So is anyone actually reading the Jane-Thor comics??

• 178 results
Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm curious to see if anyone is actually reading the Jane-Thor comic series because on comicvine I haven't seen anyone talking about her or it so I assume not many are reading it.

Also I hope marvel check comicvine and realise since the intro of Jane being 'Thor' the Thor forums have basically become dead they used to consistently be one of the most active on the vine and now there's barely any activity in them just shows how Aaron destroyed the character.

So, anyone a fan of the current 'Thor' series?

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Knight101

@thorthunder98: *Waves hand* I might get some fire from this but I'm reading it and loving it. I don't expect this to last so I'm milking this for all it's worth.

But, just because I'm liking Jane as Thor doesn't mean I don't like Odinson because I do. And I do wish he'd get his hammer back. He will one day but until that day, I'm enjoying Jane's run as Thor.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HighAccuser

Am I fan of Thor and his mythos, support cast and general presence in the Marvel Universe? Absolutely. Am I fan of this feminist gimmick which completely disrespects all the aforementioned topics. No I am not.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BullPR

@thorthunder98:

The slope is not great:

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$4.99

Marvel

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am reading it and it's okay. The only reason I am reading it is because I am getting it for free online.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

How the hell did Mjolnir suddenly get a 'Make body double of Jane Foster' power? Because Jane is so worthy and special in the 6 months she's had Mjolnir compared to the centuries Mjolnir has been owned by Thor.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm not reading it. I don't even know what's going on.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a cool book, I like the villains, and want to know more about the sentient mjolnir. Still waiting for Thor to come back though

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you read it and enjoy it fair enough, but as a long time Thor fan I just feel it disrespects the whole of Thor's history I read a few of the issues and just was not good and too much like a SJW comic

They've just changed so much and not for any good purpose like sentient Mjolnir is absolutely ridiculous.

That whisper which we were meant to know why Thor became unworthy was never revealed because they never actually had a valid reason for Thor to be unworthy and still can't think of one that fits into that little speech bubble so they just ignore it.

Jane-Thor contending with Odin was just the most ridiculous PIS I've ever seen.

It's just seems a PR gimmick by marvel as they've been doing with all their comics to try and be politically correct but completely fail because it's all forced. The only good ongoing marvel series I currently read is Black Panther.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: Yea I've seen it's declined in sales heavily probably cause people start it to see what it's about then just drop it a few issues in like myself when I saw how they were tarnishing Thor's history and character will probably keep dropping too.

@lvenger:It's the power of feminism it somehow makes Jane better with Mjolnir than Thor for some reason. Maybe now it's sentient she treats it better so it likes her more guess Mjolnir is like a pet dog now...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thorthunder98: GREAT CONTINUITY!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@thorthunder98:

The slope is not great:

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$3.99

Marvel

Mighty Thor

$4.99

Marvel

I posted this a while ago on another website as proof that Marvel's gimmick with Jane is losing people.

TheLurkingFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't read it. Marvel doesn't seem to understand that Thor fans are fans of Thor, not Mjolnir, and whatever schmuck happens to be using it.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a strong supporter for Jason Aaron when it comes to Thor simply because he nailed God of Thunder. But hot damn was the last issue terrible. Mjolnir was speaking and shit.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I'm dreading the next issue because Aaron is doing the 'secret' origin of Mjoljnir. I'm really wary about how Aaron is going to screw over the creation of Mjolnir with some BS retcon for progressive purposes. Or giving Mjolnir a female sentient personality -_-

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 morpheus_  Moderator

@lvenger: It could had been worse, Mjolnir could be given a pet name and treated like an additional character like the Surfer's board is now called "Toomy" by the incorrigible Dan Slott.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage book , dropped it after reading #3

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Still reading.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Did Slott seriously have the Surfer name his board "Toomy?" Yuck what garbage. I know Slott is basically treating the Surfer like his own Dr Who fan fiction but that's a ghastly decision.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Schwarz

@thorthunder98: I understand your feelings. We also have the same going on on the Hulk forums. It is completely dead over there also. Not saying the Hulk forum was always active like the Thor one but nowadays we get 1 or 2 posts a week but there really isn't much to say. You guys got Jane we got Cho, this PC crap has got to stop really...

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 morpheus_  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@morpheus_: Did Slott seriously have the Surfer name his board "Toomy?" Yuck what garbage. I know Slott is basically treating the Surfer like his own Dr Who fan fiction but that's a ghastly decision.

The Surfer said, "to me my board" to which Dawn, the Doctor's, eh, Norrin's companion thought he said, "Toomy" and started referring to the board in that manner. It has been going on for a very long while, pre-Secret Wars.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

The Surfer said, "to me my board" to which Dawn, the Doctor's, eh, Norrin's companion thought he said, "Toomy" and started referring to the board in that manner. It has been going on for a very long while, pre-Secret Wars.

How have I not noticed that? That's just idiotic writing, it doesn't fit a character like the Silver Surfer to have his board nicknamed.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 morpheus_  Moderator

@lvenger said:
@morpheus_ said:
@lvenger said:

How have I not noticed that? That's just idiotic writing, it doesn't fit a character like the Silver Surfer to have his board nicknamed.

To be fair to Slott, the book has been exceptional. It just isn't a Silver Surfer book.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: Oh snap!!! She's not doing great. :-(

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really I'm trade waiting the seris

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

im not and don't ever want to read it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HighAccuser

@lvenger: Slott is a hack and ruins Spidey too

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger
Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm reading it and I really like it

The main reason you seem to read only complain about this [and many others] comic, is that a who like them is happy and have no reason to lose time for defending his taste, while who don't like them is frustraded since their continue to spend money on things that they don't like and feel necessary to tell that do anyone...

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@thorthunder98: Dude...you're my hero lol you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth man. I was so mad that she is somehow more worthy of wielding the hammer then Thor based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Literally nothing. I was reading it like how tf is she able to fight on par with Odin?! How tf is Mjolnir suddenly able to deny Odin?! How tf is Mjolnir suddenly sentient & able to form bodies & speak?! It's so stupid. It's literally just PC bullshit dude. It's so bad they even make fun of it in the comic. Absorbing Man says "Stupid feminist ruining everything" when he first fights Jane Thor lol

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm currently reading it & have been following it since Issue #1 because the thing I love about Thor is (mostly him) but also Asgard(ia), the mythology, language & cast of characters. These things remain somewhat intact. Also because I have an unhealthy obsession with Thor & this is the only one we've got! I very well may drop this book & pirate it once The Unworthy finally comes out. With that said I have to admit that I like Daario Agger & Roxxon. Dude is just sick lol the writing/story varies from issue to issue. It'll take you back to God of Thunder one book & then just shit on all your hopes & dreams the next. The villains (to me) are only threats because they're fighting Jane Thor. I feel like the Odinson would have just blew up Roxxon island & called it a day. Silver Samurai Jr & Exterminatrix? C'mon...they aren't even worthy of licking shit off the Odinson's boot heel let alone being called "Thor villains" like they are in book. My biggest complaint is her being called Thor. NOBODY that picked up Mjolnir before ever was called Thor, they were who they were with the powers of Thor. Thor is not a title or a mantle it is the Odinson's name. It makes no sense that she is "Thor" because she picked up the hammer. At least call her She-Thor or something. My second complain is that this is literally just PC bullshit at it's finest. For example look at her first encounter with Absorbing Man & Titania. Absorbing Man tells it all in one sentence "Stupid feminist are ruining everything" lol & why in Gods name did Titania decide the knock out her husband & then surrender because Thor is a female?! She didn't do that shit when she fought any other female heroes that I know of! It's just so bad sometimes it makes me cringe for having bought it. But like I said certain issues are solid IMO & they're usually the ones that don't involve much Jane Thor. The ones that focus on Jane (dying), Agger, Loki, Malekeith, Asgardia & other side plots/characters are my favorite. Issue #8 is the best to me because you get introduced to the 1% of the 1% and it's a round table of the richest badass villains in Marvel. Pretty sweet.

Overall though I say don't spend $ on it. TPB it if anything. Pirate is recommended lol Most times I end up feeling meh or regretting the $ I've spent but I'm OCD about collections & Thor. This book is definitely in danger of being chopped off my pull list when The Unworthy comes out tho.

TheWhiteCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheWhiteCrown

I still do read Thor comics. Though I mostly end up screaming at the book, and cursing the writer's name. And I kind of I only read it because I don't like being uninformed of current comic events, and because my friend works at a store that sells comics - i.e., I don't have to waste my money on it.

Sumiladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: @thorthunder98:Come on guys Lets bef air here. Her sales are doing extremely well. She continuously tops digital sales charts, which are not factored into regular sales figure charts like the one you posted. Her comics are actually selling like hot cakes.

And not going to lie, her comic is extremely good. Jason Aaron has written one of the greatest Thor comics arcs in recent history with this. It is universally acclaimed, and is genius in how it balances her interactions with Thor Odinson, her dual personality, as well as how her powers affect the cancer inside of her, and manipulates her. Its really good drama.

Sumiladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: I thought Mjolnir having a state of mystical sentience made perfect sense in context and it communicating was actually pretty clever. I think you are just upset that this was written in a female Thor story arc and not the original Thor. Mjolnir makes choices and decides who is worthy all the time. Thor speaks to it consistently. The idea that it is sentient, shouldn't be that hard of a reach to believe. But an obvious reveal in fact.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Asgaard

@sumiladon said:

@nerevarine_11: @thorthunder98:Come on guys Lets bef air here. Her sales are doing extremely well. She continuously tops digital sales charts, which are not factored into regular sales figure charts like the one you posted. Her comics are actually selling like hot cakes.

