Spoiler: The Identity of Thor is Revealed

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"We need a god who understands what it means to be humbled. To be mortal. A god who knows how precious life is. How delicate. A god whos struggles everyday to live a worthy life. Who suffers so that no one else will have to. A god who loves the earth enough to die for it."

The issue lost me with this, because while i'm sure these words describe Jane Foster, they also describe Thor and always have. These are lessons and values that are at the very core of his origin story, that's he's had challenged time and again, and lived up to time and again. Therefore the implication that he somehow falls short of any of these things honestly just pisses me off. Kind of like the earlier instances where you have Thor going on about how great a fit Jane is for the hammer, better than he ever was. Seems like the author trying to make her seem super awesome just cause.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scootybali14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By scootybali14

Dont believe I was tlking to you lmaoo

@z3ro180

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#204  Edited By 2chimcha3

I called it! And this makes me really happy :P

Can't wait to see what Aaron has in store for us.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By ThorOdinson24

Not as bad as the stupid Thor Corps(Cops) in Secret Wars #2 I would rather stick with She Thor plot then what they are doing to Thor's name and being in secret wars.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not as bad as the stupid Thor Corps(Cops) in Secret Wars #2 I would rather stick with She Thor plot then what they are doing to Thor's name and being in secret wars.

THAT bad, eh? Good thing I already decided to ignore nearly all the Secret Wars nonsense.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh

it continues.

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmaprice:

LOLOLOLOL,...you freaking killed me with that one.

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today I am neither angry nor surprised.

I said it was stupid and it was. I said that it was not pre-written and it wasn't. Jason Aaron just pulled a bunch of crap out of his butt and splattered it on a page so that we could eat it up. Everyone said, "you can't complain until you read it". Thank you YouTube for proving that untrue.

The arm from TGOT - rushed into this book with no linkage whatsoever. Just to give the appearance of some type of premeditation.

Odin can't pick up Mjolnir - no explanation.

Thor can't pick up Mjolnir - no explanation. And Thor's still acting noble for what it's worth so what changed?

Odin acting like a tyrant - fuel for the dominating feminist who want nothing to do with equality.

Thor's teets on every page - something again for the dominating feminist who can simultaneously talk out of both sides of their mouth "portraying women as sexual toys is bad"/"show me more Thor teets"

Mjolnir flying through the air with Thor expressing "it's never done that for me". Must be some ancient Asgardian you think? No, its just some BS to through you off the scent. Or its because "the Hammer likes to be stroked by *HER* hand". I'm good with either explanation - at least I have one for this unlike everything else in this book.

Jane on the moon walking around unnoticed while suffering cancer and expressing "There must always be a Thor" as if she didn't personally know one?!?!? "A" Thor - like some concept that you know only conceptually? This is just mindbogglingly bad character development if you knew it was Jane beforehand. Or maybe Jason just decided recently?

Jane refusing magic treatment - why not destroy her character as well by having her contradict her own belief system? Great character development.

The "All-Mother", nice concept. Where'd you come up with that idea?

New character? Interesting story? Every word that came out of "Jane's" mouth was something that Thor had spoken before in the exact same way. Every fighting move that "Jane" had done Thor had done before (for 1000s of years). I love how "Jane" could do all the stuff instantly as well as a guy/god who had practiced for a 1000 years.

THESE BE MIGHTY FINE FIREWORKS. BUT A STORY, IT IS NOT.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Yes hopefully Thor Odinson will come back and wreck all the Thor copies.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Senglord:Nah pretty sure DC is better in TV, Video games, animated movies, cartoons than Marvel. Marvel does have the kiddy fanbase with movies though ;)

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord:Sorry but DC has Marvel beat easily in the Gaming, Cartoon, Animated and TV mediums...comics even of late I'd give to DC, only SW is making Marvel get high spots not even actual Marvel characters...

