#1 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

Hero? Anti-hero? Neutral?

#2 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

he jus be chillinn

#3 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be called a ruler depending on the time and also the writer.

The defender is what they call themselves and Thor is the defender of the earth so it would stand to reason he has a realm he is known as the defender of as well. But I would say he is as always the one that moves in circles only he knows. So who is to say from time to time he does not walk the back ways defending humans backing up Thor and saving the day. A new face an old face. a touch of illusion and just like Mythology he is here and moved on with nobody the wiser he ever was there at all. Not some old croon sitting on a chair hoping for the best they are warriors after all.

#4 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the wisest advisor there is.

#5 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the run. He's not a hero tho imo, I'd say Neutral is the best.

#6 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the idea of Odin as a hero he does explore and has the wonder lust in his spirit. Likes to change his look to fit the need. Uses many kinds of weapons. I would make him Hawkeye blending into the avengers' nobody would know the better.

#7 Posted by kgb725 (19579 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Depends on the run. He's not a hero tho imo, I'd say Neutral is the best.

Hes not really neutral. Uatu is neutral and doesnt really care too much about what goes on but Odin usually roots for Thor to win he just doesnt think he can

#8 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Yeah, but a lot of that is because Thor is his son, not due to his morals

#9 Posted by thor321 (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

if you go by Avengers 1,000,000 then he is LoL.

#10 Posted by kgb725 (19579 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: He doesnt want the celestials or someone like Gorr to run rampant throughout the 9 realms. Hes a bit of an asshole yes but he does want Thor and the avengers to succeed

#11 Posted by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is generally written as having his own sense of morality and responsibility that tends towards him being heroic and trying to do good. This started to change somewhat with Fraction's run but he's obviously not out there trying to be a hero. He's sort of lost his overall purpose within the MU imo.