So the Whisper was revealed. are you guys satisfied with the reason?

• 66 results
w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gorr was right

do you accept this as a good enough reason...still not sure why odin couldn't lift it or anyone else who tried who would be able to.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Its obvious the reason was just shoe horned in at this point and it really doesn't make much sense at all given everything that happened between then and now. Its just the best thing they could come up with to fill in the mystery.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By antithetical

@spambot said:

No. Its obvious the reason was just shoe horned in at this point and it really doesn't make much sense at all given everything that happened between then and now. Its just the best thing they could come up with to fill in the mystery.

I have to agree, other than ignore it entirely and hope everyone would stop caring about it it's what I expected they'd do all along.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Of course not, but Aaron Superhero stuff is shit, and always was (GoT was a fluke, and its art did most of the heavy lifting) so I wasn't suprised.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Better to save the brain cells and write it off as more of the same b.s.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Can someone please explain? I'm not the biggest Thor fan, but that whisper mystery was always bugging me.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15: I thought Thor fans where excited about his new Unworthy title. Granted I stopped reading Thor during GOT.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awful

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'm not updated with the gossip

What did Gorr said? Why he was right?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thorthunder98

Just posting this on all the threads so everyone can see that Jason Aaron doesn't have a clue because It doesn't work and makes 0 sense because....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

IF thinking "Gorr was right" was enough to make him unworthy he would've been unworthy at these points in God Bomb arc OKT basically said the same thing Fury said to him OKT was still worthy and so is Thor. While he was destroying the god bomb he thought the same exact thing and he still continued to hold the hammers. It's like everyone at marvel doesn't remember the comics they put out and even Jason Aaron doesn't remember his own comics jesus christ...

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Save your energies bud! There is NO sense to it!

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so like...was the entire arc just WIS?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

It's incredibly stupid and if you actually plug it in the scene where Fury wishers to Thor, it's hilariously out of place. No for real, go back to the scene and plug in the words and proceed to watch how Thor becomes absolutely amazed at something he's already heard from Gorr himself. It's clear they had no real plan and they shoehorned this in here because they kind of wrote themselves into a corner.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confusing

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thorthunder98
arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No , Thor is a true warrior and has been so forever and a day. He has heard worse on the battle field and to think that would make him lose faith in himself when people have been saying it for years.

He has saved countless lives been prayed to by young and old and ushered souls to the after life after a bloody battle.

So to think a whisper saying what they said to Thor caused him to doubt himself , to think he wakes up every day and says I am unworthy to think he even for one second looks at his reflection as says to himself. Your not worthy and his legacy says. Your not only worthy but look what you did in the past , saved your father countless times , the realm eternal thousands of times saved earth and the people so many times nobody can keep up and yet some evil vile creature says stuff only a two year old would fall for. Yet poof it works.

Bad writing nothing more.

If your trying to destroy the character of Thor the nobility of the warrior then your doing a good job Jasson bravo your sending fans away your setting up the movie to lose money and your efforts are like you just could not care about fan base what so ever.

Bravo A++ for effort on the trying to destroy a hero and you may have done the deed.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RabumAlal

I understand and agree with all the criticism on this. However, it should be noted that thinking it to himself or hearing it from OKT is different from hearing it from someone who had access to many secrets. It's basically a confirmation of everything Thor doubts about Gorr.

Still doesn't explain why Odin can't lift it, maybe Mjolnir heard it as well.

On Aaron overall, his GoT was very good and his current stuff is very hit and miss. I sometimes really enjoy his stuff and sometimes can't believe how bad it is. Oddly enough, I find his writing of Thor (Odinson) to be spot-on and enjoyable with or without the hammer. Hopefully, with this initial blunder finally wrapped up, his stories will improve.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

E for effort.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I actually do think it's a pretty cool reason, but I don't think it's a good enough reason to have dragged out the reveal for 3 years or however long it's been. I do hope it means Gorr will comeback though, he was a really cool villain, and by far the best thing that Aaron has done.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thekillerklok

I'm a bit surprised the whisper wasn't "Your to slow.."

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well he is contradicting himself.. OKT said it before.. its just an opinion, gorr and fury doesnt even make it more true.. if this was a fact, thor should be unworthy before this has happened.

the caster of the enchantment, odin, can manipulate whoever he wants to wield the hammer. but he cant . and so retcon this, the mother storm so mjolnir can pick who is its wielder.

now we have the whisper that all gods cant. but loki did after the whisper in AXIS..

aaron showed us that worthiness is affected by a gods insecurity(WTF).

so many problems with the whisper, many plotholes, bad writing by a bad writer who forgets his own comics.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: OKT is different from someone who can literally see everything

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By titing2101

@kgb725 said:

@titing2101: OKT is different from someone who can literally see everything

even if he is different, the fact that the claim gods are unworthy, it should have an effect.

the worthiness automatically(should) take effect when u are not deemed unworthy/worthy. not by statement

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: No it shouldn't old king Thor was fighting for his life every day and seemed like he lost all hope.

The statement itself didn't make him unworthy it's the realization that everything he worked for and believed in was a lie

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@titing2101: No it shouldn't old king Thor was fighting for his life every day and seemed like he lost all hope.

