Avatar image for dementedtheclown
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dementedtheclown

I Know They State The 3 Ages Of Supermans Powers, But I Was Wondering What All His Powers Are/ Have Been.
 This Includes Being Able To Drink A Whole Lake, And Blow A Tornado Kinda Powers.

I'll Start The List With Whats On His Page.

*Invulnerability 
*Flight
*Super Strength 
*Super Speed
*Super Breath
*X–Ray Vision 
*Super Hearing
*Accelerated Healing
*Heat Vision
*Mental Powers (learning  languages quickly)
*Ice Breath
*Super Hypnotism (apparently to hypnotize himself into not having powers, and keep his identity secret)
*Super Ventriloquism
*Microscopic Vision
*Telescopic vision
*Energy Absorbing (yellow sun)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

ther was one silver age story where he made a mini clone of himself but that was a one time deal as far as i know
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lyrad

In the 50's, he was able to shape shift his face so he looked like anyone he wanted to. 

Also, his cape was indestructable.
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lyrad
@joshmightbe said:
"ther was one silver age story where he made a mini clone of himself but that was a one time deal as far as i know "

Haha!  Really?  Thats quality.  Funny, but quality. 

As brilliant as Superman is, over the years he has suffered from many inconsistencies.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

At one point Superman could fire smaller Supermen from his fingers.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

there was that one story where he gave Pa kryptonian powers by shooting him with his blue sun upgraded powers

Avatar image for blackandredflag
Blackandredflag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Blackandredflag

i wonder if he super poos!
imagine them flying at you!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

superman has had some rediculous powers in the past

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G'bandit

Oh lord,  the rainbow rays from his finger tips...

BTW Anyone got that scan?

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dementedtheclown

Throwing A Holographic S

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lyrad
@dementedtheclown said:
"Throwing A Holographic S

"

Hahaha!  Genius!
Avatar image for kneel_before_doom
kneel before doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler said:
" At one point Superman could fire smaller Supermen from his fingers. "
Oh god, don't remind me
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dementedtheclown

Super Rebuild The Great Wall Of China 

Super Caller I.D.
No Caption Provided
Super  Hypnotism In Action.... Yea Take It Off.......
No Caption Provided
Jedi Mind Trick

No Caption Provided

Super Swimming
No Caption Provided
  Super Magnetic Touch

No Caption Provided

Super Playing Dead, And Shape Shifting
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dementedtheclown

Super Etching And Antiquing

No Caption Provided

Super Chowing Down
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Super Kiss (memory erasing in some movies)
No Caption Provided

Super Mathematics
No Caption Provided

Super Projection TV
No Caption Provided

Super Weaving
No Caption Provided

Super-Makeup?
No Caption Provided

Super Sneeze
No Caption Provided

Super Landscaping
No Caption Provided
Super Friction

No Caption Provided
shadowjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shadowjin

super weaving lol 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By MrDirector786

Modern Day Superman only has the following powers:

Super Strength
Super Speed
Incredible Durability
Flight
Super senses such as super hearing
Super lung capacity
Super strong breath
freezing breath
Telescope vision
microscope vision
ability to see whole electromagnetic spectrum, most prominently uses x-ray vision though
heat vision 
Super intelligence
ability to absorb solar radiation

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Calvin
@Gambler said:
" At one point Superman could fire smaller Supermen from his fingers. "
have you seen that in the All-Star Superman? because i understand it looked like that, but it wasn't that he was doing
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrDirector786

For the most part Golden Age Superman's powers were as follows:

Super Strength
Super durability
Super speed
able to jump really high, over tall buildings
Although it's not very well known, in the early 1940s, he actually also had telescope vision, microscope vision, and x-ray vision. In the late Golden Age, his x-ray vision could become heat vision when he used it at full power, and his leaps would go over planets.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WDW

I have a question about superman. Did not want to start a new thread.

Superman DOES NOT have superhuman agility right? I mean he moves real fast but he does not have the balance control and coordination of an olympic gymnast or acrobat.... like Batman or Black Canary correct?

Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Boneapart

super voice able to destroy mountains

Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Boneapart

super voice able to destroy mountains. 
could go throught time. 
mind control 
shape shifting powers

Avatar image for thess2greenlanturnarmy
TheSS2GreenLanturnArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is not to be compared with a DBZ character. While he is physically strong and can fly at light speed he can't fight that fast. He fights at the speed of a normal human. In dbz while strength and speed are factors the most important one is ki the level of energy you have inside you. I've seen superman do a heat vision blast that exhausted him and it wasn't even powerful it was a teen goku level attack. Superman can fly fast but he can't fight fast. He cant zip around a city and block and dodge light speed punches and kicks he's not even close to that. superman gets stomped on by nappa. I say his dbz power level is AT MOST 600.