And not going to lie, her comic is extremely good. Jason Aaron has written one of the greatest Thor comics arcs in recent history with this. It is universally acclaimed, and is genius in how it balances her interactions with Thor Odinson, her dual personality, as well as how her powers affect the cancer inside of her, and manipulates her. Its really good drama.

So lets be fair and accurate here, since Thor movie in 2011 that Thor/Asgard always had spins ex. The Fearless, Journey Into Mystery (Gillen Kid Loki), Journey Into Mystery (Kathryn Immonen Sif), Fearless Defenders, Loki Agent of Asgard, Angela Asgard's Assassin, and now? None, right? Did you ask yourself why? Its simple... Since that whisper that Aaron slowly killed all the appeal to the established Thor/Asgard readers... To a point where marvel tried a comic with Loki about US politics, knowing this Marvel will try to sell the Unworthy Thor comic as a short series separated from the creative decisions that Thor/Asgard fans still reject... So how successful is/was female Thor, with the current data i would say that was a flop that never had appeal range and was rejected and hated by the majority who loves this title and still has potential for disaster because now was time to reinforce Thor/Asgard appeal in comics not make this huge segregation between new readers and old/established readers/fans, with so many offer in the other mediums regarding comic book stuff in the long term Thor comics may very well be B lister again, because Feige/Marvel Studios also is not connected to the rest of Marvel anymore and there is no more joint effort/appeal like in 2011 and 2012...

"Jason Aaron has written one of the greatest Thor comics arcs in recent history with this." Its only my impression or you sound that is more than just your own opinion... (lol) Is not even a Thor story... If had Daredevil in the title no one would notice, Thor is about Journeys into the Mystery of Gods not human/mortal diseases, and not the characters behaving like humans and human children, and you can not say in what stories this title was about Gods... Because the same writer did very recently (like 3 years ago) the God Butcher, you don't notice differences in the tone, worldbuilding & characters behavior? So what the hel are you talking about? This is basically the same crap from the 90's (Thor worse stories ever), and even Eric Masterson had a superior execution because it was done by Odin, there was no character Mjolnir... (sorry but each time i say character Mjolnir i have to write lol, to express how much sense it makes and how i feel about it him)...

Universally acclaimed!?! You are trolling right? How can you say that after acknowledge the content of this thread? Yes there is a huge tendency to give this title and movies like Ghostbusters 2016 (fresh on RT), tv shows like Supergirl (97% on RT) a free pass (even the Titania issue was very praised in all the medium, yet!?!) because its female lead and got a lot of hate when it was announced, but you just can't build a fake reality around this Pr reception, plus the comics is a medium where basically there is only fan perspective, you can't apply the Surgeon's law because the comics are 99% of the times very well reviewed, yet again its fiction so... Most are crap...

@sumiladon said:

@rabumalal: I thought Mjolnir having a state of mystical sentience made perfect sense in context and it communicating was actually pretty clever. I think you are just upset that this was written in a female Thor story arc and not the original Thor. Mjolnir makes choices and decides who is worthy all the time. Thor speaks to it consistently. The idea that it is sentient, shouldn't be that hard of a reach to believe. But an obvious reveal in fact.

You believe in what you just said? Mjolnir is just an enchanted weapon that never gave the wielder feed back or had its own will, and its completely the other way around, this execution only diminish Jane's character, making her the only wielder that is host of the hammer, do you really think any Thor/Gaeason fan would want stories with Thor wielding another character!?!... Its not clever its stupid and childish... Since you can not easily perceive it, here is an image of that!?!

No Caption Provided

Female Thor (since announced) was an impossible (story rooted) execution because Thor is not a mantle... If Jane was worthy of the hammer, (she isn't)... Without character Mjolnir, this is how it works when you are just writing a story rooted comic and not making a huge Pr...

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." Not become Thor..."

No Caption Provided

By the way where was character Mjolnir when inverted Loki was Worthy in Axis?

It was after the whisper!?! So... Only works with her... That is the perfect description of Aaron current writing, nothing has seeds anywhere and everything is just convenient...

Basically everything you said is wrong and propaganda that i easily dismantled before...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sumiladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Dude. The new Thor is a complete success. This is a fact. Look at any comixology, digital sales chart where almost every month, The Mighty Thor and Ms. Marvel tops the charts, even surpassing Amazing Spider-man. Female readers flock for digital sales or complete volume paper backs. And they are the most insatiable readers. When girls have interest in something, they never stop reading. They don't go to comic shops purchasing individual issues, physically, cluttering up their homes. Why would they. That is only for the most hardcore comics fans or collectors. This is fact. To say that because they are introdcuing another Thor comic about Odinson and Loki, that the current Thor isn't successful, is like saying Batman isn't successful because they are currently releasing Batman Beyond comics and other batfam related. Its pathetic.

