Superman vs Batman: Who is more realistic?

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kryptonian24

You know, I used to think when people spoke of comparisons between Supes and Bats, it was nothing more than a friendly, harmless game. But now, it seems a lot of people (NOT just Batman fans or even fanboys) are desperate to find reasons to undermine Superman. Most recently, several friends and myself were discussing Superman and Batman and one of them says he thinks Batman is better because he can actually exist. That frustrated the mess out of me because I don't think that's true AT ALL. That is right. I believe Superman could truly exist over Batman and I will explain why and accept reasonable responses of any kind. Let's start with Batman since he seems to get more attention these days.

Batman- We ALL know the story. Young Bruce Wayne watches helplessly as his parents are gunned down by some random street punk and becomes traumatized. After spending a few more years at home, he decides it is time for him to leave the nest and travel the world to learn all of these different types of disciplines; both physical and intellectual. Usually by his early-to-mid twenties, he returns to Gotham and decides to share his fear of Bats with the criminals therein by dressing up like one. As the years go by, he shares his knowledge and skills with young children usually not much older (or younger) than he was when he lost his parents, who take on aliases of their own. Even more impressively, he stands on equal with six individuals with the kind of abilities you only see in your WILDEST dreams. Hmm...where do I start.

In real life, he most definitely would be helpless and traumatized. But before he resumes with his day-to-day activities, he would be given extensive therapy for his trauma (as advised by the caring family butler Alfred, if he is also realistic) provided by some of his family's fortune and afterwards, like maybe after private/prep school (or extensive home-tutoring), would want to travel the world, but not to learn a whole bunch of physical and intellectual disciplines; rather to get a change of scenery (if only temporarily) from the place his parents not only died in, but died in vain trying to help change things. Once he gets his fill, he could face his issue with Gotham and return to pursue a college education and later, run his family's company. Now, I am pretty sure he will want to find the man who killed his parents if he has never been caught. But he would play it safe and hire a detective (Gordon) to look into it and of course, will want in on it. With his money and resources, he ultimately discovers who did it and is tempted to kill him to avenge his parents, but then stops believing they would be ashamed of him. Bruce will then wish to pick up where his parents left off and use his money and resources to help make Gotham a better place, showing much, but not absolute improvement. As for his fear of bats, well, in real life, we're all scared of something. I didn't go into detail about all of the intellectual disciplines he learned because I think it is very possible for him to be a polymath (a person who holds expertise and degrees in many different fields). As for 127 different martial arts, if he did want to know how to fight for self-defense, he WOULD NOT learn this many. 2 maybe. 3 at the very most. As an orphan himself, I think he would adopt the likes of Dick, Jason (until he runs away), and Tim. He would NEVER have Damien due to not ever being Batman and therefor not being sought out by Ra's to begin a long love/hate relationship with Talia culminating in his birth. Bruce would also likely use his money and resources to help rebuild and improve places that have been destroyed due to the battles fought by empowered individuals.

Superman- The only reason why people think he couldn't exist is because he is an alien...with powers. That, I think, is the very reason why I think he could exist. There have been alleged alien sightings dating all the way back to 214 B.C; when a Roman historian named Livy claimed that ships came from the sky. While it is true that many theories from then on have been disproven, many HAVE NOT. For thousands of years, many strange, peculiar, and mysteriously eerie phenomenon have taken place in some part of the world and for the majority of them, nothing was ever explained or resolved. People disappearing without being found. Crop circles that have taken a form that can't be done by normal means. Weird lights and sounds that have never been truly addressed. These things are real. Many people honestly believe that simply because we haven't made first contact on a PUBLIC scale that the possibility of alien life ISN'T possible. Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it wasn't there. That it isn't there. All of this had to start somewhere. In this case, with Livy's claim. And I reiterate what I said earlier. The unproven evidence is all around us. Logically speaking, someone can't just fall off the face of the Earth (Amelia Earhart). And what about the Bermuda Triangle? Nearly NOTHING has ever been explained about all of the odd phenomenon that stems from that place. And one of the types of phenomenon that exists within the triangle is the belief in alien life. That being said, is it really hard to believe that someone from another planet could be living around us as we speak? As I write this post?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I was expecting one of those ridiculous Clark-is-really-human-on-the-inside-and-a-relatable-character posts, not an aliens-could-be-real post

10/10

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I don't believe that either of them could exist in real life, but you have to admit that Batman is closer to reality than superman.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Batman

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I find Superman much more believable because if aliens existed, which they almost definitely do, then it stands to reason that they would be able to do lot's of things that we couldn't and could possibly be physically superior. Batman on the other hand is a human, I am a human, every person I know to have existed is a person and what Batman does has not and will not be replicated by any human because it is above what any human could ever achieve.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kryptonian24

@tikhunt:

Agreed. I mean, like I said, he could be a polymath like Davinci was, but I honestly do not think he could learn/master 127 different martial arts prior to becoming Batman even if he were to start immediately after age 8. Also, I have never heard of anyone dressing up like a giant bat to fight crime and there is really no possible way for him to move the way he does with armor like what he is wearing. I know he has different kinds, but it's not like he can change at super-speed or something. Based on research and even some life-related events, I find it easier to believe in aliens with powers because like I said above, SO many things have happened over the centuries that cannot and have not been explained. If it isn't supernatural, I'd like to believe it to be extraterrestrial.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: superman is impossible. No Alien species will turn out looking exactly like one of us. There are way too many variables for that to happen. There is no real scientific evidence that aliens have every visited Earth. You can't just Fly with your mind you have to have a method of flight, which superman does not(mind doesn't count). No organism can survive in space without some sort of protection. For superman to be able to survive in Space he must've evolved in Space, which organisms cannot do. To say Superman is realistic goes against all known science and basic logical thinking

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think of the two I like Superman better. Look to what you can do with your mind and you see that Superman is just a product of a race of people that had reached the very best that race could achieve. They did what they had to do to achieve it.

So really not to far fetched to think that Superman would be a person whom does not need to eat , drink or anything else. Just a product of a people whom at one time just wanted to explore the stars and one day they forgot the wonder , the excitement and the joy of life and they became more logical just a group of people crunching numbers. Going about the day to day grind until even space meant nothing to them and they withdrew to home and Krypton and made it where body could travel. They changed the DNA so you could not live off the planet.

So Jor-El cheated and him and his wife did what was forbidden and they produced a child with no lock code on his DNA nothing to stop him from escaping.

The world once again opened to his whole race because before that they had become stagnant and lost the ability to dream.

So we look at Superman and we say , OK this is possible with many of the advances of today , times that by say 100 thousand years and you have them. Clark Kent of earth but his history written in every atom in his body , his history one most controlled and his life his again to do as he pleases with.

Bottom line , very possible.

Batman AKA Bruce Wayne AKA billionaire.

It was reported that a man had indeed existed and went around dispensing justice dressed as a bat.

What was not reported is that how he died , that he did not do so well and that he was not some very rich person.

Could a person with the resources that Bruce would have pull off such a feat?

1. Billions of dollars and he lives in a remote Mansion that has excess to all parts of town with underground railroads.

2. One of the smartest people in the world.

3. Trained all his life in many things , Fighting , detective work , art and make up so he can almost become anybody.

4. Has learned from the very best on how to use people to the fullest of their potential.

If I add it all up I say Batman can also happen , however.

I have to say he could never do it alone. He would need people in high places to cover his back , be it those at the bank , those at the very factory that makes his gear and also those whom live close and hear all sorts of things coming from his home.

It gets back to story line and what you expect to see.

Does he win over Gotham , save the people , put people to work and sooner or later Gotham is a part of the backbone that becomes the Dark Knight?

Do the people at his house his many staff people and the family of such support Bruce and his quest to rid Gotham of crime and sooner or later all the rest of the world.

So of the two the most believable is Superman because he comes from another galaxy , his race seen it, done it , and did it again.

They were like the best at looking at what they may need and they prepared for it and changed the science of ones self.

So after being all they could be , they went further and made the perfect killing machine.

Doomsday was born , killed and born again over and over and over.

What is life but a combination of cells that come together and can work as a team to form a better union.

If doomsday was not so uncontrollable, DarkSeid would have thought he was the Anti life force and sent him out to destroy the universe.

However he would be far to slow for such a thing.

So to wrap it all up put a bow on it and send it to grandma with cake , cookies and cheese.

Both can be done.

Next up......

Mighty Mouse...

Was a small rodent on board the ship that left Krypton and just how far did he go before somebody said..... Hmmmm omg that mouse just picked up that truck.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I said more believable than Batman I never once said he was realistic.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Perfect Man (From Old Money) vs. The Perfect Man (From Space)

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19:

And...how would you know this? You've NEVER been in space. You've never been to another planet. How do you know what kind of species could live out there and what they look like? And these variables, what exactly do you mean by that? Green skin? Gray skin with black eyes? Walking anthropomorphic animal-like aliens? Pretty much things we've invented for entertainment purposes like movies, comics, and TV series? We don't have a clue what they look like because we've been stuck here for like...ever. As for no real scientific evidence, I'm going to assume you mean on a public scale, because there is a reason why we aren't told certain things despite the fact that others have claimed to have seen those very things before they are discredited. And again, as an alien, he functions far different from us. He doesn't need a "method". I can understand if it was a human flying, but he isn't human. You say the possibility of his being realistic is against basic logical thinking and science without knowing how things work beyond Earth.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperAdam

The way I see it, Superman is more realistic.

We know that humans couldn't ever possibly do the things we see Batman do. (Dodge bullets, disarm criminals with a batarang, throw a batarang hard enough that it would actually do something. use the batmobile without ever getting into an accident or stuck in traffic, hide the batcave from everyone, hide the bat computer from the NSA, become a vigilante without being caught by the police, etc, etc, etc. Also the fact that Robin is a little kid and able to beat up hardened criminals, or Batgirl is a teenage girl and able to do the same thing. There is a little bit of an obvious strength difference between a little child or a teenage girl and a mob of grown, adult males.)

However, we don't know that aliens wouldn't be able to do the things Superman does. Is it highly unlikely? yes. Is it IMPOSSIBLE? we don't know.

That makes Superman more realistic than Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh this stupid thread again.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it, Superman is more realistic.

We know that humans couldn't ever possibly do the things we see Batman do. (Dodge bullets, disarm criminals with a batarang, throw a batarang hard enough that it would actually do something. use the batmobile without ever getting into an accident or stuck in traffic, hide the batcave from everyone, hide the bat computer from the NSA, become a vigilante without being caught by the police, etc, etc, etc. Also the fact that Robin is a little kid and able to beat up hardened criminals, or Batgirl is a teenage girl and able to do the same thing. There is a little bit of an obvious strength difference between a little child or a teenage girl and a mob of grown, adult males.)

However, we don't know that aliens wouldn't be able to do the things Superman does. Is it highly unlikely? yes. Is it IMPOSSIBLE? we don't know.

That makes Superman more realistic than Batman.

I was going to say obviously Batman then I read your post and now I wanna say Superman now lol

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Superguy1591

Neither is realistic, but Batman is more realistic because aliens don't exist--at least that we know of.

What I don't get is why Batman is better just because he's more plausible. Is that all that matters? Being a possibility? That's it? Their messages and personality don't matter; all that matters is that Batman could exist, even if it's not at a similar success rate?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humans you amaze me muhahahahaha err ooops

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By OrangeBat

Neither is particularly realistic.

Could aliens exist? Sure. Could an alien exist that breaks the laws of physics on a daily basis? Unlikely.

And that's what Superman is.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MuyJingo

I see some issues with your reasoning. Primarily that the things you consider to be the most likely to happen and the more realistic scenarios are just speculation, and not particularly more realistic. You then try and use a whole lot of unexplained phenomenon as evidence that aliens could exist. Or ghosts, for that matter.

I don't think it's is unrealistic for a traumatized teen with wealth and thin family and friends to travel the world and end training himself. It's only how far the premise is stretched that becomes a problem. Batman training to be a detective and martial artist isn't a problem. Batman having 20 PhD's is a problem.

