My blog on Thor vs Hulk, who should win?

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By SupahForeigner

This thread looks more like a fan defending his much loved character, than a discussion on whose stronger out of the two characters. To be fairly honest, I would of thought most people would of arrived at a conclusion a long time ago......looks like I was wrong. Looking at the abilities, strengths and powers of both characters, there is no question that Thor is a stronger character than Hulk, in my view. But it is natural for Marvel to depower Thor to make the encounter between the two characters a lot more entertaining and enjoyable, as well as in the long term causing fans to take sides and defend their character. With all this you get more publicity for both characters and in the long term, more money for Marvel. I'm sure other people will feel differently about this and I respect that but in my opinion this discussion has been over exaggerated and it shouldn't be rocket science over whose strongest. That's my two cents.

jimroote99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By jimroote99

@TheAcidSkull: LOGIC, as in me stating all those reasons why thor wins easily. saying thor only wins due to mjolnir is very ignorant on your part and shows you honestly dont know a lot about him. thor can actually use his weather attacks without it, the hammer is just useful for a combat weapon and its also where he gets his speed from. but taking away his hammer is unfair, its like comparing hulk but without his strength, get what i mean? hulk does not have what it takes to take on thor in the long run. like you said, he has too many powers and skill sets at his disposal. he could kill him with a god blast, an attack that has injured galactus. he could use his lightning, in which a single bolt has KOed hulk in the past. he could use his winds, which has injured sky father level beings before. do you get what i mean when i say compared logically thor just cant lose? with that being said, that is why writers reduce thor down to hulks level. thor in the past has fought and defeated much more powerful opponents, so why he has trouble with hulk? PIS, hulks popularity, thors morals for one thing, and sometimes just plain out bad writing. that is just my opinion on the subject. im not going to lie, i honestly despise the hulk. but despite you calling me a hater i actually never try to take credit away from hulk. for instance, i completely agree with you when you say hulk would beat thor in a physical brawl. but the point im trying to make is OVERALL hulk just cant logically win against thor

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#104  Edited By SC  Moderator
@TheAcidSkull said:

@SC said:

@TheAcidSkull: Thank you for the kind sentiment. Do you mean Thor and Hulk in general or Fear Itself #5 specifically?

yes

Oh sure, well in general, I can't escape the real life out of story factors. The two characters are fictional after all and as such are bound to multiple variables that are constantly changing in a multitude of ways that may not always be apparent and how one prioritizes such things will always differ. There isn't really going to be any right answers, more like consistent answers, or what one considers the best answer. In many ways I like the idea of Hulk being Marvels strongest powerhouse, in the sense that he exists in his own little corner, and is unique in that way, where as say Thor is just another god character of many. Ares, Hercules, Leir, Horus, Thoth. Not just that, Thor has everything going for him. Respected among his people, among heroes, is referred to and known as a god, has friends, has love interests, can fly, is a warrior, is immortal, yadda yadda. Hulk traditionally is a monster that people look down on or fear and so the idea that he has so much going against him but if you hurt him or make him angry enough he can surpass anyone or anything? That Hulk is both David and Goliath is pretty cool concept. Then again its not always that simple. Thor and Hulk are like pillars in Marvel. Namor and Thing were powerhouses before them, so I think Namor and Thing should get respect as well, but Namor I think works better as a character that isn't the most powerful. Thing I think also as well works better as a underdog with a lot of fight and heart. Not strength or power. So as far as pillars of Marvel in strength, Hulk and Thor have a special place to me, and so even though in real life Thor is just another heroic god figure, In Marvel he is and deserves respect not because he is a "god" but because he was one of the first Marvel characters. Thats also why they shouldn't make any other characters with similar traits to Hulk and initially why I thought Rulk was a poor idea (but since then that characters powers have been revealed to be different as is his personality and etc)      

