• 120 results
#51 Posted by Ostyo (14103 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@ostyo thoughts?

This is why you don't make comic book shows...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
#52 Posted by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: You don't want live-action Raven? :O

#53 Posted by Ostyo (14103 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Rachel Roth version, and without a doubt a completely nerfed and poorly casted one? No thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
#54 Posted by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: I understand now. Although something better will be waiting for you in the PM.

#55 Edited by kantrip (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in. This also makes me wonder if Felicity (Arrow) will get the title of Oracle, since all Supergirl, and Teen Titans are rumored to cross over with Arrow/Flash or at least be in the same universe.

#56 Posted by SaintWildcard (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I'll totes be watching

#57 Posted by kennybaese (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting they're skipping Cyborg because he's being used in the movies. Beast Boy is probably just too expensive to film on a TV budget. A shapeshifter would be pure CGI a bunch of the time.

#58 Edited by Darling_Luna (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

4 characters with bird themed names

Well fudge

#59 Posted by SevanGrim (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

i have such average feels about this.

its very apparent to me nearly every tv/movie property that someone who doesnt read and/or care about comics is calling the shots. And this lineup is tripping some alarms.

Robin, Starfire, and Raven all tested well in the cartoons. Thats why they are there.

Barb is there because they have been emulating her in every tv show and movie.Having someone at a computer talking to you through an earpiece is becoming a staple of the superhero genre, and she started it. (now they COULD have put cyborg in a wheelchair and had him play that until he got even MORE hurt and became cyborg, but thats just awesome thinking on my part)

Hawk and Dove are there because every show tries to add an unknown character into the mix. They can more or less do what they want with them, and if they kick off the opportunities for merch and spinoffs are less restricted (creatively and legally). I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them was ethnically ambiguous too. They are unknown and the team is looking pretty pale right now.

The only thing i really am kind of interested in is if there will be crossover between Arrow/Flash. TNT is under the timewarner umbrella with CW, so its possible. Arsenal and the eventual Kid Flash that has been rumored would be awesome additions down the line. And getting cross over villains is something that comics do that shows and movies havent. Think of them fighting Deathstroke. Or the Flash Rouges. or Grodd. That'd be cool.

but at best, this seems like another show that starts crudy to me and grows to average over time. Why hollywood people always think the need to change things is beyond me.

#60 Posted by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a shot but if I were to be honest I'd rather have some of the other members on the show, like Beast Boy or Wonder Girl.

#61 Posted by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting line-up.

#62 Posted by Wilbertus (535 posts) - - Show Bio

... Beast Boy ... Cyborg ... o.O

#63 Posted by SevanGrim (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

They can't use Cyborg for obvious reasons.

yes they can. Flash is (possibly) being doubled too. They own the rights and can do what they want.

And all the Grayson/Babs/Kori drama you can shake a stick at!

oh yeah. that was probably the pitch for the show lol

#64 Posted by Billy_Cobb (98 posts) - - Show Bio

"adding Oracle to the show is just plain wonderful and completely unaccepted."

I think you mean, "unexpected."

#65 Posted by ms__omega (5269 posts) - - Show Bio

No Static *sad face* :(

#66 Posted by kid Apollo (961 posts) - - Show Bio

i assume Beast Boy costs too much per episode

#67 Posted by cdw101 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

No beast boy.........no likey and no lighty!!!

#68 Posted by M1cAL (106 posts) - - Show Bio

i was JUST saying to my buddy that a teen titans show would be pretty crazy, especially if they eventually crossed over with arrow & flash.

#69 Posted by GolDEnsPectre (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I really curious as to how they were going to portray Starfire and if she going to be orange.

#70 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Would have liked Wonder Girl/Aqualad/Superboy/Kid Flash to be in the roster...

Guess you can't have everything...

#71 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

so i take this is supposed to be be a live action show? not animated? hmmm... sounds interesting.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#72 Edited by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Cyborg and Beast Boy?

No Caption Provided

Anyways, interesting choices

#73 Posted by Bonzi161 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

This cast is a huge turn off for me... little faith

#74 Edited by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

I can guess budget wise they probably can't have the variety of super powers, super strength and tk can be done cheap and easy and Starfire's energy powers, if she has them will probably be used sparingly

#75 Posted by mak13131313 (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Can't wait for this!

