User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SHTR

No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #27

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by AARON KUDER

1:25 SCRIBBLENAUTS UNMASKED variant cover

On sale JANUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Superman takes on the brutal Beast Lord as startling revelations are made about our Earth’s underground world! Plus: more on the mysterious Ghost Soldier!

No Caption Provided

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #7

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

On sale JANUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US RATED T • Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Batman versus Superman! Trapped by the Toymaster and Mongul, our heroes turn on each other! Who will save Batman and Superman if they can’t save themselves? This epic issue is presented in a special sideways format!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #4

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by TONY S. DANIEL, BATT and SANDU FLOREA

Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

On sale JANUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The secret of Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is out and the world’s reaction is mixed, but that’s the least of the power couple’s worries as Zod seeks to release Faora from the Phantom Zone!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

No Caption Provided

SUPERBOY #27

Written by MARV WOLFMAN

Art by ANDRES GUINALDO

Cover by RAFA SANDOVAL and NORM RAPMUND

On sale JANUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

The son of Superman finds himself trapped with the Teen Titans in a future that may kill all of them.

No Caption Provided

SUPERGIRL #27

Written by TONY BEDARD

Art by YILDIRAY CINAR

Cover by GUISEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH

On sale JANUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Part Two of Kara’s confrontation with the deadly new Lobo. After last issue’s shock ending, this issue we discover an even greater threat in Shay Veritas that will force Supergirl to make a deadly choice!

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #27

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by KENNETH ROCAFORT

Cover by KEN LASHLEY

On sale JANUARY 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The Parasite can’t be stopped—and he hungers for the power that Lois Lane possesses. Is there anything The Man of Steel can do, or will he lose his best friend? The answer will surprise you!

No Caption Provided

BATMAN/SUPERMAN ANNUAL #1

Written by GREG PAK

Art by JAE LEE, ED BENES and others

Cover by ED BENES

On sale JANUARY 29 • 48 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T

It’s the first meeting of Supergirl and Red Hood, Steel and Supergirl and more as the competing Batman and Superman families must battle for the control of the missing Mongul’s fortress! And at the heart of it, Batman and Superman deal with their grief over their fallen comrades.

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SHTR

It seems that the rumors about Superboy's death were true after all...

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why no Superman Unchained? Damn Lee... I swear man... I bet Snyder wanted to it to end after 9 issues just because Lee is slowing his flow down.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Where is Superman Unchained?
No..NO...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Please don't cancel the only good Superman title out there!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delays Unchained, by Whoever and Jim Lee.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lifeofvibe

@squalleon: let me contnue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lifeofvibe

so the good news is that lobo still hases his ultra i can never die healling factor the bad news is that superman unchained isnt on this list and that lobo may be only as strong as super girl...sigh...F*CK DC

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Squalleon

I hope that Unchained isn't delayed for long :-(

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

so the Superboy news was true...ughhhh

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By EnigmaLantern

I actually love Superman Unchained, what the hell DC. DC website only shows Superman Unchained covers up to issue 6 - which comes out in December and considering no other covers have been released on DCs website nor on the Superman solicits for January 2014, we can only presume the worst. I hope the whole Batman hype in titles and comic books hasn't ruined the continuity of other books, i.e. Superman Unchained.

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern: Why would DC cancel the best selling Superman series right now?

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shtr: I don't know, I'm just saying I hope they don't but it's slightly odd that the January solicits and their website give covers already for all the other Superman (family) books except Superman Unchained, I was just speculating but I genuinly hope they don't, it's my current favourite DC title.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is unchained and why are we having the old Superman vs Batman pissing contest again?

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern: If the issue was delayed they won't post the cover on their site since it's not coming out in January. When the February solicits are out, you'll hopefully see Superman Unchained 7 among them.

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooooooooooo.Only not Connor.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

so the Superboy news was true...ughhhh

what news?

@sandman_ said:

Where is unchained and why are we having the old Superman vs Batman pissing contest again?

Because the new 52 recycles some ideas.

Where is Superman Unchained?

No..NO...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please don't cancel the only good Superman title out there!

I hope they don't cancel it.....although if they did,it honestly wouldn't be the worst thing DC has been doing in the last 2 years.