@pr_1030: haha that was great. pfftt lol no worries, those shows are crap compared to DC TV. Did you know Agent Carter nearly got canned? lol

DubyaNW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When asked about the female Thor, Aaron said it was always his intention to have someone else wield the hammer since he started writing Thor (god butcher story arc). Once he said that, I knew it was Jane Foster.

DubyaNW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Also, you'd think that Mjolnir would have healed here, but plots must go on.

You're not reading it. Mjolnir is actually making her cancer worse.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Yes hopefully Thor Odinson will come back and wreck all the Thor copies.

That would be my hope as well, though someone mentioned Aaron having more of a focus on Thor from the Ultimate universe in this Secret Wars tie-in? Hopefully that's just a rumor, and while I have nothing against Ultimate Thor, I'd prefer he stayed in his own universe... oh, wait... dammit!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I seriously doubt that Ultimate Thor would become the main Thor of the 616 in the future. If so, that would be an epic disaster. Just so he can line up with the whole "they're just aliens from outer space" garbage from the movies. I seriously doubt that would happen, but then again this is the same company that brought you the "Clone Saga", "Original Sin", and "One More Day."

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#218  Edited By Teerack

You know what's great about this though? People can finally stop calling her "lady thor" or "female thor" when she is just Thor. People can say "Thor(Foster)" and "Thor(Odinson)" like the way people do when they want to be clear who they are talking about when talking about a hero with lots of mantle passing like Green Lantern or Ant-Man. People tent to say "Ant-Man(O'grady)" or "Green Lanter(Hal)" stuff like that. That is even how some of the wiki pages on this site are labeled.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dubyanw said:

Yea and that seems "logical" to you?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Teerack
@antithetical said:

@teerack: She's Thordis, not Thor...

No Caption Provided

No now she is Thor. The writer of the series and the editor and chief of marvel have even explicitly said she is Thor not lady Thor, Thor girl, Thorita, or anything like that.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: whatever, as you said, now we can at least differentiate between who's who and I'm calling her "Thordis"... "Thor(dis)" if I'm feeling generous.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By antithetical

@adamtrmm said:
@dubyanw said:

I don't think that it's necessarily making the cancer worse more so than her transformation into Thordis is further weakening her human form each and every time.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@adamtrmm said:
@dubyanw said:

Why not? She's not in Thor form all the time. When she reverts back, she's human again. With her human body being ill, it makes some sense that the transformations would take its toll on her.

DubyaNW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
@dubyanw said:

I don't think that it's necessarily making the cancer worse more so than her transformation into Thordis is further weakening her human form each and every time.

Yes, you are correct. That is the explanation Jason Aaron gave in the last issue in the letters section. I did not explain myself correctly. Which BTW I think it's related to Fury's whisper. Repeated intimate proximity to Thor perhaps caused her cancer?

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By GalacticFork

@antithetical said:

@teerack: whatever, as you said, now we can at least differentiate between who's who and I'm calling her "Thordis"... "Thor(dis)" if I'm feeling generous.

And so you choose to call her the name of some Norwegian girl an alternate version of Jane Foster knew in nursing school?

DubyaNW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

@adamtrmm said:
@dubyanw said:

We've had non-Asguardians pick up the hammer but except for Beta Ray Bill, none have used the hammer for an extended period of time. (Masterson was given Thor's form and power by Odin not the hammer). The rules of what would happen to an earth human using the hammer for an extended period of time has not been established. So now you claim to know the rules of an imaginary hammer?

Magic hammer? You: "Totally believable!"

Magic hammer transformation effect so powerfully traumatic that a human ALREADY sick with cancer will get worse. You: "Total BS!"

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The word "generous" implies there is something of value. You're free to call her by the wrong term, but don't pretend there is some kind of value in it. xD

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: and your use of the term "wrong" is subjective from my point of view, but that's fine, tow the line and support the man all you want, I'm sure you think you're hilarious. :P

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By adamTRMM

@dubyanw: @galacticfork:

Acceptable. (I'm very humble today)

Still, wouldn't you say that such a hammer that grants its wielder immortality and what not, even though for as long as it's being wielded, couldn't really help her and only makes it all worse?

