Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Contains some spoilers!*

"There you go again. Saving me from that evil dress!"

If you watched last week's episode (if not, tsk-tsk), then the cliffhanger probably had you wanting to exclaim something like, "What? No! Don't trust him!" While the development does receive a lot of good follow-up and it gives some major info on FirestormF.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M., it also had some "seriously, dude?" kind of moments. Cisco, I love you, but how can you be so smart and so foolish at the same time? This episode gives him a few good lines and a chance to really bring some emotion front and center, but why he'd continue to turn his back on Hartley Rathaway, especially after their first trip, was both a baffling and frustrating thing to witness. We're just counting down the seconds until he's obviously betrayed. Yeah, you have a game changer, Cisco, but what's stopping him from knocking you out with a hit to the back of the head? Or swiping the device from you? Maybe have him be the one to sit at the computer and you can stand behind him? Come on, dude! I still love the character and the actor has made me laugh and care about him, but that seemed very foolish on his part. I understand his drive and why it's so important to him -- something which is revealed in a heartfelt scene -- but more caution would have seemed more in character for him. Oh, and who else was completely surprised by that brief hand-to-hand encounter? Not shabby, man!

Caitlin has been pretty cold (obvious pun is obvious) and understandably so. This episode, however, changes that and her night out with Barry is full of lighthearted fun. From her not-so-flattering singing capabilities to her various drunken comments, the time these two share is charming and more than likely going to keep you smiling. It's a hugely amusing way to give us just a little more insight into these two as well.

Shawna Baez, a.k.a. Peek-a-Boo (I can't help but wonder how Cisco feels about that name), had the potential for a more compelling story, but unfortunately, it came off as the weak point of the episode. Instead of making me care about her character, I was left feeling like the situation with her significant other and his "boss" was all-too familiar. When you have such great scenes going on elsewhere, the lack of engaging conversations and attention-grabbing developments here was really noticeable. Yes, it fit the theme about relationships, but it didn't really add anything to it. That said, it did produce a jaw-droppingly epic feat for Barry and the way the hero resolved the situation looked great. I still have no idea how that guy was able to elude Flash in a dark tunnel, though.

No Caption Provided

Usually, Barry has a powerful heart to heart with his adoptive dad, Joe West. The two actors have solid chemistry and their talks get to me almost every time. In this episode, Barry has an incredibly powerful scene with his dad, Henry Allen. The episode's scenario gave them a chance to finally talk without some glass separating them and that brought about two touching moments, but man, I'm not ashamed to say their final conversation really had me holding back the tears.

Even though it was promoted as being a big part of the episode, Linda Park's role isn't significant. It feels more like a teaser of what's to come, and I'd say it did so in an effective way. Given the situation between Barry and Iris, something needs to make the dynamic more interesting. I just hope Linda isn't there just to make Iris jealous and they develop the character well. I certainly liked her enough the limited amount of time we spent with her in this one. And maybe -- just maybe -- this could lead to the teasing of another hero. And speaking of Iris, I didn't rewind the scene to double check, but it seems like the picture she took of Flash was pretty clear. It'll be surprising and a little disappointing if she doesn't discover the truth soon. There's a reason Flash is always keeping his distance or using the darkness to help cover his face, after all.

I won't spoil it the final scene, but I will say it's going to make some fans go crazy with excitment. Right when the scene began, I was feeling pretty confident about who it would tease, but I expected it to end with something like eyes lurking in the shadows. Instead, we get the character's proper debut and it's awesome; the effects definitely satisfied. I mean, a couple years ago, who could honestly say they'd ever expect to see that character on a live-action show?

Tonight's episode of The Flashreally won me over because of just how well the character dynamics were handled and several actors did a brilliant job with the fun and emotional scenes. From a father-son dialogue that had me holding back tears to a funny night out with Barry and Caitlin, there were plenty of great conversations to watch in this one. Cisco's arc had some really superb moments, but him being especially foolish took away from the experience just a bit. While the villain's storyline isn't the most memorable one around, it did generate two very cool scenes and then there's the final sequence that'll make so many of you want to cheer. All in all, this is another episode of The Flash that had me totally captivated and left me wanting to watch the next episode right away. So many shows spend the first season trying to find out what works for them. The Flash? It's been getting better and better.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

GRODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

~MiB

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm furious right now.