Anyway,it's probably on hiatus....for whatever reason.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: that the clone would be dying and replaced with the real John Lane Kent

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

DIDN'T DC ALREADY TRY TO REVAMP A VOODOO WITH THE WHOLE CLONE THING?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: that the clone would be dying and replaced with the real John Lane Kent

burns new 52 superboy comics

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

to be fair though even the Superboy clone has sucked big time in the New 52

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

Perhaps it's a good thing that he's dead. I just hate that I wasted my money on him and the entire new 52 in general.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

Perhaps it's a good thing that he's dead. I just hate that I wasted my money on him and the entire new 52 in general.

the only decent fix would be to just bring back the Pre52 Superboy

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

the only decent fix would be to just bring back the Pre52 Universe (with some alterations)

I fixed your post

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

the only decent fix would be to just bring back the Pre52 Universe (with some alterations)

I fixed your post

thanks

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

@cameron83 said:

@danhimself said:

I fixed your post

thanks

No prob :)

Unfortunately,it looks as if my dream won't come true until the next 30 years when DC decides to reboot again....until then,I am moving to Spawn. My pull list is like 90 percent of what Marvel throws out (at the least),so I need some balance.......

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Parasite? Nice, I've missed him in the New 52.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twentyfive

Steel's first appearance since the alternate, and might I say, messed up future in that Animal Man arc. Cool. Hopefully he will have more appearances throughout from now on.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can't wait for Batman vs Supes.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentyfive: Steel is in Suicide Squad right now,and will be in the next issue too.

Unchained is probably only delayed,Lee is Lee.

Now on to Superboy.DC has let the character be written and used like shit from the beginning,then they give him a origin nobody wanted,and now they are gonna kill him off,and replace him with the crap ppl didn't like about his origin.Whoever changed the lex origin to the Jon origin needs fired,or let me get five minutes alone with them.DC should be ashamed of themselves,but I'm sure they won't be,they will just blame the character,a character that has been successful and around for 20 years,and not put blame where it belongs,ON THEMSELVES

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH. The last 2 years DC has never failed to disappoint.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: they've been treating him like shit for those two years,and now that kill him,and spit on his grave by giving Jon lane kent his book,disgraceful.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@sandman_ said:

And lo, Batman carries a stick of Kryptonite....lol, im sure Pak will handle that well though. Unchained delayed,no other possibility. Unless DC is Stupid.

@stephens2177 said:

@arturocalakayvee: they've been treating him like shit for those two years,and now that kill him,and spit on his grave by giving Jon lane kent his book,disgraceful.

^This!! pre-52 Superboy (connor kent) even over took superman as my favorite towards the end after Geoff Johns boy of steel and Jeff Lemier's awesome work and also because i saw sooo much potential for the character. The new-52 came along and superboy had a good start but soon became underwhelming. I still stuck by him cause he's still one of my favs and nothing is unfixable, but now they KILL HIM??!! what the Flaming Firetruck!!! and replace him with someone according to the zero issue is 1.Defective and dying. 2.Pure evil. 3.Less powerful!(Harvest states that Kon-el showed greater potential for power than Jon Lane kent) why replace someone with a less powerful character?! i honestly thought they were gonna become ultimate enemies like Kon and Prime pre-52....

If this turns out to be some long term plan where eventually he comes back,that would be awesome. Hopefully, there's a loophole in that death rule for Superboy. they did kill him before and he came back stronger. Ughh,this is such a bummer!

Actually...Screw this, im going and reading Smallville titans.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@shtr: no offense been when I see your name, the word sh!tter comes to mind.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jesusdisciple001

so... I thought Lobdell was fired from superman?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By saoakden

I hope Superman Unchained isn't ending. Hopefully its just delayed. My favorite Superman title at the moment. & I'm wondering if Superboy is going to be killed off, when does Krypton Returns and Forever Evil take place? Which story happened first since the solicits say that the Superboy book says that Superboy is in the future. Seriously DC, have to release a timeline letting us know when certain stories happened. Or say which story happened first in the issues.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shtr said:

@enigmalantern: If the issue was delayed they won't post the cover on their site since it's not coming out in January. When the February solicits are out, you'll hopefully see Superman Unchained 7 among them.

It's been pushed forward a month? I would of thought Jim Lee would of had enough time, especially considering we had Villain's month where I'm sure Lee had time to get ahead with the Unchained art. It was bad enough waiting for Villain's month to finish (although I did enjoy some of it) so I could continue with the Unchained story

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

I'm almost certain that Unchained has just been delayed. The downside to Lee's awesome art is that sometimes he can cause delays for not finishing it on time. Though I'd have hoped that after Villain's Month, Lee would have more time to work on Unchained's artwork. Even though Pak is a good writer, I can't help but feel disappointed at the generic names for his villains "Beast Master" and "Ghost Soldier" as well as him reverting back to the age old Superman vs Batman debate. The constant Superman vs Batman fights were one of the reasons why I dropped the Pre Flashpoint volume.

