Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@4thor said:

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

It didn't even come out yet. Ostracizing something that you haven't read yet (which could also turn out to be an awesome series) is childish.

You don't need to read Thor 1, to be angry how he became unworthy in Original Sin 7, in my opinion the plot was very weak, and doesn't fit in Thor past in marvel comics, and gave the impression of "forced change". That being said i always will read all Books that are related with Asgard, but respect the people that will Boycott this book.

@tensor: man that makes us 2, i m a big Thor fan but i love Angela has his sister, this really was creative and could shake Asgard in so many arcs, and she is herself doesn't need to hide behind someone else identity, i had no problem if the she Thor go by her real identity, but like i said above i always will read all the books that are Asgard related, but i can't wait for Angela Asgard Assassin (Kieron Gillen is writing it), but this new Thor book (: depression is the word!!! Still also have Loki AA, until now has being good!

What happens if the new Thor turns out to be awesome? Would you respect the people who boycott it now? Look at Superior Spiderman, many people were boycotting it (because the way Peter died sucked and people don't like change) and it turned out be a financial and critical success. Heck, after SS finished people begged Dan Slott for more Superior Spiderman. Those who are boycotting this are overreacting.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Nah, I'm good.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So i read where the writer just wants to make Thor feel unworthy , like its something of a disorder and some meds are are needed.

So um yeah Thor on meds for depression.

wow.

lol hahah

sad but funnny

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

"Thor has been used as a title before, like when Red Norvel became Thor, or when Beta Ray Bill took over as Thor for a bit or when Eric Masterson was Thor".

Yes but in different scenarios, calling her Thor is the problem for me! Why doesn't she go by her identity like B R Bill, he was worthy but never call himself Thor.

Masterson was mortally wounded by Mongoose, and is given Thor's form and powers after the original is sealed in Eric's mind, by Odin, to save Eric's life.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he/she be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." Power # Identity

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: It's not a question of being good or not good, it's how marvel butch Thor past in marvel comics, let's not even talk of his mythology and the concept of Valhalla that defines Thor and all the Aesir, where was that in Original sin 7 when he became unworthy?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#156  Edited By joshmightbe

@4thor: You realize tho that Thor Odinson will still be in the book, in fact early reviews are indicating that he's still a major part of the story so there is a possibility that she won't actually go by the name but if she does it won't be the first time. For instance Beta Ray Bill did in fact go by the name Beta Ray Thor briefly and Red Norvell used the name with Odin's blessing and regardless of circumstance Eric Masterson was a completely different person from the Actual Thor while he was using his name. In fact Masterson more proves my point than takes away from as it given the fact that he was only using Thor's name because he had his powers.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By 4Thor

@joshmightbe: Yes i do realize that, i already said multiple times that i will read it no matter what! but understand the arguments from who will not!

But your arguments don't fit the mantle profile, in Masterson case the Real Thor was sealed his mind, and now the real Thor is simply unworthy of mjolnir how we will call him now THOR i think, it's his birth name! This is not like Bucky become Captain America and Steve Rogers be only Steve Rogers after that, Thor if alive always will be Thor don't you think? Why also call Thor to other character?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By joshmightbe

@4thor: My argument is simply that others have used his name before which they have.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joshmightbe: If Jason Aaron does allow the real Thor to have a role in this book, it will be little more than that of a butt monkey and a punching bag. No purpose other than to make the impostor look good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: Yeah. That would be a good idea... in another comic.

As for the people fielding the "You'll never know if it's good until you try it" defense, Yes I've never read this comic. I've also never sat on a cactus, either. But I don't I'd enjoy it very much.

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: You're most welcome. As I said before in an earlier comment I'd consider seeing Thor in any other comic if only to show support for the real Thor and to see what he'd be capable of without his hammer. Because I know that if he and his impostor ever fought Aaron would purposely weaken Thor.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: My argument is simply that others have used his name before which they have.

This is a new scenario even the writer Jason Aaron mentioned that in a interview! I really have to read issue 1 to be more accurate about this change, but the way that Thor became unworthy in OS was a total mess.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: Its not a new scenario, comic writers always say that, Slott said that crap when he tried to pretend he invented the mind swap during superior spider-man. No writer is ever going to admit his new story is just a retread with boobs.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you can dream it its been done before.

I could point out many things in books but I want to play nice.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah. That would be a good idea... in another comic.

As for the people fielding the "You'll never know if it's good until you try it" defense, Yes I've never read this comic. I've also never sat on a cactus, either. But I don't I'd enjoy it very much.

just to elaborate, we do not need to claw our own eyes out to know it will be a painful and horrid experience with long lasting consequences

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm going to buy it because i'm curious.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Csdabest89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why. I have no problem with it. Im pretty sure it will be revealed to just be some ALT universe amongst the Countless other Alt universes inside of Marvel. Plus didn't That New or Next Avengers movie that had all the avengers kids star a Female who was Thors Daughter. Who knows. Maybe something crazy will happen and it will be revealed to be her.

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almighty sacred thread. I wish thee good luck. This thread is golden and the user who made it has infinite power forever and ever! May thy god of this thread live forever in happiness

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

salt

Avatar image for deactivated-607f2cb9260f9
deactivated-607f2cb9260f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers