superman stongest feat ever

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@stupid1: Yeah, that's just idiotic. It's the best strength feat he has.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Yeah, that's just idiotic. It's the best strength feat he has.

What do you think is his best speed feat?

I know in flash rebirth; Barry said something like 'all those races were for charity' - However Barry only ever raced pre crisis Superman as he died in COIE and never met the reboot Kal-el

Does this mean all pre-crisis feats are open to post crisis Supes

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By hulksmash134

@stupid1: You really do live up to your name don't you "Stupid1", the book could have been infinitely small, which would explain why the book didn't take up an infinite amount of space. Or each page could weigh half as much as the page before, so let's say the first page weighs 1 gram, the second 0.5g, and the thord 0.25, and so on. The whole book will only weigh 2 grams. Not to mention they didn't even lift it, it was around a blue sphere which they didn't move.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: I know he was weakened, but it doesn't say that he tanked the explosion it only the electromagnetic shockwaves, it even shows him being hit by the electromagnetic shock waves. It doesn't say anything about him tanking the explosion.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: How am I dense? It doesn't say that he tanked the explosion, it only says the electromagnetic shockwave cam rushing towards him at the speed of light. It doesn't say "the explosion hit him," or "he tanked the explosion" or "after being hit by the explosion he still survived".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: You really do live up to your name don't you "Stupid1", the book could have been infinitely small, which would explain why the book didn't take up an infinite amount of space. Or each page could weigh half as much as the page before, so let's say the first page weighs 1 gram, the second 0.5g, and the thord 0.25, and so on. The whole book will only weigh 2 grams. Not to mention they didn't even lift it, it was around a blue sphere which they didn't move.

Good god man, have you got your hat on too tight

What in the name of Zeus' beard are you driveling about now

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Superman's best speed feat in new 52 was travelling from the end of the universe back to Earth in 60 days, which is 274 billion times the speed of light. His speed doesn't compare to the flash though.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: How an infinite book doesn't have to weigh infiity

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: I just explained it to you, whether u agree to accept it or not is up to you, but it makes sense. It may not make sense to you...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: I just explained it to you, whether u agree to accept it or not is up to you, but it makes sense. It may not make sense to you...

No-one has to accept something that you have made up

Morrison assumed (wrongly in your case) that readers would be smart enough to figure out what was implied by the feat

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: FFS, my point was that a book with infinite pages doesnt have to weigh infinity, and i explained why, u just deny it. Superman didn't even lift it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: FFS, my point was that a book with infinite pages doesnt have to weigh infinity, and i explained why, u just deny it. Superman didn't even lift it.

You have explained nothing

You've only given an autistic rational to discount a feat that you do not like

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: It's not a feat, he didn't accomplish anything

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134: It doesn't have to specifically tell you that the explosion hit him for it to have happened. It did happen, and I've explained that to you. You're dense because you're not getting that. Superman's best speed feat was Pre-Crisis, surpassing infinite speed. But I've been over that with you and you're in denial about that as well. I've done the math for the New 52 feat already, which is above. Forgive me if I'm hesitant to trust yours given your initial attempt.

You don't know what you're talking about at all when it comes to the book of infinite pages. Your argument is "the book could have been infinitely small, which would explain why the book didn't take up an infinite amount of space. Or each page could weigh half as much as the page before, so let's say the first page weighs 1 gram, the second 0.5g, and the thord 0.25, and so on. The whole book will only weigh 2 grams. Not to mention they didn't even lift it, it was around a blue sphere which they didn't move."

This is all bullshit and irrelevant based on the fact that you say "the book could have been". You're reaching and saying something that was never mentioned. You're literally fabricating things to better your argument. They did pick up the book, it's how they read it. Superman could have done is by himself, as Ultraman was capable of doing so. The evidence is stacked against you in all cases, and you simply deny it. The book had an infinite weight because it had infinite pages.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hulksmash134

@mercinwithamouth: Can you show them the scan of them picking up the book? Yea i said the book could have been , so it doesn't have to weight infinity, also if ultraman read to the end then it must be finite. And they failed to lift the book, they didn't move it, regardless of whether it is infinite or not. How do u explain it not taking an infinite amount of space? It would make sense if it was infinitely small, and it was in a blue sphere where gravity wasn't present, all they did was touch that blue sphere, they didn't really move it. I'm not saying the book was 2 grams, i was just pointing out how the book could weigh 2 grams altogether and it doesn't have to weigh infinity.