At the same time my sincere understanding is that Stan Lee considered Thor stronger, and that Hulk could potentially stronger enough to match Thor, and if both were too fight it should be for the most part inconclusive. Not that that should be a law, but a rough guideline.  Lots of writers have come along and added to both characters over the years, but I personally still think that confrontations between the two should treat both well. If one beats the other? Then thats just one example, the same way in sports one team beating another team doesn't mean they will always beat that team. I also don't like either character being defined by just one superficial part of their character strength or power. One poster I think said that Hulk is stronger, because without that his character would be nothing? Which would be sort of sad reflection of Hulk if a lot of his fans only liked him because of that reason? Hulk is a good character regardless. Likewise with Thor. Likewise with Sentry and Silver Surfer. I mean I have met a lot of Sentry fans I actually wondered whether the only reason they were fans of Sentry was because the fan thought he was stronger than Thor and Hulk. Anyway, I always think priority with the characters should be leaving fans wondering. I think Thor's strength is underrated generally by fans, and also Hulk's agility and healing factor and jumping ability underrated as well. I think Thor's flying is overrated, and Hulk's strength underrated but his ability to increase in strength is overrated. I also think that until Marvel declares a numerical number for either characters strength one can't really honestly answer the question of who is stronger, but since Marvel is more about stories than facts. Won't happen. Sort of long answer sorry lol 

Oh and in Fear Itself #5 Thor attacks Hulk and Thing, hitting Thing first, staggering him, and right after that Hulk strikes Thor with a two handed strike that pounds Thor into the ground. I don't remember Thor being swatted around a bit both them both. After Thor gets up is when he takes out Thing or Angir. The guy that brought down several buildings in New York including Avengers tower. Including being powerful/dangerous enough to beat Red Hulk. Any of the Fantastic Four would try to neutralize Thing given the circumstance I think. I think its okay for Thor to neutralize him. Then turns into a Thor Hulk fight. Sort of ends as they typically do. Inconclusively and open to interpretation. I personally think Hulk blacked out in space, but I also don't think that Thor knocking him so high is anything especially impressive. Both these characters have strength that is out of proportion to their actual weight. Hulk could have easily knocked Thor into orbit as well. A lot of people also point out it was a stronger more powerful version of Hulk, which it may have been, but to me Hulk's attitude, personality and way of thinking trumps Nul's especially as far as utilizing the characters own powers and abilities and so thats worth bearing in mind too. Oh and I can't forget this was written all by Matt Fraction who is probably worse with consistency and characterization and characters histories as Bendis. His track record for consistency is poor. I'd really much rather watch an encounter between Thor and Hulk written by someone like maybe Kieron Gillen, or Peter David.         
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@SupahForeigner said:

This thread looks more like a fan defending his much loved character, than a discussion on whose stronger out of the two characters.

I can assure you that at the time, my writing is not akin to the level I'm capable of now but my vocation maintains the same. I've no desire to defend Thor and berate Hulk but the desire to elaborate on the comparison between both the former and the latter. Your first sentence insinuates that of a biased judgement on my part and that I was merely defending my so called beloved character out of desperation. My thread isn't to depict whom is stronger but whom is more powerful and who would win in a battle.

I'm sure other people will feel differently about this and I respect that but in my opinion this discussion has been over exaggerated and it shouldn't be rocket science over whose strongest. That's my two cents.

It's rather obvious this isn't rocket science and furthermore, over exaggeration is the wrong word choice. Prolonged if you will. To me, it's extremely obvious whom is more powerful between Hulk and Thor. Writing a piece for other posters to see the difference however is a different matter. I respect your opinion as the information it repletes is something I'm cognizant of, but if it ranges into claims that said individual is defending his or her beloved character, then it ranges into something else entirely. ^_^

What you state however isn't completely untrue. My writing at the time did give off the implication that I was writing in defense for Thor. I need to revamp and redo this entire comparison eventually when I get around it.

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SupahForeigner

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@SupahForeigner said:

This thread looks more like a fan defending his much loved character, than a discussion on whose stronger out of the two characters.