And he's not even that durable. All he does is punch and fly. He doesn't shoot eye beams half of his fights like dbz characters. If supes were to constantly shoot heat beams he'd be worn out in 5 minutes and have to fly back up to the sun for energy that's not even his. Supes didn't train at all he gets his power from the sun. He doesn't know how to fight either, he is a excellent street fighter but he doesn't know any martial arts. Give batman super strength speed and durability and he can beat superman while he has the flu and sleep at the same time.

While supes has the strength and speed of freiza his energy level is far less. Freizas energy level is 120,000,000 and if you line up ten planets he cans destroy the all one after another without fatigue. That weak heat vision strike that had superman worn out couldn't even destroy a mountain. But in dragon ball z a powerleved 4,000 nappa destroyed a city and it wasn't even his strongest blast

So here's it matches up

Supes is not that durable compared to dbz because he can't go 3 minutes without tiring himself out through heat vision(his form of ki blast) and him and doomsday maybe hit each other a good 75 times (could be a little less could be a little more) and he was tired and had to resort to a planetary power bomb. While in dbz they fight for hours on in and continuously shoot ki and there fight speed allows them to get punches off about 700 times a minute and that's with the talking they do in between sequences.

Superman is as strong and fast as someone with a power level of 120,000,000 but he can't create a blast with enough power to obliterate a mountain. Something someone with a powerlevel of 1,000 can do and I doubt he can keep getting up from more than 3 city destroying blast something freiza

can keep up for days. So a good match for superman would be recoome and I say him because superman is far stronger and far faster but recoome has a ki level of 42,000 and that's a planet busting threat and recoome can fight just as fast as he can fly so I would like to see if recoome can blast supes to death before supes punches his lights out. Supes is MAYBE good enough to join the ginyu force I don't know why he has been compared to goku,vegeta,freiza,ect

And if you wanna say superman prime million ill through broly on him and it will be the something I said above except supes energy will match his speed and strength. And he still can't fight fast and he still doesn't know any martial arts.

I don't know why all these fanboys are always in their feeling about superman

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By w0nd

@thess2greenlanturnarmy:

"Supes is not that durable compared to dbz because he can't go 3 minutes without tiring himself" are you talking about the guy who felt a rock being thrown at his head? who screamed in pain from lava, and who was afraid of being impaled by a pointy stalactite? And is afraid of hospital needles which can in fact penetrate his skin....? pretty sure in the movie chopsticks were used as an effective weapon against these "durable" characters.

These people are hardly durable they are only durable when the time calls for it, I feel ashamed for even feeding the troll but all of that had to be pointed out.

Good bye forever from this thread

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can emit different radiations trough his eyes, x-ray, microwaves,heat etc he can see in the infrared spectrum and many others. Basically his eyes are all I need to co duct any kind of research and experiments :P

TheSS2GreenLanturnArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: firstly if your going to quote me say the whole thing. Secondly all that stuff they do in dbz is for comedic reasons. And I don't know what you are talking about for the chopstick thing but that can only happen if the users power is far greater than the one being hit

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By w0nd

@thess2greenlanturnarmy:

I am not going to quote your whole statement if my ONLY arguement was about durability some stuff I agreed with, some I did not but now after re reading what you said again I will comment on the other stuff as well.

"And I don't know what you are talking about for the chopstick thing but that can only happen if the users power is far greater than the one being hit"

So what are you saying, if the person is stronger then you it should hurt you? so if someone is weilding a pillow they should be able to harm you with it or a feather, simply because they are physically stronger? This is about durablity by the way, opponent being stronger or not, they shouldnt be able to pierce skin with it,

The chopsticks it was a scene in battle of the gods, not only does he catch a punch with them but he uses them to stun as well...i dont care how strong the person weilding them is..if they are "durable" the chop sticks would beak against their skin...just like if they were durable they wouldnt be worried about being shoved into pointy rocks. A pointy rock isn't for comedy, he actually panicked and felt it was a threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qw6upFAOQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=478s

7:58

Once again if they were "durable" or hand supermans level of invulnerablity the rock would have broke against his skin without a problem...he was clearly worried about being impaled.