Saying that this Thor series is one of the greatest ever written is actually not my opinion. There is a site called Comicbookroundup.com, which is essentially the Rotten Tomatoes of comic books. It takes reviews from all over the internet of every single issue of every single series and averages a score for each issue of each series. Look up The Mighty Thor and see how many Thor series compare. So it may be my opinion, that this story is phenomenal, but it is also an opinion shared by most.

Free pass? As in, you don't like the movie, so people are lying? I'm sorry, Jane Foster Thor has been out for two years. How long are they going to give her a "free pass", before they get used to her and review her fairly? I hate that argument. The "If they don't like it, they are honest. If they do like it, they are clearly lying", argument. Completely shields you from ever believing you are wrong about something. That's pitiful.

The reality is that the vocal minority online that you can clearly tell are only using this to push their negative political viewpoint, and don;t actually read the comics to judge things honestly, is not the basis to determine fan response. Actually go to comic shops. Go to comic conventions. And see the huge praise the new Thor gets by actual comic fans, because her quality is good.

Sumiladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Mjlinr is just an enchanted weapon? How dare you even reach to connect Thor in context of the Marvel universe to actual Norse mythology. As if 95% of what and how Thor is represented in the Marvel Universe isn't already a complete different adaptation that has taken ALOT of liberties from the original mythology. Mijlnor being sentient in in of itself mythologically, makes about as much sense, and is no where near any less ridiculous than any of the other HUGE liberties the Marvel version of Thor has taken to fit within this universe. Get outta here with that.

She does posses the power of Thor. She is called Thor because nobody knows her actual identity. Again. This is the serious most simplistic obvious point that nobody seems to understand, and reach to push their negative politcal agenda, as opposed to just think. What would people call this new person flying around with a hammer when they don't know her name? "The new person now worthy of Thor's hammer woman"? Sounds like a mouthful. Most likely you would call her this new Thor or.....this female Thor, because you don't know who she actually is. At that point, the name becomes the mantle as well. If her identity was ever revealed, it would be obvious that she would be labeled as who she actually is. It's like Boba Fett. No one knows who he really is, and if someone else were to put on the uniform, not knowing who he is, people would just refer to him, not as "the new guy wearing boba fetts armor", but as "this new Boba Fett." The name BECOMES the title, because the actual name is not known. You can't be this dumb.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Spambot

@sumiladon: Her being female in and of itself is reason for no one to call her Thor. Its not like when Masterson had the hammer and people thought he was Thor even though some people were doubting it was actually him. Jane is plainly not Thor, despite being dressed like him and having Mjolnir. She was given Thor's name as a title in trying not to diminish her as a character so she could replace him for an extended period of time and still be able to call the comic 'Thor'. Sure you can try to justify it on the basis of 'people don't know what else to call her' but if I had a friend by the name of Steve who I'd known for 10 years who had a nice watch he always wore and then suddenly one day some chick showed up wearing Steve's watch and driving his car would I just start calling her Steve? No, I would not. She should have the courtesy to use her own name or an alias if she wants to go around pretending to be the goddess of thunder. Not that I'm completely against the idea of a woman being worthy of wielding the hammer for a while but her using Thor's name is just a media stunt.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Asgaard

@sumiladon:

Dude. The new Thor is a complete success. This is a fact. Look at any comixology, digital sales chart where almost every month, The Mighty Thor and Ms. Marvel tops the charts, even surpassing Amazing Spider-man. Female readers flock for digital sales or complete volume paper backs. And they are the most insatiable readers. When girls have interest in something, they never stop reading. They don't go to comic shops purchasing individual issues, physically, cluttering up their homes. Why would they. That is only for the most hardcore comics fans or collectors. This is fact. To say that because they are introdcuing another Thor comic about Odinson and Loki, that the current Thor isn't successful, is like saying Batman isn't successful because they are currently releasing Batman Beyond comics and other batfam related. Its pathetic.

Like i said that is cheap propaganda... Without actual numbers & data... Also funny how some people want to give the digital sales the importance that they don't have, when a comic starts to get below the 20K its always cancelled, why isn't saved by the digital sales!?! It was a huge Pr with mainstream attention but is so far away from being Thor best seller, JMS run!?!... And enter in this discussion without the notion that franchises and spins have huge audience/appeal overlap, is just fan perspective... Yes Batman Beyond comics audience/appeal overlaps with the audience from Batman main title, many buy both... And more fan perspective is say that this comic only has a very selective appeal (you said it yourself female readers bla, bla, bla), and still call it a success... When... Like it was said Thor forums are dead because of this PR... And the unworthy Thor story has to be written in other comic when according to Aaron was the same story...

Free pass? As in, you don't like the movie, so people are lying? I'm sorry, Jane Foster Thor has been out for two years. How long are they going to give her a "free pass", before they get used to her and review her fairly? I hate that argument. The "If they don't like it, they are honest. If they do like it, they are clearly lying", argument. Completely shields you from ever believing you are wrong about something. That's pitiful.