I can assure you that at the time, my writing is not akin to the level I'm capable of now but my vocation maintains the same. I've no desire to defend Thor and berate Hulk but the desire to elaborate on the comparison between both the former and the latter. Your first sentence insinuates that of a biased judgement on my part and that I was merely defending my so called beloved character out of desperation. My thread isn't to depict whom is stronger but whom is more powerful and who would win in a battle.

I'm sure other people will feel differently about this and I respect that but in my opinion this discussion has been over exaggerated and it shouldn't be rocket science over whose strongest. That's my two cents.

It's rather obvious this isn't rocket science and furthermore, over exaggeration is the wrong word choice. Prolonged if you will. To me, it's extremely obvious whom is more powerful between Hulk and Thor. Writing a piece for other posters to see the difference however is a different matter. I respect your opinion as the information it repletes is something I'm cognizant of, but if it ranges into claims that said individual is defending his or her beloved character, then it ranges into something else entirely. ^_^

What you state however isn't completely untrue. My writing at the time did give off the implication that I was writing in defense for Thor. I need to revamp and redo this entire comparison eventually when I get around it.

I wasn't referring to you in particular, I was referring to certain individuals who, I feel, are making a meal out of this (Such as over exaggerating their character's power sets and capabilities). But this topic (which you have brought up) is very interesting and has been highly debated for a while now, and I do enjoy reading it. I just put down my opinions and views of this certain discussion and topic, that's all. What I previously wrote was in no way against or even about what you first posted. :)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#107  Edited By TheCannon

@super_psycho said:

Thor wins!!hands down

This.

moldybutt70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By moldybutt70

the way i see it, it depends on how thor fights

1. if thor is holding back and is slugging it out, their about even with the majority going to hulk

2. if thor uses his versatility and powers, it should be a stomp in his favor- god blast, speedblitz, weather attacks, BFR, gamma drain, etc.

good blog

thorbuscus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By thorbuscus

in my opinion thor would beat the living snot out of hulk

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By tensor

The way i see it hulk beats thor at close range at long range thor beats hulk

Avatar image for lord_moldemvort
Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

when thor is slugging it out and holding back, i consider them to be on par with each other. ill even give hulk the majority

when thor is using his abilities and powers effectively, it honestly becomes spite.

he could KO him with light speed hammer throws, kill him with immense magic attacks, drain his gamma with mjolnir, teleport him to the suns core, transmutation, god blast, it just isnt even a fight

ladymastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ladymastermind

Hulk: Thor:

1. Big 1. Strong

2. Strong 2. Fast

3. Arrogant 3. Wields magic hammer

4. Limited vocabulary 4. Controls weather yep, Thor wins.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor stomps, his power set is too wide, hulk winning is a load of PIS

Protin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Protin

Hulk is honestly only a threat to Thor because of plot, popularity, morals, and sometimes poor writing that constantly reduces Thors power level. Taking into account their powers, abilities, and feats in an all out battle Thor should win every time. And incredibly easily at that

Toaborox20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Toaborox20
No Caption Provided

If Thor was this "Cosmic Threat", then why was Superman able too beat him AND catch his hammer?

Russel70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Russel70

@Toaborox20: It's called a CROSSOVER buddy. Superman was also humiliated by venom in the same issue, so I wouldn't use that as evidence for anything

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#117  Edited By THORSON

thor should win 6/10 or 5/10

Russel70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Russel70

@THORSON: Logically Thor wins 10/10 with tremendous ease. The only way Hulk can beat Thor, or ever has beaten him for that matter, is in a physical brawl where Thor holds back.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By THORSON

@Russel70: only said "6/10 or 5/10" because I see THOR/hulk as a back and forth rivalry. if THOR wins all 10 times, then I can't really say its a rivalry.

but logically you are correct, THOR should win 10/10.

