Ragnarok Trailer lack of Thor/Hulk battle

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else notice the serious lack of emphasis on the Thor/Hulk battle in the trailers? This is troubling because traditionally marvel loves to put some of the most impressive scenes in the trailer. I've on the whole been unimpressed by the trailers as nearly every other mcu trailer has highlighted the major brawls

With the accusations of spoiling the movie through trailers not even slowing down through civil war and spiderman the lack of real content for the colleseum battle is incredibly striking and painfully obviously lacking.

Thor doesn't connect a single blow in any of the trailers. Is captured, hit by hulk, insulted, hammer crushed, is seen shooting a gun...Thor with a gun...sigh.

Does anyone else feel incredibly nervous that the directors dont feel confident in the colleseum battle being the best draw for the movie and as such it is not the focus of the marketing efforts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they just don't want to spoil too much of the fight. They're leaving the best scenes for the movie, and the fight also isn't the main attraction or point of the movie. It's Surtur and Hela. The fight is a minor thing. I would be really disappointed if Thor loses though. Chris Hemsworth seems to be playing himself in this movie and not actually playing Thor.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is combination of reasons why they dont have more on it. This battle between the two of them will be the biggest reason why most people go to see it. They can't show too much. Showing too much is the worst mistake a trailer can make. Anyone remember Terminator Genisys and the John Connor spoiler. You have to give a little taste to make people go nuts for it. Also, the fights on Sakaar probably won't be that much of the movie considering it seems to be pretty fast paced and only 100 minutes long. They have to get you excited for the whole film not just 3 minutes of it.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

thinking about it, I'm pretty sure this is the first movie the directors done with any real fight scenes

hope they're well done

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: @jayc1324:

That seems like an okay perspective but the truth is that in Civil War, every major battle had several scenes put into the many trailers and TV spots.

Age of ultron hulkbuster/hulk battle was a major feature of the trailer despite not being the main event.

Spiderman trailer pretty much told the entire movies story

I feel like in context of what we have seen from previous MCU trailers the lack of content is a bad sign.

However it is the shortest movie in the MCU so ever scene is a larger percentage of the whole movie which gives more credence to your explantation

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not seeing the fight in the trailer = the fight is bad

okay bud

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: No definitive statements in my post pal. Uncertainty based on it being left out when other similar scenes were not definitely points something. But feel free man to prove how it not being in the trailer proves it will be good. Really would love to hear your thoughts process (or lack thereof) when you decided to respond sarcastically based on a sentiment I did not express

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

save it for November

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By coolcat4

@killraven4334: I feel like they are actually producing good trailers. That don't give to much away. A trailer that gives to much away like previous marvel films is not good in my book.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the fight is going to be that long and they don't want to spoil it. Really though we've seen them charge at each other and Hulk send Thor flying into a wall. That is more than enough.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

its probably a reference real THOR or not.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killraven4334

@thorson: but the point is thor farts are more powerful than any gun he could pick up...so using a gun seems....nvm..

I take full credit for causing marvel to release more of the fight in the trailer. I am less concerned than I was

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather not be spoiled from trailers.