I also can say that you shielded yourself to the point of thinking that character Mjolnir is a clever idea (lol)... And yes some reviews are influenced by politics... Few people are just that naive to not know that... Obviously i do acknowledge the audiences scores that were poor for both Supergirl and 2016 Ghostbusters, in the real world female Thor is not loved by everyone like you claim... (lol)

The reality is that the vocal minority online that you can clearly tell are only using this to push their negative political viewpoint, and don;t actually read the comics to judge things honestly, is not the basis to determine fan response. Actually go to comic shops. Go to comic conventions. And see the huge praise the new Thor gets by actual comic fans, because her quality is good.

More propaganda, i am not driven by politics and Sif is my fav. comic book character, i loved Gillen take on Angela AA, yet i think Aaron's current writing is trash... And the vocal minority is just a very flawed argument, actually works the other way around, besides being the majority of Thor fan base, since was announced this creative decisions had huge negative mainstream feed back, but since the comics is a very small medium the people with political ideology can support it to a very average sales number, something that didn't happen with the Ghostbusters movie, because in the movie medium you need appeal range...

Mjlinr is just an enchanted weapon? How dare you even reach to connect Thor in context of the Marvel universe to actual Norse mythology. As if 95% of what and how Thor is represented in the Marvel Universe isn't already a complete different adaptation that has taken ALOT of liberties from the original mythology. Mijlnor being sentient in in of itself mythologically, makes about as much sense, and is no where near any less ridiculous than any of the other HUGE liberties the Marvel version of Thor has taken to fit within this universe. Get outta here with that.

Its Mjolnir... Who talked here in Norse mythology!?! What are your debate level standards!?! IN Marvel comics Mjolnir is just an enchanted weapon (by Odin )... In Norse was not enchanted in the worthy way and Thor needed gloves to use it (iirc), but i could care less about that, the problem with new readers of this comic and marvel hardcore fans is that they think they can delve into Thor's core (FROM MARVEL) when most of the time they just can't... And some arguments can be hilarious...

She does posses the power of Thor. She is called Thor because nobody knows her actual identity. Again. This is the serious most simplistic obvious point that nobody seems to understand, and reach to push their negative politcal agenda, as opposed to just think. What would people call this new person flying around with a hammer when they don't know her name? "The new person now worthy of Thor's hammer woman"? Sounds like a mouthful. Most likely you would call her this new Thor or.....this female Thor, because you don't know who she actually is. At that point, the name becomes the mantle as well. If her identity was ever revealed, it would be obvious that she would be labeled as who she actually is. It's like Boba Fett. No one knows who he really is, and if someone else were to put on the uniform, not knowing who he is, people would just refer to him, not as "the new guy wearing boba fetts armor", but as "this new Boba Fett." The name BECOMES the title, because the actual name is not known. You can't be this dumb.

Lol some much nonsense... You just don't know anything about Marvel Thor do you!?!

No she is called Thor because that was the (Female version of Thor) Pr... Actually if you think and knew something about Thor's canon you would know that all this is about Female Thor and not Jane Foster... Because Aaron/Marvel Editorial could care less about Jane's canon as long they can sell the female Thor part...

Here is something that Aaron Ignores and you don't know anything about...

No Caption Provided

Jane has a son (James Kincaid) yet is not relevant in her current condition... Right?

You debate standards can be very poor, but at least you should know that when someone uses expressions like dumb, pathetic, pitiful, its a clear sign of insecurity and not actually believe in their own argumentation... That in this case is almost bizarre...

Sumiladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sumiladon

@asgaard: Digital Sales are killer with Ms Marvel and The Mighty Thor. The reason why most comics going below 20k are cancelled is because they are not selling regardless. The Mighty Thor and Ms. Marvel consistently top Digital sales, despite doing average sales in physical books. Not all comics translate evenly to digital sales. The female comics, specifically Thor and Ms. Marvel top near all other Marvel comics each week when they are released. https://www.comixology.com/Marvel_Comics Ms. Marvel was the second top selling comic of this week by Marvel and last week, Thor was the second top selling comic, surpassing even Amazing Spider-man. Thor forums? Who cares about the Thor forum on comic vine. These are not the standards of hardcore comic fans. Go to an actual comic store and check out their community. Or actual comic events, and check the community. The Miles Morales forum is pretty dead as well.

Again, politics influence scores that I don't agree with, even for 2 years straight. If I do agree with it its honest. That is pathetic. Dude Ghostbusters was reviewed as a 1/10 by over 5000 people over a week before the movie came out on IMDB. Audience "scores" are the absolute WORST staple to use to influence the quality of the movie because THEIR overwhelming politics "influence" a movie, before even watching it. Which is why, when BvS critic scores came out negative, it suddenly got over 6000 10/10s on IMDB audience scores, over 5 days before the movie is released. Please... Audience scores are the absolute WORST to look at as reference to anything. If people WANT to hate something based off of their politics, like you and THOR, they will never really go through them, and just continue to talk shit whenever it's brought up.