Russel70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Russel70

@THORSON: Well the only reason there's even a rivalry between the two is because of Hulks popularity and the fact that Thor rarely ever uses his power against Hulk. But as I mentioned, if Thor wanted to kill the Hulk he could do it easily as long as his morals and plot don't reduce him

Russel70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Russel70

Actually I made a blog about why Thor would beat the Hulk on my profile, you should check it out

gou10t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By gou10t

Every character holds back. Thor is not the only one who uses some measure of restraint. If no one exercised any restraint you wouldn't just see hard knocks in Marvel fights, you'd see characters going into a berserker rage and unleashing more than enough lethal force in every strike for a death blow.

Hulk does not hit critical mass and grow in strength every time he fights someone on his strength level. Hulk only increases when he's really being pushed to the very edge.

Thor and Hulk would still be on equal ground if they both were really trying to take each other down. Thor has the edge in versatility with more tools for weaponization than than ironman, but Hulk has the edge in raw power.

Thor can hurt the Hulk but he's wasting his time trying to finish Hulk. Those just as just as stronger or stronger than Thor have tried and failed. Thor only way out of this fight is to banish Hulk to another dimension of the universe.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By heroesgold

@super_psycho said:

Thor stomps!!hands down

Fixed

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By CharlesMartel

Very good blog. I agree completely

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cmartin

@jimroote99 said:

do you know what i honestly think? i think hulk is nothing more than a bullshit character thats been overrated beyond belief due to popularity, PIS/CIS, and poor writing. thors feats outclass hulk by strength, durability, speed, and versatility. he could easily obliterate hulk in numerous ways because he has so many effective abilities. he could kill him with a god blast, KO him with lightning, rip him to shreds with winds from a 1000 worlds, speedblitz him, KO him with unrestrained blows, or simply dimension dump him somewhere or knock him to the sun. thor just easily could make hulk look like trash if he really wanted to. its stupid how writers make it seem like hulk is better than thor just because hes more popular

This... hulk has become unreadable to be rarley loses, marvel has done a lot of reckless writing where hulk is concerened, to have hulk trash every hero (bar thor) in world war hulk, and to have him routinly rash avengers x men watchers, to have him trash all the asgardians in hulk vs thor and beat thor to death...nearly.. to have him pick up thors hammer in ultimate avengers.... reckless and irresponsible.. basically hulk is unbeatable... unlimited stamina.. madder he gets stronger he gets bullshit.... why do e need other heroes hen hulk can beat them all ...collectively screw marvel

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126  Edited By Pyrogram

@gou10t: Thor could Kill hulk in 1 hit if he really wanted to. He has done things that would Kill Hulk instantly, attack celestial and destroy Armour, Injuring Galactus, KOing galactus for like 10 seconds in his solo issue. They would all end Hulk.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By LastOblivion

@Pyrogram said:

@gou10t: Thor could Kill hulk in 1 hit if he really wanted to. He has done things that would Kill Hulk instantly, attack celestial and destroy Armour, Injuring Galactus, KOing galactus for like 10 seconds in his solo issue. They would all end Hulk.

Couldn't agree more. Thor ftw.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pyrogram

@LastOblivion: Glad you think that :)

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By LastOblivion

@Pyrogram: :D He's awesome.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Fifthchild

@Pyrogram said:

It always amazes me that so many Thor fans think things like this. No wonder they are so disappointed with Thor 99% of the time.

Thor has hit Hulk as hard as he can plenty of times. Thor's never KOed Galactus. Thor being an inconsequential anoynace to some Celestials is nice but Celestials have also had some pretty ordinary showings in recent years.

At any rate if i was to put excessive weight on stuff like Hulk thunderclapping a dimension away, thunderclapping full power Red Hulk into unconsciousness, atomizing an entire planet and several hugely boosted Class 100 characters who were unlucky enough to be standing nearby when he collided with a peer after "deciding not to hold back" without giving any consideration into how Hulk & Thor have always matched up then I guess i would conclude that Hulk could easily oneshot kill Thor anytime he wanted also.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Pyrogram

@Fifthchild: Thor never Ko'd galactus? Guess you have never read a Thor issue in your life. He did for like 10 seconds before healing himself. The fact is if thor did his upper class moves to Hulk He would die, its not even a debate.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Fifthchild

@Pyrogram said:

@Fifthchild: Thor never Ko'd galactus? Guess you have never read a Thor issue in your life.

