• 79 results
Avatar image for deactivated-59a10bc833249
deactivated-59a10bc833249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Assuming most of you have already saw thor:ragnarok trailer,i have one question in mind.

Is thor so much weak,or should i say,nerfed,that he is getting captured by random alien stun guns and alien nets?I mean come on,he is constantly being potrayed like a random alien guy with superhuman level of strength(but very high durability,THANK YOU MARVEL).Getting captured in chains and nets!!!!!What is wrong with my favourite guy.He is one of the main guys why i watch an avenger film,hoping there would at least be one scene where he outclasses every other guy in his team,showing why he is HIM.

For whatever plot reason he is getting this treatment,but this is now getting consistent in his showings.No mjolnir,no BOOM.Before you say that i am wrong,please recall where he doesn't had mjolnir.Except that thor vs shield scene i do not recall him being showed ANY USEFUL.

Although i am more hyped than before for ragnarok to hit theaters,i would(i think others would too) like that marvel would atleast tier him up one or two regarding his potrayal.Like if you would want him getting captured,then at least find something WORTHY of keeping him in check.Not some SUPER STRONG CHAINS/NETS/ETC....Give us something awesome,like a magical barrier,or something made of vibranium/uru?

Stun guns=NO

Nets=NO

Chains=Please,NO.

Do you agree?Please have your opinion.

Side Note:SUPERHYPED for Thor:Ragnarok.Can't wait to see Hela.Finally a Beast ASGARDIAN who outclasses everyone."ASGARD...IS DEAD"

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HaveAtThee

I think the main thing Marvel is going for is realistic. Meaning using as little CGI as possible, which thus reduces budget. So both Thor and Hulk hit the hell out of things with incredible striking ability at times, and that seems to be the MCU measure for strength as opposed to lifting objects. I remember lots of people whining about the Superman/Zod fight in MOS due to the use of CGI for the aerial battle, but I thought it looked like two godlike beings having a brawl. I think Marvel wants to avoid being criticized for overly edited action scenes relying on CGI.

That and they care more about the plot rather than a specific character's power-set. Admittedly, I thought the exact same thing upon first viewing. Hela broke Mjolnir with one hand so I wasn't upset that she was able to chain him up in Niffelheim. The Sakaar thing was a bit "meh" especially when the aliens strap him to a chair then presumably cut his hair. For me, personally, that lacks believability when a supposedly super strong guy can simply be tied to a chair, but I also grew up a comic book fan/reader. Disney/Marvel know that the average moviegoer and casual superhero fan wont even think twice about those type of details.

Of course it was a sub-2 minute teaser so I'm sure Thor will get at least some opportunity to look fearsome. But, yes, MCU heroes (except Captain America) are generally far weaker than their comic book counterparts. I personally accepted that fact during Phase One to try and not ruin the movie experience, though there are times where I can't help but groan.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll still be nerfed in Ragnarok because it's a movie about Asgard getting destroyed.. they have to nerf him to make the villains look legit.

I do hope they show him giving Thanos at least a fight before going down. I mean he fought Malekith with Aether so well. I hope they show something like Thanos totally destroying Avengers and Thor coming to their rescue and showing why he's a god

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh here we go again

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean... the Destroyer armor-- which is supposed to be indestructible-- was destroyed by MCU Thor.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has been captured in the comics before, he's definitely been in chains before, let's watch the movie before we make claims.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Outside_85

Its not really that odd since the story appears to be more Planet Hulk than anything from Thor comics. And in the spirit of such, the planet Thor lands on will be weakening him, making his capture possible... like it was possible in the comics for the natives to capture both Hulk and the Silver Surfer.

I mean... the Destroyer armor-- which is supposed to be indestructible-- was destroyed by MCU Thor.

It was never said to be indestructible in the movie.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thor is weak compared to comics Thor it's always been like that and it won't change I would wager Hulk brutalizes him in their fight and he somehow breaks through to him and they bust out together

How the frank did banner get off earth they have no tech that can do that and after AoA Thor didn't cause he wouldn't be suprised to see him

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is he nerfed? You cant expect any superhero ever to be as powerful as their comic counterpart unless it is a streetleveler. Thor in the comics destroys planets and stars with his attacks. Hulk is a planet buster as well. How on Earth can you make movies with comic like takes on them. Tou have to weaken them. DCEU supes is even way weaker than his comic version.

Is he really weak? no, not at all.