Again, it is the VOCAL minority. This is evident. The people who conplain never actually read comics, and the ones who do are a vocal minority. ACTUAL comic readers. Not casuals online who don't purchase comics, all will admit and praise Aarons work on this Thor, because they actually read comics, and don't push their own political agenda against the fact that she's a woman, and never update or have any clue on the growth of the character or story arc.

Debate level standards? You are referencing the sheer "ridiculousness" of how Mjlnor can be mystically sentient, despite how many actually RIDICULOUS aspects of adaptations Thor has done to fit into this marvel universe. Yet the hammer which already is showcased and spoken of as something that makes a choice and is sentient, actually speaks mystically, and its just too ridiculous to accept. You people are pathetic.

YOU HAVENT COUNTERED A THING!!!!! She is called Thor in context of the Marvel Universe because people do not know her identity. So they refer to her as Thor, because there it was the most natural name to refer to her as. The book COMPLETELY focuses and refers to her as Jane Foster. Are you insane. The whole point of her book, that makes it so amazing, is how she balances her cancer and her powers, along with her relationship with Thor. Ignores things? ITs a comic book with arcs. Some characters appear, and disappear for multiple arcs at a time. Aunt May would dissapear from Peters stories for 5 or 6 arcs at a time. This is basic comic storytelling. Nobody is dropping her history. Characters connected to Jane foster that I did not know about, are relevant in this, that showcases more of her personality that I didnt know about.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sumiladon: SORRY. "Actual comic fans" would've been collecting WAAAY before Marvel started acquiescing to the themes that the "REAL" fans that you describe, like. Look at the menagerie of idiocy that fills their stable! An Asian Hulk when Hulk's power and the psychological damage that created him is UNIQUE to Bruce Banner. No sense. Now, the Hammer makes a useless boring character act like the one and ONLY ORIGINAL MALE Thor? Tell me, when in it's vast history did the hammer make any of the wileders act and speak like Thor? Hmmm? Never. Masterson, whom Foster is a cheap rip off of, (if you're honest and a REAL fan you can't argue with that, unless of course YOU'RE the one guilty of not reading the books), had the same mask helmet and didn't speak in Thor's speech. He actually had to try and act like the real Thor. So, all of a sudden, the hammer makes you speak and act like Thor? Masterson couldn't even control Mjolnir like Thor did! Meanwhile, Foster is a Master at wielding it with no practice (Rey TFA anyone?)? Really?! And now, the hammer is sentient? No. The hammer was NEVER sentient and did not decide who was worthy. Odin's ENCHANTMENT did that. NOT the hammer!

You, and your blinded brethren glorify Foster as a great hero! Hahaha! Get a grip! The hammer is currently the hero. Foster does nothing but act as it's host. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. The hammer does everything for her proving that she is not only pathetic and unworthy, it also proves that she can NEVER hold a candle to THOR who really doesn't need the hammer if he was properly developed. I mean, his Elder God heritage alone would greatly outweigh mjolnir and his Asgardian heritage! That part of his power is NOT a part of Mjolnir since Odin has no control or say over Gaea's power. So I add my voice to @asgaard'a and the others who are continuing the good fight against the rapidly deflating impfosthor! Losing 2000 readers a month is not a successful run when your highest sales were in the mid 100,000 copies at the onset of your creation but are now in the less than 60,000 copies a month.

Lastly, who are you to label any of us "not real comic book fans" You're saying that we try to impose our "unfair" prejudices on a "good book?" Isn't your claim about the alleged "vocal minority who doesn't really read the books?" a VERY large and generalized imposition?! Tell me Profesor Xavier, how many minds did you scan to ascertain the verasity of those claims?! Yeah. I thought so! How many years have you collected? Cuz I have over 5,000 comics spanning EVERY marvel comic imaginable! I'm not going to fall into that BS line that "you don't even give it a chance first!" As I have said many times before, I don't need to see the crap when I can smell it a mile away!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Asgaard

@sumiladon:

Digital Sales are killer with Ms Marvel and The Mighty Thor. The reason why most comics going below 20k are cancelled is because they are not selling regardless. The Mighty Thor and Ms. Marvel consistently top Digital sales, despite doing average sales in physical books. Not all comics translate evenly to digital sales. The female comics, specifically Thor and Ms. Marvel top near all other Marvel comics each week when they are released. https://www.comixology.com/Marvel_Comics Ms. Marvel was the second top selling comic of this week by Marvel and last week, Thor was the second top selling comic, surpassing even Amazing Spider-man.

Are you going to post or link numbers!?! If not... Its just speculation and propaganda... (like i already said more than one time)...

Thor forums? Who cares about the Thor forum on comic vine. These are not the standards of hardcore comic fans. Go to an actual comic store and check out their community. Or actual comic events, and check the community. The Miles Morales forum is pretty dead as well.