As for aliens possibly existing? I completely agree with you that they could and perhaps do. But, just what are the chances of an alien species evolving to look exactly like humans, the the point where they can blend in without any issue? Convergent evolution would not produce something so precise. That I think is a bigger strain on credibility than anything Bruce has done on his way to becoming Batman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wasn't expecting the line of reasoning for Superman

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo:

Lol, ghosts!

No, but seriously, I see what you're saying. You believe that just because things are bizzare and unexplained that the idea of aliens being behind many of these events is a long stretch. While that is the case, you have to admit, it's not something that can be placed in the category of logic. Many strange events that have occurred over the centuries have little to no evidence at all. By human standards, there is almost always something left behind for study rather than speculation. But when it comes to the idea of there being life out there, there is often virtually no evidence at all and when there is, there really isn't much to go on.

Like I said, I believe he could actually know ALL of the intellect-based things he has in the comics in real life. It's called a "polymath". Leonardo Davinci is a notable example. Contrary to popular belief, he was MUCH MORE than an artist who now shares his name with a notable actor and a ninja turtle. Of course, these days, a polymath is found more commonly in sports. That being said, maybe it is possible for him to become a skilled, versatile martial artist, but I doubt he would learn as many as 127. I wonder if that includes dead/forbidden techniques. Because most forms of martial arts and hand-to-hand combat are the same, just renamed and slightly revamped. And yes, he could become a bit of a crime solver himself, but I imagine him getting help from someone more experienced as well as trustworthy (like Gordon).

I'm glad we're mostly on the same page, but like I said before, how do we know for sure what they really look like? I mean, on a public scale, for the most part, our idea of an alien is an anthropomorphic animal or a uniquely-built humanoid. These things exist only in our imaginations and (wildest) dreams as well as various forms of published fiction. We don't have the slightest clue what they really look like. Not a shred of DNA or evidence; at least not on a public scale. In fact, for all we know, aliens could very well be just like (or similar to) Superman. People who look like us, but have COMPLETELY different physiologies; enabling superior abilities. They'd probably only mutate into the forms we see in our various forms of fiction if they were exposed to OUR atmosphere if they aren't like Superman. We have NO clue what's out there aside from the planets themselves. I'll admit that some of Bruce's abilities and feats are realistic compared to Clark's physiology as a whole, but I don't think it's possible to learn everything he has in as little as ten years (he typically starts traveling, learning, and training in his early teens) or so, go through the amount of punishment he has during a career like his (armor or no armor) without being dead already (if he was really up against Justice League type villains, depending on who they are, he wouldn't last seven minutes), and constantly evade police vehicles with the batmobile despite the size of it. And what rational adult would allow young kids to fight by his side? It's ridiculous. Crazy. In real life, they'd be dead in literally less than a minute. And as superadam said, those kids, young Dick/Jason/Tim and teen Barbara, despite their skills, are way smaller and weaker than the full grown, hulking men they fight (with or without armor).

I'll admit that my claims on Superman's part are primarily speculation, but the very idea of aliens existing and possibly having physical advantages over us has been floating around MUCH longer than the idea of one man dressing up as a terrifying figure and assaulting punks, low-lives, and even non-human entities (Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Solomon Grundy, etc.) at night with the occasional assistance of youngling partners and a veteran soldier for a butler.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonian24:

Polymaths are not rare. Polymaths to the level of Bruce Wayne don't exist, but the concept is sound as long as it isn't nearly as exaggerated as it is in comics.

There is a HUGE flaw in your underlying reasoning though. You don't just jump from something unexplained to aliens. That's a crazy, unfounded leap in logic. Things that are unexplained, even things that seemingly defy what we know to be true, does not mean something supernatural or fantastical happened. It just means it is unexplained. That's it. Have you heard of Occam's razor?

There are far, far , far more likely explanations than aliens for every single 'unexplained' incident you could name. Your reasoning is dangerously close to that used on the show 'Ancient Aliens', which is a path best avoided, lest you wish to be derided.