Also how did Silver age superman go faster than infinity, he would need like infinite solar energy, even prime one million can't go infinitely fast. So according to u all kryptonians of the silver age can go infinitely fast? That's what u said didnt u?

The infinite book thing wasn't even meant to be like a feat, it was mainly to move the story on, superman fanboys just like to wank over those sorts of things.

And no i'm not dense...

Also I didn't work it out, I took it from the Imaginary Axis's video. It's 274 billion, not 288 like u stated previously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: It's not a feat, he didn't accomplish anything

Lifting unlimited weight isn't an accomplishment? Still I suppose the Hulk has done more right?

Also, saying that Ultraman had read to the end, therefore the book is finite is wrong too. This again is part of the subtext - Ultraman 'says' he has read to the end & evil wins. Except evil didn't win in the end, did it? Therefore his reading to the end is also not true

I was talking to a friend of mine about how films now are so dumb and leave nothing for the audience to piece together themselves - It seems you are the reason for this (yes, just you)

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By hulksmash134

@stupid1: Like I said they didn't even move the book,so yea, big failure. So ultraman didn't read to the end? Yea but is it the end yet? No, so evil could still win. Show me the scan of him lifting the so called infinite book

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/can-superman-really-lift-infinity-1720005/

All guideboks say that Superman has limits as well. If superman lifted infinite weight then he woudn't fail to stop a moon along with the help of 11 other kryptonians.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Like I said they didn't even move the book,so yea, big failure. So ultraman didn't read to the end? Yea but is it the end yet? No, so evil could still win. Show me the scan of him lifting the so called infinite book

Hi Hulksmash, this is me totally not lifting the book for all to see
Hi Hulksmash, this is me totally not lifting the book for all to see
hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hulksmash134

@stupid1: Yea, about that, it's surrounded by that blue sphere that negates all the gravity that's surrounding the book, like it was in the other comic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Yea, about that, it's surrounded by that blue sphere that negates all the gravity that's surrounding the book, like it was in the other comic.

Of course it was

Do you wear a helmet to ride the bus?

renchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

User Lists: 10

@stupid1: Quit insulting the other user.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: No, but the blue sphere would negate he gravity, if it truly weighed infinite then he would sink through the planet along with the book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134 said:

@stupid1: No, but the blue sphere would negate he gravity, if it truly weighed infinite then he would sink through the planet along with the book.

Again, this is what you are making up, there is nothing to back up what you are saying

In fact - your turn now, show some scans to what this comment; about the blue sphere and your previous comments have alluded to

Take your time - I won't hold my breath

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: You see in the comic with him and Shazam, when they try to move it. The book is in blue sphere, and we can suppose it weighs infinity, if it did then it would sink though the planet right to the core, because it's so heavy. The only possible explanation is that it is in some sort of forcefield ie the blue sphere which must be negating the gravity to make it float in the air. Otherwise an infinitely heavy book doesn't just float it would sink to the core of the planet, since there was gravity on the planet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134:

The book is held in the library of limbo, all the pages occupy the same space at the same time, the 'blue sphere' holds this abstract construct in place, like a shelf does a normal book.

If it weighed nothing, then it wouldn't have taken considerable effort for those involved to move it

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By toptom

@hulksmash134:

I think youre trying to discredit this from an issue (Action Comics 847) that makes it pretty clear. Superman flew inside the Sun Eater, his powers were evaporating fast from the red sun radiation, Superman was caught in a blast 50 times the size of Kepler's Supernova and that the wave of radiation following the initial wave of force would incinerate Clark. This is it how it goes,step by step. It is very clear in the issue that Superman is inside of the sun eater when it blows up, he was close to the entropy bomb and he was caught inside the blast which had obviously a huge range. This is one of the best durability feats for Superman but another high end feat as impressive as this one is the one in which he could survive to a double punch from a being with the power of all creation in justice league heaven's ladder. He survived to being double-punched from God basically. Care to discredit even that one?

Plus regarding the book with an infinite number of pages:

1- it had to weight something since Superman and Shazam where struggling to lift it.