The statement itself didn't make him unworthy it's the realization that everything he worked for and believed in was a lie

but realizing or thinking what he has done was a lie(if true) doesnt change the fact that he was doing the right thing,everything he has done, which from the start made him worthy.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: But by making it true then that means everything he's done could be meaningless or had alot of negative consequences

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@titing2101: But by making it true then that means everything he's done could be meaningless or had alot of negative consequences

but thats the problem.

lets take for an example the people who were asking for rain, their gods was killed, and a young girl/boy prayed to him, if not for him they will die. that wont be meaningless right?

mostly what we ve seen from him did not have any negative consequences except for what was shown with the enchanted axe

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Maybe not him specifically though but all gods in general

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's incredibly stupid and if you actually plug it in the scene where Fury wishers to Thor, it's hilariously out of place. No for real, go back to the scene and plug in the words and proceed to watch how Thor becomes absolutely amazed at something he's already heard from Gorr himself. It's clear they had no real plan and they shoehorned this in here because they kind of wrote themselves into a corner.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By adamTRMM

There's a significant disjoint between what Aaron is trying to tell and what really is. It's also doesn't help that Gorr wasn't really a sympathetic villain with a point to be taken for granted. I'm leaving Thordis out of this, and also only want to concentrate on the story, just like most of Aaron's apologists want us to. For starters, I fully admit I found his GoT run to be pretty damn good - it wasn't a masterpiece, it wasn't a revelation, but it was a quality work and pretty damn interesting take on Marvel mythology. Of course, I would have never even thought of picking it up initially, because part of me will always hate Aaron for what he did to the X-men with his absolutely abysmal take that poisoned the lore for so long, but for some reason his take for Thor conceptwise (and artwise, very important here as well) and pretty much universal praise did make me curious. And well, with God of Thunder, he delivered. That's where he finally exposed all of his strengths as writer and actually took his job for serious, he took his personal bias being an atheist, projected it right into the pages of a godling he's writing about, and asked somewhat relevant questions - in story of course. It worked for what it was in Godbutcher Saga, may also be somewhat symbolic on meta level, but barely. One thing for sure, it should've stopped there, because there was nothing else to add, really. Thor, the protagonist, is the WORTHY god. He more than proved that. That's until Thordis and worthiness of all gods become the pivotal point of his whole tale apparently (I bet it was because he decided to milk on his most successful arc a little bit more, but I'm just speculating).

Now, let's see if that really works well in MU when all things are considered: did Gorr have a point really? No. He took his personal bias and selfishly projected (Aaron's atheism projection I spoke about before taken to the extreme against probably his ideal for a god?) it the wrong way, with the power he obtained from another godling, I mind you. How are gods guilty of his misfortunes exactly? In Aaron's story, they really aren't. Now, if there was a buildup showing gods FORCEFULLY compel mortals around the worlds to idolize them, or at the very least make them become dependent on them, only to abandon, or abuse mortal trust and needs, then hell yeah, that would be a powerful case against the worthiness of gods. But there, you could only spot mortals who somehow think gods obliged to answer their prayers, obliged to grant them their wishes. Is that so? So here comes another question - who are the gods in MU? Do they really owe anything to said mortals? Are they even really GODS the way mortals perceive them? Or just powerful aliens with some amazing abilities and lifespan? All interesting questions that I'd love to see Thor comics explore and develop, problem is, nothing really shows or explores it properly now. Only gimmicks that we somehow are supposed to accept as "natural progression" of said story that stopped providing the right answers and now only relies on tokenism, caricatures and established mythology twisting rather than compelling and challenging themes that might've been at the core of this tale initially - now this, this is much more the Aaron I'm familiar with, the one that trashed X-men, Hulk, Ghost Rider, and eventually even the only thing he did right, Thor.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B.S.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony:

I tried his run, but it didn't have the strong hook GoT had, admittedly. Maybe I'll try it again in the future.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Asgaard

@uugieboogie said:
@theacidskull said:

No Caption Provided

LOL...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Asgaard

Also since still are some Aaron apologists, can anyone explain how the new creative decisions (in terms of narrative) justified the end of Thor God of Thunder? What was the point? We all know that Aaron butchered a lot Thor/Asgard to try to have a female version of Thor (never really worked) but after that whisper what did Aaron positively constructed around Thor's lore? We had Gorr in TGoT, and after that whisper we had???

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
@uugieboogie said:
@theacidskull said:

No Caption Provided

LOL...

LMAO it looks so ridiculous when you slot that whisper in

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL only at Marvel can a writer absolutely blow a hole through his own established continuity from two years previous. It's like Aaron took Bendis' playbook and came up with three trick plays in a row, all of which resulted in a turnover.

Lanstar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lanstar777

So after three years it all came down to an old mans opinion....(Nick Fury or not). If that's the case and Thor can be so swayed by one old guys opinion instead of saying, "Ya right buddy what do you know of what it takes to be a worthy God!", then he truly isn't worth. Hey Aaron which finger am I holding up? Give you one guess...

Thor Odinson. Thor, his given name. Thor his name not his title. Thor died in Original sin. Since then all we have had is a joke, a very bad joke.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Aaron forcing his atheist garbage into the mythos. I'm an atheist personally and quite embarrassed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such a stupid reveal.

I was hoping that Fury would wiper something new, why would Thor react in such a way to something he already suspected to be true???

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Jurgens' run is by far and away better than anything Aaron has done with Thor. And I enjoyed the God Butcher arc, flawed as it was. I re-read it last year and the beauty of Jurgens' run is that Thor goes through so many different phases, tests, battles and emotions. It was capped beautifully by Oeming's "Ragnarok" story.

Aaron's shallow attempt at questioning the importance of Marvel gods pales in comparison to how Jurgens addresses the role of gods in Marvel.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of lazy

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By slimj87d

**** this whole stupid run. It went well until issue 5. What a cop out and a **** tease.