I don't really see him learning 127 martial arts as a problem, in theory. Once he truly mastered say 10, I don't think it would be that hard to master devaitions, which is all most styles are. A deviation from an older style. I think it's unrealistic that he would even master 10 though...127 is a weird number to stick to, and I wish they wouldn't really.

As for your thoughts on aliens....it used to bug me when I was much younger, and scientists would talk about how some planets were more suitable for life than others etc. I mean, why are they not embracing the concept of something being completely and utterly alien! The reason is because, we are the only life in the universe we have to go by. Carbon based life forms, evolution, amino acids etc....that's all we have to go by.

And, well...that makes more sense to me now than it used to. Just look how incredibly rich and diverse life is on earth. It would be silly to disregard all of this data. And as far as Kryptonians, convergent evolution would h ave to come into play. But, that doesn't explain how Kryptonians would be so very identical to us (and we have seen enough of Krypton and Kryptonians to know that they are). While it is a possibility, it is extremely improbable.

Aliens could be living among us, but the onus is on you to provide proof for that claim. Good luck.

I agree with your underlying point about Superman though. One reason I prefer DC is because man heroes have their powers as a result of their alien physiology...as opposed to just being a mutant or getting dosed with radiation. But to try and argue Superman is more realistic than Batman? That's nonsense.

Do you think Superman is more realistic than The Shadow? Black Bat? Doc Savage? Kwai Chang Caine?

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo:

You once again impress me with your rebuttals.

However, I never said polymaths were rare. I was simply providing an example in Davinci and the fact that most of the modern polymaths I've observed were in sports; doing multiple things before settling on one. Maybe his knowing all of these things is a bit of a stretch, but he could still know a great many things.

I haven't heard of Occum's razor since my first year of high school, but I see what you are saying. But I wasn't making a jump. I was pointing out the fact that based on humanity's grip on all things logical, EVERYTHING has to have an explanation. As I have said before, a person can't just fall off the face of the earth. Odd phenomenon doesn't just HAPPEN out of the blue. Of course, maybe, even after all this time, we STILL don't completely understand how the physics of the world works.

I never said EVERY SINGLE unexplained event. Just certain ones. The Bermuda Triangle. Crop circles. People going missing without ever being found or knowing where they were. And like I said before, these things have happened all throughout history. As in, during times where you can't just create a fancy high-tech trick to fool someone into thinking tat something originated from the sky. BTW, I've heard of Ancient Aliens, but I never really watched it.

Well, I never said he couldn't learn that much. I just don't think he WOULD. At least, not with the time-frame he has often been given. It is impossible for a human being to master that many forms of combat in at least a decade, especially when Bruce also focuses on training his mind as well as his body. It would take part of a lifetime to master some of the things he has. 127 is pushing it in terms of how many he has learned, but I guess they want to make him more impressive so that he could stand on equal with his fellow heroes.

Indeed. All we have are each other and the things we know in life on a logically scientific level.

Well, the thing about Kryptonians are, even though they look like us, their physiologies are still quite different. I mean, we can't absorb solar rays. And yeah, we've got tons of data that harbors the secrets of our evolutionary chain. As for the true reason behind why they look like us, I believe that is a discussion in and of itself. I'd like to think there is more to how the universe was created than what we have grown up believing. Shoot, you and I could come up with a few good reasons for why they could pass for us. It may be improbable, but if there is one thing I learned in life, it's that even that which is the most improbable of things can (and sometimes WILL) happen.

Well, if professional ufologists can't prove it, I don't think I can either. Lol! Though I do believe that certain things in life can't be chalked up to something of earthly circumstance.

Agreed. Superman, in a sense, is a natural hero. I'm just saying that I find the possibility of life existing out there more believable than someone deciding to fight crime in such an extreme way without certain consequences happening. But, we may never know. By the way, have you heard of astrobiologists? Scientists who study the evolution, life, distribution, and origins of not just things here on Earth; but also out in the universe?

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, neither is plausible or really "realistic". Let's start with Superman, my favorite. I love Superman. It would be awesome if Superman was real. However, Superman breaks every convention of modern day physics. Superman isn't realistic. The attitude, maybe. The altruism is realistic. The idea. But that's where it ends.