2- The blue sphere was negathing the gravity inside the blue sphere but they were lifting the book along with it. Even Ultraman managed to do the same despite he was alone.

Now i don't think that we should give this feats too much credit since Superman has struggled many times in moving objects smaller than a planet and he was damaged by many explosions which weren't on this galactic level but we can't deny the fact this feats have happened; you can call them pis if you want but you can't pretend he didn't accomplish them. Still even if you don't count this feats, pre-52 Superman was around earth-moving in strenght, much more than capable to survive a planetary level explosion, able to think and react at super speed to the point he could see a ray beam moving in slow motion ecc...he doesn't need this particular two feats to be considered super at all.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: It definitely weighs something, but if it weighed infinite it would just sink through the planet, which it clearly didn't do @toptom I'm not saying superman is slow, my point is that he's not infinitely fast, and some people are faster than him like the flash.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: It definitely weighs something, but if it weighed infinite it would just sink through the planet, which it clearly didn't do @toptom I'm not saying superman is slow, my point is that he's not infinitely fast, and some people are faster than him like the flash.

Morning friend (or evening, depending on time zone)

Physics in comics & films don't work like they do in reality - mainly as it would be boring, for example Cap. holding the helicopter down in the civil war movie, whereas in reality he would have just done a pull-up

The book was called 'Final' crisis, which was a lofty goal for books that are ongoing, but usually the hero(s) of most tales are usually at their most powerful during the final act, hence Supes doing something like this. Then afterward would have been a good reset or reboot point

I can see we are not going to agree on this subject, I believe the comic is quite clear in it's intent, but if you do not then that is fine

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Physics does normally work the same way, Captain America had to be as strong as 10 men to accomplish that feat, and guess what Captain America is... there's nothing wrong with that scene. Physics in comics are the same as in reality, in comics they have gravity, friction and all that, and if they do have gravity then an infinitely heavy book would definitely sink through the planet, not to mention that in the scan of superman and shazam, they didn't even move it. The book of infinite pages is meant to be a hyperbole. And Ultraman did read to the end of it, so it must be finite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Physics does normally work the same way, Captain America had to be as strong as 10 men to accomplish that feat, and guess what Captain America is... there's nothing wrong with that scene. Physics in comics are the same as in reality, in comics they have gravity, friction and all that, and if they do have gravity then an infinitely heavy book would definitely sink through the planet, not to mention that in the scan of superman and shazam, they didn't even move it. The book of infinite pages is meant to be a hyperbole. And Ultraman did read to the end of it, so it must be finite

Hahahaahahahahahaha

Ok mate

I'm off

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1:

@stupid1 said:
@hulksmash134 said:

Hahahaahahahahahaha

Ok mate

I'm off

I don't get it...

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Opening a jar.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just read Silver Age Superman he has the most over the top feats too many to list.

From Blowing out a Sun to blowing a Sun towards a enemy.Pulling multiply Planets.Blowing out a solar system.

He moves so fast he bend time an space breaking all the barriers until he almost reach in heaven until spectre stop him.

Using Telepathy. He can absorb Magic. Just tons of stuff.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134: The book isn't finite, as it's stated several times to contain infinite pages. By lifting it, they're reading it. Ultraman did the same thing. Superman says to Shazam "If anyone can help me lift a book with an infinite number of pages, you can." Saying Ultraman reading the "last chapter" (likely meaning of their story, just as Superman and Shazam learned of the Over-Void through lifting the book) is irrelevant, as the book is still filled with infinite other writings. If anything here could be considered hyperbole, it's what Ultraman said. That fact that you're questioning this makes me question whether or not you've even read the scans.

As for New 52 Superman's speed feat, it's still close enough to what I got. He may have simply gotten his basis somewhere else. I gave you all of the information for the calculation in that comment, and based off of that the calculation is sound.