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Well, it doesn't have to make it worse. I imagine a healthy person would be fine, at least until their human self reached old age. She's not only got the cancer issue, but she's still going through chemo treatments which is horrid on the body.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: and your use of the term "wrong" is subjective from my point of view, but that's fine, tow the line and support the man all you want, I'm sure you think you're hilarious. :P

No, not really the same thing at all. She IS Thor It's a fact not an opinion. It would be like calling X-23 Wolverinedis for no reason... It's just not accurate. You can be inaccurate that's fine, but this isn't a subjective thing... Unless... maybe you don't know what the meaning of subjective is?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My name is now OJ Simpson cause I can wear a glove

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By antithetical

@teerack: Feel free to lap up the Kool Aid to your heart's content, I'm not buying it though.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dubyanw:

@adamtrmm: Well, it doesn't have to make it worse. I imagine a healthy person would be fine, at least until their human self reached old age. She's not only got the cancer issue, but she's still going through chemo treatments which is horrid on the body.

No Caption Provided

If the plot also could prove that Jane was worthy before wield the hammer and not only after, if Jane's worthiness wasn't only connected to her current heath condition this was a less complicated story, Aaron's writing on Jane can be very very tricky, that's why no one should run any possible future scenarios without know the all story...

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By ThorOdinson24

@antithetical: Have you read secret wars yet? Cause She Thor is with the other earth 616 characters in the life rift and I didn't see ultimate Thor with the Thor Cops of Doom so I don't think they are with the Thor cops yet and have they showed what happen to Thor and Hyperion after the beyonder swarmed them?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: I'm taking a pass on Secret Wars, and as far as I know there's been no mention of Thor and Hyperion or their fate since being overwhelmed by the Beyonders in New Avengers.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Teerack

@antithetical: What does that even mean? So in other words you just don't believe that what is happening in the comics is happening? I'm sorry but I find that really funny personally. That's like reading x-men and go "nope Wolverine isn't dead." xD

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

If the plot also could prove that Jane was worthy before wield the hammer and not only after, if Jane's worthiness wasn't only connected to her current heath condition this was a less complicated story, Aaron's writing on Jane can be very very tricky, that's why no one should run any possible future scenarios without know the all story...

I don't think you're interpreting the the quote right. You're mixing up cause and effect. Her using Mjolnir even though it's harming isn't what makes her worthy, her being worthy is why she's willing to do it. It's the kind of person she is. It's a testament to her worthiness, not the source of it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Asgaard

@galacticfork said:
@asgaard said:

I don't think you're interpreting the the quote right. You're mixing up cause and effect. Her using Mjolnir even though it's harming isn't what makes her worthy, her being worthy is why she's willing to do it. It's the kind of person she is. It's a testament to her worthiness, not the source of it.

I didn't made any interpretation of Alonso's quote... I just think that this arc should prove her worthiness with other sub plots not connected with her disease before she wield the hammer...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol femthor get that trash outta here

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheer stupidity of this made me want to quit reading comics for the first time since i started.

DubyaNW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Acceptable. (I'm very humble today)

Still, wouldn't you say that such a hammer that grants its wielder immortality and what not, even though for as long as it's being wielded, couldn't really help her and only makes it all worse?

The hammer does not grant immortality. It can't. Granting immortality is not part of the hammer's power. The magic from the hammer comes from Odin. Odin is not immortal. All the Thor future stories shows Odin eventual dies and Thor becomes the All-Father. Thor even said once "we (Asgardians) live many thousands of years but we are not immortal".

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Jane Foster is not Thor, she is Jane Foster. The hammer gives you Thor powers, it doesn't transform you into Thor. Only Thor is Thor. She is only using his name.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Teerack
@jayc1324 said:

@teerack: Jane Foster is not Thor, she is Jane Foster. The hammer gives you Thor powers, it doesn't transform you into Thor. Only Thor is Thor. She is only using his name.