Batman isn't realistic either. Spoiled rich kid's parents get killed. WOO! Now I have all this money AND no one can tell me what to do. But, for the sake of argument, let's pretend that a real life Bruce decided he wanted to be Batman. First off, he wouldn't have all of those toys. I'm sorry but some of his gadgets are as unrealistic as Superman. Second, Batman would be Batman for maybe one to two years. At best. I say this because someone who has Batman's bulk jumping around as much as he does would have HORRIBLE wear and tear on his body. I think that's the one thing that Dark Knight Rises really got right.

In the end, neither is realistic, but that isn't the point behind them. Point is to provide stories and give our youth heroes to aspire to.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo:

You once again impress me with your rebuttals.

Well, thanks. Kind of you to say :)

However, I never said polymaths were rare. I was simply providing an example in Davinci and the fact that most of the modern polymaths I've observed were in sports; doing multiple things before settling on one. Maybe his knowing all of these things is a bit of a stretch, but he could still know a great many things.

I took what you were saying as implying polymaths were rare. My bad.

I haven't heard of Occum's razor since my first year of high school, but I see what you are saying. But I wasn't making a jump. I was pointing out the fact that based on humanity's grip on all things logical, EVERYTHING has to have an explanation. As I have said before, a person can't just fall off the face of the earth. Odd phenomenon doesn't just HAPPEN out of the blue. Of course, maybe, even after all this time, we STILL don't completely understand how the physics of the world works.

We understand enough to know we should dismiss the unknown. I feel you made a jump as you jump over far more plausible explanations, straight to the idea of aliens being responsible.

I don't think you can name a single event for which there isn't a rational explanation, even if there may not be evidence or proof of exactly how something happened.

I never said EVERY SINGLE unexplained event. Just certain ones. The Bermuda Triangle. Crop circles. People going missing without ever being found or knowing where they were. And like I said before, these things have happened all throughout history. As in, during times where you can't just create a fancy high-tech trick to fool someone into thinking tat something originated from the sky. BTW, I've heard of Ancient Aliens, but I never really watched it.

Every single example you mentioned is not unknown, just hyped in the media. They are all understood and are not supernatural in any way.

Well, I never said he couldn't learn that much. I just don't think he WOULD. At least, not with the time-frame he has often been given. It is impossible for a human being to master that many forms of combat in at least a decade, especially when Bruce also focuses on training his mind as well as his body. It would take part of a lifetime to master some of the things he has. 127 is pushing it in terms of how many he has learned, but I guess they want to make him more impressive so that he could stand on equal with his fellow heroes.

I agree 127 is pushing it, but it's easier to suspend disbelieve when that number can be trimmed down to maybe 20 when you discount variations of styles.

Whether or not he would learn those things, he could, which means it isn't more unrealistic than a humanoid alien who can freeze people with his breath who works as a newspaper reporter.

Well, the thing about Kryptonians are, even though they look like us, their physiologies are still quite different. I mean, we can't absorb solar rays. And yeah, we've got tons of data that harbors the secrets of our evolutionary chain. As for the true reason behind why they look like us, I believe that is a discussion in and of itself. I'd like to think there is more to how the universe was created than what we have grown up believing. Shoot, you and I could come up with a few good reasons for why they could pass for us. It may be improbable, but if there is one thing I learned in life, it's that even that which is the most improbable of things can (and sometimes WILL) happen.

That's all well and good that you have theories to make superman seem more plausible. The concept of an alien who resembles us almost identically externally is still more unrealistic than a man who trained himself to be a master martial artist and expert across many disciplines.

The only way it isn't is if you go the Star Trek route, and have all alien life have a common ancestor. That isn't the case for Kryptonians and Humans.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

Lol neither but if we talking about who seems more plausible it’s obviously Batman. I mean seriously do people actually think Superman is more believable? Do people actually think aliens could break the sound barrier? Move faster than light? Destroy planets with their fist? Move planets around? Fly and defy gravity? Cross universes?