Yep. Thats the obvious conclusion.

Or, having seen the scan from the "Ultimate Thor vs 616 Thor" thread on the Battles forum where you say Thor KOs Odin it could be that you are just attributing feats to Thor that just aren't indicated in the story itself.

He did for like 10 seconds before healing himself. The fact is if thor did his upper class moves to Hulk He would die, its not even a debate.

Definitely. Just like if Hulk/Banner decided to stop holding back, Thor would be disintegrated by a single punch.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Pyrogram

@Fifthchild said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Fifthchild: Thor never Ko'd galactus? Guess you have never read a Thor issue in your life.

Yep. Thats the obvious conclusion.

Or, having seen the scan from the "Ultimate Thor vs 616 Thor" thread on the Battles forum where you say Thor KOs Odin it could be that you are just attributing feats to Thor that just aren't indicated in the story itself.

He did for like 10 seconds before healing himself. The fact is if thor did his upper class moves to Hulk He would die, its not even a debate.

Definitely. Just like if Hulk/Banner decided to stop holding back, Thor would be disintegrated by a single punch.

I read that Thor vs galactus issue like a month ago, Thor did that to Galactus as a distraction for Odin charging his power, Odin then went to galactus size and headbutted him and KO'd himself and Galactus, Galctus just got up again though. But he did get KO'd and He left soon after as it was too much hassle.

And the scan I did not post before was Thor charging FTL at galactus head and coming out the other side, I showed the aftermath.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By CharlesMartel

@Fifthchild said:

At any rate if i was to put excessive weight on stuff like Hulk thunderclapping a dimension away, thunderclapping full power Red Hulk into unconsciousness, atomizing an entire planet and several hugely boosted Class 100 characters who were unlucky enough to be standing nearby when he collided with a peer after "deciding not to hold back" without giving any consideration into how Hulk & Thor have always matched up then I guess i would conclude that Hulk could easily oneshot kill Thor anytime he wanted also.

Thunder clapping a dimension away? This is Hulk, not SA Superman

I wouldn't make much of Hulk KOing a "full powered Red Hulk". After all the crazy feats that guy did, Loeb made him job to another hulk character. Go figure

Unless someone is conveniently there to destroy a planet by clashing with Hulk, then I'm not sure why this helps much. On top of that, your using feats from Hulks strongest version. We can easily bring Rune Lord Thor into this

I'm not saying Hulk doesn't have what it takes to KO Thor, but keep in mind hes rather, limited, with his options. While Hulk tries to punch and clap away, Thor can easily just stay out of range from above and continuously bombard him with unrestrained magical weather attacks until hes knocked out or even killed

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By 80sBaby

@CharlesMartel said:

@Fifthchild said:

I wouldn't make much of Hulk KOing a "full powered Red Hulk". After all the crazy feats that guy did, Loeb made him job to another hulk character. Go figure

Unless someone is conveniently there to destroy a planet by clashing with Hulk, then I'm not sure why this helps much. On top of that, your using feats from Hulks strongest version. We can easily bring Rune Lord Thor into this

I'm not saying Hulk doesn't have what it takes to KO Thor, but keep in mind hes rather, limited, with his options. While Hulk tries to punch and clap away, Thor can easily just stay out of range from above and continuously bombard him with unrestrained magical weather attacks until hes knocked out or even killed

Hulk HAS taken a blast capable of destroying a dimension/universe. he then thunder clapped it away, just like Fifthchild said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By CharlesMartel

@80sBaby: Thats a pretty insane feat

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By 80sBaby

@CharlesMartel said:

Which was Fifthchild's point.

Thor fans point to his high showings while ignoring Hulk's.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

After a long hard fought battle, the god should win 6/10 times.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By CharlesMartel

@80sBaby said:

@CharlesMartel said:

Which was Fifthchild's point.

Thor fans point to his high showings while ignoring Hulk's.

I know Hulk has some pretty impressive feats, but this one in particular is incredibly questionable. A universal feat for the Hulk? I don't know about that. Of course, it's not like some of Thor's high ends aren't PIS either

reafulde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By reafulde

@Russel70: you suck wwh would killed him remmeber smart limitless power healing factor

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By 80sBaby

reafulde: You're not helping the Hulk side with comments like that. And WWH never killed Thor.

reafulde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By reafulde

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: your right

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Fifthchild

@CharlesMartel said:

@Fifthchild said:

Indeed - Hulk's much stronger ;-)

Its not going to win any Eisner awards but in this sort of discussion its as valid a point as Thor chasing off Galactus or whatever. I dont literally believe that this feat implies Hulk could KO or even kill Thor with a single thunderclap (unless perhaps in extreme circumstances) but i dont think Thor is hugely beyond Hulk either, solely because of a few things he did in some comics that had nothing to do with the Hulk.

The whole point i was making in this paragraph was to not go solely by highest feats and showings, particularly in preference to a wealth of more direct comparisons. Still the point could be argued that something like Worldbreaker Hulk, while extreme, is still Hulk playing with his own powerset and not an external amp, such as Odinpowered Thor with the knowledge of the Runes.

I'm not saying Hulk doesn't have what it takes to KO Thor, but keep in mind hes rather, limited, with his options.

Well I dont think thres much point in arguing that Hulk can't KO Thor - he has done it several times now. Hulk's definitely limited in his options but punching someone really hard is a great option in 90% of fights that arent staged in a particularly contrived way.

While Hulk tries to punch and clap away, Thor can easily just stay out of range from above and continuously bombard him with unrestrained magical weather attacks until hes knocked out or even killed

Thor could definitely try to employ this tactic a little more readily in most of his Hulk fights but I dont think he could easily stay out of Hulks range and attack at will. Thor can fly but he isn't the most mobile character around. While i dont think he literally has to hover like a helicopter by spinning Mjolnir most of the time these days he doesn't have the extreme maneuverability of Superman for example. Hulk is also capable of some pretty explosive leaping etc so unless they are fighting in space or something theres usually a decent chance for Hulk to close the gap IMO. Its all very much an open question how much Thor's lightning effects Hulk. It easily Koed him once (Hulk Annual 2001) but at other times it hasnt seemed like that big a deal (Let The Battle Begin, Hulk 300). And Hulk's damage soak can get pretty insane when he is worked up.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By CharlesMartel

@Fifthchild said:

Indeed - Hulk's much stronger ;-)

as valid a point as Thor chasing off Galactus or whatever. I dont literally believe that this feat implies Hulk could KO or even kill Thor with a single thunderclap (unless perhaps in extreme circumstances) but i dont think Thor is hugely beyond Hulk either, solely because of a few things he did in some comics that had nothing to do with the Hulk.

The whole point i was making in this paragraph was to not go solely by highest feats and showings, particularly in preference to a wealth of more direct comparisons. Still the point could be argued that something like Worldbreaker Hulk, while extreme, is still Hulk playing with his own powerset and not an external amp, such as Odinpowered Thor with the knowledge of the Runes.

Well I dont think thres much point in arguing that Hulk can't KO Thor - he has done it several times now. Hulk's definitely limited in his options but punching someone really hard is a great option in 90% of fights that arent staged in a particularly contrived way.

Thor could definitely try to employ this tactic a little more readily in most of his Hulk fights but I dont think he could easily stay out of Hulks range and attack at will. Thor can fly but he isn't the most mobile character around. While i dont think he literally has to hover like a helicopter by spinning Mjolnir most of the time these days he doesn't have the extreme maneuverability of Superman for example. Hulk is also capable of some pretty explosive leaping etc so unless they are fighting in space or something theres usually a decent chance for Hulk to close the gap IMO. Its all very much an open question how much Thor's lightning effects Hulk. It easily Koed him once (Hulk Annual 2001) but at other times it hasnt seemed like that big a deal (Let The Battle Begin, Hulk 300). And Hulk's damage soak can get pretty insane when he is worked up.