At this point, I don't even think it's denial. I think you're arguing to argue. The difference in that calculation is ultimately negligible.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By hulksmash134

The book being stated to have infinite pages is a hyperbole, and the blue sphere was negating the gravity. If superman was infinitely strong, then 12 kryptonians wouldn't fail to stop an incoming moon, he would have needed MM's and WW's help to move the earth. If superman has infinite strength then so should every other kryptonian.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@hulksmash134: I don't think you understand what hyperbole is or when the word is applicable. The fact that they say it has infinite pages multiple times is a testament to it NOT being hyperbole. They even say it has every book possible. Now you're complaining that this feat isn't consistent with other showings? Feats are often inconsistent, that's why they're feats. You could do the same for pretty much any character. Put the shovel down, your hole is deep enough. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, but I'm not surprised because it's you.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#90  Edited By termiteone4ever

@tensor said:

Just read Silver Age Superman he has the most over the top feats too many to list.

From Blowing out a Sun to blowing a Sun towards a enemy.Pulling multiply Planets.Blowing out a solar system.

He moves so fast he bend time an space breaking all the barriers until he almost reach in heaven until spectre stop him.

Using Telepathy. He can absorb Magic. Just tons of stuff.

You forgot flying so fast almost destroyed reality

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By hulksmash134

@mercinwithamouth said:

@hulksmash134: I don't think you understand what hyperbole is or when the word is applicable. The fact that they say it has infinite pages multiple times is a testament to it NOT being hyperbole. They even say it has every book possible. Now you're complaining that this feat isn't consistent with other showings? Feats are often inconsistent, that's why they're feats. You could do the same for pretty much any character. Put the shovel down, your hole is deep enough. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, but I'm not surprised because it's you.

Every book possible is a finite number, it said it had every book in the multiverse, when at a time when there were only 52.

"Now you're complaining that this feat isn't consistent with other showings? Feats are often inconsistent, that's why they're feats. You could do the same for pretty much any character."

No you couldn't... ur just saying that to back up superma, feats aren't supposed to be inconsistent.

If Superman really is infinitely strong, then that means, so is Shazam, and Supergirl, and Jor-El, and Superboy and every other Kryptonian.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/has-superman-ever-not-been-able-to-lift-something-1693518/

Homifred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman tanked a big bang and destroyed an object that was in the middle of it.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He have a multi galactic durability, but for strength nothing surpasses even galaxy level

Homifred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To destroy something that withstood the Big Bang, you would have to be that strong.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134:

@mercinwithamouth said:

Every book possible is a finite number, it said it had every book in the multiverse, when at a time when there were only 52.

"Now you're complaining that this feat isn't consistent with other showings? Feats are often inconsistent, that's why they're feats. You could do the same for pretty much any character."

No you couldn't... ur just saying that to back up superma, feats aren't supposed to be inconsistent.

If Superman really is infinitely strong, then that means, so is Shazam, and Supergirl, and Jor-El, and Superboy and every other Kryptonian.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/has-superman-ever-not-been-able-to-lift-something-1693518/

"Every book possible is a finite number, it said it had every book in the multiverse, when at a time when there were only 52."

No, read the scan. They said it has every book possible, which isn't finite. The fact that you think that it is finite shows how ignorant you are. Your reaching is intense.

No Caption Provided

"No you couldn't... ur just saying that to back up superma, feats aren't supposed to be inconsistent."

Yes, you could. It's not to back Superman, it's to show you how awful your thinking is. That's literally true for any character with an impressive feat. Feats are often considered impressive because it's not consistent, otherwise it wouldn't be called a feat because it would be them doing what they do. You're just making yourself look stupid.

"If Superman really is infinitely strong, then that means, so is Shazam, and Supergirl, and Jor-El, and Superboy and every other Kryptonian."

Well.. yes. Superman is stronger than these characters but they should have the potential to do the same thing. I'm no so sure about Shazam, because Ultraman lifting it by himself is a testament to Superman being able to do the same. Then you have Superman's Spectre feat.

You're trying really hard to debunk this. You won't.

No Caption Provided
hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: Every book possible is a finite number, they didn't even lift the book at the end...

"yes, you could. It's not to back Superman, it's to show you how awful your thinking is. That's literally true for any character with an impressive feat. Feats are often considered impressive because it's not consistent, otherwise it wouldn't be called a feat because it would be them doing what they do. You're just making yourself look stupid."

u haven't even given an example, no other character really has contradicting feats, if every other kryptonian is infinitely strong, then they wouldn't have failed to stop the moon. until u explain that... it proves that he is not infinitely strong.

SPECTRE?

Don't even get me started on that b*llshit, that's a lot easier to debunk...