As for Superboy, I'm heavily disappointed in DC for this. Connor sprung up in my favourite characters after Johns and Lemire's work on him. And now the New 52 has mistreated him and is now offing him for some twisted reason which is never the executive's fault for some reason and always the character's. Very annoyed about that. Even Marv Wolfman writing the new Superboy isn't enough to ease my annnoyance.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my "theory" for what happened and what might happen with superman-

-FE2 they get sucked into Bart's time portal

-they end up in Jon's time,where they fight him

-superboy gets pulled into the krypton event

- Jon gets pulled in with the Titans into Bart's time portal again,this time to his actual time,where he is considered a criminal

-superboy fights He'El and keeps the universe from going POOF,he dies.superman afterward takes his body to the Fortress,leaves him there as his last resting place.thats not the end though,kryptonians and hybrid kryptonians don't die so easily(superman,kon,and Jon all have comeback from the dead).

-kon has to use his ultra TTK power to pull his body back together and heal himself,locking in his DNA,and doing this changes him,and how his body works.

-kon now can not wave his hand and use his TTK,he has to touch it to use it,but as a nice side effect of this loss of ability,the TTK that he used on himself as made his body stronger and more durable,so he can not be hurt by lead pipes from behind anymore.

-Jon either can stay in Bart's future,where he can either join the legion as their superboy,or become the JL3000's superman.of course he could always go back to the present and be Kon's villain.kon and Jon would have two different versions of TTK,and have different personalities,and probably by then kon will,dress different(t shirt and jeans was the most popular),so it would set up a cool dynamic between them.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By UltimateSMfan
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my "theory" for what happened and what might happen with superman-

-FE2 they get sucked into Bart's time portal

-they end up in Jon's time,where they fight him

-superboy gets pulled into the krypton event

- Jon gets pulled in with the Titans into Bart's time portal again,this time to his actual time,where he is considered a criminal

-superboy fights He'El and keeps the universe from going POOF,he dies.superman afterward takes his body to the Fortress,leaves him there as his last resting place.thats not the end though,kryptonians and hybrid kryptonians don't die so easily(superman,kon,and Jon all have comeback from the dead).

-kon has to use his ultra TTK power to pull his body back together and heal himself,locking in his DNA,and doing this changes him,and how his body works.

-kon now can not wave his hand and use his TTK,he has to touch it to use it,but as a nice side effect of this loss of ability,the TTK that he used on himself as made his body stronger and more durable,so he can not be hurt by lead pipes from behind anymore.

-Jon either can stay in Bart's future,where he can either join the legion as their superboy,or become the JL3000's superman.of course he could always go back to the present and be Kon's villain.kon and Jon would have two different versions of TTK,and have different personalities,and probably by then kon will,dress different(t shirt and jeans was the most popular),so it would set up a cool dynamic between them.

Unlikely as it is, I hope this theory is true.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wolverine008

Superman Unchained looks pretty awesome. Might pick up Superman and Wonder Woman just to stare at Wonder Woman.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom said:

Parasite? Nice, I've missed him in the New 52.

his villains month issue kinda sucked

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dat Parasite story arc.

Also, that Superman/Batman issue is going to be lack-luster.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

First time in the history of Superman will allow the Parasite harm Lois?Lobdell an idiot.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By toptom

@beautifultemptress: Lois is already dying thanks to her new psi powers, so Superman is allowing him to attack her just because he is actually going to save Lois instead of killing her by draining those abilities (without wanting to i bet). To me this seems a nice way of using such a character, but above all it is even possible that Superman is not allowing anything, the Parasite could very well drain him just to absorb lois'spower later.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time in the history of Superman will allow the Parasite harm Lois?Lobdell an idiot.

QFT

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kriminal: Didn't read it so I can't comment on it.

Isn't Lois already dying thanks to Brainiac? Seems pretty obvious to me that it's just a desperate solution, she was going to die anyway. Besides, we don't know the context of the actual story yet.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By toptom

@jldoom: don't worry...every thing is fine to insult lobdell. Looks like people actually prefered the first 2 story arcs of superman...when he was fighting against some weird fire-alien or against the fake Predator.Still shaking.