I don't think I got the correct version of Superman. I was referring to the one that blew away a galaxy by sneezing, but I don't think it's really relevant

Well, I mean WB Hulk still has the same powerset, he didn't get anything new, but its to a much higher extent.

I don't really recall Hulk necessarily KOing Thor "several" times. To my knowledge hes only done it twice. In Hulk Annual 2001 when Thor was carrying him off, he woke up and surprised him and starting beating him up. Thor was on the ground for a bit, supposedly knocked out. And in Avengers Assemble, he grabbed his hand and whacked him in the face with Mjolnir (pretty lame, but whatever), and Thor was down for a while, supposedly knocked out. It would be great if you could inform me of other instances that I might have not known about

Well thats true, but Thor could easily just send him back down by throwing Mjolnir at him. I honestly think it's fair to say that Thors lightning is capable of taking down Hulk, whether it be a single bolt or multiple ones. I don't believe Let The Battle Begin is cannon actually, however there was another time where he took a bolt from Thor and wasnt KOed, but nonetheless on average it seems his lightning does indeed give him trouble

And aside from that, I just dont see what answer Hulk would have for his versatility. He could throw Mjolnir at him from a distance and absorb his gamma rays, use transmutation to shrink him then smash him instantly, use his more powerful attacks like Winds from a 1000s Worlds or God Blast to possibly even kill him, or easily just send him into a black hole.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By boostergold321

Transmutation shrinking has been tried on the Hulk before. it didn't work. Sending him into a black hole is useless as well. The graviton force won't kill him. He's even held such fissures with his own hands.

The Hulk's the ultimate genetic juicehead who can't be killed.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Pyrogram

@boostergold321:

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By boostergold321

@Pyrogram said:

@boostergold321:

He can beaten in a fight such as being knocked unconscious or slowing the rate at which his DNA, through many different combinations from the building material known as the 20 amino acids, assembles the thousands of proteins belonging to each of his multicellular organ systems but not killed.

Hulk's DNA is strengthened and supplemented in proportion to stress, a process fueled by universal atomic energy. Simply slowing the rate at which his DNA produces the proteins of the body's organic tissues doesn't kill him. The products of Hulk's DNA can be destroyed but not the DNA itself and that is where life, as well as the Hulk's powers, begin.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Pyrogram

@boostergold321 said:

@Pyrogram said:

He can beaten in a fight such as being knocked unconscious or slowing the rate at which his DNA, through many different combinations from the building material known as the 20 amino acids, assembles the thousands of proteins belonging to each of his multicellular organ systems but not killed.

Hulk's DNA is strengthened and supplemented in proportion to stress, a process fueled by universal atomic energy. Simply slowing the rate at which his DNA produces the proteins of the body's organic tissues doesn't kill him. The products of Hulk's DNA can be destroyed but not the DNA itself and that is where life, as well as the Hulk's powers, begin.

What in christs name are you talking about? Amino acids slowing down.. WHAT? Did you just learn basic biology or something? Are you saying hulk cannot die? Thor killed him before reverting time.. Do you even know what amino acids are... and you cannot slow down DNA when unconscious as that is the body's natural state. Your metabolism and body function slows when you get cold, not during a fight. Lol at a guy thinking he knows about biology.

And you cannot slow down DNA for a start.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By boostergold321

Let me clarify: Slowing down his DNA's protein production does not truly stop it or kill him. Proteins are the chemical make-up of the body's different multicellular organs. The DNA makes thousands of proteins using many different combinations of the 20 amino acids. His supplemented DNA cannot be destroyed due it to growing strength and will always regenerate everything else (the proteins).

I also said that knocking the Hulk unconscious counts as a win even if you can't kill him. Obviously, Disabling his nervous systems is as a temporary as anything else that can be done to him.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By jobbernos

@super_psycho said:

Thor wins!!hands down