I mean come up people

Batman isn’t realistic like at all but honestly if someone had the money and had a crazy genetic make up I could see it happening for a year......... if they used guns otherwise they die bc in real life you can’t fight gangs without guns.

EmoPeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol neither but if we talking about who seems more plausible it’s obviously Batman. I mean seriously do people actually think Superman is more believable? Do people actually think aliens could break the sound barrier? Move faster than light? Destroy planets with their fist? Move planets around? Fly and defy gravity? Cross universes?

I mean come up people

Batman isn’t realistic like at all but honestly if someone had the money and had a crazy genetic make up I could see it happening for a year......... if they used guns otherwise they die bc in real life you can’t fight gangs without guns.

Superman is possible. It's a big universe out there and it is very possible that there are extraterrestrial civilisations out there that are far more advanced than we are. It could happen and we can't really put a probability on it because we don't really know that much about the universe.

Batman, however, is supposed to be a human being, that isn't under any enhancement drugs, that managed to get to a physical level that far surpasses even the strongest most juiced up humans that have ever walked this earth in less than 10 years.

The world record for the heaviest weight to be lifted off the ground is, now (congrats Hafthor), 501kg. Bruce casually bench presses a weight not too far off this for reps. He bench presses it. Let that sink in.

That isn't even the craziest part. Somehow, in less than 10 years, he also managed to master virtually all martial arts, whilst also becoming an Olympic level gymnast and an expert in criminology and pretty proficient at a number of other fields. All of this whilst just so happening to be incredibly rich, with the best genetics a person could possibly have in every aspect and also happening to have a moment that has continued to motivate him since he was 12.

This is impossible. The possibility of this happening is virtually zero.

Superman is, by default, more realistic because we can't accurately put a probability on it. We can, however, put a probability on Batman because he is a human being and involves parameters than we are familiar with. And that probability is virtually zero.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@emopeter: super man isnt at all possible And saying it’s a big universe doesn’t mean much. I mean you do you really believe aliens that can fly faster than light, breathe in space or move planets actually can exist? Such a being would actually break all of physics and nature to even exist.

i firmly believe if such beings actually existed they would of came to earth by now.

Aliens may do exist yes but mark my words there will never be a alien that legitimately breaks physics at the same scale as Superman.

at best aliens will be slightly superior to humans not in stats probably but most definitely in brain power.

so Superman isn’t at all realistic

EmoPeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emopeter: super man isnt at all possible And saying it’s a big universe doesn’t mean much. I mean you do you really believe aliens that can fly faster than light, breathe in space or move planets actually can exist? Such a being would actually break all of physics and nature to even exist.

i firmly believe if such beings actually existed they would of came to earth by now.

Aliens may do exist yes but mark my words there will never be a alien that legitimately breaks physics at the same scale as Superman.

at best aliens will be slightly superior to humans not in stats probably but most definitely in brain power.

so Superman isn’t at all realistic

I agree with you there. There are aspects to Superman that are very unlikely to ever be seen in the real world. However, you cannot accurately make a claim that aliens will only be slightly superior to humans on the basis of them not visiting earth. In the grand scheme of things, we are nothing - they may not even care about us. They may see us as primitive beings and not bother.

There are too many factors at play to say that.

Batman's superhuman like abilities are so central to his character though. He has to have all those qualities for most of his stories. Superman doesn't have to fly faster than the speed of light or be able to breathe in space (he could just hold his breath) or be strong enough to shift planets. He just has to have his general powers and be vastly superior to humans and he could still be fine for most of his comics.

Superman's power levels fluctuate so much, but Batman is always shown as someone who is completely unrealistic for a human.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emopeter: However, you cannot accurately make a claim that aliens will only be slightly superior to humans on the basis of them not visiting earth. In the grand scheme of things, we are nothing - they may not even care about us. They may see us as primitive beings and not bother.

eh I disagree. Im not basing aliens intelligence off anything I said in that post.

what I am basing their intelligence off is nature itself. There is a give and pull to everything So It would go against nature itself for aliens to that much smarter than humans Especially to the point where they see us as primitive beings lol.

even if such a thing was possible their bodies would have to be frailer Than humans because our bodies became weaker as we grew smarter.

so like I said before there is a give and take. If aliens are that smart( which I honestly don’t believe) then their bodies would have to be way weaker than humans.

now there is a second case where aliens aren’t necessary smarter but just have more info than us. But if that’s the case I’m sure they would of acknowledge our intelligence By now at least.