And yes superman does exhaust himself when he uses heat vision sometimes you are 100% correct on that...just like the dbz characters exhaust themselves using blasts at times. Hell even a person like buu who was considered an amazing threat even in fat form, tried to shoot a blast and a a puff of smoke came out instead because of energy being depleted, and that was someone who gohan said felt like he dipped into an unlimited source of power, so I have no idea why you are talking about running out of energy when in the majority of episodes of dbz they go on about how "their energy is dropping fast"

There are times when he has used heat vision in wide blasts and was perfectly fine after not exhausted at all..JUST like in dbz, and other times after he does it he is exhausted, JUST like dbz, he doesn't have to fly to the sun and back just to recharge by the way, all he has to do is step into it. A de power superboy prime wasn't a threat but as soon as the sun hit the horizon he was charged and the others were effed...JUST like in dbz where they have to stand there and power up, except unlike in the show you dont have to sit there and watch them do it while talking for 5 damn minutes.

"He doesn't know how to fight either, he is a excellent street fighter but he doesn't know any martial arts."

he has trained in Torquasm-Rao and Torquasm-Vo...As well as what ever batman has taught him and the other martial artists on the leauge, they all have training sessions and he has admitted to being trained. Yes they will be better than him in their respected areas since they were the ones training him, but saying he has none is just showing you don't have the knowledge of superman to make arguments like that.

If you are going to start spitting facts about characters you clearly find inferior at least make sure they are right.

Some of your arguments as to why superman sucks can be applied to the dbz characters as well, that for some reason you ignored. I am fine with debates, but when you ignore the flaws of the character you are representing, and it's a flaw they BOTH share then it's ridiculous.

clearly you just like superman so you decided to come and talk about dbz for no reason at all.

TheSS2GreenLanturnArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: I do like superman and this is not a superman diss. This thread is about his powers right? And when most people compare superman it is usually to goku. The whole point of what I said was to show that superman doesn't have what is required to be compared with freiza or beyond something most people do, some even think he beats ssj3. And for the energy, both superman and who ever runs out of energy but dbz fights for hours while using energy in everything they do like from the time super buu stepped into the hyperbolic time chamber till when kid buu was killed that had to be atleast 8 hours and buu took a one hour break and then a 1 minute break. superman doesn't have the energy (powerlevel) to do what needs to be done and since you just informed me about superman learning to fight he must of forgot fast because he still doesn't show any martial arts. Plus bills is like 15,000 times powerful than piccolo and he was most likely putting his energy through the chop sticks the same way goku put energy around his finger and blocked trunks sword. so lets say for example if a regular man hit supes with a chair supes wouldn't feel it but if darkside did it it would be like a punch from darkside and darkside is no where near 15,000 times more power than superman hell I don't even think his stronger than superman and for the pillow thing of course it will hurt more. I know you got hit with a pillow at some point in your life that was harder than it should have been and a pillows material isn't hard so that can't even be compared, now if your mother hit you with a bat and then your father .... Well I think you get it

But you are right I should of looked over what I said

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thess2greenlanturnarmy: yes i figured it was about listing superman's list of powers, not why he sucks compared to goku but apparently I was wrong.....whats next on the list, going to the Reed Richards page about how far he can stretch and listing the reasons why Luffy from one piece would beat him?

TRAVI5S_KENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TRAVI5S_KENT

((I know this is an old thread but oh well.

Actually, there were quite a bit of comics where Superman lost his powers and was trained how to fight By Batman and Green Arrow, He knows many fighting styles from when he was "Human" and actually he is able to move his his arms and legs as fast as DBZ characters, if not faster, plus it also says that when the DBZ characters fight, their movements aren't at light speed, they make sonic booms which means their attacks are no faster then the speed of sound. which Superman' speed is actually a little faster, and he can move his arms just as fast as his feet/legs. They each have things they exceed in, but Superman can tangle with the best, All I need to say for this is he's beat doomsday on multiple occasions and Doomsday cannot be killed the same way more then once, and he always comes back stronger, kinda like a saiyan, but Superman never gives up until he wins.
But Superman and Goku would never fight, because they'd be too nice to each other, unless they were seen as a threat to earth. and if anything they'd team up.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did this thread really... oh come on guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read somewhere that he also remembers everything he has even seen or heard. Even when be was a kid

TRAVI5S_KENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TRAVI5S_KENT

Yes, He can :)

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CairoV
Rainbow Fingers
Rainbow Fingers

Super Cigar Smoking
Super Cigar Smoking
Telepathy
Telepathy

Duplicating himself

Time travel

Super kissing

(In the Christopher Reeve films he has some really weird powers)

Super Ventriloquism
Super Ventriloquism

Shooting super midgets from his hands
Shooting super midgets from his hands

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cairov: These are some of the beautiful images I have ever seen

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Has anyone mentioned Shape-shifting?