I live in Syracuse, where everyone is obsessed with college basketball.

So, my CW channel canceled Flash tonight to show stupid sports.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@madeinbangladesh: Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

I'm furious right now.

OUTRAGEOUS!

Like, in a bad way. Not the Aquaman way.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bruh. Sh*t just got real.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: pfft, tell me about it. Keep your sports out of my peanut butter!!

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By mak13131313

Another excellent episode! I'll just jump to the end of the show, when a certain you know who comes out of the shadow I actually jumped up and screamed! That was awesome! That being said, come on Cisco! Why were you such a sucker? At least we saw him kick a little butt. Which was pretty cool. And the scene with Barry and his dad was a bit of a tear jerker.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_stegman: You know, their's secret websites that can help that problem

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat bullet seen do?

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

@madeinbangladesh: YES!

I loved when cisco said pied piper still managed to sound like a jerk in 6 languages. Flash singing was fun. While I don't like that they introduced Linda Park as a love interest (being Wally's wife in the comics-and since Wally is Barry's nephew), but I thought her character/actress was great in limited time. She comes off as more confident than Iris so far.

@k4tzm4n:Tonight's episode of The Flashreally won me over because of just how well the character dynamics were handled and several actors did a brilliant job with the fun and emotional scenes.

I completely agree. Very well articulated!

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I'm so sorry that happened to you. Have a beer. On me.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Cisco. We have to remember that superhero shows would likely be boring if heroes weren't gullible and naive sometimes. Sometimes to ridiculous levels.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrystalMaster

The fantastic chemistry between the actors always makes me love the characters

CM4ever, i know you can't respond right now, but you do need to check out this episode The Creation Scene, also next episode is called Firestorm

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I know everybody was hyped for Reverse Flash but personally the villain I've been waiting on showing up near the very end of this episode made me very happy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looking forward to Grodd. I I'm glad they included Linda Park as a love interest. I felt tv flash was a combination of both Barry and Wally. I also don't think they will have a Wally in the future. At leas hope not.

I'm glad they're expanding the possibilities for love interests. I don't want him spending all his time pining for Iris. Anyone else think there was a little bit of interest on Caitlin Snow's part for Barry?

EddieHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry stole Wally's Waifu!!!

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By MrMazz

The shows continued smart use of metahuman powers as a means to handel outlandish powers on a small budget continues to be admirable. Take Peek a Boo her bamf-esque smoke trail creats a nice lil cgi gas like Nimbus did and allows for them to largely just hold the frame still and not over edit the action sequences because they can't afford to and that'd look terrible. Not over editing your action sequences if only that's something most action things understood.

Cheap Plug to User Review

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last 2 minutes of this episode omg so much hype.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Looking forward to Grodd. I I'm glad they included Linda Park as a love interest. I felt tv flash was a combination of both Barry and Wally. I also don't think they will have a Wally in the future. At leas hope not.

I'm glad they're expanding the possibilities for love interests. I don't want him spending all his time pining for Iris. Anyone else think there was a little bit of interest on Caitlin Snow's part for Barry?

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, Caitlin is my favorite character. Barry has officially three girls interested in him now. :)

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting to check this series out, I was wondering if this show is as good or better than Arrow. I love Arrow. Just wondering.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By GeekyEverAfter

WOW, what a jam packed episode! I don't even know where to begin, so many incredible and heartwarming scenes this episode has brought to us this week. The chemistry between certain characters really put a satisfied smile on my face. Each scene with Barry having a talk with Henry always brings me to sudden tears. The actors are so good with their expressions and it really draws the viewers in and makes them feel apart of the conversation. The bar scene with Barry and Catlin was so cute! Seeing them get take some time off from their stressful lives and actually have some fun by turning what was supposed to be a stakeout into karaoke night at the bar was so hilarious and had me laughing out loud. And lastly... that cliffhanger.... *fanboyism intensifies*!!!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

Nice episode. But how did The Flash get the guy out of the jail? Presumably there are a few locked doors in between his cell and the outside.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

No Agent Carter review?