He destroys hundreds to thousands of tons of rock in jotunheim and beats down hundreds of super human level characters with ease. He survives the bifrost explosion. He destroys a small city in age of ultron. He survives the explosion of sokovia. He easily takes punches from Kurse, hulk, and vibranium ultron. He even easily destroys the destroyer.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really doing this again?

You have no context if you're saying Thor is weak then Hulk is weak because they captured him too. He was likely weakened when he was there you also don't know how powerful that alien tech is. Making assumptions off the trailer which gives no context is stupid wait till the film comes out

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is not very weak but he is also not that strong.

somewhat balanced but meh.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

he is not very weak but he is also not that strong.

somewhat balanced but meh.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therkthor: hmm aliens with interplanetary travel having weapons that can take down mcu Thor? Why is that so unbelievable?

They obviously captured hulk also and you don't know the state of mind or body Thor was in when he was captured.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Unworthy Thor and Thor God of thunder, read classic kirby Thor Runs, Thor has been capture in chains before, he has been shot down with alien sun guns, we don't know what the energy/electricity in the chains were and how powerful they are, we don't know the nature of energy the guns are shooting out. Can we just wait till the movie comes out before jumping to conclusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 I have never said anything about comic level powers.Read my post again.I just said something better than using chains and nets.Also I never questioned his durability as i said it in my post.Also i never doubted his striking ability nor his strength.

All i said is of someone of high tier as him,it doesn't feel right being chained up or captured in net(same goes for comics).

I know characters need not to be at their comic book level cause there would not be a good movie.

It's like justifying batman not bring able to break up from chained in paper(paper to batman and chain to thor is comparable)because he does not have his armor!For whatever plot reason would it be,it would still not be easily believable.Even if they say that paper is made from a very stronger material.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therkthor: I am curious, they captured Hulk, why do you think its unreasonable that they captured Thor? Thor can be restrained by heavenly, godly, celestial tech, he is after all being captured by an Elder who likely gave out the very weapons needed to capture the most powerful beings in the universe for his games. Hela has imprionsed Thor before, so thats no big deal at all. I think you either don't know much about Thor or just want him to stomp everyone he encounters in a Thor smackdown film

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 Never said anything about him being WEAKER THAN HULK.

As far as your *weakened* thing goes,it is really becoming consistent.It's like in every fight where he loses or gets defeated,this argument or plot device comes into play.One or two times okay but every time.NO.What is shows is that marvel is either constantly ignoring his tier for plot reasons and purposely weakening him everytime,which is not good,or doesn't care much.It's like watching movies with superman where everytime(most of screen time) he gets defeated,there would be reason of him being depowered under red son radiation/no yellow sun/kryptonite.Watching this weakning concept again and again could be boring,more correctly bad.

How powerful tech is.Until that net tech is beyong the level of the destruction of bifrost bridge or a small city wide vibranium destroying blast,it is not acceptable for someone like thor.

Weakning him everytime he is going to lose means marvel is having a hard time making a GOOD story without powering him down.

Take Thor vs Kurse.Powerwise,it was the best showing of thor without doing anything *bad* to him.

You want to thor gets beaten,sure.Get someone like kurse.You want him captures,sure.Gets something like a vibranium cage/chain/hulk container from avengers.You want him outshadowing everyone,make him bad and go all out,no jobbing.He humiliates most.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334

I do not mean unreasonable.There could be reason behing everything.Squirrel girl beating thanos,deadpool soloing marvel verse,etc.

Without weakening him,capturing him like that is not acceptable.If he does not want to be captured,there is no way random space tech aliens could capture him in one go.He could call a big lightning bolt to free him from those nets if he wants.For Hulk,he could just smash.Thor could do worse.Tornadoes,storms,lightnings just to name as few.

If that space tech has more restraing power than the bifrost explosion or sokovia explosion,then there is nothing to discuss.

As for weakening issue,i already expressed my views in one of my posts.

Lastly-Thanks for giving your opinion.?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr

Sorry but IMO something else than chain or net seems more correct for showing him being captured.Not doubting the alien tech but if you want to capture him,show some scifi tech.Like a super gravity(it's over x9000) platform.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therkthor:

Thor's been captured and in chains in the comics by alien races. What I'm saying is if you call him weak then you're basically saying Hulk is weak too for getting captured by them. You're making a judgement without the context of it

What dyou mean everytime he loses a fight he was weakened like when? Kurse was simply superior to him and Ultron was vibranium that's not a plot device or weakened that's just being outclassed.