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: The OP mentioned Shape-shifting on his second post I think.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did he puff up like a balloon or was that namor?

haydster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder if he super poos!

imagine them flying at you!!

that would be creepy and gross

Afro007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't he have super smell?

randell1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By randell1985

superman should actually be able to read minds simple reason

he has super hearing that allows him to hear better than any creature on earth the reason this would lead to mind reading is because our inner speech"the voice you hear inside your head when reading or thinking" is actually accompanied by tiny muscular movements in the larynx as such superman should be able to hear those movements and with training should be able to distinguish the actual sounds to interpret what words they are thinking

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wdw said:

I have a question about superman. Did not want to start a new thread.

Superman DOES NOT have superhuman agility right? I mean he moves real fast but he does not have the balance control and coordination of an olympic gymnast or acrobat.... like Batman or Black Canary correct?

I would say no. I have never seen him cartwheel, back flip, or spin jump. It is simply not his style, I think he never learnt simply as it was never needed as with Superspeed and flight he can easily gain distance or if he is up against someone with equal speed to himself a back flip would not save him.

I think he has balance control down flat though as he can lift himself with a single hand plus with his flight I think he has learnt to balance himself and others. Just he does not do agility, a lot of power users do not like Thor.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Limitlessness
  2. Plot
  3. Abs
Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman should actually be able to read minds simple reason

he has super hearing that allows him to hear better than any creature on earth the reason this would lead to mind reading is because our inner speech"the voice you hear inside your head when reading or thinking" is actually accompanied by tiny muscular movements in the larynx as such superman should be able to hear those movements and with training should be able to distinguish the actual sounds to interpret what words they are thinking

Yes he should be able to read minds. But if I may give my own opinion... In a way people will not automatically call it BS.

We know that Superman can hear in multiple frequencies. That's how I theorize he speaks and hears in space. He actually changes the frequency at which his vocal cords operate, to emit sound at a frequency easily able to hear in space, like radio waves.

In the case of mind reading, we know he can see and hear also in multiple frequencies. And seeing the thought process is fundamentaly bioelectric, he should be able to hear and see what a person is thinking at that very moment.

Even when fighting an opponent, when we move our bodies, our nerves send electrical signal. If he tuned in to those signals, he'd be able to predict an opponent actions before he or she made it.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By segamarvel

@heavenlydarkdragon: I have a quick question for you. Should Superman technically be able to see or shoot Lightning out of his eyes? Like say...All Star Superman did? Like remember Electro from Amazing Spider-man 2? He was shown seeing electric currents running through all the electronics,cars and throughout the city and stuff. So if Superman is known for seeing energy in nearly all it's wavelengths would he be able to replicate this feat? As well as maybe project it from his eyes? (again like when All Star Superman threw it with his hands). And well is "Freeze vision" out of the question? I get that it's a Bizarro power and that he already has arctic breath but still I'm just curious. Like Heat vision is simply speeding molecules up right? While freezing stuff would involve slowing them down. Like Lets say I compare Superman blue to All Star Superman as an analogy.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: I have a quick question for you. Should Superman technically be able to see or shoot Lightning out of his eyes? Like say...All Star Superman did? Like remember Electro from Amazing Spider-man 2? He was shown seeing electric currents running through all the electronics,cars and throughout the city and stuff. So if Superman is known for seeing energy in nearly all it's wavelengths would he be able to replicate this feat? As well as maybe project it from his eyes? (again like when All Star Superman threw it with his hands). And well is "Freeze vision" out of the question? I get that it's a Bizarro power and that he already has arctic breath but still I'm just curious. Like Heat vision is simply speeding molecules up right? While freezing stuff would involve slowing them down. Like Lets say I compare Superman blue to All Star Superman as an analogy.

Yes he should. Let's say Superman kryptonian physiology does allow him to gain almost unimaginable amounts of energy from sunlight. Does it make sense or could it happen...?! No way in hell. Because it can be proved through facts that something like that is not possible.

But lets put that aside and simply go with the flow.

So basically kryptonian powers are in a way linked to their brains. Best example of all, being Bizarro. So Bizarro is basically in every way genetically identical to a normal kryptonian, but his brain works kinda backwards. And what do we see him do... He has the same physical prowess as a kryptonian, he can also fly like a kryptonian, the only differences are his energy powers. Heat vision is freeze vision, arthic breath is fire breath, X-Ray vision instead of seeing through things it places objects organic or inorganic in a kind of solid state (kinda like a Medusa stare).

There's been times when Superman was overcharged or simply exposed to different kinds of stellar energy and he manifested new powers or variations of the one's he already had. One good example was when he was powered by kryptonite. He had basically the same powers only they were slightly altered.