Funnily enough you do care about Thor forums in CV... If not what are you doing here? Go to the places you keep mentioning... And save us from your constant nonsense... Miles!?! His forum never was popular like Thor, he is far from being A lister...

Again, politics influence scores that I don't agree with, even for 2 years straight. If I do agree with it its honest. That is pathetic. Dude Ghostbusters was reviewed as a 1/10 by over 5000 people over a week before the movie came out on IMDB. Audience "scores" are the absolute WORST staple to use to influence the quality of the movie because THEIR overwhelming politics "influence" a movie, before even watching it. Which is why, when BvS critic scores came out negative, it suddenly got over 6000 10/10s on IMDB audience scores, over 5 days before the movie is released. Please... Audience scores are the absolute WORST to look at as reference to anything.

I was talking about cinemacore... Ghostbusters 2016 has B+ that is very poor for the kind of movie that was trying to be... Now you have to find out how cinemascore works... (lol) The good part for you is that you can keep learning...

If people WANT to hate something based off of their politics, like you and THOR, they will never really go through them, and just continue to talk shit whenever it's brought up.

Again, it is the VOCAL minority. This is evident. The people who conplain never actually read comics, and the ones who do are a vocal minority. ACTUAL comic readers. Not casuals online who don't purchase comics, all will admit and praise Aarons work on this Thor, because they actually read comics, and don't push their own political agenda against the fact that she's a woman, and never update or have any clue on the growth of the character or story arc.

Every opinion here is as valid as yours and anyone else, CV is not a "safe space", its time to you accept that there are people that dislike Female Thor and Aaron's current take on Thor/Asgard, and its not for political reasons, you don't know me from anywhere so stop with the label thing, since (unlike you) i actually can delve into Thor's canon, because i read it...

This constant argument that everyone who dislikes Aaron current creative decisions & execution only can be misogynist speaks for itself... And can be a signal of what you keep accusing who contraditcs your opinion (political agenda)... Because i and other fans are only talking about the characters plots and worldbuilding...

Debate level standards? You are referencing the sheer "ridiculousness" of how Mjlnor can be mystically sentient, despite how many actually RIDICULOUS aspects of adaptations Thor has done to fit into this marvel universe. Yet the hammer which already is showcased and spoken of as something that makes a choice and is sentient, actually speaks mystically, and its just too ridiculous to accept. You people are pathetic.

Yes even in the Marvel Thor worldbuilding logic, character Mjolnir is both ridiculous and stupid... And a really cheap execution to explain why Jane looks and acts like she is the female version of Thor... Doesn't work in comics and by the current Marvel Studios standards will never translate for live action, just like the corny and very unpopular Jane is out of the next Thor movie, that will have Hela, Surtur, Skurge, Valkyrie, something that Thor fans like the ones that post in this forums always wanted, so your claim that our opinions are completely irrelevant is more fiction than the fiction that only you read in Aarons current writing...

YOU HAVENT COUNTERED A THING!!!!! She is called Thor in context of the Marvel Universe because people do not know her identity. So they refer to her as Thor, because there it was the most natural name to refer to her as. The book COMPLETELY focuses and refers to her as Jane Foster. Are you insane. The whole point of her book, that makes it so amazing, is how she balances her cancer and her powers, along with her relationship with Thor. Ignores things? ITs a comic book with arcs. Some characters appear, and disappear for multiple arcs at a time. Aunt May would dissapear from Peters stories for 5 or 6 arcs at a time. This is basic comic storytelling. Nobody is dropping her history. Characters connected to Jane foster that I did not know about, are relevant in this, that showcases more of her personality that I didnt know about.

The all Pr was about her being Thor, you really have to accept that, because its factual...

"Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, “This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe."

According to who read every issue, since she is wielding the hammer and is dying because of it (focus of the premise), Jane never interact in any moment with her son James Kincaid... In the same scenario Peter would obviously interact with Aunt May...

You really have no notion of ridiculousness, if you had you would not come to Thor forums not knowing anything about the character and his world and still claiming that only your opinion is valid, and the opinion from everyone else who actually read most of the canon is not valid...

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I hope you realized that you are arguing with someone having a personal interest in this book.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@asgaard: I hope you realized that you are arguing with someone having a personal interest in this book.

Yeah... I wasn't in a while in Thor forums, but these non comic book fans/readers don't go away...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
@bullpr said:

Yeah... I wasn't in a while in Thor forums, but these non comic book fans/readers don't go away...

Lol. I don't mind anybody having an interest in the book, but defending Jane-Thor and saying her book is somehow good when it completely ruins Odinson is just bad taste imo.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
@bullpr said:

Lol. I don't mind anybody having an interest in the book, but defending Jane-Thor and saying her book is somehow good when it completely ruins Odinson is just bad taste imo.