Wow how can you not see the massive contradiction in your post? She is using the name now meaning she is Thor now...

They literally released a book called Thors that shows all the different people from various times and realities that are considered Thors because people are in denial that other people besides the Odinson can be Thor. Superheroes/villains name themselves after gods all the time so Thor would be no different.

Jane Foster's current super identity has nothing to do with Thor Odinson's name. He is just choosing of his own free will to not use the name Thor right now. I'm sure when Thor Odinson goes back to being Thor he isn't going to do something so unworthy as to tell Jane she is no longer Thor. They would probably both be Thor at the same times eventually. It's not like there haven't been multiple Ant-Man's, Spider-Woman's, Spider-Man's, and other super heroes of the same name at the same time before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Using someone's name doesn't make you that person. None of those other characters are Thor either, besides Thor Odinson.

If I started calling myself "Teerack", would I be you? No. It doesn't matter what I call myself, I will never actually be you. She is only using his name.

If Jane somehow became a genius and started going by "Tony Stark" that wouldn't make her tony stark, she'd just be using his name. If she wanted to go by "Thanos" she wouldn't actually be Thanos, she is just using his name. So if she wants to go by Thor, guess what, she's still not Thor, she is just using his name.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Asgaard

@teerack said:
@jayc1324 said:

Wow how can you not see the massive contradiction in your post? She is using the name now meaning she is Thor now...

They literally released a book called Thors that shows all the different people from various times and realities that are considered Thors because people are in denial that other people besides the Odinson can be Thor. Superheroes/villains name themselves after gods all the time so Thor would be no different.

Jane Foster's current super identity has nothing to do with Thor Odinson's name.He is just choosing of his own free will to not use the name Thor right now. I'm sure when Thor Odinson goes back to being Thor he isn't going to do something so unworthy as to tell Jane she is no longer Thor.They would probably both be Thor at the same times eventually. It's not like there haven't been multiple Ant-Man's, Spider-Woman's, Spider-Man's, and other super heroes of the same name at the same time before.

The bold part is a Massive Contradiction and the all post is just laughable...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Teerack
@jayc1324 said:

@teerack: Using someone's name doesn't make you that person. None of those other characters are Thor either, besides Thor Odinson.

If I started calling myself "Teerack", would I be you? No. It doesn't matter what I call myself, I will never actually be you. She is only using his name.

If Jane somehow became a genius and started going by "Tony Stark" that wouldn't make her tony stark, she'd just be using his name. If she wanted to go by "Thanos" she wouldn't actually be Thanos, she is just using his name. So if she wants to go by Thor, guess what, she's still not Thor, she is just using his name.

So in other words... I'm right... If you named yourself Teerack then guess what. I would be Teerack and you would also be Teerack. Thor is a name it's not special. Let me try and make this even more simple. If my name is Matt then I am Matt, BUT if someone else is named Matt they they are also Matt, but not the same person just a different Matt.

I am not saying Jane Foster and Thor Odinson are the same person I am saying Jane Foster is Thor also. She is A Thor the same way Peter Parker is A Spider-Man.

It would be the same as saying Miguel O'Hara is Spider-Man. That statement is true, but I am not saying that Peter Parker and Miguel O'Hara are the same person.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: You aren't right just because you say you are.

See, that's where you're wrong. Thor is special. He is a god of thunder. There's only one Norse god of thunder and that is Thor. Others can be called Thor, but no one can ever be the god of thunder Thor, which Jane is pretending to be. There is no such thing as *A* Thor in terms of gods. Only Thor Odinson is the god of thunder. Others can use his name but they are not him, and are not gods. Kind of like how if I wanted to go by "President Obama" it still wouldn't make me a president.

Using someone's name doesn't make you that person. Jane foster is not thor.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Jane Foster is not Thor Odinson, but she is Thor. And the Goddess of Thunder. And even in the history of the the Thor comics, others have been considered Thor, and gods of thunder. Your stubbornness and refusal to accept history means exactly 0.