Ur love superman too great, I don't hate him or anything. Feats can be inconsistent, but they can;t contradict each other, give an example of another character.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN LIFT THE BOOK........ THEY DIDN'T MOVE IT....

u have the wrong idea of a feat.

if it was infinitely small it would explain how they all occupy the same space...

Superman should also have potential, he can't just start off infinite.

and obviously, there's that blue sphere

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: Every book possible is a finite number, they didn't even lift the book at the end...

"yes, you could. It's not to back Superman, it's to show you how awful your thinking is. That's literally true for any character with an impressive feat. Feats are often considered impressive because it's not consistent, otherwise it wouldn't be called a feat because it would be them doing what they do. You're just making yourself look stupid."

u haven't even given an example, no other character really has contradicting feats, if every other kryptonian is infinitely strong, then they wouldn't have failed to stop the moon. until u explain that... it proves that he is not infinitely strong.

SPECTRE?

Ur love superman too great, I don't hate him or anything. Feats can be inconsistent, but they can;t contradict each other, give an example of another character.

if it was infinitely small it would explain how they all occupy the same space...

"Every book possible is a finite number, they didn't even lift the book at the end..."

They did lift it, because they were able to read it, that's how it works. Every book possible is not a finite number. Saying otherwise is blatant stupidity. Explain how it's a finite number or concede.

"u haven't even given an example, no other character really has contradicting feats, if every other kryptonian is infinitely strong, then they wouldn't have failed to stop the moon. until u explain that... it proves that he is not infinitely strong."

I didn't know I had to! I explained the logic, that's all you should really need. It's applicable to any character with an impressive feat.Any Flash feat where he has shown very impressive speed should be disregarded according to you. Any Hulk feat where he has shown very impressive strength should be disregarded according to you. The same goes for any character with an impressive feat. Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Thor, anyone.

"Ur love superman too great, I don't hate him or anything. Feats can be inconsistent, but they can;t contradict each other, give an example of another character."

There's a difference between loving a character and arguing over dumb shit you say. If a feat is inconsistent, it contradicts other showings. Use. Your. Brain.

"
SPECTRE?

Don't even get me started on that b*llshit, that's a lot easier to debunk..."

I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. It's probably the same thing everyone else says.

"Eternity is a measurement of time, not weight! So based on that, I think this is debunked!" This is irrelevant, as this word is being used as an adjective for describing a weight in this case. If someone weighed infinity, lifting ANY part of their body would be lifting infinite weight.

"THEY DIDN'T EVEN LIFT THE BOOK........ THEY DIDN'T MOVE IT...."

Again, they did lift it. That's how they were able to read it. There was never mention of them not lifting it either.

"u have the wrong idea of a feat.

and obviously, there's that blue sphere"

No I don't, you're simply confused.

You're trying to explain something that isn't known. You're saying "if it was" but that doesn't hold up in an argument.

Except Superman has started off there on more than one occasion.

Not sure why you keep bringing that up. Was it mentioned to negate the gravity of it or are you simply fabricating that as well?

Stop reaching.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134 said:

SPECTRE?

"Every book possible is a finite number, they didn't even lift the book at the end..."

They did lift it, because they were able to read it, that's how it works. Every book possible is not a finite number. Saying otherwise is blatant stupidity. Explain how it's a finite number or concede.

"u haven't even given an example, no other character really has contradicting feats, if every other kryptonian is infinitely strong, then they wouldn't have failed to stop the moon. until u explain that... it proves that he is not infinitely strong."

I didn't know I had to! I explained the logic, that's all you should really need. It's applicable to any character with an impressive feat."Ur love superman too great, I don't hate him or anything. Feats can be inconsistent, but they can;t contradict each other, give an example of another character."

Any Flash feat where he has shown very impressive speed should be disregarded according to you. Any Hulk feat where he has shown very impressive strength should be disregarded according to you. The same goes for any character with an impressive feat. Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Thor, anyone.

There's a difference between loving a character and arguing over dumb shit you say. If a feat is inconsistent, it contradicts other showings. Use. Your. Brain.

"

SPECTRE?

Don't even get me started on that b*llshit, that's a lot easier to debunk..."

I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. It's probably the same thing everyone else says.

