Well looks like Romita Jr might be leaving Superman.

• 82 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Probably to do Batman :P For me that's fine. I like his art, but if he can't do Superman like he is, he shouldn't have accepted the job in the first place. I bet his last issue is the end of TRUTH (not the arc but the "era")

Also HOWARD PORTER!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If that's true, then

No Caption Provided

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Best news all week.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Gracias Dios Mio

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope to god Howard porter is not replacing JRjr fully cause I can't stand the way he draw faces

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ding dong the witch is dead! In a manner of speaking. Excited for Porter taking over too!!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Squalleon
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is what we are getting.....and I love it!

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You shouldn't. He said multiple times he doesn't care and didn't want to work in Superman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

@squalleon: who's Howard porter and is he the new artist ?

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Porter is a god among artists. Not necessarily for his ability (which I can only classify as distinctive and solid) but for the way he managed to reinvent himself. If he can somehow bring that spirit into Superman, we're in for a treat.

Not necessarily happy to see Romita go, as the title desperately needed a high profile marquee name such as his, to say nothing of the stability and reliability he provided. That said, we could certainly have done worse.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

You shouldn't. He said multiple times he doesn't care and didn't want to work in Superman.

But I liked his art :(

Also didn't know he said that, hmmm

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

He literally said he wanted to turn Superman into Batman. Make your own mind.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: who's Howard porter and is he the new artist ?

He is the one who did JLA with Morrison (his art has became incredibly better since then). According to BC he is, which seems true since November's issue is by him.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@quinnofthestoneage said:

@squalleon said:

He literally said he wanted to turn Superman into Batman. Make your own mind.

Ahh, I change my mind, glad he's leaving lol

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I like JR, but not sad to see him go, given the attitude. Porter works for me

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel:

Finally some good news!

He's obviously out of place. And Superman comics are not for him right now.

I just hope DC doesn't choose someone that understands even less than him about Superman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Well at least the poorly executed and dumb Superman storyline will actually look good on the page for a change. Porter's art has improved since his JLA days and he's come back stronger than ever. I'll at least be able to enjoy the art if not the story in Superman now.

However, Bleeding Cool's next article makes it sound like DC have even more problems considering they might be entering an 'austerity regime.'

I think it is silly go get so harsh measures just because of a simple commercial failure ( I love how Didio pulls his tail out when Convergence was his idea)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@squalleon: It would definitely be rash if DC drastically cuts down its page count and increases ads in response to DCYou's sales failure, but that's exactly what they're doing. And that sucks considering how DC are apparently known for their higher page rates compared to other publishers.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: It would definitely be rash if DC drastically cuts down its page count and increases ads in response to DCYou's sales failure, but that's exactly what they're doing. And that sucks considering how DC are apparently known for their higher page rates compared to other publishers.

Its okay, they just make it easier to not buy books from them. Kirkman said Image will outsell DC in five years...look at that, he may be right.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Before this rumour I'd have grave doubts about that prediction but my doubts are starting to be lessened as of this latest run of rumours.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another artist is gone, good to have his art on one vol or two lol was there even a superman/supergirl on justice league 3000 or justice league 3001 ? if yes then the new artist may have a little bit practice

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Before this rumour I'd have grave doubts about that prediction but my doubts are starting to be lessened as of this latest run of rumours.

I wonder when WB will understand DC's top editorial is dated and useless. Seriously why is Harras and Didio still in DC. DC has changed direction 4 times the last 5 years. Something is wrong up there.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@squalleon: I have many grievances with Didio but Harras would need to go first. This is the same guy who helped run Marvel into the ground in the 90s, you'd think DC would have the sense to not employ a guy with that on his resume.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: I have many grievances with Didio but Harras would need to go first. This is the same guy who helped run Marvel into the ground in the 90s, you'd think DC would have the sense to not employ a guy with that on his resume.

I know what DC (WB) is doing. They don't want to admit it but they know they will never catch up to Marvel in the movies so they are running DC into the ground just to sell the rights to Marvel Studios like how Marvel did with their characters in the 90s.