As I said can't make judgements before the film is out

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By destinyman75

It's very likely Hela weakens him At the start and between that and an elder of the universe alien technology when he arrives further weakend him

liqmidiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Goes into a Thor thread* *Sees a bunch of users with Thor in their username* *Leaves the thread*

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I was referring to the comics, and how in the movie it's not.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes not weak necessarily. You cant really expect thor to be as strong as say dceu superman but hes still strong. Im hoping he was weakened. If not mcu is just disrespecting thor..

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I was referring to the comics, and how in the movie it's not.

Then please remember the comics has jack all to do with the movies other than being the source of inspiration.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I literally only brought that up to show how different the MCU is from the comics.

Just chill.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

Who post without context? We don't know what happened in those scenes yet.

For all we know, hela could have destroyed his hammer and temporarily depowered him like when Odin did.

Or you can say the space pirates are powerful themselves and have fought asgardians regularly as I believe Valkyrie was the one that captured him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Outside_85

@necromancer76 said:

@outside_85: I literally only brought that up to show how different the MCU is from the comics.

Just chill.

Likewise.

Edit: My apologies, but there are a number of people who in the past has confused the capabilities and skills of comic-versions of various characters with that of their live action counterparts, Thor and the Destroyer more than most.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therkthor:

I see what saying. You have a good point it doesn't seem right. I thin kthey are going for a more vulnerable thor in the first act of the movie. At the climax, they will probably show the godly side of thor kicking butt.

shibaprasad_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shibaprasad_b

@therkthor: Had the same feelings. Not only after watching Thor R teaser but for a long time. In movies he is a bit under-powered specially considering the fact that he is the 2nd most strongest guy in the Marvel universe (As by their list)

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: A small city? That was a freaking island with a city, there was more mass there than any city ( just buildings and houses ).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I never said anything regarding fights which is powerwise correct.I even said about thor vs kurse in one of my post.I even said if you want him beaten take someone like kurse.What i said was justifying fights like iron man vs thor for whatever plot reasons seems not right about someone as high as thor.Someone of his tier,even if weakened,should easily beat someone like mk7/mk6 iron man.Mjolnir isin't depowered,it could shatter the strongest of frost giant as well as those giant frost beasts.So a hit from thor(like he threw at iron man at one point in his fight)if not destroy his armor atleast damage his armor to a good point so he should have difficulty in his battle.Even one Cap's hit damaged iron man's thrusters to a point he could not fly properly.What's stopping htor from doing this.Also there was never wrong anything regarding thor vs ultron as he was only buying time for others.There is no doubt he could have stopped ultron if he wanted.Dude overpowered Destroyer,he could easily take vibranium ultron and safely hitting him(like/better than vision)and damaging if not destroy easily.

Again,IMO net or chains for capturing him doesn't seems appropriate for his level.I have no problem if marvel wants him get captured.Atleast give us something better than chains.Stop pulling weakened/distracted crap where he struggles where he actually shouldn't.

As for hulk getting captured,i already explained thor has more ways and chances of getting out of capture than hulk in one of my posts.

Also,i am not making *JUDGEMENTS* without context.I am just discussing if it is appropriate to use something in context where something better than what is used could be used.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally, yes, Hulk and Thor are really not that strong in the movies. They hit hard, but that's about it.

I had no problem with Kurse being physically superior to Thor since historically in the books he is as well, but that was a poorly written brawl, in my estimation. Another major problem with Thor is that he lacks any real combat speed. He's REALLY slow in the films and not a particular skilled combatant. You'd think a centuries-old (MCU timeline), superhuman warrior would be an accomplished fighter. The funniest part about that Kurse fight was Kurse taking 4-5 seconds to lift a giant boulder, with Thor standing there waiting for him to throw it. His only defense was to shield his face and eat it. I literally giggled in the movie theater. Then Kurse slapping away Mjolnir with Thor crapping his pants and then taking a beating was pretty funny.

The Ultron fight looked like it was edited down to a brief skirmish. Ultron tackles Thor, throws a wall into him and lands a couple of punches. Thor didn't look particularly hurt, more stunned than anything. But the fight itself was used to set up a "save" from someone else (Vision w/Mjolnir). Similar to the Kurse fight where Thor just took a beating to set up Loki saving him and "sacrificing himself." The Ultron thing I get since if Thor is shown as able to really damage Ultron then it would partially negate the reason for the Avengers being there. Hard not to think, though, that if Thor and Hulk fought Ultron by themselves they couldn't essentially defeat him. The Kurse fight just sucked because it was anti-climactic. They were on Svartalfheim after all so there wasn't any real danger for collateral damage (other than Jane Foster, I guess, who was just hanging out during that whole scene), which makes that scene all the more disappointing.