"Eternity is a measurement of time, not weight! So based on that, I think this is debunked!" This is irrelevant, as this word is being used as an adjective for describing a weight in this case. If someone weighed infinity, lifting ANY part of their body would be lifting infinite weight.

"THEY DIDN'T EVEN LIFT THE BOOK........ THEY DIDN'T MOVE IT...."

Again, they did lift it. That's how they were able to read it. There was never mention of them not lifting it either.

"u have the wrong idea of a feat.

and obviously, there's that blue sphere"

No I don't, you're simply confused.

You're trying to explain something that isn't known. You're saying "if it was" but that doesn't hold up in an argument.

Except Superman has started off there on more than one occasion.

Not sure why you keep bringing that up. Was it mentioned to negate the gravity of it or are you simply fabricating that as well?

Stop reaching.

what so superman can start off infinite, but none of the other kryptonians. I said that no other characters have feats that contradict each other, superman does, explain that. For example, the Hulk's strength is potentially limitless, meaning at some point he can lift something, at another point he can't. Superman according to you starts off infinite, so that means he would have been able to stop the moon. Superman's feats contradict each other. Spectre doesn't weigh infinity, it said he was made up of eternity. if it weighed infninty it would sink through planet, like i said, but it was hovering. It probably weighed something, less than the earth i'd assume as it took 3 justice league members to move that.

Superman states "A book with an infinite number of pages occupying the same space"," this contains every book possible!".

Superman and Shazam attempt to take the book to a spaceship

Superman "The Ultima Thule's onboard computer has infinite memory capacity"

Shazam "Which means it could read every page of the book at once.".

When attempting to move the book pages start falling out and they drop it. The book reads itself.

Every book possible is a finite number of books, not an infinite number of books. There is no context to the weight. On our own Earth (Earth 1 in the DCU) we are moving away from printed content to digital content. It's safe to assume that is the case in other (theoretical) multiverses.

In an attempt to show some context we can try to determine the weight of all the books on Earth.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/05/number-of-books-in-the-world/

How many books have ever been published in all of modern history? According to Google's advanced algorithms, the answer is nearly 130 million books, or 129,864,880, to be exact.

All the books possible on Earth is 130 million books. How much does an average book weigh?

http://avgpostageweights.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/average-weight-of-paperback-book.html

The heaviest paperback weights 1lb 5oz = 0.60kg

The heaviest hardback weights 1lb 15oz = 0.88kg

If we say all the books in the World have the weight of the heaviest hardback that means they were lifting 114400000 kg or 114,400 tonnes (0.88 x 130 million).

IF we say there are a million copies of every book ever published that's 114,400 x 1,000,000 = 114400000000 or one hundred fourteen billion four hundred million tonnes.

If we say there are a million copies of every book ever published in 52 multiverses that's 114400000000 x 52 = 5.9488e+12 = five billion ninety-four million eight hundred eighty thousand twelve or 5.9488 trillion tonnes.

http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/number_spell_words/

Still considerably less than the weight of the Earth - 6.580 sextillion tons.

• If Superman could lift infinite weight he would not have needed the help of Wonder Woman and Kyle Rayner to lift Spectre (JLA The Spectre Soul War 1)
  • If Superman could lift infinite weight he would not have needed the help of Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Kyle Rayner to move the Earth (JLA 75)
  • If Superman could lift infinite weight he would not have needed to sun-dip in order to move Warworld (Action Comics 782)
  • Spectre was heavier than the book as it took three Justice League members to move him
  • The Earth was also heavier than the book and Spectre as it took four Justice League members to move him

Therefore Superman did not lift infinite weight.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"what so superman can start off infinite, but none of the other kryptonians."

I already told you they should have the potential to, given the fact that Superman has done it twice.

"I said that no other characters have feats that contradict each other, superman does, explain that. For example, the Hulk's strength is potentially limitless, meaning at some point he can lift something, at another point he can't. Superman according to you starts off infinite, so that means he would have been able to stop the moon."

According to me, he CAN start off there if he really needs to. Superman's strength has been described as limitless as well, but he holds back. The feat is inconsistent, but it is a feat nonetheless. It happened. I think this is a matter of you getting over it, just like the Silver Age speed feat.

Superman's feats contradict each other.

See above.