Clever WB, clever.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another artist is gone, good to have his art on one vol or two lol was there even a superman/supergirl on justice league 3000 or justice league 3001 ? if yes then the new artist may have a little bit practice

The answer to your question is yes and yes. In the 3000 there was of course that "Superman" and in the 3001, I believe it was in the most recent issue, "Supergirl" made her entrance.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@the_kidd said:

Yes! Best news all week.

Translation. The only good Superman news.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good news but my interest in Superman has just waned so much over this year it's really sad. I'm going to hang on to see if Lois and Clark and American Alien are any good but otherwise I'm done.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@azza04: I think most of Superman's long time fans feel that way. It's mostly the newer ones who go for this poor imitation.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

X-Men! X-Men! X-Men X-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Since I am a reader of JL3000/3001... I kinda hope Porter isn't on his way out:

Btw, isn't this just speculation on some level whenever JRJR is leaving or just having a break?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I am a reader of JL3000/3001... I kinda hope Porter isn't on his way out:

Btw, isn't this just speculation on some level whenever JRJR is leaving or just having a break?

He posted a Superman car on his twitter and asked if that now is considered tax free because it is his job.

Leaving for good because of "enticing new project"

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Another project?

please not Batman,please not Batman,please not Batman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another project?

And it was so "must" for him. Remember, he wanted to do Batman.

He may not be bad, after all he is known for his street-levelers.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm not the biggest Superman fan myself, but if you're involved in writing the character talking crap about the character everyone grew up with, the character that had such a big cultural impact and the character because of whom anyone even cares about your story and how much better this altered version, is really insulting to a lot of people. Not a loss to see someone with that kind of attitude towards a character leave as a writer for this character. Nobody who lacks the respect for a character and his history, should ever be allowed to write it, be this a big character like superman or some unknown D-Lister.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked his art a lot

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the biggest Superman fan myself, but if you're involved in writing the character talking crap about the character everyone grew up with, the character that had such a big cultural impact and the character because of whom anyone even cares about your story and how much better this altered version, is really insulting to a lot of people. Not a loss to see someone with that kind of attitude towards a character leave as a writer for this character. Nobody who lacks the respect for a character and his history, should ever be allowed to write it, be this a big character like superman or some unknown D-Lister.

if you don't mind i will tell you my sight of the things... i really have nothing against superman and i am a batman fan myself and still see him as the greatest hero of dc. number 2 is wonder woman for me but that is just a stupid sight but works for me... if batman could tell a lot of friends to destroy superman he would be dead... the comics should be fun and i have the fun with wonder woman, superman, batman with all of them, i could even enjoy red hood and the outlaws... i am not in the league everything must be better and better and better... everything is for me good the way it is but if you can improve then improve...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another project?

You do remember that in almost all his early interviews, the DC character Romita Jr said he wanted to work on the most was Batman? It's not like the Batman line will suffer nearly as badly as the Superman line has from Romita Jr's mediocrity and misunderstaning the character.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@azza04: I think most of Superman's long time fans feel that way. It's mostly the newer ones who go for this poor imitation.

That type of baseless conceit only serves to further divide Superman's fandom and will accomplish nothing positive. Please don't do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@self-dceit: QFT... This statement needs to be posted on the Superman board for the next three hundred years, maybe longer.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men! X-Men! X-Men X-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRJR is in contract with DC. He left Marvel on purpose.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

That type of baseless conceit only serves to further divide Superman's fandom and will accomplish nothing positive. Please don't do that.

So Dernman pointing out the obvious dilution of Superman's depiction and DC alienating long time fans by essentially neutering Superman's appeal is baseless conceit? I think not, the truth hurts unfortunately and the truth is that long time fans have dropped Superman comics like flies. They're not interested in a Superman who's brooding, tortured and more angry with friends and foes alike. I fail to see how noting the obvious mistreatment of Superman by DC Comics counts as a bad thing.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: has this guy gotten better since JL3000 launched ?