and conquering worlds just because.....I really can't express how much I hate what is being done to Odin.

#181 Edited by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

Without a doubt, Jason Aaron's Odin is the worst depiction of the character in all history, I do not recognize this character, this is a tyrant who enjoys killing and conquering worlds just because.....I really can't express how much I hate what is being done to Odin.

dude u have iterated the same words , that u said on CBR with different user name right ? :p

#182 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha "gods I am so in loveee " . This is one of the most fragile things that has happen to Thor imo .

It was totally uncanny for me to see Thor like that but the issue was quite funny .

Overall this issue was meh .

No Caption Provided

Thor by Alex Ross .

#183 Edited by Supermanthor (21750 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

thoughts about thor 7 ? also i agree he screwed odin big time

#184 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:
@stellatedcolt said:
@thor321 said:

chapter 7 was meh.

Odin hasn't really been written well at all since Jurgens wrote him imo(which was almost 20 years ago). He did an acceptable Odin. Fraction started us down this path of patriarchy and Aaron has run with it down the path of oblivion.

I will say the tiny bit JMS and Rememder wrote him was fantastic

#185 Posted by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@spambot said:

I will say the tiny bit JMS and Rememder wrote him was fantastic

Ya there's been a few other writers who wrote him decent in bits.

#186 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio
#188 Posted by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio
#189 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: Yeah hell is right here in heavens . This sucks . :[]

#191 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I have been on board with the new comics and the real Thor but of late I think it is a waste of money. The stories lack substance they lack anything of value and seem to be just tossed together to make a fast sale. I am a little upset they would do that to the fans the comics are no longer cheap.

#192 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

dude u have iterated the same words , that u said on CBR with different user name right ? :p

Yep, that was me.

@thor_parker82 said:

thoughts about thor 7 ? also i agree he screwed odin big time

The issue was fine, a nice tale about enjoying life while it lasts, but Odin was just awful, and I don't like the way Young Thor talks to Odin, I mean, we all know that young Thor was brash, stubborn, hot headed, impulsive and many other things, one of the things that makes him a good character is that he grew and developed and became better and into the Thor we knew, a caring and noble god, but even when he was young he always respected and looked up to Odin, he NEVER talked to him like Aaron writes their interactions.

#193 Posted by Supermanthor (21750 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#194 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: As someone who enjoys Aaron’s work on Thor and is a big Thor fan himself, even i have to admit my biggest gripe with his entire run is how poorly he characterizes Odin. To be fair, that trend was started before him with Fraction and it seems every writer since then has written Odin in this overtly negative way. It sucks dong dong.

#195 Posted by DayWalker98 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

#196 Posted by thor321 (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: he will become Gilgamesh at this point.

#197 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: As someone who enjoys Aaron’s work on Thor and is a big Thor fan himself, even i have to admit my biggest gripe with his entire run is how poorly he characterizes Odin. To be fair, that trend was started before him with Fraction and it seems every writer since then has written Odin in this overtly negative way. It sucks dong dong.

Remender wrote him pretty well during Uncanny Avengers, he did him more justice in 3 pages than every appearance he has had since 2011.

#198 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Remender wrote him pretty well during Uncanny Avengers, he did him more justice in 3 pages than every appearance he has had since 2011.

It's been a hot minute since I read Remender's UA, such a fantastic run. Can't remember the Odin seen but I'll take your word for it. Al Ewing also wrote a pretty good Odin in the Tenth Realm mini didn't he?

#199 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

It's been a hot minute since I read Remender's UA, such a fantastic run. Can't remember the Odin seen but I'll take your word for it. Al Ewing also wrote a pretty good Odin in the Tenth Realm mini didn't he?

I don't remember much about Original Sin stuff and the Tenth Realm arc tbh.

#200 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

I don't remember much about Original Sin stuff and the Tenth Realm arc tbh.

If I remember correctly he released himself from his imprisonment with Cul to go save Loki and Thor, and he had a nice speech about how he loved his daughter, son and the one who is both (Loki).