"and Spectre doesn't weigh infinity, it said he was made up of eternity. if it weighed infninty it would sink through planet, like i said, but it was hovering. It probably weighed something, less than the earth i'd assume as it took 3 justice league members to move that."

This is you trying to debunk it with "if he weighed that much he would have sank through the planet!" I think you're looking too much into this. I've already explained this feat to you as well. It says that his consciousness contains eternity itself and that eternity is heavy. It's used to describe itself as a weight, which is logically infinite. It isn't that hard to understand. It seems like you're literally trying your best to disregard it and the other feat because you don't like them.

Superman states "A book with an infinite number of pages occupying the same space"," this contains every book possible!".

Superman and Shazam attempt to take the book to a spaceship

Superman "The Ultima Thule's onboard computer has infinite memory capacity"

Shazam "Which means it could read every page of the book at once.".

When attempting to move the book pages start falling out and they drop it. The book reads itself.

Not quite. Superman and Shazam pick it up, which allows them to read it. Superman even says they're reading it. Ultraman does it by himself, which is a testament to Superman being capable of doing it alone. You're saying Ultraman is stronger than Shazam and Superman combined, which we know isn't true.

Every book possible is a finite number of books, not an infinite number of books. There is no context to the weight. On our own Earth (Earth 1 in the DCU) we are moving away from printed content to digital content. It's safe to assume that is the case in other (theoretical) multiverses.

In an attempt to show some context we can try to determine the weight of all the books on Earth.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/05/number-of-books-in-the-world/

How many books have ever been published in all of modern history? According to Google's advanced algorithms, the answer is nearly 130 million books, or 129,864,880, to be exact.

All the books possible on Earth is 130 million books. How much does an average book weigh?

http://avgpostageweights.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/average-weight-of-paperback-book.html

The heaviest paperback weights 1lb 5oz = 0.60kg

The heaviest hardback weights 1lb 15oz = 0.88kg

If we say all the books in the World have the weight of the heaviest hardback that means they were lifting 114400000 kg or 114,400 tonnes (0.88 x 130 million).

IF we say there are a million copies of every book ever published that's 114,400 x 1,000,000 = 114400000000 or one hundred fourteen billion four hundred million tonnes.

If we say there are a million copies of every book ever published in 52 multiverses that's 114400000000 x 52 = 5.9488e+12 = five billion ninety-four million eight hundred eighty thousand twelve or 5.9488 trillion tonnes.

http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/number_spell_words/

Still considerably less than the weight of the Earth - 6.580 sextillion tons.

• If Superman could lift infinite weight he would not have needed the help of Wonder Woman and Kyle Rayner to lift Spectre (JLA The Spectre Soul War 1)
  • If Superman could lift infinite weight he would not have needed the help of Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Kyle Rayner to move the Earth (JLA 75)
  • If Superman could lift infinite weight he would not have needed to sun-dip in order to move Warworld (Action Comics 782)
  • Spectre was heavier than the book as it took three Justice League members to move him
  • The Earth was also heavier than the book and Spectre as it took four Justice League members to move him

Therefore Superman did not lift infinite weight."

I've seen some stupid people, but this... First of all, I've explained the Spectre bit to you. With that, lifting any part of his body would be lifting infinite weight. The feat stands on it's own, whining about it's inconsistency is pointless. Again, inconsistent feats contradict other showings. Thanks for the attempt at specific examples though?

Now to the worst part of all your ranting. It's pretty funny that you wasted all your time with that math due to your lack of reading comprehension. You seem to think something else is meant by every book possible. It doesn't mean every book written. Yours isn't even a reasonable comparison, as it makes absolutely no sense here. Every book possible means any book imaginable and unimaginable. All with any language, words, meanings, stories, lengths, sizes, shapes, colors, and any other unfathomable descriptions for a book that there COULD be. That is NOT a finite number. At this point, I think you might just be too simple to understand this stuff. They say it has infinite pages, and that it contains every book possible. You say it isn't infinite and that it doesn't contain every book possible. Forgive me if I'm hesitant to choose you over the source material.

"On our own Earth (Earth 1 in the DCU) we are moving away from printed content to digital content. It's safe to assume that is the case in other (theoretical) multiverses."

This is not a safe assumption whatsoever.

GG.