I think when@bullprused the words "personal interest", was in the sense of people that create accounts just to post in specific comics subjects/themes... This happened before in Thor forums, not knowing anything about Thor/Asgard the argument was basically the same, "no ones cares about what you think", yet they were/are just showing that they care, and this attention is not organic at all...

So there is absolutely no problem even when people say that they like it because they like it, but there is a problem when some (not typical CV users) try to shut down the opinion of who doesn't like it...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yeah that I pretty much dislike. I've said my peace, usually in a respectful manner regarding why I hate FemThor but I usually get told its Aaron's best work, hes writing a great story blah blah blah the usual. And 9/10 times its by people who hate Odinson and think hes a joke or bad character, and enjoy this shakeup. I don't understand why. It would be like Wonder Woman getting replaced by Steve Trevor out of the blue and making her lose her arm and then exiled from Themyscira looking like a homeless and depressed beggar. Its infuriating. And then Steve says to call him "Wonder Man" (yeah i know theres a Marvel version lol) but it would just be awful.

Sumiladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sumiladon

@thunderingthorfan: Dude. The hammer doesnt make Jane Foster act or talk like Thor. She chooses to act and talk like an Asgardian so that people will assume she is one and not realize she is actually human. You have just proven my point insanely so, that you people just complain to force your agenda, whenever Thor is brought up, when knowing nothing of the comics and her story arcs itself, and continued to talk out of your ass and think that you won't be called out on your bullshit. The hammer is not like the force. It responds to you, as a connection. Miljnor being sentient, that makes choices is very prevalent. Odin NEVER chose who was worthy to hold the hammer. AS we see the number of times Thor and others have spoken to it, as if it was its own character. It having an actual sentience, is not dumb in the slightest. If this was brought up in an original Thor comic, you wouldnt have a single problem with it. In fact, you would think it is a pretty tremendous epic portion of the lore, that actually makes a lot of sence considering all the hammer as done in the past. But of course, you people have to reach, so you continue to whine. Anything that has been done in the past for Thor's Marvel lore, if happened here, would be considered stupid by you people. It's obvious, and thats just how it is going to be unfortunately.

Wow so Thor has his Asgardian Heritage, that makes him interesting? That's fantastic for him. Jane has being an Ambassedor for Midgard(Earth) to Asgard, and dutied to maintain the balance between the two that makes her interesting. She has her deadly cancer, that she cannot remove, and despite given Kimo therapy, whenever she wields her hammer, the physical form it gives her, flushes all toxins out of her system, and when she reverts back to her normal self, she is removed of all therapy and dying once more. The more she uses the hammer, the more her life force is taken from her. That's what makes her interesting. Her motivation as an Ambassador and the hammer syphoning her life.

On top of that, Thor Odinson's actual story arc and journey is still progressing alongside this, TREMENDOUSLY I might add. Unworthy Thor, for people who actually read these comics, is seen as the most hardcore, badass, and bearded(lol) version of Thor Odinson we have seen in decades. Unworthy Thor Odinson is no joke. And thematically, it is genuinely interesting to see a fallen manly Odinson, traveling along the seven realms kicking ass in his journey to find what makes him worthy again. But you people want to ignore all of these stories and progress, throwing a temper tantrum still because Jane Foster has the Hammer, not caring one bit, how well the stories are unfolding and written.

The reality is that Ms Marvel and The Mighty Thor tops Marvel Sales charts digitally. This is a FACT. Again, there is no actual monthly chart listing everything together like physical sales, but comixology, the highest digital comic sales site in the world, releases articles throughout the years detailing the amazing sales of Ms. Marvel and Thor, and weekly poles showing you the top 10 sales of each studio. This weeks issue of Ms. Marvel, as usual, is the highest selling Marvel superhero comic, second only to this weeks release of Star Wars. The Mighty Thor was the 2nd top selling Marvel comic of last week, above Amazing Spider-man and all other Marvel comics, with only Civil War 2 #5 above her as #1. I cannot give you last weeks ranking, but I can give you this weeks.

No Caption Provided

If you notice, all the comics ranked bellow Ms. Marvel in this digital sales chart for this week. are all ranked higher than her in physical sales for August, the month before. Yet she kills all of them in digital sales.

If you would like further evidence, if you are genuinely looking for the truth, that is, instead of just forcing whatever you want to believe, then I suggest you return to Comixology.com, when the next Thor issue is released, and see where she places. Which will undoubtably, as usual be either #1, or #2, depending on if Star Wars or Civil War #6, is released that same week. Do the same for Ms. Marvel as well, on her monthly releases.

Your sense of smell cannot be trusted, when fans who actually read through the comic, and follow the story, all love it and it is treated as acclaimed. The most recent arc, is one of the most highly rated Thor arcs in decades. It was pretty epic, I'm not going to lie. And consistently, this has had higher reviews than the original Thor in decades as well. But its shit....just because you smell a woman holding the hammer.