Both examples are Marvel forsaking an extended brawl to further the plot. Like I said earlier, they don't care about particulars for the characters in action sequences, it's more about plot advancement. We'll just have to see if things change for "Ragnarok."

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I have to disagree about the combat skill. In the first film we see him outclass people in h2h. And in the avengers he dodged and used skill against hulk then matched him in strength. Another example is in the second Thor, it was a deleted scene and he took on 5 asgardians while just outclassing them with skill not using his strength.

As for why he got captured. it was probably due to him flying miles away from an explosion and that most people wont realize that Thor shouldn't be captured like that.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#battleforumproblems

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HaveAtThee

@coolcat4: Meh, he looked imposing against the army of frost giants, and I guess against SHIELD agents. That is something. Strangely enough he looked quicker and more agile as a mere human against SHIELD than when he regains his powers.

We don't have to go into every minute detail because at the end of the day Marvel doesn't care about minor details like that, they care about advancing the plot and making $$$. I just drilled it into my head that we're not going to get a comic version of Thor on the big screen. Heck, many casual moviegoers complain about Superman being too powerful so perhaps I can see where Marvel wanted their "big guns" to be scaled back.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Ya you're right. I don't understand why people always complain about power. The power and abilities should not be relatable they are better than us, but people can still relate to their personalities.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: @ready_4_madness:Their fight was pretty awesome. It looked like comic book Superman and Zod, and just how incredibly dangerous it would be if two powerful beings started brawling. And the fight between Superman and the other Kryptonians as well. I personally would think if Thor and Hulk started brawling it should be like a "Defcon 5" level alert as to how much damage they could cause. I said it earlier in another thread that this brawl they have on Sakaar should show viewers just how tough they are since they don't have to worry about butthurt people complaining about collateral damage.

Notice it's why from the first Thor film until now his speech pattern has "evolved" (or devolved) into essentially human speak. He started out speaking very properly. Like when he first landed on Earth after being banished. "This mortal form has grown weak, it requires sustenance." Now, he sounds like your average muscle head hipster from down the street. Not a big fan of that evolution, personally.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: @ready_4_madnessI personally would think if Thor and Hulk started brawling it should be like a "Defcon 5" level alert as to how much damage they could cause. I said it earlier in another thread that this brawl they have on Sakaar should show viewers just how tough they are since they don't have to worry about butthurt people complaining about collateral damage.

Completely agree with this

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therkthor: I agree it sickens me to the stomach how marvel treats Thor in the movies what chains can hold this and what electric net it looks like a comedy so lame and you can bet 100000% marvel will make hulk stomp Thor in his own movie

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: well i actually heard the hulk may be amped. Ruffalo said that the hulk is even hulkier in this film, and that he is bigger. So i'm not sure if it is a definite amp. Thor fighting evenly or winning will be great. from the look of the brief footage i think its going to be a very intense battle.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therkthor: You have to remeber he A. Just fell trough a portal thousands of feet in the air. The same portal that allegedly weakens people in the comics. B. Hulk was likely captured the same exact way, we have no way of telling how powerful the "stun guns" are or the nets, if they are used fir capturing people as strong as Hulk, the there pretty impressive. C. Scenes like that arent improtant for showing of a characters power, buecause those guns or nets or chains could be any range of power. One thing you are forgeting also is that in Thor, he didnt just not have Mjionir, Odin completely depowered him then put an enchanmnet on the hammer for him to regain his power if he became worthy of it. He didnt have his hammer in the brief begining part of the fight with Hulk in the Helicarrier but he still held his own. Mjionir isnt the source of his Asgardian physiology, but it does seem to be the source of his weather manipulation in the MCU.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76: destroyer was destroyed by its own power Thor just reflected it.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: There is the point of Thor not going all out at first, he's excited to seenhis Buddy so he may actually still hold back at least at first. My worry is they will having him hold back again and the clues given support at least at first he will hold back against hulk which would suck

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Yea the chances are even though he'll hold back a lot less than in Avengers he's still going to be holding back because it's his friend and he isn't being mind controlled he's not going to go for the kill

So it's not going to be a Thor going all out sadly

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I know Don't think Marvel ever will allow a all-out Thor against the Hulk.. They don't want a winner. It could be the premise of Why they stalemate so much when Thor should take it.