#76 Posted by Techherofan (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad choice with Hawk and Dove their powers are cheap to do on a tv budget .Plus it leave more in the budget for Raven and Starfire special effects which is a good thing if done right.

#77 Posted by micangel (63 posts) - - Show Bio

"Unaccepted?" Or unexpected.

#78 Posted by hotroddii (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Expect at least one of these characters to be a different color (skin and or hair) to what you are used to!!!

#79 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

HAWK AND DOVE !!!!!!

HELL YES !!!!!

#80 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by CitizenJP (782 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sooooo excited this article got me pumped!

#82 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the line up. I don't really care for Hawk & Dove being on the team. Given the opportunity I would've thrown them out for Wally, Donna, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Roy, or Garth. Pretty much cuz I am a huge Wolfman/Perez fan.

I love the addition of Batgirl! I find that a great addition! And having Dick, Raven, and Starfire is awesome and known. I really like the fact they are starting Dick off as Robin. Hopefully he'll actually be a teen and maybe giving him the classic costume. Yeah it'll look stupid though I loved that about superheroes. They wear these crazy, outlandish costumes that should get them killed when fighting though they don't get killed making them even more the badass.

I want a Watchmen feel to it. No storywise though the set up. Wear it isn't afraid to show the crazy, outlandish costumes in live action.

#83 Posted by 2chimcha3 (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty happy with this lineup. Not a Hawk and Dove person, but I'll give it a chance. I'm also glad the team is mostly female. I kinda like that.

#84 Edited by zaied (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand Cyborg not being there since he's become a prominent Justice League member now and will even be featured in the films.

Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, or Speedy would've been nice, though.

#85 Edited by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson harem.. lol very very very interesting.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#86 Posted by The Impersonator (8487 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this show is going to crossover with Flash/Arrow. We have Arsenal, Deathstroke, Kid Flash, and Nightwing from Bludhaven, the location which was mentioned in Arrow.

#87 Posted by werst9 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel kinda annoyed with myself that i noticed how white this team is

#88 Posted by Surza7 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome! haven't read much of Hawk and Dove but always excited to see new characters.

#89 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for a Batgirl solo series, now I'm hoping there's no love triangle between Babs, Dick, Starfire.

#90 Posted by leokearon (1970 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson, Barbara, and Starfire? Cliché love triangle spotted off the port bow, captain.

Indeed.

Interesting to See Hawk and Dove there, still I'll give it a shot

#91 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the "where's so and so" reaction. Yeah, why not put every single character who's ever been a member in the very first episode?

I really hope they're aren't going to play it as if Rachel Roth is her real name and Raven is the alias.

Oracle being included is cool, I don't see her being in any other live-action adaptations anytime soon.

Part of me suspects Hawk and Dove were added solely to eventually be killed off... Hmm but by whom...

#92 Edited by timelord (920 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pilot it will change. Look at where Arrow started it and it is now you all complain to much.

#93 Posted by kamionero (342 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it doesn't end like the Birds of Pray show (that was like a half baked Charmed, Charmed already being half-baked itself) I'll be interested.

#94 Posted by WarDishy_ (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine Beast Boy would be hard to realise well on a TV budget, but Hawk and Dove? Really?

Excited for Dick and Raven though. And even though I'm not the biggest fan of Starfire or Babs I'm glad female heroes are getting good rep.

#95 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Cue the "I would've done a better job picking a line-up than the professionals" comments.

#97 Posted by tsalmavet (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish that they put Jericho or some else besides hawk and Dove.

#98 Edited by mfundo (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay okay, now when do the guys with the cameras jump out and say, "We're just kidding about Hawk and Dove being in the team and that they'll never amount to the awesomeness of Arsenal, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Donna Troy, Garth and The Flash. Who we have replaced them with..."?

#99 Posted by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#100 Posted by amazing_webhead (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingwebhead said:

Grayson, Barbara, and Starfire? Cliché love triangle spotted off the port bow, captain.

Indeed.

Interesting to See Hawk and Dove there, still I'll give it a shot

Agreed