And we seen that kryptonians can possess other powers. Time and time again we've been shown this.

So what would be the easiest explanation for how his powers work... The physical and mental enhancement produce unique results. That it's consciously controlled till a certain extent. The more energy his body produce, more abilities appear or the one's he already had become more developed.

So here are the powers that Superman should have:

- EMP control/manipulation/manifestation (force fields, electric discharges, maybe even consciously create energy weapons or generate a force field at a distance mimicking telekinesis)

- Mind read (thoughts are of bioelectrical nature, so he should be able to at least tune in to what a person is thinking at the time)

- Mind control (thoughts being of bioelectrical nature they're also been proved to be influenced by EM fields)

- Nerve perception (the nerves in our bodies also produce bioelectrical signals, signals that he should also be able to detect, that would allow him to perceive what a person is gonna do before they do it)

- Microwave vision (New52 Supes had this and it would be excelent to fry electronic equipment, and if correctly focused it could also be used to kill off specific organic material, like viruses and dangerous chemicals)

- Laser vision

- Ultraviolet vision (not just see in the ultraviolet spectrum but in theory a ultraviolet laser acts opposed to heat and more like ice, so... a sort of freeze vision)

- Gamma vision (this one New52 Supes had)

- Sonic attack (using his voice together with the ability to use different frequencies to create a form of attack identical in every way to Black Bolt from Marvel sonic attack)

- Move through solid matter (by changing the vibration frequency of his atoms)

- Travel to other dimensions (same method as the one above)

- Travel through time (seeing that he has FTL speed, then time traveling should be a walk in the park)

Also here's some scans from Superwoman #1. See what happened to Lana Lang and how her powers work...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So here you go. Lana using powers that Superman should also possess, but for whatever reason he seems not to.

People could argue, that Lois got the kryptonian powers while Lana got the kryptonite powers. Problem being that at the time Superman had no kryptonite powers, only kryptonite poisoning.

The best explanation would be that Lois got most powers with the exception of the Solar Flare power, while Lana got only that power, but as you can see, she can use it in ways that Superman never could.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By segamarvel
Loading Video...

@heavenlydarkdragon: Thank you for all that useful information. I always know I can count on you to give a very insightful response. Just one thing though. I once saw a video on youtube that kinda contradicts the "speed vibration" thing. Not that I really care about that considering I'm good at suspending my disbelief. I still don't understand how UV = freezing lazer though.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel:

UV would equal freeze vision if it operated like the mostly unknown nitrogen lasers, that operate in the ultraviolet spectrum. The UV radiation has many applications, not just as a form of cold laser cut, which is more effective to cut through some materials than using forms of heat.

Has for the vibration problem. I understand the problem presented, more so for The Flash than Superman. Here are the real problems if such a thing were to happen.

1. When going... lets say through a wall, there's no way for you to know what's in that wall. And seeing each different material vibrates at a different frequency, you'd have to compensate for that before you hit said material or your attempt would be quite painful at best or quite lethal at worst. The best way would be to vibrate at such a frequency that you'd be dephased from basically all normal matter. But here's another problem (if you can't fly), for you to run, your feet need to be in contact with something. Being dephased of all normal matter would make that impossible.

2. If you vibrated so far off of what normal matter vibrates, then you'd most likely also not be able to see normal matter. It would be like if the normal world became invisible to you.

3. Another thing is that out of phase with normal matter, then you're out of phase with things like oxygen. What raises the problem... What would you breath? Or what would stop you from falling down the very ground to the center of the Earth?

If you're Superman then all those problems don't matter, because a) He can see basically through anything and do spectrum analysis b) He doesn't need air to breath c) He doesn't need to use his feet to move

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SanoHibiki

@heavenlydarkdragon said:

Also here's some scans from Superwoman #1. See what happened to Lana Lang and how her powers work...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So here you go. Lana using powers that Superman should also possess, but for whatever reason he seems not to.

People could argue, that Lois got the kryptonian powers while Lana got the kryptonite powers. Problem being that at the time Superman had no kryptonite powers, only kryptonite poisoning.

The best explanation would be that Lois got most powers with the exception of the Solar Flare power, while Lana got only that power, but as you can see, she can use it in ways that Superman never could.

Lana's powers (and costume as well) oddly reminiscent of Superman Red (when Pre-Flashpoint Supes was split into two energy beings). Seemingly switching from "pure human" to superpowered form (sorry if I got that wrong; not reading post-Rebirth comics), not as strong as usual Kryptonian power level, absorbing radiation and manipulating energy.