How Rich is Thor?

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's prince of Asgard, and sometimes its king. There have been comics that mention his residence and holdings in Asgard, but they have always been a bit vague about just how extensive they are.

Exactly what holdings belong exclusively to him, what are they worth in term of Earth Money, and what is he entitled to as the heir of Asgard? Does he have Earthly credit based on his Asgardian wealth? How rich is he compared to other rich guys like Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, T'challa, Namor or Lex Luthor?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor: God of Thunder Vol 1 24, yeah it was a bit vague, but Thor Vol 3 2 wasn't clear enough regarding your question?

I mean, there never will be numbers, yet Asgard is the Golden Realm, so!?

We can't really quantify (for example) the value of the Golden Apples of Idunn, can we?

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I imagine thor and odin would be among the richest people in the universe. iirc asgard has giant vaults that filled to the brim with gold, gems and other treasures, like the galactus seed, most of which would be considered priceless. Straczynski's run of thor shows one of these rooms and it's basically a scrooge mcduck vault. And given that odin is older than the earth, this wealth has been gathered over the course of billions of years

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes he is rich

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

I imagine thor and odin would be among the richest people in the universe. iirc asgard has giant vaults that filled to the brim with gold, gems and other treasures, like the galactus seed, most of which would be considered priceless. Straczynski's run of thor shows one of these rooms and it's basically a scrooge mcduck vault. And given that odin is older than the earth, this wealth has been gathered over the course of billions of years

That's my line of thinking as well, a I was thinking specifically of the JMS run where Thor tells the Broxton landowners to take what is required for the purchase of the land over which Asgard hovers from the treasury. Thor is also unconcerned about how much they take either, showing he is above petty concerns of wealth and aquisition of material goods.