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love Caitlin I really hope they don't turn her evil

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Techherofan

Great episode I love that end scene.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, was I the only one who was like "Oh f* yeah!" At the little hand to hand combat moment between cisco and Pied piper? It was just so satisfying seeing two nerds beat each other up.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm not ashamed to say I got a little choked up during the final scene between Barry and his dad. Such a beautiful moment between the two.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Agent Carter review?

Thank you, exactly, my thought too. The best episode by far.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this episode was to highlight the family and friends dynamics...

And, damn! It was EPIC

Looking forward to the Firestorm arc, over the next two episodes!

Also, the Time Travel epsiode

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I did thoroughly enjoy most things from this episode (Grant Gustin strutting his "Glee"-ness, Peek-a-Boo shenanigans, drunk Caitlin, the teaser, etc.), there was one moment that truly shone above all--one moment that will be forever engraved in the hearts and minds of the viewers: Scott McNeil's cameo.

dreambig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a great episode! Can't wait for Grodd.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A pretty great episode! Did anyone think it was a bit weird introducing two new possible love interests for Barry in the same episode though? I've been wondering for a while about Caitlin but just as they bring her around they bring Linda in too. Maybe that's just standard drama but I thought it a little strange.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sbyrstall

I'll agree that this was one of the best episodes to date. You had a few stories going on. Cisco and Rathaway, Ronnie and Caitlyn. and Flash and Peek-a-Boo. Then at the end GRODD!! This had it all. I also didn't think for a minute that Ronnie's dad didn't know the Flash was Ronnie. How can a father not know his son?

I now really, really want to see the Firestorm episodes next week. This will be fun to watch.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Since she couldn't teleport without seeing where she was going, why didn't someone simply suggest a blindfold?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like see Killer Frost and Vibe in future season or episodes but Caitlin Snow seems to be really nice person to be Killer Frost maybe Ice Maiden.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything:

I also thought that. But she was inside of car with her boyfriend and he would need first imobilize them and next "blind" her so that it can remove from her.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44:

Dat bullet seen do?

Yeah that was gangsta. You never want to take your healing factor for granted...

@the_stegman:

I'm furious right now.

Go Orange!!! (lol) Seriously though, pull it up on cwTV.com and you can watch the whole episode (and a few others you may have missed)!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By d9000

Great episode for character development but the Peek-a-boo was such a lame character here. I guess Gregg covers that in his review. And now she's another victim of the horrible human rights violation that is the underground prison. I wonder if they'll ever get in trouble for that??

Not knowing a ton about Flash's rogues gallery (except their names) I wouldn't have guessed that Pied Piper would be such a strong villain. That actor is great in the roll and I think it helps that he doesn't just hate Flash, he hates the whole Flash Team!

The scene with Caitlin getting changed in front of Barry made me think of the line from the Big Bang Theory, "the hero always peaks". Lol

BlackDraka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks Cisco's shirts are great? :D

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved everything about this episode.

Also, that bullet scene reminded me of Wally feeling the bullet pushing against his neck while in the movie theater.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bigcimmerian

GRODD GRODD GRODD

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:

Great episode for character development but the Peek-a-boo was such a lame character here. I guess Gregg covers that in his review. And now she's another victim of the horrible human rights violation that is the underground prison.

The notion of human rights, which we erroneously take for granted, don't take metahuman abilities into account.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Black_Arrow

The bullet scene was amazing. The relationships between the characters worked perfectly. the Barry and Henry last scene was awesome (the bar scene was fun too). Also GRODD.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Best episode yet! Had some character development, furthered the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. storyline, had a villain with cool powers that I could easily understand why Flash would have trouble with, and first look at Grood!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot another awesome scene is Cisco vs Hartley mano a mano.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@d9000 said:

Great episode for character development but the Peek-a-boo was such a lame character here. I guess Gregg covers that in his review. And now she's another victim of the horrible human rights violation that is the underground prison.

The notion of human rights, which we erroneously take for granted, don't take metahuman abilities into account.

Well I don't know about all that, but I'm only interested in fictional human rights. Real human rights are an impossible paradox and endlessly frustrating. Plus I live in North America where everything is taken for granted, erroneously or not.

I'm just hoping they'll have to deal with a big breakout or some government crack down at some point. Those stories are usually fun.