Batman's superhuman like abilities are so central to his character though. He has to have all those qualities for most of his stories. Superman doesn't have to fly faster than the speed of light or be able to breathe in space (he could just hold his breath) or be strong enough to shift planets. He just has to have his general powers and be vastly superior to humans and he could still be fine for most of his comics.

Superman's power levels fluctuate so much, but Batman is always shown as someone who is completely unrealistic for a human.

you do realize same can be said for Superman tho? Heat vision? Frost breath? The ability to fly in general? His ability to move super fast? None of the aspects of Superman are even close to realistic.

there are aspects of Batman that are certainly unrealistic however some of Batman gadgets are actually plausible unlike anything about Superman

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and this is not even close.

EmoPeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'due to nature.'

My point, condensed, is simply that Superman, although not at first glance, is more possible (especially with a lot of his recent power levels) than a Batman.

The fact that Batman is said to be a human being with no enhancements makes his situation virtually impossible.

The unknown aspect of Superman means that we cannot accurately call him impossible. There are too many unknowns.

The frailer smarter argument is tenuous as it relies on the premise that conditions on another planet would result in a similar chronology of evolution as we observe on Earth.

Batman is downright impossible. There is no question about it. 90% of what he does could never be replicated by a human that isn't enhanced.

Superman is possible, since we don't know what life of other planets could behold.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@emopeter:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'due to nature.'

i already basically explained it. The more smarter we become the frailer our bodies become.

My point, condensed, is simply that Superman, although not at first glance, is more possible (especially with a lot of his recent power levels) than a Batman.

there is nothing about Superman that is possible.

The fact that Batman is said to be a human being with no enhancements makes his situation virtually impossible.

The unknown aspect of Superman means that we cannot accurately call him impossible. There are too many unknowns.

no we can accurately call him impossible. This isn’t about too many unknown factors we already know how physics work.

Physics dictate it’s impossible to fly with out wings, it’s impossible to shoot lasers out of your eyes, it’s impossible to freeze things with your mouth, and it’s impossible to have x ray vision. like I said nothing about Superman is actually possible. In order for Superman to be possible he would have to break physics and nature itself to exist.

The frailer smarter argument is tenuous as it relies on the premise that conditions on another planet would result in a similar chronology of evolution as we observe on Earth.

interesting but why would it not? Why assume that it works differently? I don’t think it being a different planet is a plausible argument after all the only planets that may or may not have life on it is planets that are similar to earth.

if alien life worked differently then let me ask do you think those aliens were born as smart as they were? I don’t think it’s right to assume aliens were born smart and Adversity against animals made humans evolved so the same should also apply to aliens.

if aliens didn’t face that adversity they also would of never got smarter.

Batman is downright impossible. There is no question about it. 90% of what he does could never be replicated by a human that isn't enhanced.

Superman is possible, since we don't know what life of other planets could behold.

well let me tell you again. Nothing about super is possible. it isn’t a argument about whether something is possible no you would have to break up physics as we know it to exist.

the idea that a being can just gain powers like frost breath or x ray vision just because they absorb solar energy is ridiculous in it self.

EmoPeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: I agree that a lot of powers Superman possesses would be impossible and goes against the laws of physics.

I guess if we isolated this to the original superman who was confined to being able to leap large distances, run fast and lift a lot, it becomes more feasible.

But I guess if you do that, you need to do the same with Batman, who was also a lot less OP and unrealistic back then.

I concede that Superman as we know him is unrealistic. But so is Batman.They are both impossible.

As for your nature argument - I disagree with that notion.

There is no clear scientific evidence to suggest that an increase in intelligence has to accompany increased frailty. That seems to be more of a correlation and not a causation.